Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Dec 20, 2014 12:47 PM

Sep 2013
soundscape said:
SwordHand said:

Nah, it's probably very boring, but we just have fun seeing our favorite characters on the big screen.

The episode would feel less empty in a marathon.

True a marathon probably would be better, heard i the 2nd cour all the good and interesting stuff happen,right?
I guess it would be more interesting, if you appreciated the build-up, because that's what the first cours is for, but if it bores you, it can't be helped. Interesting is subjective. If you only care for the fights, you might like the second half, but the conversations in-between might bore you.
Dec 20, 2014 12:48 PM

May 2014
soundscape said:
SwordHand said:

Nah, it's probably very boring, but we just have fun seeing our favorite characters on the big screen.

True a marathon probably would be better, heard i the 2nd cour all the good and interesting stuff happen,right?

Interesting stuff does indeed happen, but 2nd cour will also help you to understand why episodes like these are important.
Jul 2018
Rin is staying with Shirou for a while.

Dec 2014
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
soundscape said:
Am I a hater if I say that this was quite boring? Interactions and dialog seems mediocre to me, thus aside for fights this makes it boring for me. So stop school and start fighting!!! Archer is awesome though.

Nope it just shows you care more about action and doesn't care/understand build-up..........

Different people, different taste but don't come complaining later if you missed the hints and foreshadowing in these "Boring" episodes. Until then you are not a hater.

ofc he only cares about action, because that's all the show does well (apart from animating my handsome face, that is).

Once again, fanboys on this site are marginalizing an opinion they don't agree with. It pisses me off.
I am the Priest of my church
Yuetsu is my body, and wine is my blood
I have trolled over a thousand users
Unknown to sympathy, nor known to apathy
Withstood Shirou to eat Mapo Tofu
Yet, my question will never be answered
So as I rejoice, Unlimited Kirei Works!
Dec 20, 2014 12:49 PM

Mar 2008
soundscape said:
SwordHand said:

With a marathon you'll feel the buildup episodes less so and get a large dose of everything in one, and may increase your enjoyment in the franchise. I'll be following this weekly myself.
Reaction Channels for Fate/Stay Night UBW (TV)
first season
second season
Dec 20, 2014 12:49 PM
Sep 2012
soundscape said:
Am I a hater if I say that this was quite boring? Interactions and dialog seems mediocre to me, thus aside for fights this makes it boring for me. So stop school and start fighting!!! Archer is awesome though.
Well let's start with this, what are you finding mediocre about the interactions and dialogue?
Dec 20, 2014 12:54 PM

May 2014
y123y said:
Im not a fan of Saber..... But she looked reallyyyyyyy adorable when she was sleeping

I dunnnnnooo. Dat Taiga sleepy-face *x*

Sep 2013
Shrimperor said:
Kamipriest said:

I suggest reading fate route then since you can skip the prologue and the first day probably, and it is only about a 10 hour route after that depending on how fast you read. Then read UBW up to whereever the cliffhanger scene is, if you can stop yourself from reading more lol.

The thing is, i already know much about fate (shitty manga, some deen, ending, TM-wiki, Fanfiction, and by that i mean a lot of FF, etc..), And i am not really fond of Fate's Shirou, even if i know that that is probably due to poisoning.
That's why i am not really interested in Fate route right now imo, and i find reading UBW and HF much more appealing.
Even if you already got most of it apparently, you really should just give it a try, if you have enough time. You're still missing out on a lot of scenes. The route is pretty short, so you should be done with it very quickly.

It's like you saw the first LotR movie and then wish to start with the third and fourth book (second movie), because you think you already know everything about the first. Not everything was covered by DEEN, the manga and the wiki, the Tiger Dojos alone and the scenes that weren't adapted alone are worth it.

Oct 2013
notJune said:
soundscape said:
Well let's start with this, what are you finding mediocre about the interactions and dialogue?

For starters I don't find Shirou, Rin or Saber interesting chars as far as characterization goes. The dialog isn't witty, it's pretty straightforward as far as I am concerned that is. Thus making the interactions boring to me. People seem to believe that if I don't enjoy them somehow I am stupid or don't pay attention or taht I only like action... (I'll miss the hints of foreshadowing)

"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Dec 20, 2014 12:55 PM
Aug 2012
soundscape said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Nope it just shows you care more about action and doesn't care/understand build-up..........

Different people, different taste but don't come complaining later if you missed the hints and foreshadowing in these "Boring" episodes. Until then you are not a hater.

Lol what an ignorant thing to say.

Ignorant huh? Don't see how that happened.......rude or blunt maybe.....

I am just giving you simple facts..........don't come back complaining later because of your own issues/taste.

Dec 20, 2014 12:56 PM

Nov 2014
notJune said:
soundscape said:

The dialogue in these episodes aren't superb alone, but they flesh out the theme of the story very well. It's hard to appreciate them as it is because everything hasn't fallen into place.

Think about it this way: would you want to take a break at this point in the story if you were playing the VN?

Edit: Also, please stop lumping "truth and fact" with criticisms guys. Some of you throw terms around incorrectly when you're ranting. Have a snickers.

Dec 20, 2014 12:57 PM

Sep 2014
Kolios said:
FlameseeK said:
Pretty
, maybe they should make the fire scene look more hellish or something... I dunno.

Unfortunately showing people getting their throat scorched while they're trying to help others would be going against censorship of TV series. This is why it was the right decision to make Heaven's Feel into a movie(s) where they can show pretty much whatever they want.

I don't know what the deal with censorship is. I don't know about the details, but it's not like Elfen Lied had any issues with censorship for not being a movie. Nor was there a problem with Rider's head spinning around. In Snk, there's even people being eaten alive and losing their limbs. I find it hard to believe a fire with people dying and their voices pleading for help would be much worse (if any) than the things I mentioned.
Dec 20, 2014 12:57 PM

May 2014
SwordHand said:
notJune said:

The dialogue in these episodes aren't superb alone, but they flesh out the theme of the story very well. It's hard to appreciate them as it is because everything hasn't fallen into place.

Think about it this way: would you want to take a break at this point in the story if you were playing the VN?

Haha, Pretty much this.

I may have called in sick one day of work... don't judge.
Dec 20, 2014 12:58 PM

May 2013
soundscape said:

Well in anime I generally am looking forward to character development a lot more than fights, so episodes like these are pretty good. Of course, it still was the most boring day of the anime so far so with that under consideration, they did a very good job with it.

The next episode should be amazing, however.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Dec 20, 2014 12:59 PM

Oct 2013
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
soundscape said:

Lol what an ignorant thing to say.

I am just giving you simple facts..........don't come back complaining later because of your own issues/taste.

Ignorant because you seem to assume that you know my taste. "I like only action.." (take a look at my favorites first). Also you assume I don't pay attention or don't get the hints of foreshadowing....
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Dec 20, 2014 1:00 PM

Jul 2007
FlameseeK said:
Kolios said:

Unfortunately showing people getting their throat scorched while they're trying to help others would be going against censorship of TV series. This is why it was the right decision to make Heaven's Feel into a movie(s) where they can show pretty much whatever they want.

I don't know what the deal with censorship is. I don't know about the details, but it's not like Elfen Lied had any issues with censorship for not being a movie. Nor was there a problem with Rider's head spinning around. In Snk, there's even people being eaten alive and losing their limbs. I find it hard to believe a fire with people dying and their voices pleading for help would be much worse (if any) than the things I mentioned.

DIfferent times, different channels, different laws.

FSN airs in same channel as Terraformars (of glorious gradients) did.
Dec 20, 2014 1:02 PM

May 2013
soundscape said:
notJune said:

For starters I don't find Shirou, Rin or Saber interesting chars as far as characterization goes. The dialog isn't witty, it's pretty straightforward as far as I am concerned that is. Thus making the interactions boring to me. People seem to believe that if I don't enjoy them somehow I am stupid or don't pay attention or taht I only like action... (I'll miss the hints of foreshadowing)

I can understand your concerns. Try to concentrate on the issue with the ideals, and look forward to Heaven's Feel with the best girl Sakura.

UBW is overall a rather mediocre experience, so try to concentrate on the important things.

Also, don't mind the swarm of people("priests") here defending every part of it, I can see where you're coming from.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Dec 20, 2014 1:03 PM

Nov 2013
I think I was dreading the cooking episodes, this was probably the most enjoyable episode so far for me though lol.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include

Sep 2013
WrongPriest said:
y123y said:
Im not a fan of Saber..... But she looked reallyyyyyyy adorable when she was sleeping

I dunnnnnooo. Dat Taiga sleepy-face *x*

Nahh Saber da best

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Oct 2013
ijuka said:
soundscape said:

Well in anime I generally am looking forward to character development a lot more than fights, so episodes like these are pretty good. Of course, it still was the most boring day of the anime so far so with that under consideration, they did a very good job with it.

The next episode should be amazing, however.

The thing is me too...
Dec 20, 2014 1:04 PM

Apr 2014
soundscape said:
For starters I don't find Shirou, Rin or Saber interesting chars as far as characterization goes. The dialog isn't witty, it's pretty straightforward as far as I am concerned that is. Thus making the interactions boring to me.[/spoiler]

If you're genuinely interested in Fate, then the visual novel will be what you're looking for since their characterizations are fleshed out very well. This adaptation doesn't do as good of a job as it could have in portraying the chemistry between them imo.

F/SN visual novel = book + character art + background art + music + sound effects + dynamic screen movement + voice acting. Highly recommend giving it a try to see why Fate has been so hyped.
Dec 20, 2014 1:06 PM

May 2013
ZeroDragon said:
soundscape said:
For starters I don't find Shirou, Rin or Saber interesting chars as far as characterization goes. The dialog isn't witty, it's pretty straightforward as far as I am concerned that is. Thus making the interactions boring to me.[/spoiler]

If you're genuinely interested in Fate, then the visual novel will be what you're looking for since their characterizations are fleshed out very well. This adaptation doesn't do as good of a job as it could have in portraying the chemistry between them imo.

F/SN visual novel = book + character art + background art + music + sound effects + dynamic screen movement + voice acting. Highly recommend giving it a try to see why Fate has been so hyped.

This could be true. The anime leaves some important things out. I guess you could like the characters more if you were reading the VN instead. It's quite a commitment, however, and not reasonable to expect for everyone.
Dec 20, 2014 1:06 PM
Aug 2012
soundscape said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Ignorant because you seem to assume that you know my taste. "I like only action.." (take a look at my favorites first). Also you assume I don't pay attention or don't get the hints of foreshadowing....

> I don't care about your list.....i don't like judging people by their list.

> Doesn't care/Understand............is the meaning too hard too understand?

I am giving my opinion about you just like you gave your opinion about "dialogues being boring/mediocre". Neither of them is a fact.

> I only said "Don't come complaining later if you miss things" and that will get you a "Hater" status.

Stop assuming that people assume you are stupid or whatever...........

Dec 20, 2014 1:07 PM

Nov 2014
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
soundscape said:

> I don't care about your list.....i like judging people by their list.

> Doesn't care/Understand............is the meaning too hard too understand?

I am giving my opinion about you just like you gave your opinion about "dialogues being boring/mediocre". Neither of them is a fact.

> I only said "Don't come complaining later if you miss things" and that will get you a "Hater" status.

Stop assuming that people assume you are stupid or whatever...........

Take it outside of the episode discussion if you guys want to get freaky

Jun 2009
Good episode, that mostly focused on Shirou and Rin. I laughed at his opening and closing the door when he saw Rin. Haha. Pretty good conversations with Rin and Archer, also.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Nov 2014
[quote=ZeroDragon]
soundscape said:

Rereading with voices was like a whole new experience. HOW COULD I HAVE READ IT WITHOUT THE VOICES

Dec 20, 2014 1:08 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
I love the way Rin indirectly teases Shirou. She's such an amusing character. Them faces though. :3
Also, she looked really nice with her red and black as usual. Shirou really checked her out a good deal this episode. :9

Archer is so harsh; criticizing Shirou's ideal to no end. I still like him though, but damn!
Well, he did fix up Shirou's circuits so I guess that's alright. No, not really...

Good episode. Epic finale awaits next week!

Dec 20, 2014 1:09 PM

Sep 2014
CookingPriest said:
FlameseeK said:

Perhaps they chose the wrong channel then? lol

Wasn't Terraformas supposed to be gory though? I didn't watch it, but that's what I heard/read at the beginning of the season.

I can understand that there are some things channels would rather not show, since not everyone has the stomach for gore. But that doesn't explain why they would be allowed to show a scene like Rider's death. While it could have been bloodier, it was still a disturbing scene anyway.
Dec 20, 2014 1:10 PM

Oct 2013
ZeroDragon said:
soundscape said:

Oh ok thx, I might give it a try. Was Fate Zero adapted from a VN too? I surely liked and enjoyed the hell out of that one.
Dec 20, 2014 1:10 PM

Apr 2014
ijuka said:
ZeroDragon said:

This could be true. The anime leaves some important things out. I guess you could like the characters more if you were reading the VN instead. It's quite a commitment, however, and not reasonable to expect for everyone.

Hence why I'm only throwing it out there as a recommendation if he's actually interested in Fate or discovering why it has such a massive and passionate fanbase.
Dec 20, 2014 1:12 PM

Nov 2014
oh god what happened to the quote system.

The world is ...!

Dec 20, 2014 1:13 PM
Aug 2012
soundscape said:

Oh ok thx, I might give it a try. Was Fate Zero adapted from a VN too? I surely liked and enjoyed the hell out of that one.

It was adapted from a LN. I think you can find it on Baka-Tsuki if you are interested in reading it.

Dec 20, 2014 1:14 PM

Apr 2013
liked the episode.

seems like archer used to be like shirou but failed that is why he is so opposed to ideals.

cannot wait for next week.
Dec 20, 2014 1:14 PM

Jul 2007
FlameseeK said:
CookingPriest said:

Wasn't Terraformas supposed to be gory though? I didn't watch it, but that's what I heard/read at the beginning of the season.

I can understand that there are some things channels would rather not show, since not everyone has the stomach for gore. But that doesn't explain why they would be allowed to show a scene like Rider's death. While it could have been bloodier, it was still a disturbing scene anyway.

You are right it was SUPPOSED to. This is how it turned out:

yeah.
Dec 20, 2014 1:15 PM

Dec 2014
soundscape said:

No, it wasn't part of the VN, it was created by another person. That should be obvious given how much better it is than this show so far.

Really, let me ask you this honestly: Does this show even compare to Fate/Zero? Do you really think it was made by the same person?
Dec 20, 2014 1:16 PM

Apr 2014
soundscape said:
ZeroDragon said:

F/Z was a light novel, so a straight up book. For the F/SN VN, you can find more information in the link to RedShadoww's FAQ (which I had also linked to in my FAQ):
http://www.reddit.com/r/anime/wiki/seriesfaq-fate
Dec 20, 2014 1:17 PM

Sep 2013
TrueKireiPriest said:
soundscape said:

No, it wasn't part of the VN, it was created by another person. That should be obvious given how much better it is than this show so far.

Really, let me ask you this honestly: Does this show even compare to Fate/Zero? Do you really think it was made by the same person?
Better is still subjective. Besides, Fate/Zero was largely guided by Nasu. Why am I even responding to an obvious troll?
Dec 20, 2014 1:18 PM

Nov 2014
Let the derailing begin.

Dec 20, 2014 1:19 PM

Sep 2014
CookingPriest said:
FlameseeK said:

You are right it was SUPPOSED to. This is how it turned out:

yeah.

Dafuk? Why even air a gory anime with that much censorship? LOL

How can these people not find a better channel? You're better off not airing it on such a channel if the censorship goes that far...

May 2014
SwordHand said:
Let the derailing begin.

^Yuuuuuuuup, someone has bested even my PS powers.

Time to sleep lol, Tohsacage has done me in.

Oct 2013
TrueKireiPriest said:
soundscape said:

Thus far no, as far as my enjoyment goes and chars(as I remember). But I don't want to go too deep in that sort of discussion because there are already signs of aggressive fans. Although surprisingly most were really civil, so that was nice.
Dec 20, 2014 1:20 PM

Oct 2012
I didn't enjoy this episode as much as the others. One of the reasons why I enjoy Fate is because the show is able to maintain an appropriate sense of atmosphere throughout the series. There is always this underlying tension that helps you engage with the material, and wonder what to expect. Sometimes, brief comedic scenes will be thrown in to relieve that tension. But if the comedy sequences go too long, they start feeling out-of-place. If the writing for the comedy was just as solid as the writing for the rest of the show, this wouldn't be a problem to me, but it is in this case. Fate is a show that focuses on mood more than most shows, so changes in mood are more keenly felt.
Dec 20, 2014 1:22 PM

Dec 2014
CapsuleCore said:
TrueKireiPriest said:

Better is still subjective. Besides, Fate/Zero was largely guided by Nasu. Why am I even responding to an obvious troll?

Come now, clearly Fate/Zero was a much more intricately executed anime than this is - I'd think that was obvious. Even if Nasu was a supervisor, the parts of the show that gave it so such depth clearly wasn't from him.
soundscape said:

Thus far no, as far as my enjoyment goes and chars(as I remember). But I don't want to go too deep in that sort of discussion because there are already signs of aggressive fans. Although surprisingly most were really civil, so that was nice.

Don't let these fanboys dissuade you from voicing a simple opinion. They're just insecure and can't accept that someone has a pov they don't share. In fact, you have an obligation to voice your dissent, otherwise these priests will just continue their echo chamber of groupthink and circle jerking.
Dec 20, 2014 1:23 PM

Sep 2013
TrueKireiPriest said:
CapsuleCore said:

Come now, clearly Fate/Zero was a much more intricately executed anime than this is - I'd think that was obvious. Even if Nasu was a supervisor, the parts of the show that gave it so such depth clearly wasn't from him.
Sure, elaborate in the general discussion thread please.
Dec 20, 2014 1:25 PM

May 2013
soundscape said:
TrueKireiPriest said:

For continuation from F/Z, Heaven's Feel is the way to go. UBW just has some of these things that you can focus on but I consider it to practically be a side story.

UBW standalone I'd rate as 7/10 or 7.5/10 and I can see your enjoyment being worse if you did watch F/Z before, and the reason is because you have such expectations and comparison point. If you had just started watching this with no expectations like that, your comparison would be perhaps your daily life instead and everything might seem awesome.
Dec 20, 2014 1:28 PM

Dec 2014
ijuka said:
soundscape said:

For continuation from F/Z, Heaven's Feel is the way to go. UBW just has some of these things that you can focus on but I consider it to practically be a side story.

UBW standalone I'd rate as 7/10 or 7.5/10 and I can see your enjoyment being worse if you did watch F/Z before, and the reason is because you have such expectations and comparison point. If you had just started watching this with no expectations like that, your comparison would be perhaps your daily life instead and everything might seem awesome.

I have to agree with you there, HF is the clear and only real sequel to Fate/Zero. UBW really falls short and doesn't go into any of the complex and interesting themes raised in F/Z. Disappointment is the only word for this show :'(
Dec 20, 2014 1:30 PM

Sep 2013
TrueKireiPriest said:
ijuka said:

I have to agree with you there, HF is the clear and only real sequel to Fate/Zero. UBW really falls short and doesn't go into any of the complex and interesting themes raised in F/Z. Disappointment is the only word for this show :'(
FSN is retroactively following up Fate/Zero. None of the three routes manage to do it alone.
Dec 20, 2014 1:32 PM

Aug 2014
Still, UBW is great for the characters involved in the f/sn not f/z because f/sn came out before. F/sn wasn't designed to complement f/z it's the other way around. You can't expect UBW to be tied into f/z.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Dec 20, 2014 1:33 PM

Dec 2014
CapsuleCore said:
TrueKireiPriest said:

FSN is retroactively following up Fate/Zero. None of the three routes manage to do it alone.

Yeah, yeah, I get that in a way each route is the sequel as a whole, but in terms of carrying over and continuing the themes from F/Z, HF stands head and shoulders over Fate or UBW.

It's no surprise that HF is also the best in terms of quality compared to Fate or UBW, since it delves into the these themes that made F/Z so great.
Dec 20, 2014 1:34 PM

Mar 2011
Its funny you say that, if people are complaining about UBWs SoL scenes things will be a lot worse for HF.
Pages (19) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by oilapqoi »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

707 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 14, 1:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.