Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 7, 2015 3:00 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
It was an okay start, nothing spectacular to talk about

I heard that people die in this so if that's true then I'll stick with it for a while
Jan 7, 2015 3:11 PM

Apr 2008
So that's how they're going to pull out that one person doing more role than the fingers on your hand magic...
Reuse the recording from the game
Jan 7, 2015 3:12 PM

Oct 2013
Unbelievably disappointing. This is the Kantai Collection I've heard so much about?
Jan 7, 2015 3:13 PM

Jan 2012
Only one short scene with Shimakaze, but dat was expected anyway^^ Cant wait to see her real in action <3
Overall very nice and Haruna ftw, maybe i should start playin' again :o
Jan 7, 2015 3:19 PM

Apr 2009
Oddyeus said:
Who the hell thought it was a good idea to have arrows that turn into planes?

A genius.

It's a shame they didn't include the other CV/CVLs that have different methods of launching planes as well. Like crossbows, onmyouji and puppetry.
Jan 7, 2015 3:23 PM

Apr 2008
Oh, and best luck to Etajima this year in handling the insurge of local and foreign tourists.

So they are doing the Kure base in the anime.

Kind of worried about the budget for the next episodes
Jan 7, 2015 3:25 PM

Jun 2011
Kondo-Isao said:
Unbelievably disappointing. This is the Kantai Collection I've heard so much about?

If you're basing your whole impression on just the anime then yeah you'll be sorely disappointed.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Jan 7, 2015 3:29 PM

Mar 2013
Ahegyao said:
As expected mixed reactions left and right. People should not expect Cowboy Bebop or Psycho Pass level "stories."

Indeed. Well this will mainly be fun for people who have already played the game anyway. It makes a big difference if you feel like you already have some connection with the characters/references/setting already. No real reason to be excited for this if you don't to be honest.

Like that "appearance" by the admiral near the end - pretty cool to me. But for someone who haven't played the game? Probably not a big deal whatsoever. Same with the small appearances from the other shipgirls in some scenes. Also the abyssals.

Of course if you're into moe and light action then you might like this regardless.
Jan 7, 2015 3:30 PM

Apr 2014
i guess the kancolle fans before the anime are pleased

and the ppl who never heard about kancolle expect for the hype around it are confused by the hype
Jan 7, 2015 3:34 PM

Jan 2013
I didn't knew what to expect from this, but it was pretty cool.
The actions scenes were good, and well done with the cgi.

Still... no Shigure... I'm disappoint.
Jan 7, 2015 3:37 PM

Jun 2013
I like Strike Witches, so I'll probably enjoy it if it keeps on like this.

I'm just worried they'll try to cram the hundreds of characters into the show. Hopefully not if they have their heads screwed on right.

That weird feeling from recognizing the characters from doujins...
Jan 7, 2015 3:38 PM

Jan 2013
I'm hoping for some tactical stuff as well in this series on the same level as Girls Und Panzer was. Light hearted as well or where ever they go with that. Enjoyed the first episode.
Jan 7, 2015 3:48 PM

Apr 2012
Kinda didn't like the designs. Not what i was expecting, and no i have no prior knowledge of Kantai. Average so far :/

Jan 7, 2015 3:48 PM

Oct 2013
JivingLotus said:
That weird feeling from recognizing the characters from doujins...

I the same, friend.
Jan 7, 2015 4:09 PM

Nov 2012
i like the hentai on fakku
i was expecting ecchi with admiral harem
and where is my sexy bismark?

dropped, 2moe4me
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Jan 7, 2015 4:21 PM

Oct 2014
This was a pretty good start and the battle was great. I enjoyed it and can´t wait for the next episode.

Also, Fubuki is so cute~
Holy Madoka! The Yuri is strong here!

My Anime List
Jan 7, 2015 4:41 PM

Dec 2013
Nice first episode. It wasn't mindblowingly amazing nor was it garbage. It was pretty enjoyable and I liked how they got right into the action. The animation was alright and the character designs were decent.
Jan 7, 2015 4:43 PM
Apr 2013
Damn.. that was fucking bad.. I don't think I can stand to watch another episode.
Jan 7, 2015 4:49 PM

Jan 2011
know little next to nothing about kanColle besides seeing these characters like the iconic Shimakaze around the web and wondering why there such a big fandom over cute girl looking like battleships but then i actually thought about it and it makes sense,sure as hell won't be surprised if this hits top on the sales charts.

can't say i didn't dislike it just wanted to figure out if they were actually ships or transform lol turns out they just slap on some boots and a ship backpack and you're good to go, do find it hilarious that the archers shoot arrows that turn into planes with cute chibi pilots

guess this will be nice for the fans that actually play the game to see some of their favorites animated
Jan 7, 2015 4:56 PM
Oct 2014
Um............ It was very boring and cliche. The concept looks original but executed in a very generic way. The characters are "moe collection" of boredom and doing cute things.. Then I nearly slept for 15 minutes because of how boring this anime is.
Also the fanservice is unnecessary to be honest.

Will give 2 more eps, but disappointed.
Jan 7, 2015 4:59 PM

Jul 2010
So who do you guys SHIP? huehuehue...no? okay :(
Anyways, it was a...okayish start.Definitely nothing too special, but i've seen worse thise season.
Jan 7, 2015 5:01 PM

Dec 2014
For a online card game that basically has zero plot and so many characters that each have their own supporters, it's difficult for the production team to write a original story that can please all the fans while balancing each character's screen time and their significant on the story. It took the same approach like Strike Witch which is the safest way they can do without enraging fans, keep everything simple, constantly throwing fan service, make a story about coming of age of a lesser heroine as the main plot, and you can at least satisfy most of the fans who are desperately wanting an anime of their own after Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio.

The first episode is not bad for what the anime wants to be, but it's not great either. The characters are fine for what it is, the art and design is...well it's not the first time I have to turn off part of my brain or I will constantly question my insanity while watching an anime. Yet, I feel no tension from the battles because the enemy is so ineffective and there is no tactic involved from both sides, it's all about introducing the characters and let them have their moments but I think fans would appreciate more if they put more effort into making the battle more interesting, they are not going to kill off one character that's for sure, but you can still create tension even though no real consequence.
Jan 7, 2015 5:03 PM

Aug 2013
Roy88Mustang said:
Um............ It was very boring and cliche. The concept looks original but executed in a very generic way. The characters are "moe collection" of boredom and doing cute things..

Yep, I think the same.

It was an average episode with nothing special, just little girls acting like little girls :/
Jan 7, 2015 5:15 PM

Mar 2013
Akagi and Kaga stole the show. One scene of Shimakaze is sadden. Overall, nice first episode. Funny how people already complaining about this Anime. If you don't like it, don't watch it. If you are not familiar with strike witches then don't also.
Jan 7, 2015 5:18 PM

Mar 2013
Moodie said:
i guess the kancolle fans before the anime are pleased

and the ppl who never heard about kancolle expect for the hype around it are confused by the hype

kinda think so too.
Jan 7, 2015 5:36 PM

Apr 2013
Nothing unique, and them destroyers' voices are still ringing in my head.
Akagi & Kaga flawless victory? Let me guess...1-1 map.
Fubuki, senpai has noticed you. Good for you.
Jan 7, 2015 5:38 PM

Apr 2013
A good start
Not having played the game, I didn't feel any connection with the characters. But that sure will change as the characters gets more screentime
Putting that aside, it was enjoyable. The cg was well done and mix well with the visuals, animation is fluid, but the best thing it has to offer so far is the ost
Let's see what the hype is all about
(It's fun seeing people who get into the show with wrong expectations and get disappointed at the end)
TriZenJan 7, 2015 5:43 PM
Jan 7, 2015 5:39 PM
Sep 2013
Is this anime actually worth it? I've seen tons of doujins relating to this series. I know there are a lot of cute characters, but I have no idea what story there is (if there really is any one at all). Should I wait a few episodes to see if it still continues to have a high rating? It is in the 800's as of now, but I'm afraid that fanboys are overrating the first episode. And what did the content mainly consist of? Ecchi, humor, action? Adaptations of things like card games often have terrible animes, so I'm afraid to start something unique like this.
Jan 7, 2015 5:41 PM

Apr 2014
Never played Kantai Collection ever, so is it normal for arrows to turn into fighter planes?

Series reminds me of Girls Und Panzer and Arpeggio Of Blue Steel. I thought the ending theme was the from the same artist as Arpeggio but i'm wrong i think.
Jan 7, 2015 5:41 PM

Mar 2014
Hmm interesting. First half was just introductions and cute girls doing cute things. Second half was the battle which was fine but nothing special. I thought they should have showed more of that girl in black who they were fighting against. Animation looks nice though.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Jan 7, 2015 5:43 PM

Oct 2014
i watch it only for the sake of better understanding the characters on my doujin collection.
Jan 7, 2015 6:01 PM

Oct 2013
zetsubousei_hero said:
Funny how people already complaining about this Anime. If you don't like it, don't watch it.

I hate how people say this. How do we know if we don't like it if we don't watch the thing.
Jan 7, 2015 6:01 PM

Nov 2012
hyrulequest21 said:
Is this anime actually worth it? I've seen tons of doujins relating to this series. I know there are a lot of cute characters, but I have no idea what story there is (if there really is any one at all). Should I wait a few episodes to see if it still continues to have a high rating? It is in the 800's as of now, but I'm afraid that fanboys are overrating the first episode. And what did the content mainly consist of? Ecchi, humor, action? Adaptations of things like card games often have terrible animes, so I'm afraid to start something unique like this.

The story will be something new as the game itself did not have any story whatsoever. The rating will most likely drop and even out into a low 7 or high 6. I wouldn't expect the anime to be as action packed as other well known action anime. Ecchi is probably going to be kept at a minimum unless clothes start ripping when the girls get hit. To answer your actual question, I personally feel that the anime is aimed at Kancolle fans, so I don't believe the anime is going to provide much enjoyment to those who know nothing about it.
ShigureJan 7, 2015 6:05 PM
Jan 7, 2015 6:20 PM
Jul 2018
All these people failing to understand that this Anime is targeted at those who play the game.

There was tons of jokes and details that you would only get if you're part of the fanbase/game long before the Anime (like Yuubari lagging behind for example)

10/10 episode. as somehow who's been playing the game since 2013, this was awesome, I feel pleased.
Jan 7, 2015 6:28 PM

Jul 2010
Haven't played the game too, but it seems sort of ridiculous (in a good way) and got some laughs from it. I guess seeing planes coming out like that and just with them having ship parts were pretty nice in an enjoyable way.

Pretty fast pace with already some action scenes. This is more than enjoyable enough for me to continue. I honestly didn't know what to expect with close to no knowledge from the game but it turned out pretty enjoyable based on episode 1.
Jan 7, 2015 6:29 PM

Mar 2014
I couldn't stop smiling throughout the whole episode, I really like that they're making it similiar to strike witches, looking forward to next week..

I haven't been playing in quite a while.. took me by surprise, a great one ^^

also, Ooi must be so happy

I do get the feelig this probably won't be so entertaining for people not familiar with the game, it's a bit sad but at the same time. getting an adaption tageted at fans is damn nice
Jan 7, 2015 6:29 PM

Sep 2012
Hakay said:
Roy88Mustang said:
Um............ It was very boring and cliche. The concept looks original but executed in a very generic way. The characters are "moe collection" of boredom and doing cute things..

Yep, I think the same.

It was an average episode with nothing special, just little girls acting like little girls :/

Well... Yeah, wtf do you expect from a military moe anime? Did you really have high expectations for girls und panzer, Stella Women's Academy, Strike witches, and upotte? The funny thing is that the people expect something amazing from these kind of moe shows and then they get disappointed that its unoriginal and boring. Might as well say that to ecchi shows too.
Jan 7, 2015 6:33 PM

Oct 2012
Nice start seem like Strike Witches but on the water

I want Hime soon
Jan 7, 2015 6:43 PM

Apr 2014
Shimakaze not as MC was bad.
Haters always gonna hate.
Jan 7, 2015 6:52 PM

Jun 2008
To those who don't play the game or simply can't enjoy the genre, please abandon ship now.
It's your fault that you jumped into the "hypeship" expecting the hype to translate into "something that CATERS to you", while the ones who played the game just hopes for a faithful adaptation.
-----------Anyways-----------------

Nice Start, a Good balance of 3D Cg and normal animation. Voice Acting are Great. Story is on the safe side and I hope they keep the balance of Action and SoL in Check.

Also I don't want it, but Akagi Death Flags are raised frequently in this episode.

Setherzam said:
What an irresponsible admiral sending a lvl 1 fubuki to an event. Still a great pilot though, if the rest of the season is this good then I think we have a winner for AotS

Meh, I'd send any new KanMusu that I got and place her as the flagship to a hard mission...lol (Of course with other Overlevel'ed Ships.) :P

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jan 7, 2015 6:54 PM
Feb 2010
My level of doom is palpable. Once the opening narration ended, I spent the better part of the remaining episode [Screaming Internally] because I understand this show far more than can possibly be good for me.

Also, now I kinda feel bad for using my starting Fubuki as modernizing material somewhere along the way. ;S

orz #KusoTTK

Anyway, as for my long-term thoughts on the show... I'll be interested to see where they take this. It is actually possible to make it a semi-serious action show that acts as a plot-driven backdrop to the game, but it's far easier for them to make it a fluffy slice-of-lifey sort of thing with standalone action 'set pieces' that don't really affect anything and exist to do little more than satisfy our desire to see them. Then we'd have "Boat This - Cute Boat Daughters Doing Cute Boat Things: The Anime" (Inside joke, don't try and correct my 'translation'.)

Since the pictures in the game are moe enough on their own, I'm hoping for a proper story.
Jan 7, 2015 7:05 PM

Sep 2012
kaimax said:
To those who don't play the game or simply can't enjoy the genre, please abandon ship now.
It's your fault that you jumped into the "hypeship" expecting the hype to translate into "something that CATERS to you", while the ones who played the game just hopes for a faithful adaptation.
-----------Anyways-----------------

Nice Start, a Good balance of 3D Cg and normal animation. Voice Acting are Great. Story is on the safe side and I hope they keep the balance of Action and SoL in Check.

Also I don't want it, but Akagi Death Flags are raised frequently in this episode.

Setherzam said:
What an irresponsible admiral sending a lvl 1 fubuki to an event. Still a great pilot though, if the rest of the season is this good then I think we have a winner for AotS

Meh, I'd send any new KanMusu that I got and place her as the flagship to a hard mission...lol (Of course with other Overlevel'ed Ships.) :P

You mean for those who doesn't enjoy moe miltary anime. Don't bother watching it at all.... because its not gonna be any different from any other moe military anime. You should be watching it for the characters.
Jan 7, 2015 7:17 PM

Jul 2012
This looks awesome.

The girls battling while water-skating looked really cool.

I think her name is Yuudachi I like her so far and there were some other girls in this I think I'll like but they didn't show them much in this first episode.
Jan 7, 2015 7:19 PM
Apr 2008
Well when you've watch anime for too long you basically can watch anything.

Also people who expected a serious story in a moe anime is retarded, yes I really mean it.
Jan 7, 2015 7:32 PM

Sep 2012
amoex said:

Also people who expected a serious story in a moe anime is retarded, yes I really mean it.

Yes.. I agree with you. I mean, I don't know what else you can see when looking at the cover for the anime.
Jan 7, 2015 7:32 PM
Jul 2014
Shimakaze.. please take over this anime and we will have a winner.
Jan 7, 2015 7:49 PM

Mar 2014
This is an anime for the Kancolle admirals. This should have been obvious from the beginning to EVERYONE.

If you aren't a player, please jump ship now. Seriously, I will bet that if you haven't so much as looked at the actual game, all the random lines and little nods flew right over your head.
Objectively, I found the SoL kind of boring. The action was alright. The CG seems to be better than average thus far, but 3DCG by itself doesn't turn me off so I couldn't really care less about it.

Fubuki needs to wisen up fast. Real fast. But otherwise, it's a pretty average episode. The bosses should probably do a better job of making base assaults just a tad more difficult than what we just saw, though.
As a 7-month veteran of Kancolle, I look forward to seeing how this develops.
Was just a little disappointed my best waifu Isuzu wasn't here though...but SHIRATSUYU AND SHIGURE SPOTTED. MORE BEST DESTROYERS PLS.
Jan 7, 2015 8:17 PM

Nov 2011
amoex said:

Moe doesn't automatically equate to a non-serious or bad story. You've seen Tokyo Magnitude 8.0; it had moe character designs and still had a serious storyline.

Generalizing like that is pretty distasteful.

People need to get over hating on negative opinions just because they're negative. I believe that's the actual complaint here- the fans don't want to hear criticism.
TripleSRankJan 7, 2015 8:29 PM
Jan 7, 2015 8:31 PM

Oct 2012
KUSOTEITOKU??

Well, Ayane Sakura-san that's how you talk to yourself xD
Wow, Phoenix phoenix

Hmm... I don't recognize the boss
Anyone???
I want Hoppo to appear.. But she's too stronk xD
And Akagi & Kagi was too OP in this episode
Give Hiryuu & Soryuu some spotlight too!!

No signs of Ryuujou, or Drunken Yu-Gi-Oh girl xD

Well, just remember guys it's
Urobutcher
Prepare your feels!!
Kuchikukan Kiritsugu!!! xD
Rayl1ghtJan 7, 2015 8:37 PM
"Signature removed"
Jan 7, 2015 8:31 PM
Jul 2013
in the end... we didn't we see the admiral at all..

which thats great because it will not considered as "Harem" anime.....

the other thing that is, my waifu didn't make any appearance at all in this anime...
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2015

115 by Foreall908 »»
Sep 5, 2023 2:20 AM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2015

130 by Deazu »»
Aug 1, 2023 6:53 PM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2015

119 by Deazu »»
Aug 1, 2023 2:02 PM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2015

168 by Deazu »»
Jul 30, 2023 1:44 PM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2015

261 by Deazu »»
Jul 30, 2023 12:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.