Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 19, 2015 6:13 AM
Dec 2009
Interesting that the show ended with ohanami cherry blossom viewing. Fun to see the gang picnicking together. However this episode didn't really feel like a finale to me, not sure why. Would have liked some more closure but I know that was probably too much to expect from this show, haha.

Not a favorite of mine, but I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys casual comedy like this!
May 6, 2016 2:27 AM

Feb 2016
i wish there were more episodes , 12 episodes isn't enough . Oh well 7/10
"This is my father's crime against me, which I myself committed against none" Al-ma'arri
Aug 28, 2016 3:26 AM

Jun 2014
This was a great show. Seriously underrated series. Solid comedy, this gave me Genshiken vibes all the way, which isn't a bad thing. The love polygon was fun for once and it led to some absolutely hilarious moments. This show was hilarious overall, actually.

Solid 8/10
alpha_shadowSep 19, 2016 11:44 AM
:3
Oct 17, 2016 5:33 PM

Jul 2013
10/10 Seriously, this show was brilliant, even for just Schrodinger's Panties alone. They reached that high point, didn't screw up, and kept me completely engaged. Not with plot. Not with ecchi. But with comedy and... something else I can't quite put my finger on.

The show was perverted in a way that wasn't lewd. It was a show about a manga store. A show about romance. And a show about nothing. And that's a good thing. This is exactly the kind of stark contrast any medium needs to intensely serious shows. Shows that do drama and comedy are completely run of the mill for anime these days, and why so many anime are mediocre lately. This anime somehow found the exact right balance.

Not everybody will like it. We all have different tastes and senses of humor. But for me this was a comedy masterpiece. I honestly can't find anything about the show to knock it down a point. There are other anime I consider masterpieces that are a lot more flawed than this.

Oddly enough, I selected this randomly from my plan to watch list. I had no idea what I was really getting into. This wasn't an anime I was hyped about whatsoever. I knew nothing about it. And I am stunned by how good it was. I feel like it's going to be a very long time before I see something else this good.
Omne Solum Forti Patria
Aug 18, 2017 7:06 AM

Jul 2017
I kinda want more. I like the thought of a manga/doujin shop environment.
Oct 8, 2017 3:55 PM
Jun 2014
Rachmaninow said:
At the end it turned into too much of a soap opera with all that relationship drama but somehow still managed to create some funny moments. For example episode 11 I enjoyed more than the love antics of the Director and Hio-tan. I might check out the manga though.

It's always weird when they turn relationship stuff into the driving force of an anime/manga and won't even set sail to the ships.
Mar 30, 2019 4:59 AM
Mar 2019
Why TF IS THIS SO SHORT... By the way best anime i ever watched
Apr 17, 2019 12:47 AM

May 2018
Wow, there are many surprises in this anime, especially if you aren't the manga reader.

Tsumorin is Kantoku's ex ? Well, maybe there is a sign before, but still surprising. Sommelier and Ero lover is actually a childhood friend ? Now that's big surprise. And even we just know in the last episode that the guy who said thanks on the credit ED is actually umanohone's manager.

As for the love ship, I actually don't have expectation at all. This is Slice of Life comedy, not rom-com, so romance isn't a focus here. But I want KantokuxHiotan and UmioxSensei ship to be real. As for Sommelier, I'm doubt to support him with Fugaru, because he is very fit with Ero Lover.

Overall, 8/10 is enough
May 21, 2019 3:56 PM
Mar 2018
Was a bit of a meh ending. No closure to the romance, they added some filler character that was probably left out until now from the manga and after a long end-credit sequence we get a weird pervy comedy-segment with also only unseen characters...
Jun 29, 2019 12:52 PM
Jul 2018
Anime has a couple weak starter episodes since i did not read the manga and got shoved too much of the stuffs that felt irrelevant, only felt like it got better once i established the personality with the characters.

Overall loving the art, romance chemistry and deary jokes. And the unexpected are real comedy.
Mar 29, 2020 12:22 PM

Sep 2018
The discourse on Kameko reopens once again, but it seems to find no outlet, in the sense that she finds no place of a sentimental nature. The narration is very amusing both in the initial part, thanks to Umio, and to Tsumorin in the second part. At the level of inter-personal relationships there are no substantial steps forward and I am a bit sorry, since years later even this anime series has not seen a sequel, what a sadness! As for the opening and the ending, I liked them immediately, the rest of the soundtrack was catchy too.

7/10.
Apr 24, 2020 7:06 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Overall a fun series. I especially enjoy when they're based in Akihabara and embrace Anime/Manga/Game culture. The comedy was pretty consistent and the references were plenty.

I personally believe the romance part hindered the show more than it helped it. Usually the romance parts were a slog to get through, which unfortunately the show became more and more romance based as it went on. Making the last few episodes a little boring.

Regardless, I had fun. It was a memorable workplace show. Kameko deserves her happy ending, that's for sure. 7/10
Mar 18, 2021 10:50 AM
Apr 2013
Characters are cosplaying their Seiyuu's other characters on another anime.

Kantoku (Matsuoka Yoshitsugu) cosplays Kirigaya Kazuto from SAO
Hio-tan (Takamori Natsumi) cosplays Sakimori Saki from Acchi Kocchi
Umio (Ohsaka Ryouta) cosplays Maou Sadao from Hataraku Maou Sama
Sensei-chan (Tsuda Minami) cosplays Funami Yui from Yuru Yuri
Fu-girl (Taketatsu Ayana) cosplays Azusa Nakano from K-ON
Sommelier (Tomita, Takahiro) cosplays Brooke Darwin from Outbreak Company
Kameko (Aizawa Mai) cosplays Naganohara Mio from Nichijou
Tsumori (Satou, Satomi) Haruka cosplays Chiya Ujimatsu from Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?
Erohon G-Men (Kobayashi, Yuu) cosplays Misaki Hijiri from Saint October
Aug 20, 2022 4:08 PM

Jul 2016
Well... that was that. Barely funny and to be honest, most of the loli jokes and sexual innuendos were lowkey disgusting.

4/10 - Practically a more perverted version of Working.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Denki-gai no Honya-san Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2014

79 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 12, 2023 8:42 AM

Poll: » Denki-gai no Honya-san Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2014

118 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 12, 2023 8:35 AM

Poll: » Denki-gai no Honya-san Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2014

57 by wherewolf »»
Sep 5, 2022 4:04 AM

Poll: » Denki-gai no Honya-san Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

69 by SouthRzVa »»
Aug 19, 2022 10:51 PM

Poll: » Denki-gai no Honya-san Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2014

65 by SouthRzVa »»
Aug 15, 2022 9:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.