Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 19, 2014 9:34 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was awesome seeing everyone back again :>

Even Sora is back in his normal form again. Tenka's presence is very much needed in this struggle so I'm glad he is back as well. Action was okay and it looks like the second half of the finale focused on fighting the Orichi, nothing surprise there. Teamwork was great as well. Never underestimate the power of the family and unity :3

7/10. Pleasant show overall. I hope they adapt the prequels someday
Dec 19, 2014 9:46 AM

Oct 2013
I know I said last week that if this goes for a generic happy ending, it'll probably ruin the entire series... but I was wrong. I was really, really wrong. While I think a tragic ending still may have been better, this was an unbelievably satisfying ending. Even the characters I expected to be done away with, such as Botan and Kagami, ended up surviving... which should be a bad thing but actually makes me elated.

I do wish Kagami's fate would've been briefly touched upon, but I suppose it's safe to assume he ended up being a wanderer who abandoned his quest for vengeance thanks to Chutaro. A tad bitter, but mostly sweet.

The euphoric ending is given a touch of disaster through Shirasu's majestic suicide. I don't think any character in this series is demonized, Shirasu included. He was ultimately just trying to restore his clan, swept aside by the changing of times, and his ultimate fate is both sad and beautiful. While his suicide may come off as a little pretentious, I found it well done and probably my favorite scene of the episode.

If only Soramaru and Nishiki's inevitable romance had been further explored, then this truly would've been a perfect ending.

A strong 7/10 for this series, and one of the best of the season. I'll be re-watching it dubbed at some point.
ZadionDec 19, 2014 1:17 PM

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Dec 19, 2014 11:06 AM

Mar 2013
wow, everyone is back :)
great ending episode.....
Dec 19, 2014 11:10 AM

Jan 2012
I enjoyed this show. It wasn't the kinda show I'll really think about much in the future, but when I do I'll think "yeah, this told an enjoyable story in an enjoyable fashion." The definition of a "good" show. 7/10

Oh, and Nishiki remained the best character! :D
Dec 19, 2014 11:26 AM

Jul 2010
Only Orochi itself can defeat Orochi! Saving Soramaru and breaking the swords, it was nice how the it felt like the spell gathered up its power to end Orochi once and for all.

Kagami was a nice character to the very end.

Everybody helping and even with the townspeople. The combined hit to destroy Orochi was awesome.

Shirasu being a Fuma till the end :/

The Kumoh family hug :D Well it was a happy end with Orochi being defeated and a celebration occurring. Botan having not disappear and Hirari remembering was nice to see. Nishiki having that determination, glad she'd found a place where she can call home.

I'll give this a 8/10, quite the enjoyable ride!
Dec 19, 2014 11:33 AM
Dec 2012
I loved this episode so much. I cried the whole time. I really believe this is one of the better anime this season.
Dec 19, 2014 11:35 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Why didn't they let Kagami join the team too? He's an excellent fighter and could've helped them defeat the Orochi. Unless, by saying "Boku mo nakama ni irete yo" he meant to fight them instead.
Nice seeing Chutaro saving him though. Well, Kagami paid back soon after from the shadow too.

Orochi is finally defeated, but now the canals are contaminated with his body and blood in liquid form. No water for the villagers anymore, I guess.

Shirasu's open suicide scene was pretty sad. I really wished he'd turn good and return to the Kumo brothers. *Sigh..

Nice afterparty to end the show. The only thing to complain about is Chutaro's dialogues being poorly done by Funimation. "Tenny" instead of "Ten-nii" and adding "sir" after everything he said. Not amused, sir.

Dec 19, 2014 11:44 AM

Jan 2013
The whole anime is way too rushed, especially the ending. They fight between the Orochi was too easy and we don't really know why Shirasu helped the Orochi. I'm a bit disappointed. The ending was nice, but that's all.

Dec 19, 2014 11:46 AM

Sep 2008
I love this series so much!
I laughing and crying...
I don't want ending!

This is amazing how such short series make me love all characters!

Really must start buying manga xD
Dec 19, 2014 11:48 AM

Aug 2010
Happy ending :D Well bittersweet if u think about Shirasu :(

The Orochi animation looked BA :O

Loved all the bromance between all the brothers and Sousei and Tenka.

HirarixBotan is so OTP <3<3 Loved their scene at the end :3 And Nishi-chan blushing at the end was kawaii <3

8/10 for me
Dec 19, 2014 11:53 AM

Feb 2014
Honestly, I liked Shirasu.

Everyone being back together and defeating the Orochi.
Those battle scenes and even people from the town helping out.

The party at the end.
Takeda being underage to drink; Hirari and Botan being all lovey dovey while Nishiki is sitting there blushing.

I really enjoyed this series.
It's one of the shows I looked forward to, coming home from school.

"Later on, you will become a lively person causing headaches as the shrine-god."
Dec 19, 2014 11:56 AM

Dec 2013
Awesome episode. Everybody coming together for the final battle.
Although when Soramaru was separated from Orochi, I couldn't help but laugh about the perspective it was shown.

Overall really enjoyed this series. Didn't think it would have so many feels moments in them, even more touching if you have siblings yourself.

A 9/10 from me.
Dec 19, 2014 12:18 PM

Oct 2014
From now on, lets, laugh, cry, and live... Under the sunny skies...Laugh!

Wow, what a great ending though, I wanna cry and laugh all at the same time. Very solid series. So good seeing everyone together again. I'm definitely gonna miss this series a lot, is way too underrated.

Dec 19, 2014 12:25 PM

Nov 2013
It was a good adaptation, though the Orochi was defeated quite easy :/

I still prefer the manga but overall it was a nice anime! 8/10

Dec 19, 2014 12:28 PM

Sep 2014
Nishiki blushing and crying when Soramaru appeared before her. She's so cute asdfoghjfspohjsop

I'm pretty pleased with the anime adaption although I do agree with some of you that this episode was pretty rushed (I read the manga beforehand, so.). Oh well, still enjoyed it ^^ I think they branched more onto the characters at the party in the anime compared to the manga, which was nice to see.

And sometimes I kind of wish they did a mini animation scene of Tenka doing an obstacle course with his wheelchair like he did in the manga hahaha
Dec 19, 2014 12:29 PM

Apr 2014
The ending was great.
The anime was great.

The final scene with all of them celebrating was great.

I'm glad I watched this show. 8/10

Gonna start reading the prequel manga now.

Dec 19, 2014 12:46 PM

Aug 2014
Wow, the ending seriously had me filled with goosebumps.

8/10 <3
Dec 19, 2014 12:53 PM

Jul 2010
For Shirasu to kill himself was just too pretentious, no way would a ninja kill himself like that.
yeo
Dec 19, 2014 1:14 PM

May 2014
This anime is just awesome. And i don't really know why. Haha

9/10
Dec 19, 2014 1:18 PM
Jul 2018
I was not really satisfied with the final episode.

5-6/10
Dec 19, 2014 1:38 PM
Oct 2014
The whole anime was a bit too rushed but i still liked it. All the characters are so lovely c: but shirasu's suicide ...
Dec 19, 2014 1:45 PM

Mar 2014
9/10 for me. A little cliche for the ending but I felt that it was needed with that ride of feels over the previous episodes. I heard the manga is still continued so I might read that to progress the story.
I like anime and you like anime. We have more in common than you think.....
Dec 19, 2014 1:47 PM

Nov 2007
No Op. Orochi finally gout out by that twin blade weapon. The container, KajiKaji's character, is the only one who can defeat it. So the oldest one was really not the container to begin with (I hoped that he was the original one and power moved to KajiKaji's character). He was a research body for getting the DNA of Orochi's container inside (he had the same scar thing).

Suzukenk's character finally recovered memory of his ancestor's. That masked guy brought oldest and Toriumi-san's character and committed suicide with them, who are fortunately safe... Villagers also came to help out. The two young ones and Shimono-san's character went to Orochi and finished it quickly. Sakurai-san ninja cannot be with them, so he died.

The end was nice, especially showing two groups of threesome (to show both newly-formed and old friendship).
tsubasaloverDec 19, 2014 2:58 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 19, 2014 1:56 PM

Jun 2009
awesome end for an fantastic anime
Dec 19, 2014 2:03 PM

Dec 2013
The episode was very weak. Typical ultimate fight, explosions bullshit. I had some fun though, and liked some characters so 4/10.

Mugen900 said:
For Shirasu to kill himself was just too pretentious, no way would a ninja kill himself like that.

True. He was the best character and the manga is still ongoing, he has to live. They trolled like with Tenka.
Dec 19, 2014 2:19 PM

Sep 2014
I wish the show was a bit longer, but overall it's still a very good series. The final episode really felt like a grand finale and brought closure to mostly everything. I wish they would've followed up more on Kagami at the end, but I guess the way that he's been treated throughout the show ties in with his character.

8/10
Dec 19, 2014 2:24 PM
Jul 2018
HazukashiiDesu said:
The episode was very weak. Typical ultimate fight, explosions bullshit. I had some fun though, and liked some characters so 4/10.

Mugen900 said:

True. He was the best character and the manga is still ongoing, he has to live. They trolled like with Tenka.

Does the manga differ much from the anime in terms of storyline?
Because for the last few episodes I found the quality to be decreasing.
Dec 19, 2014 2:26 PM

Dec 2013
DejWoSWK said:
HazukashiiDesu said:

Does the manga differ much from the anime in terms of storyline?
Because for the last few episodes I found the quality to be decreasing.

I don't know man, I'm just betting he's alive, I don't read the manga.

Also funny how the anime jumped form the #1900 area to #1145 after applying the 1/5th rule. Weird considering it's not a popular show = it doesn't have haters.
Dec 19, 2014 2:46 PM

Oct 2013
HazukashiiDesu said:

I don't know man, I'm just betting he's alive, I don't read the manga.

Also funny how the anime jumped form the #1900 area to #1145 after applying the 1/5th rule. Weird considering it's not a popular show = it doesn't have haters.

Still too low, IMO. It deserves an 8.0 average as far as I'm concerned.

The main manga for this series is already finished; the anime is a complete adaption. You might be thinking of the prequel manga or side stories, which are both on-going but not part of the main series.

Sora's comment about wishing he could see Shirasu again does seem ambiguous and leave room for Shirasu's return, though, and according to MAL, Donten ni Warau Gaiden includes side stories that take place after the series, so it is possible Shirasu shows back up during them at some point...?

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Dec 19, 2014 3:05 PM
Jun 2014
I can't even express how much I enjoyed this series.
<3<3<3
Sad we didn't get to see the opening,
But still was a satisfying ending imo.
The characters are all so lovable.

I think I may start the manga soon.
I need more ^3^
Dec 19, 2014 3:13 PM
Jul 2018
Soramaru is back to his normal self.

Orochi is finally defeated.

Shirasu committed suicide.
Dec 19, 2014 3:24 PM

Jan 2013
My initial expectation for this was low with the first two episodes, but it got way better.
It's a shame that it was this short, but I loved it, and while the fight ended on a easy way, I loved the way it ended, to be perfect it needed something more between Soramaru and Nishiki.
Dec 19, 2014 3:37 PM

Dec 2012
I raised the score for the series to 7/10, because I think the series is highly enjoyable and a good watch. While the ending wasn't something unpredictable and original, it focused on the characters more and delivered sense of closure. Which is more than fine, ya know. Hurray for the three brothers!
Dec 19, 2014 3:38 PM

Dec 2013
Zadion said:
The main manga for this series is already finished; the anime is a complete adaption. You might be thinking of the prequel manga or side stories, which are both on-going but not part of the main series.

Oh indeed. Sorry for the confusion.
Dec 19, 2014 4:06 PM
Sep 2009
Shirasu what a backstabber XD loved this serie a lot and wish there would be a second seasons but I guess that won't happen.
I haven't read the manga yet so I'll do that for sure.
Dec 19, 2014 4:45 PM

Jan 2011
It looked like the drop was pretty deep, but that just means no one can go down there to see whether Shirasu is still there. If this was not the last episode, we would definitively see him again after something like this.

I can see him actually being dead too, though. I don't think the half mask was a coincidence there. He was Fuma till the end indeed, but he was also a friend to the Kumoh. That easily explains his actions at the cliff. He doesn't want to fight them being their friend, but as a Fuma he can't just give up either.

And while the three brothers might be able to forgive him (Sora wasn't even sure there, but i think he would, especially with Tenka doing so - with the Fuma exposed and incarcerated, and his brother gone he hardly can plot something like this again, and Tenka wouldn't let himself be fooled twice either - i don't think the others, - especially all those people, who simply must have lost friends, family and their homes, given the widespread destruction - will be able to do so, or even if, feel comfortable knowing that he is around.

So taking himself out of the equation by suicide works rather well. The only people who will miss him are the brothers, and his betrayal should work a lot to make it easier to overcome him being dead.

Whether he actually is dead doesn't even matter. Even if he is alive, now that the Orochi is gone for good everything he worked for is gone, too. He can't simply start fresh, even if he makes another 10 year plan. At best he would wander around like Kagami.
Dec 19, 2014 4:46 PM

Nov 2007
Ah,the end. This series become one of my absolutely fave this season and i was impatiently expecting new ep.every week. It also made me cry and laugh,so the score from me is pretty nice...;)
The only downside was,that is was bit rushed and had some cliché stuff etc. but i can live with it.

As for the last ep. I am kinda disappointed Shirasu didn't have any secret masterplan for the greater good and some nice excuses...or something like...me and Tenka planned this since forever...i had to fool my bro etc. And everything would get resolved and then they would be happy family again........oh well. I am going to pretend Shirasu is alive and well though. Did you show me his dead body?no,you didn't *denial ftw*
I am also disappointed Kagami and Chuutaro didn't get married yet but i guess that can wait for when Chuutaro is older *cough* *adds more denial about their ages*
And the fight with Orochi was kinda lame but IDRC.

I am glad Botan and Hirari finally got their happy ending. And that pretty much everyone is quite well. I like angst but i also like sappy happy endings (but Shirasuuuuu).

Anyway,i know Donten ni Warau since there was the collab manga with Peacemaker Kurogane (of which i am a big fan) and i always planned to read it but somehow never got around to actually do it. I better fix it now. Oh,and i hope someone license the manga in the US because i would like to buy English version (but if not,i will just get the German one).
Dec 19, 2014 4:59 PM

Apr 2014
AND HERE COMES THE FINALE!

Oh Takeda. In the end you want to be a hero too. Didn't expect him to defeat the Orochi along with Soramaru and Chutaro. XD Applause for him.

But wait. Takeda was not the only one who wants to be a hero. Everyone wants to, and I mean everyone. The villagers have some balls to fight the Fuma ninjas. These people are awesome!

And let's not forget Kagami. Turns out he is not a bad guy after all. He's turning over a new leaf. Too bad he didn't attend the sakura viewing but that will be just too awkward XD

Even though Shirasu turned out to be a sneaky, sexy villain, I feel sad that he disappeared like that. He's like my second favorite character in the show. At least make up with the Kumoh family properly, you jerk! T-T

This ending is so heartwarming and beautiful. Just beautiful.

I love how this series made me cry, laugh, and scream. The plot twists and the feels this show gives to the audience are enjoyable. I give this show a 10/10! :D
Solcast59Dec 19, 2014 5:03 PM
Dec 19, 2014 5:32 PM

Jan 2012
How were the townspeople able to fight against trained assassins?
Other than that and the fact that this episode felt pretty rushed, I enjoyed the episode. One thing I wished happened though was that there was more Nishiki.

I'm glad I picked up this seires though, it was an enjoyable watch.
Dec 19, 2014 6:18 PM

Sep 2013
great ending i don't mind the changes at all

shirasu's brother said that as long as he lived the fuma would continue and there he gave tenka his answer by committing suicide T^T

Dec 19, 2014 6:55 PM

Jul 2014
Great ending. Glad the fight with Orochi end fast, drag too long just go to " shounen fight logic". 9/10
Dec 19, 2014 7:42 PM

Jul 2012
Really satisfying anime. This show took a while to get really good. I'm glad I stayed with it! The adaptation felt a bit rushed (from an anime-only point of view) but I could still follow along with it, which is good. The ending got a few tears out of me. 7/10

Really solid voice cast, art style, MUSIC (this is the best part actually) and plot. Will check out the manga for sure.
Dec 19, 2014 8:35 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Started crying at the end, so beautiful. Especially the part where Soramaru tells Tenka, "thanks for loving us, and thanks for letting us love you." It felt like that was said with Shirasu in mind.

Despite it feeling rushed since 29 monthly chapters --> 12 episodes, it was still really fun (and sad) to watch. Was definitely a tear-jerker. I would recommend people who liked the series to also read the manga to get the full experience ^^
Dec 19, 2014 9:18 PM

Jun 2011
as someone who read the manga, i think it was a little rushed. But overall, I still like this adaptation.

I really need more NishikiXSoramaru <3
Dec 19, 2014 9:36 PM

Mar 2013
Happy ending for such a beautiful show... well deserved.
Dec 20, 2014 12:31 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Pretty awesome finale this was, I really liked how everything played out

Overall I'm giving this series an 8/10, would have been higher if not.for Tenma being alive but oh well. It's still the underdog of the season for me
Dec 20, 2014 8:11 AM

Dec 2009
7/10
Dec 20, 2014 9:08 AM
Sep 2009
Well I'm not sure if Shirasu died because I haven't seen him actually die he just jumped and disappeared out of their sight , ninja's are supposed to be good at that.
Dec 20, 2014 9:12 AM

Sep 2014
Can't believe it's over! Donten ni Warau is one of the few shows I look forward to every week. As an anime-only viewer, the episode was a bit rushed. That said, I'm happy that there was resolution to all of the characters. There are not many 12-episode series out there that feels complete so kudos to the producers.

I'll definitely read the manga since I enjoyed the series so much. 8/10 :)

[/center]
Dec 20, 2014 11:49 AM

Jan 2014
So many great and surprising things happened in this anime, it was really "laughing under the clouds".
This last episode was really good and the reunion was exactly as warm as i could expect it to be.

8/10
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Donten ni Warau Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2014

73 by LeonhartAugust »»
Nov 1, 2023 7:33 PM

Poll: » Donten ni Warau Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2014

52 by OberonFelsach »»
Sep 12, 2023 6:00 AM

» Is it worth watching?

Deskachan - Dec 16, 2014

12 by Barry_Allen_14 »»
Feb 9, 2022 12:47 AM

Poll: » Donten ni Warau Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2014

46 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 1, 2021 12:02 PM

Poll: » Donten ni Warau Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2014

87 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 1, 2021 11:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.