Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 28, 2014 7:31 AM

Apr 2010
FloydBt said:
Aversa said:

And now on to the next bit.
It's finally explained how this society and it's hatred against Norma in this world has developed.
So it was a way of control after all, keeping an ethnic minority in the world to hate so that the mana introduced society would not hate each other.
And that way they won't cause a revolt or a war.

I honestly have no idea how that explanation make sense to you. In fact, to me, it shows how poorly written the story is. Right before the explanation about how Mana came into the world, they said Embryo recreated humanity. Maybe he did the God thing, maybe they are in the Matrix, maybe some Ancient Humans agreed to have their genes manipulated, maybe they are factory fresh. Either way, why does a humanity that is designed to be peaceful and intelligent need something to hate and be so stupid they believe baby girls threaten their existence? Even if they did, why does it seem like the existence of the real Ancient Humans seem to be unknown to the mana users? It looks like they had a really needed something to rally against, the people storming what appears to be the Mitsurigi Empire and making one hell of a mess would have done the trick.
Well i guess Jill referred to him as god because he is the one on control and it's clear that he has lived longer then ordinary humans and by that logic he can't really be called human.

When Jill was explaining her story she mentioned that the most importuned thing for the peaceful humanity was the technology Mana.
And the she mentioned genetical engineering she also mentioned that Mana was needed to give everyone what they wanted so they would not look for an excuse to wage war.
So i think the most importuned thing to keep people from waging war is not genetical engineering but Mana.
The genetic engineering part is a bit questionable indeed.
If you create a new humanity in a lab your bound to meet resistance from the already existing humans who won't take a new comer taking over there place.
Genetically modifying the exiting humans requires there cooperation and a lot of resources to achieve and again there is probably a major part of the population which will work against you because of distrust or because they don't want you to mess with their genes.
Another option might be alter the genes of part of the population who are willing to cooperate and hope that the genes spread with reproduction, but this will take a long time and you will be facing some of the same problems.
And this way the effect of the genes becomes less as well.

Like you mentioned this population isn't as peaceful as what you want to expect from a genetically altered civilisation.
The need a technology to keep themselves happy the need an ethnic minority so they wont aim their hatred against each other.
And why would a peacefully country surrounded by other peaceful country need an army and a navy and weapons?
Let's not forget Julio who took a howl fleet with him to wipe out to Norma.
It seems to me he is rather blood thirsty for someone from a peaceful civilisation.
Dec 28, 2014 11:21 AM

Oct 2014
Can someone explain to me where is episode 13???
"It's like Tolstoy said. Happiness is an allegory, unhappiness a story"

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Dec 28, 2014 12:19 PM

Feb 2013
gabyta07 said:
Can someone explain to me where is episode 13???

Right?! I've been wondering the same
Dec 28, 2014 12:24 PM

May 2014
Its delayed until next year. Worth the wait IMO though.
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Dec 28, 2014 12:32 PM

Feb 2013
KazuhoYoshii said:

Ohh alright
Dec 28, 2014 12:57 PM

Oct 2014
KazuhoYoshii said:

Oh thanks, So they took a holiday break
"It's like Tolstoy said. Happiness is an allegory, unhappiness a story"

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Dec 28, 2014 1:02 PM

Nov 2012
KazuhoYoshii said:
nonsense! cross ange > holiday
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Dec 28, 2014 4:02 PM
Sep 2014
Can they just give a warning next time coz i have been refreshing animeultima.tv over 40 times for the past 12 hours
Dec 28, 2014 5:17 PM

May 2014
I just decided to try catching up on UBW and a bit of Monster instead, but definitely looking forward to it.
Dec 28, 2014 5:55 PM

Oct 2007
We have come to save you, please drop your weapon off so that we can send you off safely. Tehe!

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Dec 28, 2014 6:20 PM
Nov 2014
Quick question: How did Vivian turn from human form into dragon, and how did she turn back?
Dec 28, 2014 6:52 PM
Jun 2009
cheesewithwhine said:
Quick question: How did Vivian turn from human form into dragon, and how did she turn back?

It still hasn't been revealed how she turned into a dragon. But, I think she turned back by the power of Ange's song.
Dec 30, 2014 7:56 AM
Dec 2014
Some points worth of taking note (from memory, so take it with a grain of salt):
- After Sala attack, the "plant" was destroyed. Jill ask how much time they have. We still don't know what the plant does, but the sudden dragonification of Vivian can be explained this way.
- The Pillar "controls" the singularities/portals/whatever-the-name. Riza ask Julio to open one of these portals, and suddenly and without warning Arzenal is attacked. So Riza and Sala are in this together.
-Tusk names himself as Vilkiss Knight, AND in the story of Jill, Alektra says when returns that she lost her arm, the ring, and the knight family. Vilkiss Knight seems to be something more than a nice nickname.
- Embryo doesn't seem to be surprised by the existence of Sala and her Ragna-mail. More so when he's the one who controls the ragna-mails. It's premature to say that she's his underling, though.
Dec 30, 2014 1:49 PM

Mar 2014
Omg that Madoka Magica plot twist!
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Dec 30, 2014 2:46 PM

Oct 2007
StrawberryRain said:
You can go back to sleep now.

For god sake, can't people just stop this nonsense already?

Dec 30, 2014 9:19 PM

Mar 2014
Siva said:
StrawberryRain said:

Pfft. You cannot stop the Cross Ange greatness!
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Dec 30, 2014 11:37 PM
Dec 2014
The Episode 12 was a revelation of the truth about DRAGONs. Vivian could turn into it, but... HOW DID SHE DO IT? Another question that I tought is... Only the Normas can turn into a dragon?

I think, where did Mana come from? How did the Humanity has this skill?

I think not only the normas can turn into a dragon. Maybe the "mana" has other efects on some humans, and these efects turn them into dragons. It was a mutation, a body's reaction?
Dec 31, 2014 3:18 PM

Oct 2007
StrawberryRain said:
Siva said:

Pfft. You cannot stop the Cross Ange greatness!
I see no relation of this show to Madoka or whatsoever. Please don't just spout out nonsense whenever you feel like it.

Dec 31, 2014 3:44 PM

Nov 2012
StrawberryRain said:
how the fuck cross ange related to madoka? @_@
Dec 31, 2014 5:35 PM

Nov 2013
ninjastarforcex said:
StrawberryRain said:
how the fuck cross ange related to madoka? @_@

As Jill said: "You know how the story goes. The monster was human all along."
Dec 31, 2014 6:01 PM

Nov 2011
In the meantime, we have a key visual for the second cour!

Dec 31, 2014 6:42 PM
Dec 2014
Stark700 said:

Salia's clothes are remembering me the Zero's from Code Geass...
Jan 1, 2015 8:13 AM

Apr 2011
I wonder why Salia is wearing that? Hoping we'll see her sing too.
Jan 1, 2015 8:21 AM

Nov 2012
vilkiss = jesuss
Jan 1, 2015 9:08 AM

Apr 2013
Stark700 said:

pretty excited
Jan 1, 2015 11:20 PM
Dec 2014
sturm_alpha said:
Stark700 said:

It's confirmed then, Sala (or Sarah) is a dragon.

Maybe this dragons are Embryo's new humanity?
Jan 1, 2015 11:22 PM

May 2013
Stark700 said:

Vilkiss descended from heaven.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jan 2, 2015 12:21 AM

May 2014
Villkiss in that pv reminds me of
Jan 2, 2015 1:23 AM

Oct 2008
alright, cool episode, plot is thickening or should I say confusing?

Jan 2, 2015 9:23 AM

Jan 2011
a correct decision to not kill a dragon that can sing

Jill's story is a bit confusing, need more info!
Jan 2, 2015 10:42 AM
Jan 2, 2015 11:44 AM
Dec 2014
Beriaru said:
sturm_alpha said:

It's confirmed then, Sala (or Sarah) is a dragon.

Maybe this dragons are Embryo's new humanity?

I don't think so. Embryo was trying to stop the conflicts, so i don't think he would give this power to humanity. What I can say is the dragons are a mutation, but... How could the normas, which don't have mana, transform themselves into dragons? Maybe the dragons are humans with mana.
if dragons are normas, could Ange be a dragon, too? (It would be so cool!)

So, Sala is a dragon. And one of the most important, I think. She has a paramail, too!

Well, the anime's plot is surprising me. I didn't think that Cross Ange would make me excited every episode!
Jan 3, 2015 6:48 PM

Feb 2013
Jill, you forgot to mention a little something...

So Vivian is a dragon. Neat.

Hilda in charge... I think she'll do a better job than Salia.
Jan 5, 2015 11:32 PM
Jul 2018
One of the most UNDERRATED anime ive ever seen...
Jan 7, 2015 9:11 PM

Jun 2010
I knew, I bloody knew it. I saw this coming from a mile away. sunrise you never disappoint.

still wonder why ange feels horny when bathing in dragon blood but starts puking once she finds out it's actually norma blood.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Jan 8, 2015 2:06 AM

Nov 2012
richard360 said:
I knew, I bloody knew it. I saw this coming from a mile away. sunrise you never disappoint.

still wonder why ange feels horny when bathing in dragon blood but starts puking once she finds out it's actually norma blood.
she is closet sadist. still better sadist than esdeath tho...
Jan 19, 2015 8:15 PM

Jul 2009
Amazing episode!

What a twist! So the Dragons were humans after all! Though does that mean they were Norma since Vivian did turned into one? So this is why the humans were scared of Norma, it all make sense, but still stupid of them.

Why the hell is this God guy tried to create a perfect paradise, just because there was endless wars and hatred all over the world? There is no paradise of some sorts. It's all delusional bullshit as my Ange has put it.

Now this is his fault, if he didn't tried making a so called Paradise, there were supposed to be Norma or any Dragon in the first place.

So Alektra was the first princess in the royal family. Though she doesn't look old that much. Even same with that Lord guy. Could it be they don't age :O

Damn i thought Vivian was gonna die due to accidental kill! Now this changes everything. Will all the Normas eventually turn into Dragoon? I have feeling Sunrise will pull something crazy like Ange and that Red Villkiss turning into Dragons in the final battle!!

Though Ange negates the Dragons effect due to her ring? Does that mean she won't be turning into Dragon any time soon?

This is now Ange's time to pay back with that stupid brother of hers. I hope she kills him slowly and painfully as possible.

I'm loving it!!! Good stuff Sunrise!

Can't wait for the next episode!!
Jan 19, 2015 11:41 PM

Dec 2012
Oh wow, that was so screwed up when Ange's attention shifted from Vivian turning back into a human to the mountain of dragon corpses. I guess the norma turning into dragons is the reason why they're regarded as monsters. I wonder where all of those dragons come from then, an alternate reality perhaps?
Feb 26, 2015 3:28 PM
Nov 2013
Kinda similar twist on suisi no gargantia an shinsekai yori for example.
Saw that coming from a mile away.
Mar 30, 2015 12:14 AM

Sep 2014
WHOA, WHAT?!

Vivian makes a cute dragon. that curry and subsequent scurrying away. LMAO XD

And Embryo, dafuq
Mar 31, 2015 11:21 AM

Oct 2014
PLOTTO TWISTU
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2015 6:34 AM

Jan 2012
Godtier_Taste said:
His name is Embryo... Oh god! Have mercy on my poor sides.

came here to post this...

brb rolling on the floor everytime his name was said..

XD
Apr 13, 2015 1:05 PM

Jun 2013
Another entertaining episode!
Apr 14, 2015 5:17 AM
May 2012
Holy shit, that was actually interesting :O
Nice twist is nice.
May 4, 2015 4:05 PM

Sep 2013
Ill just leave it here
May 21, 2015 11:10 PM
May 2015
hpulley said:
The odd thing about the twist. I should have noticed it already but do you know what, including all the yuri... do you know what anime Cross Ange is really similar to??? Shinsekai Yori! Mental powers, humans with and without them, "monsters" who turn out to be humans, an ancient super weapon to be used against them, creating a new world. Mind = blown.

Yep
1. Seemingly "perfect" world but in reality there are dark secrets
2. Ppl that cant use powers are segregated/left for dead
3. Homosexuality (Shinsekai->result of genetic modification; Cross Ange->result of segregation/primal instincts)

Cross Ange couldve been a LOT better if it executed even half as well as Shinsekai tho.

On another note, not liking this plot twist. This one was completely out of left field. The show needs to add more subtly and hints.
EL PSY CONGROO
Jul 14, 2015 11:11 PM

Aug 2013
Vivian must not die !
Well that's expected. Not surprising.
Now what's the reason for the fight between norma and dragons.
I look forward to finding out.
Jul 30, 2015 11:42 AM

Feb 2012
Gundam Yori.
Dragon are humans ? dem plot twists

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Nov 5, 2015 2:23 PM

Oct 2010
If Jill was a princess and seen all that shit, you would think she would be more understanding of everything and not act as a prison rapist in the first two episodes. *sigh*

Surprising twist, but not that interesting. I'm more eager to see what will happen next.
Still don't like Ange. Hate her smug and confident personality. And even worse when she is suddenly more talkative at one scene and then switches back to her regular self at another.

So far, I think I like Hilda and Tusk the best. Salia is nice too. ˇˇ
Dec 27, 2015 2:43 AM

Dec 2012
So humans are DRAGONs or DRAGONs are humans.

Nice booty from Jill. No nipples again. I cry every time.

Dude name is Embryo. lol
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

331 by jiashun02 »»
Oct 22, 2023 3:16 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

194 by Babieca009 »»
Aug 17, 2023 5:51 PM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

131 by FireRifle64 »»
Aug 8, 2023 1:03 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

285 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Jul 17, 2023 4:24 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

151 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Jul 17, 2023 3:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.