Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (28) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Dec 14, 2014 10:41 AM
Feb 2014
Been watching this show since the day it was released. can't believe it's been 24 weeks. I'm going to miss watching this show during my sundays! :(
Dec 14, 2014 10:42 AM
Apr 2014
I am probably the only one here who actually liked it...
Aug 2013
derprume said:
An interesting fight indeed. Although Esdeath's exit was a bit corny lmao. I just noticed that the emperor has Asuna's hairstyle xD

One dictatorship falls, another rises.

Did he since he was such a dic in the show

Apr 2013
first of all. THAT IS HOW YOU KILL LEONE ARE YOU SERIOUS? the series should get a god damn 1/10 for that shit.

i guess it was a conclusive ending to the story so there is that. fight between akame and esdeath was pretty good. so tatsumi cannot even be buried next to mine lol...

anyway the series....

- from the beginning the series had a major problem with the tone it was trying to set and just comes of as "look how edgy this series is"

- comedic elements where horribly placed which thankfully got a bit better in later episodes

- the whole concept of no one is safe just does not work if no character is getting proper development, deaths were very predictable.

- the circumstances of sheele's death deserve its own minus point

- sub par writing that took even more of a nose dive when the anime decided to go for an original ending

- WTF IS UP WITH THAT LEONA DEATH. "shit we forgot she is still alive quick find a way to kill her"

+ for the most part the series had pretty well animated fights

+ after it had gone downhill it just embraced the stupidity in episode 23

+ world setting itself was interesting

+ some great character designs

super generous 5.5 because it is a shonen and the fights were entertaining for the most part but man the series has problems
xSanoxDec 14, 2014 10:48 AM

Dec 2013
pokeguy123 said:
robis798 said:

I gave it a 3. Depends on what are you comparing it with.

Well comparing it with other pure battle anime alot of them since I can't list them all

Well I watch a lot of anime, not only battle shonen. Maybe it's not that bad compared to other battle shonen, but if compared overall - 3/10. At best.
Dec 14, 2014 10:43 AM
Aug 2013
arpergekid21 said:

I am with U bro

Mar 2013
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Aug 2013
za21 said:
Why did Leone have to die? Nothing comes out of it. That was the most contrived death I've seen in a while. That ring was pulled out of the PM's ass. That is something pretty big to have in your possession only to whip it out at the last minute.

Cause has stated before the cast loves killing off characters
Dec 14, 2014 10:44 AM
Jul 2018
pokeguy123 said:
arpergekid21 said:

I am with U bro

I am not very fond of the show,but I thibk it is fine if someone else enjoyed it.
Dec 14, 2014 10:45 AM
Aug 2013
robis798 said:
pokeguy123 said:

Well comparing it with other pure battle anime alot of them since I can't list them all

Well I watch a lot of anime, not only battle shonen. Maybe it's not that bad compared to other battle shonen, but if compared overall - 3/10. At best.

Guess I am turning a blinds eye to the series
Dec 14, 2014 10:46 AM

Jun 2014
6/10 for me.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Oct 2014
Leone's death was incredibly pointless, but the ending was great to a few characters at least.

bastek66 said:

The feels ;w;

Jul 2014
Wave didn't die 10/10

Oct 2014
Even for a battle shounen

The last 5 episodes were too sloopy
Dec 14, 2014 10:47 AM

Aug 2014
Well this has been a fun little trainwreck.
Dec 14, 2014 10:47 AM
Jan 2014
Glad that it's over.

The character designs were very bland, representing the lifeless dolls we had for characters. The animation itself was also very average and sometimes choppy. The backgrounds were very decent though. The OST, albeit composed by Iwasaki, felt very unfitting and lifeless. The OP and ED theme songs and their representing sequences were complete garbage. The audio department was overall very bad. Though the emotional tone wasn't even present in the first place anyway. There was a lot of annoying slapstick in first cour. Just add one-dimensional villains to the mix and you've got yourself a nice trainwreck.

4/10 Overall.

Moodie said:
CrashClown said:

cause it's not
lmfao at first it had alot of potential but it just became a shounen manga disguised as a seinen

I was reading the manga before the anime started airing, and I don't think the manga has much worth over this. The AO route was just incredibly rushed and lacked even the subtleties that the manga had. The manga fleshed out the theme and awful characters by just a very small margin. But it was filled with shock factor at that point so it was an even tradeoff. The AO route also had an unbearable amout of asspulls.
ResidentDec 14, 2014 10:52 AM
Dec 14, 2014 10:48 AM

Aug 2012
I don't read the Manga so any changes to the anime mean nothing to me. 8/10 for the series.
Dec 14, 2014 10:49 AM
Aug 2013
Okashi_sama said:
Wave didn't die 10/10

This lol

Apr 2014
been saying after borick arc is recycle bin material (in the manga)

literally everything happened way too fast they were supposed to assassinate more more people work their way up while the rest of the subplots worked out and then raid the castle while the wild hunt and the jaegers fought internally

but then it got rushed and they ignored half the shit thats going on

Jul 2014
I think White Fox took a shit on Tatsumi. Why is he frozen with Esdeath? He never considered being with her and they were never going to be together. He didn't even give it a thought. It's not like they were fated lovers or something. As the main character, that is a shitty way to go. It may be fitting on Esdeath's end, but not on Tatsumi's end.

Jul 2012
xSanox said:

- from the beginning the series had a major problem with the tone it was trying to set and just comes of as "look how edgy this series is"

- comedic elements where horribly placed which thankfully got a bit better in later episodes

- sub par writing that took even more of a nose dive when the anime decided to go for an original ending

- WTF IS UP WITH THAT LEONE DEATH. "shit we forgot she is still alive quick find a way to kill her"

super generous 6 because it is a shonen and the fights were entertaining for the most part

Fixed, but almost exactly, THIS^
Anyway, I would gave this one a 6,75/10 (7/10 on MAL).
It was pretty good imo, even if they killed everybody in this rushed original ending (That wasn't even half as bad as everybody is saying to be here. I'm also saying this as a manga reader). It had it's own charm even after episode 19, and this is also a plus.
Dec 14, 2014 10:51 AM

Nov 2014
I was really hoping to see esdeath vs Tatasumi though, thankgod this blasphemy is finally ended. Thankfully manga is here which is going way better than this crap, The anime is like to hell with all other characters akame all the way.
Dec 14, 2014 10:51 AM
Apr 2014
Danpmss said:
xSanox said:

- WTF IS UP WITH THAT LEONE DEATH. "shit we forgot she is still alive quick find a way to kill her"

super generous 6 because it is a shonen and the fights were entertaining for the most part

Fixed, but almost exactly, THIS^
Anyway, I would gave this one a 6,75/10 (7/10 on MAL).
It was pretty good imo, even if they killed everybody in this rushed original ending (That wasn't even half as bad as everybody is saying to be here. I'm also saying this as a manga reader). It had it's own charm even after episode 19, and this is also a plus.

Soundtrack is good too.

I would add Esdeath as a minus too, but it's personal preference, a 5.5 - 6 for me.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Dec 14, 2014 10:52 AM

Jul 2014
8/10 for me, would've bumped it to a 9 if they didn't kill the majority of Night Raid off. Guess it's time to read the manga even though I don't really like manga as much as anime T_T
Dec 14, 2014 10:53 AM

Apr 2010
I love this series. Cruel, savage, sometimes sickening but I really enjoyed watching this.
Dec 14, 2014 10:53 AM
Jul 2018
if the akame ga kill wasn't based off a manga i would say it would have been the best action anime this whole year but since it is i felt it fell through around the teens still a great anime though i loved the ending and i hope there is a sequel based on akame or something
Dec 14, 2014 10:54 AM
May 2014
First of all, before somebody got hilariously offended, most decent people and I have no problem admitting that below is one's opinion. I've been disliking the last anime original episodes, but I am somehow satisfied with this solid ending :o . The "ghoul" mode can be considered an asspull, but I'd say this AO Esdeath vs. Akame is the best conclusive fight scene with both manga and anime combined (conclusive means the current manga's fight doesn't count). I approve of the survivals of Ran, Wave, and of course

Nice face you got that, prime minister, just when I thought you couldn't get any uglier.

Now the bad things.

Esdeath's conclusion was rather anticlimactic. I don't mind her getting a rather "happy ending", but the studio didn't execute this right and it was simply rushed. A little 10-second flashback with her and Tatsumi would make it more than a little better.

Of course, Leone's death is rather lame and obviously forced (and really, died to the loser PM?). I mean, if she could walk around, climb some wall to talk with Akame, survive to the evening, there's just no reason she wouldn't be able to get treated shortly after she got shot, lol.

And again, Akame's surviving makes much less sense than Leone's death (though nothing can beat the weirdness of Mine's death-from-bruises). I don't care about her powerup, but to be practically unscathed afterwards is just...welp.

Episode 1-18, 9/10 (thanks for carrying this, manga) . Episode 19-23, 5/10. Episode 24, 7/10. Overall: 7/10 or 8/10 (weighted). Point for trying, WhiteFox.
Dec 14, 2014 10:54 AM

May 2012

5 or 6 from me. despite the sorta low score I really really enjoyed this but I don't feel it was anything higher than that.

Dec 14, 2014 10:56 AM
May 2014
Can anyone remind me who the three girls are? Did they also

Sep 2014
Am I the only one who enjoyed the fight with Akame and Esdeath? This was easily the best AO episode compared to the other 4 imo, and the battle seemed very well choreographed.

I originally read spoilers that Akame was going to die as well, and I kinda hoped she would. Trump card or not, it was stated that a single cut will kill even the user of Murasame; unless she truly became a demon. As for Leone's end, it makes sense: The PM's imperial arms is a one-time deal and will deactivate the use of another Teigu, hence why gunshots were able to eventually kill her. As for why she didn't tell anyone about her wounds, I guess Leone intended to die all along. With that said, the PM's death and the ending were somewhat anticlimactic but I'm simply glad that everything is wrapped up now.

I don't know what I'd give the series overall, but this particular episode is probably 4/5.

Nov 2012
6/10 what a shitty ending.
Dec 14, 2014 10:57 AM

May 2012
oneroaddict said:

Ch 23.5

Dec 14, 2014 10:57 AM
Dec 2012
I'm feeling nice so I'll give it 8/10. Though I really hate how they dealt with last 5 episodes.
Dec 14, 2014 10:58 AM

Jan 2011
pokeguy123 said:
Okashi_sama said:
Wave didn't die 10/10

This lol

+1.
Shakespeare probably smiles from the grave watching this. Still, as much as I love non-standart plots, this one went too far for me. It literally spammed both good and bad characters and went on killing them in the next 2-3 episodes. Not really my cup of tea, I guess. I hate it enough when they do it for the bad gyus only (aka Fairy Tail or Bleach), this is even worse.

I think I will give it a 7/10 in the end. It had its moments.
Dec 14, 2014 10:59 AM
Sep 2014
oneroaddict said:

Dec 14, 2014 10:59 AM
Dec 2010
On the end i saw an image with all members of the night ride and seriously who is this guy?

Tatsumi and Brad are in the middle!!

Dec 14, 2014 11:00 AM

Dec 2013
I guess 80% of the budget was spent on this last fight. The animation was great.
The result was predictable but still it's nice to see Akame being the main character for once and useful.
lolz, br00tal:

AHAHAHHA LEONE'S DEATH XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Lol, everyone was predicting Najenda to die at 40-ish chapter and she's one of the 2 alive. trelled

The episode was not bad but the anime was shitto. Seriously, generic shounens are deeper than this. Revolutionary army fighting the government for fucking 24 episodes, killing themselves in the process.
This is like Basilisk with the exception it's a poor copy. And of course on MAL it's rated higher than Basilisk xDD
3.5/5 for the ep, 4/10 for animu.
And it was so promising in the begininng..
Dec 14, 2014 11:01 AM

May 2012
matrixxp7 said:

Incursio's a bro too

Dec 14, 2014 11:02 AM

Aug 2012
Rushed as fuck at the end. Deaths happened so quickly toward the end that nobody has time to feel anything. Almost every character is set in stone with no opportunity to grow and question their motives and actions. Trump cards are pulled out the ass.

Good action though.

5/10
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Dec 14, 2014 11:02 AM

Apr 2014
7 for me.
I would have gave it 8 if it chose to stay on its manga routes.
Anyway the ending is better than I've expected and I hope the manga doesn't go along this path.(Fuck Tatsumi needs to live with Akame)

Dec 14, 2014 11:03 AM
Aug 2013
matrixxp7 said:
On the end i saw an image with all members of the night ride and seriously who is this guy?

Did not notice that at all:o
Possibly t manifested itself into life
Dec 2014
What's with the hate for this show? And what's with the hate for the last episode.
Imo this was (one of) the best episodes of the entire series.

It feels like it's just somthing similar to Sword Art Online-hate-type. The hate for the mainstream animes...I guess :?

Jul 2014
This was the best possible ending for the anime original show and that's of course just my opinion.. Of course I wanted Tatsumi to survive and other characters. Akame vs Esdeath was awesome.. Loved Leone on this episode. She was just smiling even if she knew that she is going to die, that's why I loved Leone (easily likeable character). Akame was so badass on this episode (I was hoping in my mind that Akame and Tatsumi would have ended up together). I'm going to miss Akame and many other characters. So many emotional and epic moments and that's why I loved this show. Oh and the soundtrack is awesome, I need to get it as soon as it's available.

Good bye Akame Ga Kill, you will be missed.

Apr 2014
matrixxp7 said:

No fucking idea lol that made me laugh.

Oct 2014
HazukashiiDesu said:
I guess 80% of the budget was spent on this last fight. The animation was great.

Were you watching the same ep?
Animation was shit.
Aug 2013
HazukashiiDesu said:
The result was predictable but still it's nice to see Akame being the main character for once and useful.
lolz, br00tal:

AHAHAHHA LEONE'S DEATH XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Lol, everyone was predicting Najenda to die at 40-ish chapter and she's one of the 2 alive. trelled

The episode was not bad but the anime was shitto. Seriously, generic shounens are deeper than this. Revolutionary army fighting the government for fucking 24 episodes, killing themselves in the process.
This is like Basilisk with the exception it's a poor copy. And of course on MAL it's rated higher than Basilisk xDD
3.5/5 for the ep, 4/10 for animu.
And it was so promising in the begininng..

Every 1 should just read the manga
Dec 14, 2014 11:04 AM
Aug 2013
koinzell-ub said:
What's with the hate for this show? And what's with the hate for the last episode.

It feels like it's just somthing similar to Sword Art Online-hate-type. The hate for the mainstream animes...I guess :?

Welcome to the club
Dec 14, 2014 11:05 AM

Dec 2013
koinzell-ub said:

Idk either, the ep was ok.

pokeguy123 said:

Every 1 should just read the manga

I do read the manga. It's not much better.
Sep 2014
matrixxp7 said:

http://matrixxp7.republika.pl/Akame.png

Maybe if there's ever going to be a season 2, its going to be about another guy wearing Incursio.
Aug 2013
HazukashiiDesu said:
koinzell-ub said:

Idk either, the ep was ok.

SAO all over again
Pages (28) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2014

1209 by Ratris_Decision »»
May 2, 1:31 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2014

282 by Cammell »»
Apr 18, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2014

981 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 11:02 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2014

471 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Uff...those continuous deaths

S1H2A3N - Mar 17

1 by 7Hunna_Jahmir »»
Mar 26, 2:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.