Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Dec 20, 2014 1:35 PM

Jan 2014
Archer just had to spoil his semi-nice guy moment.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Dec 20, 2014 1:36 PM

Dec 2014
RedRoseFring said:

Great, you're here RedRoseFring! Back me up on this argument.
I am the Priest of my church
Yuetsu is my body, and wine is my blood
I have trolled over a thousand users
Unknown to sympathy, nor known to apathy
Withstood Shirou to eat Mapo Tofu
Yet, my question will never be answered
So as I rejoice, Unlimited Kirei Works!
Dec 20, 2014 1:37 PM

Nov 2014
TrueKireiPriest said:
RedRoseFring said:

LOL. This is the sequel we were all waiting for.

Dec 20, 2014 1:40 PM

Aug 2014
I really don't get why people say f/z was so great. Yeah it was pretty good but the entirety of f/sn was better.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Dec 20, 2014 1:40 PM

Apr 2014
SwordHand said:
TrueKireiPriest said:

LOL. This is the sequel we were all waiting for.

Now we just need nocorras...

I have my glass ready.

Dec 20, 2014 1:41 PM

May 2013
Raziel1991 said:
Its funny you say that, if people are complaining about UBWs SoL scenes things will be a lot worse for HF.

Well, I sure know that H/F's slice of life scenes were the only ones I truly enjoyed mostly because Sakura's my favorite girl and because
so I cannot objectively argue against that due to having inherent bias.

StrayBotato said:
ijuka said:

Well, I sure know that H/F's slice of life scenes were the only ones I truly enjoyed mostly because Sakura's my favorite girl and because
I could have sworn you were shitting on the SoL in HF just last week tho...

Hmm. It's possible. Re-reading the entire thing helps.
ijukaDec 20, 2014 1:51 PM
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Dec 20, 2014 1:43 PM

Nov 2013
ijuka said:
Raziel1991 said:
Its funny you say that, if people are complaining about UBWs SoL scenes things will be a lot worse for HF.

I could have sworn you were shitting on the SoL in HF just last week tho...
Dec 20, 2014 1:51 PM

Sep 2014
silverwalls said:
archer looked very delicious in this scene. c:

Delicious

*slurp*
The sun is a deadly laser
Dec 20, 2014 1:53 PM

Sep 2012
WrongPriest said:
Dream95 said:
where are you guys watching this? not up at the site I usually go to soo...

We're japanese
and from the Dark Side.
Dec 20, 2014 1:57 PM

Sep 2014
Ufo doesn't fail to disappoint, sleeping seiba!

Not enough aachaa dammit >n<
Dec 20, 2014 2:00 PM

Sep 2013
Well the general forum has become a mess again. Enjoy some sleeping Saber while we wait for it to blow over:

Damn, got completely sniped.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 20, 2014 2:00 PM

Aug 2013
soundscape said:

For starters I don't find Shirou, Rin or Saber interesting chars as far as characterization goes.

Are you an HxH fan? Most of the characters that people find interesting in characterization didn't get really interesting until the end of their arcs. Gon started getting interesting later in chimera and Meruem about mid to mid-end of the arc.

You said you liked Fate Zero but the big main characters didn't get interesting until the second cour.
Dec 20, 2014 2:02 PM

Aug 2013
black1blade said:
I really don't get why people say f/z was so great. Yeah it was pretty good but the entirety of f/sn was better.

It's because Fate Zero is grimdark, edgy and SERIOUS. Fate stay night lacks manchildren and has scenes in highschool.
Dec 20, 2014 2:03 PM

Jan 2008
Man the SOL scenes sure make me want to take a nap... it was hard to get through this episode compared to the last few.
Dec 20, 2014 2:05 PM

Sep 2014
This overreaction tho...

Dec 20, 2014 2:06 PM

May 2013
Kolios said:
soundscape said:

For starters I don't find Shirou, Rin or Saber interesting chars as far as characterization goes.

Are you an HxH fan? Most of the characters that people find interesting in characterization didn't get really interesting until the end of their arcs. Gon started getting interesting later in chimera and Meruem about mid to mid-end of the arc.

You said you liked Fate Zero but the big main characters didn't get interesting until the second cour.

Personally, I loved HxH. Something that this series could really use is that third party narrator that narrated some characters' thoughts from time to time. It really added a lot of what is missing from this.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."

Nov 2014
mira-lala said:
This overreaction tho...

He's been taking drama lessons from Taiga.

May 2013
Kolios said:
black1blade said:

It's because Fate Zero is grimdark, edgy and SERIOUS. Fate stay night lacks manchildren and has scenes in highschool.

Yeah. That's why you should just concentrate on other things during the "preparation" routes.

The next episode should be better, at least judging by that episode preview.
Dec 20, 2014 2:08 PM

Sep 2014
SwordHand said:
mira-lala said:
This overreaction tho...

And Shitji XD
Dec 20, 2014 2:09 PM

Aug 2014
Kolios said:
black1blade said:

I remember being really shocked that humans can be absorbed for mana when watching the deenanime after f/z. That never comes up in f/z. I am looking forward to seeing fate/zero again now that I've finished the visual novel though.

Dec 20, 2014 2:11 PM

Aug 2014
Dark=/=good and I like dark shows but it doesn't make something that has high school in it immature.

Oct 2013
Kolios said:
soundscape said:

Why do you bring other series into this? It's totally irrelevant.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Jan 2014
ijuka said:
Kolios said:

Yeah. That's why you should just concentrate on other things during the "preparation" routes.

I will really appreciate it if you keep your opinion to yourself. If you want to discuss, go to the general discussion thread.

Don't spout bullshit here.
Dec 20, 2014 2:12 PM

Oct 2014
mira-lala said:
SwordHand said:

And Shitji XD

shitji best teacher.
Dec 20, 2014 2:13 PM
Sep 2012
TrueKireiPriest said:
ijuka said:

For continuation from F/Z, Heaven's Feel is the way to go. UBW just has some of these things that you can focus on but I consider it to practically be a side story.

UBW standalone I'd rate as 7/10 or 7.5/10 and I can see your enjoyment being worse if you did watch F/Z before, and the reason is because you have such expectations and comparison point. If you had just started watching this with no expectations like that, your comparison would be perhaps your daily life instead and everything might seem awesome.

I have to agree with you there, HF is the clear and only real sequel to Fate/Zero. UBW really falls short and doesn't go into any of the complex and interesting themes raised in F/Z. Disappointment is the only word for this show :'(
There are many things that one can critique F/sn for when comparing it to Zero but its thematic depth isn't one of them. UBW in particular goes far more in depth with its dive into idealism than Zero does.
ahncgj21Dec 20, 2014 2:17 PM
Dec 20, 2014 2:14 PM
Jan 2014
ijuka said:

Preach it brotha. Heaven's feel for life <3 Sakura best girl
Dec 20, 2014 2:15 PM

May 2013
LitzSabr said:
ijuka said:

Preach it brotha. Heaven's feel for life <3 Sakura best girl

Serious or not, I shall rejoice.
Dec 20, 2014 2:17 PM

Oct 2009
The pace is very slow. Saber does look like a secondary character so far. Hopefully we ll get more explanations soon, there are quite a few events/dialogues that don't make any sense.

I prefer the other version/route even though this one is better animated. I havent seen the VN btw.
Dec 20, 2014 2:18 PM

May 2013
TheDodo said:
The pace is very slow. Saber does look like a secondary character so far. Hopefully we ll get more explanations soon, there are quite a few events/dialogues that don't make any sense.

I prefer the other version/route even though this one is better animated. I havent seen the VN btw.

She's a secondary character, it's Rin's route after all. Well, that's wrong. She's still a main character but just her role isn't nearly as large due to obvious reasons.

The next episode is where it should become slightly better.
Dec 20, 2014 2:19 PM

Jan 2014
TheDodo said:

Saber is a side character in this route. So yeah she has to look like one.
Dec 20, 2014 2:21 PM
Aug 2014
Good episode. The ship is sailing, those teenagers.
Dec 20, 2014 2:21 PM

Jul 2007
mira-lala said:
SwordHand said:

And Shitji XD

More like, he has been taking lessons from Rin, since its nigh identical to the shit she did in EP2.

TheDodo said:

Saber IS secondary character.
Dec 20, 2014 2:26 PM

Oct 2014
CapsuleCore said:

Even if you already got most of it apparently, you really should just give it a try, if you have enough time. You're still missing out on a lot of scenes. The route is pretty short, so you should be done with it very quickly.

i will consider it, but i still but UBW and HF are, as i said, more important.

now, let me return to Kara no Kyoukai,
which apparently, i started with the wrong movie (2nd), since someone told me to watch in chronological order and not release order, but after some research it seems i should have started with movie 1 first.
Now to watch movie 1 :D
Dec 20, 2014 2:26 PM

Sep 2014
CookingPriest said:
mira-lala said:

And Shitji XD

More like, he has been taking lessons from Rin, since its nigh identical to the shit she did in EP2.
It's Shinji. Get over it. =3
Dec 20, 2014 2:27 PM

Mar 2008
Some really good Rin Moments here

KuistockeDec 20, 2014 2:32 PM
Reaction Channels for Fate/Stay Night UBW (TV)
first season
second season
Dec 20, 2014 2:28 PM

Sep 2014
Shrimperor said:
CapsuleCore said:

Even if you already got most of it apparently, you really should just give it a try, if you have enough time. You're still missing out on a lot of scenes. The route is pretty short, so you should be done with it very quickly.

which apparently, i started with the wrong movie (2nd), since someone told me to watch in chronological order and not release order, but after some research it seems i should have started with movie 1 first.

Actually, Fate is the most important route. In turns of expo, and intros. You won't get the VN at all if you didn't have Fate route. And you wouldn't get Shirou's character either. You wouldn't see how he grew in UBW no HF. You won't know what rules are broken in the next two routes, e.t.c
Dec 20, 2014 2:29 PM

Oct 2014
mira-lala said:
Actually, Fate is the most important route. In turns of expo, and intros. You won't get the VN at all if you didn't have Fate route. And you wouldn't get Shirou's character either. You wouldn't see how he grew in UBW no HF. You won't know what rules are broken in the next two routes, e.t.c

Shrimperor said:

The thing is, i already know much about fate (shitty manga, some deen, ending, TM-wiki, Fanfiction, and by that i mean a lot of FF, etc..), And i am not really fond of Fate's Shirou, even if i know that that is probably due to poisoning.
That's why i am not really interested in Fate route right now imo, and i find reading UBW and HF much more appealing.

May 2013
Well, yeah, Fate's rather necessary as an introduction. Saying it's the most important though... Let's not get into that.

Sep 2013
Plus no Fate = no Sieba development

=(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 20, 2014 2:31 PM

Jul 2011
Robots aren't necessary to enjoy a story
Dec 20, 2014 2:32 PM

May 2013
Shrimperor said:
mira-lala said:

Shrimperor said:

The thing is, i already know much about fate (shitty manga, some deen, ending, TM-wiki, Fanfiction, and by that i mean a lot of FF, etc..), And i am not really fond of Fate's Shirou, even if i know that that is probably due to poisoning.
That's why i am not really interested in Fate route right now imo, and i find reading UBW and HF much more appealing.
Fate Shirou in the VN is still annoying but better than in Deenpoisoned stuffs. What I'd do, is skim through most of the Fate part of the VN while slowing down for some interesting-seeming explanation scenes and such... But if you already know the outline of what's going to happen, it's going to be a complete pain to read through it and I know I wouldn't be able to. But you should at least skim through it.
Dec 20, 2014 2:33 PM

May 2011
Shrimperor said:
CapsuleCore said:

Who the F*CK told you to watch it in chronological order, cause if i see him i will tear him apart ! i mean is movie 1 movie 2 etc... are not enough obvious ?!

Like every other people telling to watch Fate in Bullcrap chronological order...

lol they should wait for the HF movie to come then try to watch the two series simultaneously day by day in parralelle timeline and it will true crhonoligally watching...

Jul 2007
Fate is important to understand UBW
Fate is important for HF to make any sort of emotional resonance with reader/viewer.

Sep 2013
Praland said:
Robots aren't necessary to enjoy a story

I'll lay off the Sakura bashing, but you gotta lay off the Saber bashing >:(
Dec 20, 2014 2:34 PM

Apr 2012
Too much battle shounen talk from Shirou. Needs more shit to blow up

Dec 20, 2014 2:36 PM

May 2011
Zeally said:

yeah let's go naruto !
Dec 20, 2014 2:37 PM

Aug 2013
ijuka said:
Kolios said:

Personally, I loved HxH. Something that this series could really use is that third party narrator that narrated some characters' thoughts from time to time. It really added a lot of what is missing from this.

A third party narrator to tell the viewers the obvious and repeat verbatim what the characters said? No thanks.
Dec 20, 2014 2:37 PM

Sep 2013
Zeally said:

I recommend the UBW movie then.
Dec 20, 2014 2:38 PM

Sep 2014
ijuka said:
Well, yeah, Fate's rather necessary as an introduction. Saying it's the most important though... Let's not get into that.

It is tho. Like what CP said, you need Fate to see Shirou's growth in UBW. You need Fate to see the 180 in HF. HF is not needed to understand Fate, UBW is not needed to understand Fate. It's the only route that can act as a standalone. See, some Fate stuff has been incorporated into UBW because there's no Fate route to tell the new viewers. The other routes won't work AT ALL without Fate. It's like how the VN wouldn't work without Rin.
Dec 20, 2014 2:40 PM

Nov 2013
mira-lala said:
ijuka said:

It is tho. Like what CP said, you need Fate to see Shirou's growth in UBW. You need Fate to see the 180 in HF. HF is not needed to understand Fate, UBW is not needed to understand Fate. It's the only route that can act as a standalone. See, some Fate stuff has been incorporated into UBW because there's no Fate route to tell the new viewers. The other routes won't work AT ALL without Fate. It's like how the VN wouldn't work without Rin.
And this is why Mira-chan is my favorite Saber fangirl on MAL :)
Pages (19) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by oilapqoi »»
Today, 12:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

707 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 14, 1:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.