Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 28, 2014 7:38 AM

Feb 2011
I'm not familiar with the LN but is there enough material?
is the show selling well?

Dec 28, 2014 9:57 AM
Sep 2014
i wouldn't mind a "extended" remake of this series before a second.. they really missed a lot of things
Dec 28, 2014 10:00 AM

Jan 2013
Ironhorse-Yakuza said:
I'm not familiar with the LN but is there enough material?
is the show selling well?

Not really, but its not terrible either. Its up to the publisher at this point.

Having only seen the CGI people and horses in the preview i honestly hope not.
Dec 28, 2014 1:00 PM

Sep 2013
Yes, I need more Tigre sama XD

Very few publishers even care about anime sales in the fist place, it's all about the manga/light novel and merchandise sales.
If those sell within their expectations it will get another season.

Just checked the sales :)
Pre anime the light novel was selling about 30.000 in the first month (vol 8 and 9).
After anime, vol 10 sold 45.000 in a month.
That 's a 50% increase :O

Anime sales not yet released, will edit, but it's looking pretty damn good for a second season :)
Dec 28, 2014 3:20 PM

Jul 2014
Light Novel has around 10 volumes and 2 arcs each. Season 1 covered 5/10 volumes, which is the first arc, so there is enough material.

Now it just depends on how much the sales fluctate.
Dec 28, 2014 3:27 PM

Apr 2014
ichii_1 said:
Yes, I need more Tigre sama XD

Very few publishers even care about anime sales in the fist place, it's all about the manga/light novel and merchandise sales.
If those sell within their expectations it will get another season.

Just checked the sales :)
Pre anime the light novel was selling about 30.000 in the first month (vol 8 and 9).
After anime, vol 10 sold 45.000 in a month.
That 's a 50% increase :O

Anime sales not yet released, will edit, but it's looking pretty damn good for a second season :)

I've heard reports of a second season, but no release date yet (no source, just rumors, so don't get your hopes up).

- AP
Dec 28, 2014 4:13 PM
Nov 2014
I don`t think the anime will get money enough to pay a second season!!
Besides this anime was very bad adapted!!

This anime was too much Weak!!
Jan 6, 2015 7:44 AM

Dec 2013
When this series began it had a lot of potential, I was hopeful, but after the first few episodes it became rushed and overly narrated. It would have turned out better to extend the number of episodes and cut most of the narration, it was very difficult to get into the story because it just didn't flow properly. One second you would be with them at camp discussing some matter, then you'd get narration taking you into the middle of a battle. The battles were mostly average, very few battle scenes really impressed. The characters were mildly interesting, but there wasn't enough proper development to really care about them.

I would rather see them do a proper reboot than a second season. Extend the number of episodes, kill the narrator, let the story flow and give the characters a chance to develop properly.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Jan 6, 2015 10:24 AM
Jun 2010
After all the people I've seen talking about how the novels are so much better, at this point I'd rather see those get released in English than a second season. And yes, I felt like I had to log in for the first time in several years to say just that!
Jan 6, 2015 10:31 AM

Dec 2013
Why would you want a second season of some stupid shit show?
Jan 6, 2015 5:38 PM

Sep 2013
The anime blu ray and dvd didn't rank :O
But don't worry it's because the cutoff line was 2800, a lot of shows didn't show up in the statistics.
Judging from the preorders and oricon charts it sold about 2400, good for this type of show, they 'll break even on this anime that's for sure.
The ones who made this anime knew it wasn't gonna sell amazing numbers in the first place, it's all about the LN and merch sales.

robis798 said:

FMA got a second season so anything's possible in this world ;)
Jan 6, 2015 6:31 PM
Jan 2015
There definitely appears to be enough material to adapt a 2nd season. I looked into it and my guess is that at this point in time the first 5 of the 10 volumes of the LN were used in the adaptation. So you have half of what the current material has available to adapt into a 2nd season. On top of it, you have so much of the world to explore in this series. The only thing that will decide whether or not it gets a second season is the demand for one.
Jan 6, 2015 8:29 PM

Aug 2014
robis798 said:

As some one who thought the light novels were pretty good I can still generally agree with this. Based on S1 this does not merit a session 2 its clear not a lot of thought went into adapting this.

From the amount of source material (5 novels) they tried and failed to cram into 13 episodes. As well as the shoestring budget that removed action packed battles in favor of a oversimplified, poorly narrated and boring delivery , most of the personality and characters development was sacrificed and they left the plot to fall by the way side as to arrive at the ending point that they were told to meet their was also the world building, politics and economics that went extinct in the adaptation even as a highlight reel this failed as it did not capture anything appreciatively instead it did the opposite in most cases.

As for the LN sales their was a decent boost to overall sales but nothing worth noting and Blu-ray /CD sales were around 3k for volume one last time I checked , they also skipped over among many other plot lines the existence of demons and their role and S2 would cover the 2nd arc demons play a large role in the second arc so it's unlikely we will be getting a S2 and their never seemed to have planned for one either this was a badly told summary rather then an adaption it was made to sell light novel nothing more
ikramitJan 7, 2015 8:51 AM
Mar 23, 2015 6:55 PM

Sep 2013
More fire for that season 2 XD
Yes, everyone promotes and does merchandise but a 200 page art book and lot a of stuff as well AFTER the anime from both the anime studio (why promote something that's you'll never do again) and the publisher?
Suspicious :(

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/03/23-1/satelight-presents-lord-marksman-and-vanadis-bust-towels-warning-nsfw
Kadokawa joined the naughtiness at their booth with series bed sheet featuring Olga
Apr 19, 2015 6:28 AM

Nov 2014
ichii_1 said:
More fire for that season 2 XD
Yes, everyone promotes and does merchandise but a 200 page art book and lot a of stuff as well AFTER the anime from both the anime studio (why promote something that's you'll never do again) and the publisher?
Suspicious :(

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/03/23-1/satelight-presents-lord-marksman-and-vanadis-bust-towels-warning-nsfw
Kadokawa joined the naughtiness at their booth with series bed sheet featuring Olga
lol that merchandise...

But I would like season 2 of this show, it is quite entertaining =)
Jun 15, 2015 5:14 PM

Jan 2010
Season 2 is a must!! There are still so many things that needs to be explained. Hoping that a season 2 will clear things out.
Jun 15, 2015 5:18 PM

Jan 2010
robis798 said:

Why would you come in this thread because of some stupid shit show? You even finished the whole season. Geez.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

181 by Talamare »»
Mar 28, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

141 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Oct 7, 2023 2:01 PM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

277 by Apratim »»
Jul 11, 2023 12:49 AM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

81 by Overcast93 »»
Dec 29, 2022 7:52 AM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2014

75 by 2life »»
Sep 10, 2022 3:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.