Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 20, 2014 2:24 PM

Apr 2014
How terrible was that running on the spot? Yeah, not a lot explained very well. But a big set up for a possible second season... or a push to read the manga. I got that there was a team which betrayed everyone, but was I supposed to know who Rahab is? I seem to recall that name in the OVA as well.

I'll give it a 5, in that it was terrible and I loved it.
Dec 20, 2014 5:49 PM

Sep 2013
That was a freaking massive cliffhanger, i hope there is a second season. Also everyone should go read the manga, it's amazing.
Dec 20, 2014 6:17 PM

Aug 2013
Last episode with many battles, but I found a development well fast of them

I also think that the plot was not very clear to anyone who does not follow the manga, many information were passed at once, but generally it was a good episode

The anime in sum was very jumbled by censorship at the beginning and the plot has fallen short of the quality that the manga has, but it was still a good adaptation, but recommend the manga that is much better ..
Dec 20, 2014 7:33 PM

Dec 2013
Wow this show was bad. Meh characters, non-existant storyline, mediocre fights. It felt like almost every episode was simply killing a bunch of roaches!

4/10
Dec 20, 2014 8:07 PM

Jun 2013
Dec 20, 2014 11:29 PM

Aug 2008
Season 2 when? Which chapter where the anime stop?
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Dec 21, 2014 12:55 AM
Jul 2011
Series really picked up steam during Adolf arc and onward, some things came together in the finale. Get the same feeling watch this as I did with Gantz, just good fun with a nonsense backdrop for a story. A 2nd season doesn't seem so far-fetch for this series. Just a matter of patience, I look forward to it.
Dec 21, 2014 1:35 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
The directing of the action scenes in this episode was so messy. At times I'm just like wtf even happened. Felt like they were trying to speed up the action so they could put as much as they want.

So they went for the cliffhanger route. If I hadn't read the manga I would certainly do so now because wow, what a place to end at. The Chinese. It's always the Chinese. I would be up for a season two if that ever happens because there's another character that I really like due to his back story, just like how Adolf was awesome because we all feel for him.

Zapredon said:
Which chapter where the anime stop?

Just checked and I would say chapter 53-ish. They rushed this last episode and switched some things around I think.
tingyDec 21, 2014 1:44 AM
Dec 21, 2014 3:13 AM

Mar 2014
It's not too bad but I think it can be better
Dec 21, 2014 3:15 AM
Oct 2012
not bad though i like the manga much more.
the side effect of it rather bad.
been waiting the next chap like forever
Dec 21, 2014 4:05 AM
Apr 2014
hmm that end smells like another season. I really hope there will be a sequel :( I not only just want more but they also can't end it like this. It would be ridiculous.
Dec 21, 2014 10:32 AM

Jan 2014
It was a fun show. Plus we learned about some insects from the narrator.
Lots of nice elements, but it just didn't work for me as a whole. Too bad.
Dec 21, 2014 11:56 AM
Jul 2018
Pretty exciting last episode. I guess there's not a single doubt this was left open for a second season but let's see if they actually do it...I hope so.
As many have said this was not a great show but it was cool an entertaining.
I would definitly watch a second season. :)
Final score: 6/10
Dec 21, 2014 12:50 PM
May 2011
I had hopes for this anime but it turned into a boring comedy.
underdeveloped characters getting a half-assed back-story before being killed off, in an episodic-like storyline with mediocre action scenes. A narrative voice explaining science stuff, killing off moments of tention and excitement. And who can forget the laughable censorship?The only worthy mention here is Adolf.
Sorry not sorry.... but really.

I'm totally okay if you liked this anime but you have to be ignorant if you disagree that this anime was incredibly poorly executed, which made it into crap. *sigh*

Besides, the president is called "goodman". lol
MarkusEADec 21, 2014 1:11 PM

Insanity lives deep within ourselves
Dec 21, 2014 12:59 PM

Jun 2014
MarkusEA said:
underdeveloped characters getting a half-assed back-story before being killed off, in an episodic-like storyline with mediocre action scenes. A narrative voice explaining science stuff, killing off moments of tention and excitement. And who can forget the laughable censorship?The only worthy mention here is Adolf.

I'm totally okay if you liked this anime but you have to be ignorant if you disagree that this anime was incredibly poorly executed, which made it into crap. *sigh*

Jeez, people are still getting butthurt over the censoring? It all but stopped at episode 3 lmfao.
La familia es todo.
Dec 21, 2014 1:12 PM
May 2011
TheCheeseEater said:
MarkusEA said:

Jeez, people are still getting butthurt over the censoring? It all but stopped at episode 3 lmfao.

No I'm not butthurt, i thought it was sad, but pretty funny xD On nyaa, someone in the download section posted a picture when a squad got censored. He drew smiley-faces on them.

Insanity lives deep within ourselves
Dec 21, 2014 2:02 PM

Feb 2008
I never thought I would say this (in the case of this series), but the final episode was far too action packed. The plot was rather hard to follow.

Fine, I guess. Still, I do hop there will be another season.
Dec 22, 2014 12:25 AM

Oct 2011
Phew I thought they weren't gonna get any help back home.

I though the Chinese team died???

Cliffhanger !!!!!!

SEASON 2 PLEASE
Dec 22, 2014 6:36 AM

Aug 2014
If this doesn't have a sequel I will be very dissapointed. Till know we get pretty much no story, just fighting.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Dec 22, 2014 7:57 AM

Dec 2012
Rather erratic pacing, I don't really like the story telling but I can see how it would've worked. I enjoyed it nonetheless.
8/10 purely cuz I enjoyed watching it.
Dec 22, 2014 1:50 PM

Mar 2011
Eh it was ok. I actually preferred the beginning, the premise was really cool and interesting but then it got into the characters. But it never made me actually care about any of them, I found them all rather forgettable in the end it just got kind of boring.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Dec 22, 2014 5:46 PM

Jun 2013
were the last episodes censored?
Dec 22, 2014 8:49 PM

Dec 2013
The problem I had with this series is the characters dying without much back story. Their death has little to no effect on me. Despite saying that I know I can't expect much for a 1-cour. Although Adolf character was handled quite well.

Great OP/ED though.

overall 5/10
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Dec 24, 2014 3:26 PM

Mar 2013
Sad, started out nicely and ended up being complete shit. I hope they fix it in the 2nd season with more story and less useless fighting...
Dec 26, 2014 2:39 PM

Apr 2013
That didn't seem like an ending at all. I went to download it today and was like saw 13 labeled as END.

Really? I was just starting to warm up to this show (after not liking it and almost dropping it by episode 3)
Dec 27, 2014 3:11 AM

Jun 2014
So finally caught up and finished the season. I have to say that I had high expectations for this anime and it wasn't as great as it could have been.

I felt that the whole season was an introduction to the main characters from each country with a bit of a storyline thrown in to tie it all together. I thought Adolfs arc was the best!

I really hope that they do a second season to this as I felt the second half of the season was where it started to pick up. Plus, those damn Chinese at the end being the betrayers makes me want to know more about what their deal is! Also, knowing that their is someone back on Earth that isn't going to abandon the survivors is definitely worth getting a second season for!

All in all, this was a decent anime! 7/10!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Dec 27, 2014 6:58 AM

May 2013
Loved it, extremely violent :D
Dec 27, 2014 7:54 PM

Mar 2012
The JOHJ empire's not looking too good.

I don't care what anybody I really enjoyed it. Guess I'll read the manga or wait for a new season.
Dec 29, 2014 7:07 AM

Sep 2011
It was a stupid and over the top anime, but it was a decent watch.
Dec 29, 2014 8:38 AM

Oct 2008
amateur said:
Rumble_Shift said:
I need to read the manga. Where should I start ??

You start at Gantz chapter 1.

oh man! you reminded me about that manga Gantz! to be honest i still haven't finished reading that...maybe 3-4 chapters left...haha

anywayz...me thinks there are human traitors helping those roaches and the fat freckles boss will do anything to save them and get them back to earth...and what's-up with the very last part? Is that a spaceship goin' to nowhere???!?

Patiently waiting for a sequel.

Dec 29, 2014 6:31 PM

Dec 2010
Intense finale, I really liked it after all those hopeless 9 episodes or so. 5/10 for me.

Gonna read the manga, as a nigh sequel is unlikely. I kinda need to get to the bottom of the mysteries.
Dec 29, 2014 6:39 PM

May 2012
Quite open ending if you ask me, a bit disappointed because no proper resolve. But other than that it sure was pretty action packed and quite nice! All in all a pretty good anime (action/drama wise)!
Dec 31, 2014 2:21 PM

Mar 2013
The last episode was made by Michael Bay. Explosions!
Dec 31, 2014 9:28 PM
Dec 2014
anybody knows any anime similar to terra formars?

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1330809

this anime is epic.
Jan 3, 2015 5:34 PM

Dec 2013
Great watch especially postseason that the censoring is gone. These 13 episodes were more like an introduction so I'd be really disappointed if there won't be a second season.
Jan 13, 2015 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
Nth anime who wastes the potential he had, not being able to go beyond the surface with respect to the real story, relegating the narrative to a mere container full of fights and things predictable.
Somewhat as poor quality of the drawings and animations of mediocre level.
I hope you do better next season.
My vote is 6/10!
Jan 15, 2015 6:47 AM

Jul 2014
I found this anime interesting. The plot is definitely... well, it was something and I could see potential in it but somehow there's something wrong with how it was executed.

The cliffie ending also didn't really do it for me. I'm sort of curious in what happens afterwards but I don't think I'll watch the next season if there ever will be one. I'm even surprised I managed to watch this anime all the way to the final episode. :p
IvyMar 31, 2016 10:17 PM
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Jan 16, 2015 7:18 AM
May 2012
Well, I think the concept is really interesting, and that the plot have potential......but they didn't do well to use them. Still, fuck me cause it is still a pretty fun watch with all the killings, gore, their powers, and that narrator ahahaha.
I would watch the season 2 if they will make one. I might read the Manga someday. Time to watch the OVAs next. Thank you ^^
Jan 24, 2015 4:37 AM

Sep 2009
So the Chinese are the traitors ? Lel that's Japanese authors for you
Jan 27, 2015 5:04 AM

Jun 2007
I don't know what to think about the show. The action (-early censoreship) was quite nice, but most of the plot was shallow/phoned in/predictable and the general flow was skewed. I would've like to see the stories prio to the fighting and not amidst the action.
Still a 6/10 for what it was, now they just need to announce the second season.
InicharuJan 27, 2015 5:08 AM
Jan 29, 2015 11:11 AM

Feb 2009
Well. That was shit.
Feb 2, 2015 5:20 PM

Dec 2008
Does this ending mean there will be a 2nd season?

Sent with Mal Updater
Feb 21, 2015 1:22 AM
May 2013
2nd season when ?
More gore and kill fest when ?
Only if they kept things simple... no mysterious background plot twist, etc.
Feb 21, 2015 11:12 AM

Aug 2011
SEASON 2, onegaishimasu!!!!! Hyakuu!!
Mar 6, 2015 12:58 PM

Nov 2013
Well I watched this uncensored just to get that out of the way.
Anime reminds me of some Japanese X-men. Not my style of entertainment, I hate when there are too many overpowered characters.
The actual plot was hit and miss, there were some good episode and some really boring ones (surprisingly enough the flashback episodes were more fun to watch than the pointless action). Speaking of flashbacks, it's a poor way to develop characters (showing their past selves instead of developing them as a series goes on).
Animation was good. This season was pretty much the "introduction" to the characters (not even all of them) and the universe.
Overall pretty mediocre but not too bad. With the censoring it would be even worse though.
Mar 8, 2015 8:50 AM
Oct 2007
Woah. I almost gave this semi-high production a skip due to the negative reviews and average score but I must say that I am glad that I picked this up. Terra Formars at least put all the Marvel animes to shame. I have enjoyed the wild ride myself and definitely would love to see a second season, might consider reading the manga too.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 11, 2015 12:42 PM

Jun 2013
I enjoyed it. Character designs and art were great. Story was lacking and so were the main characters especially Akari with his generic personality. They could have also make the roaches look more believable. Apart from that everything was pretty good especially Adolf's character. It was disappointing when he died. I really hope they make season 2 but I highly doubt it. Overall 7/10.
Apr 9, 2015 2:22 PM

Jan 2012
everything after adolf was crap.. starting with boxing dude

first half was epic as fuck with all the gruesome and unexpected deaths

could use a bit more fan service and plot development though.

dragged out shit about each characters way too long, although adolf was an exception

8/10 first half, 6/10 second half

7/10 overall

oh ya.. nice to see the cockroach leader got pwn by #1 ranked dude as well
Apr 9, 2015 3:24 PM

Oct 2014
flaxman85 said:
everything after adolf was crap.. starting with boxing dude

first half was epic as fuck with all the gruesome and unexpected deaths

could use a bit more fan service and plot development though.

dragged out shit about each characters way too long, although adolf was an exception

8/10 first half, 6/10 second half

7/10 overall

oh ya.. nice to see the cockroach leader got pwn by #1 ranked dude as well

Try the manga.
Apr 25, 2015 5:46 PM
Sep 2014
Interesting show, brutal and quite emotional in some episodes. It was good to see characters background and they did really good job with that but 13 episodes of fighting with not real story, meh.
It was entertaining but thats about it, im looking forward to season 2 though.
NarcoJun 24, 2015 1:31 PM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2014

348 by JVskunkape »»
Yesterday, 2:59 AM

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2014

73 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 29, 10:02 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2014

54 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 29, 9:24 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2014

88 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 29, 8:46 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2014

112 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 29, 8:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.