Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 13, 2014 10:31 AM

Jun 2014
The last few episodes have been so goddamn good, so touchin n stuff.

Just one more, I cant wait.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 13, 2014 10:37 AM

Jan 2009
Yuuki asking asuna to marry her was so hawt

8/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Dec 13, 2014 10:52 AM

Sep 2014
Asuna finally figured out to stop pretending and just take action. As Yuuki said just say whats on your mind and if they hate you they hate you :). Very touching episode. I can relate to the whole situation of someone being happy for me being happy.

I love how they mixed in some jokes with all the feelings. Asuna and her mother calling each other heavy was pretty funny. You need to be the wife or my name will be Yuuki Yuuki best line ever lol.
Bomb2chestDec 13, 2014 11:03 AM
Dec 13, 2014 10:57 AM

Jun 2014
dam bro she 15
Dec 13, 2014 11:00 AM
Apr 2014
uzee said:
The title of the next episode confused me a bit as the arc ended and I thought the last episode would be the start of the new World
but I guess most of the episode will be still from this arc and the last 5mins of the episode will be from the new arc. I'm sure the anime will end with the scene of

The arc is not over... not yet...

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Dec 13, 2014 11:10 AM

Nov 2014
I liked the episode, it was nice.
Finally Asuna's mom opened up
Hi there
Dec 13, 2014 11:10 AM
May 2014
Now that's how you get your things going with your parents, Asuna. Asuna kept looking weak, indecisive, unmotivated, and, honestly, immature in real life in front of her parents, so of course her mom had to straighten things up for her. Honestly, her mom was so damn easy to sway. She's soft as pudding inside but wanted to look headstrong just for her daughter. I loved how she commented about Asuna's weight - I can't help but thinking she's saying "SEE, I FEED YOU SO WELL ON THE OTHER SIDE, HEHEHE <333". Anyway, glad that the family drama is over without much annoyance.

Eh I don't mind Yuuki Yuuki :)

Pretty light episode, we'll see how things go next week.
Dec 13, 2014 11:11 AM

Nov 2013
chakracat said:
I laughed when she carried AIDS-chan on her shoulder as a cam.

That's just mean...
Dec 13, 2014 11:17 AM

Sep 2014
DarkWiiPlayer said:
chakracat said:
I laughed when she carried AIDS-chan on her shoulder as a cam.

That's just mean...

Nothing new for the internet. Not sure what joy they get from comments like that.
Dec 13, 2014 11:18 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode. I get the feeling episode 24 will be a big hit to the feels. 9/10 for me.
Dec 13, 2014 11:37 AM

Oct 2013
Lame and boring.

Dec 13, 2014 11:37 AM

Jul 2013
thank you yuuki my ass, it's thank you lord kirito.

While Other anime is waiting for season confirmation and Some even didn't know if there will be another season of it although the series is just a half (not even half) of the story and a damn cliffhanger.. Here sword art online company announced that there will be the third season of SAO

but oh well it was a good episode, too bad its too side tracked.
Dec 13, 2014 11:43 AM

Jun 2012
Just so many awkward scenes throughout the whole series and season has had even more.
Dec 13, 2014 12:07 PM
Mar 2013
Well, I can honestly say that I liked this a lot more than the previous episode. It was still manipulative has Hell at various part, but I can say that it actually was enjoyable.

I especially liked the stuff with Asuna's mom towards the end. While Asuna's argument made absolutely no sense onto why it should affect her mom, just the way that it was set up just made it work. I just kinda wish that they didn't make her mother look like a complete tyrant this entire arc. Yes, she's strict, but she does it in a sense of love, and the show just expresses it like she lives to see Asuna suffer.

All in all, it was a good episode. It's not great, but it's certainly better than last week.
Dec 13, 2014 12:14 PM
Nov 2013
Pretty calm episode, lots of emotional moments. It made me happy that Asuna carried Yuuki around via cam and took her to her old house. The virtual world scene wth Asuna and her mom was really beautiful, I don't hate her mom anymore. Last episode next week, I already predict seething insanely sad is going to happen.
Dec 13, 2014 12:15 PM

Jun 2013
This is probably the first episode that I realized how amazing the ending song was... Anyone have a date on when the ending song will be released?

A good development arc for Asuna, but it just feels like it's arc after arc, so I can't help but feel a whole arc meant for Asuna's development feels out of place when it should be throughout the show as a whole. There isn't a sense of coherence when each arc it's like, "let's focus on these two/three characters and sort of shut out everyone else."

Nonetheless, I'm actually really happy with this season of SAO since the pacing's perfect and it's more character-driven, but it doesn't go beyond being a faithful adaptation.
Dec 13, 2014 12:25 PM

Sep 2014
tummer said:
Well, I can honestly say that I liked this a lot more than the previous episode. It was still manipulative has Hell at various part, but I can say that it actually was enjoyable.

I especially liked the stuff with Asuna's mom towards the end. While Asuna's argument made absolutely no sense onto why it should affect her mom, just the way that it was set up just made it work. I just kinda wish that they didn't make her mother look like a complete tyrant this entire arc. Yes, she's strict, but she does it in a sense of love, and the show just expresses it like she lives to see Asuna suffer.

All in all, it was a good episode. It's not great, but it's certainly better than last week.

I thought Asuna's argument made sense. Her mother gave off hints that she didn't really respect her parents because they weren't successful etc. All this time her parents were happy their daughter made it in life. I imagine Asuna's mother didn't even visit/talk to her parents much later in life. Even so her parents told Asuna that she always had a place to come to.

Asuna learned that people can live happy knowing the ones around them are happy. This showed Asuna has matured a little imo and had a sense of direction she wants to take in life. Asuna wants to support and make people happy which in return will make herself happy. Asuna's mother saw she has taken a small step into a life path(basically deciding on a sense of direction she wants to take in life). At least that's how I see it.
Dec 13, 2014 12:29 PM
Apr 2014
pakoko said:
This is probably the first episode that I realized how amazing the ending song was... Anyone have a date on when the ending song will be released?

It's already out, you can find it on the internerdz~ also, the full version hits hard the feels.

Dec 13, 2014 12:41 PM

Jul 2010
I think this episode is just too overacted.
yeo
Dec 13, 2014 12:44 PM

Jun 2013
Reyxe said:
It's already out, you can find it on the internerdz~ also, the full version hits hard the feels.

You're quite right. I always assume it's not out when it's not on youtube, but I guess it was already removed long time ago. Sanks mang!
Dec 13, 2014 12:47 PM

Jul 2007
seraphzero said:
uzee said:
The title of the next episode confused me a bit as the arc ended and I thought the last episode would be the start of the new World
but I guess most of the episode will be still from this arc and the last 5mins of the episode will be from the new arc. I'm sure the anime will end with the scene of

Arc's not over yet and they won't end this season with that scene. If they were planning on doing that, they would have ended this episode with

While this is not a place for it, its pretty likely they will
Dec 13, 2014 12:56 PM
Dec 2014
It was nice to know more about Yuuki and see the problems of Asuna be solved.
I look forward to next week episode, because i do not read the manga.
Dec 13, 2014 1:25 PM

Jul 2012
WesCoP said:
It was nice to know more about Yuuki and see the problems of Asuna be solved.
I look forward to next week episode, because i do not read the manga.

It's a novel, tho haha
Dec 13, 2014 1:25 PM

Jun 2014
this was a fantastic episode, exactly how i remember it from the LN. However...this is as far as i got...
the next episode is gonna be all new to me.... We all know whats coming but god damn i don't want it to happen...
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Dec 13, 2014 1:27 PM
Feb 2014
little asuna was the most ADORABLE thing I've ever seen!
Dec 13, 2014 1:28 PM

May 2010
That conclusion is so unrealistic. Yup, I shed a tear, now you don't have transfer!
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Dec 13, 2014 1:35 PM

Jul 2014
Heartwarming episode :') Great to see Asuna come to terms with her mom.
Dec 13, 2014 1:37 PM
Nov 2010
That was a nice episode, I enjoyed some of the conversations.
One more episode left. I wonder what's gonna happen there.
Dec 13, 2014 1:38 PM

Sep 2014
Confucius said:
That conclusion is so unrealistic. Yup, I shed a tear, now you don't have transfer!

Not sure how it was unrealistic. Asuna really had no goal in life until now. She was confused about everything and now she has a sense of direction. Her mother noticed this and I imagine was happy inside. Her mother is still pushing her but not as hard and gave her some leeway.
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Confucius said:

I agree. It was quite underwhelming how relatively 'easy' it was to convince her mother after how much hype this arc has gotten.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 2012
Bomb2chest said:
Confucius said:

Not sure how it was unrealistic. Asuna really had no goal in life until now. She was confused about everything and now she has a sense of direction. Her mother noticed this and I imagine was happy inside. Her mother is still pushing her but not as hard and gave her some leeway.

Same thoughts here^
Dec 13, 2014 2:07 PM

Jun 2013
Well its almost over and even if this arc adapted well i think it didn't go well since its almost over the ending will probably suck watched SAO for VR fighting scenes and they pretty non existent.
Dec 13, 2014 2:18 PM

Jul 2014
Oh look a wild Sinon
Dec 13, 2014 2:18 PM

Apr 2014
Feels Art Online II
Dec 13, 2014 2:19 PM

Jan 2013
Aww this was sweet
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Dec 13, 2014 2:19 PM

Jan 2014
<333333333333333

Asuna finallly overcame her weaknesses and decided to make a move, to make a decision she feels is the best and live for what she loves to do.

Make that YUUKI YUUKI happen, please, sounds too cute! <3

Fuck it, next weak last episode. It's going to ruin my Christmas....
Dec 13, 2014 2:24 PM

Sep 2014
Symqn said:
Well its almost over and even if this arc adapted well i think it didn't go well since its almost over the ending will probably suck watched SAO for VR fighting scenes and they pretty non existent.

Well I would drop the show then because that's not what the series is about. Fighting is not the goal of the show at all and only happens when needed.
Dec 13, 2014 2:32 PM
Mar 2012
Lest us be reminded that A-1 intended for this series to become an action anime, thus removing everything that makes it SAO. In the second season, at least they attempted to add in development that is not purely action-driven, but without a foundation, all that will crumble between the anime watcher's fingers.
Dec 13, 2014 2:57 PM

Jan 2014
Oh, also

There are no words to describe THIS, so i'll let ma penis to speak by itself:

Also some, I think we see Yuuki face irl for the first time:

This scene reminds me Madoka Magica so much (Sayaka scene), it somehow gives me shivers. Yuuki once again seeking someone she loves, but cant reach, still smiling tho:
Dec 13, 2014 3:16 PM

Feb 2013
Young Asuna is a cutie. :3

IMO they should attempt mind uploading—what Kayaba did to himself—on terminally ill patients like Yuuki right before they die. I got that it's a risky procedure, but the concept has already been proven, and just needs to be perfected.
Dec 13, 2014 3:24 PM

May 2013
Dat OST. It really helps with the feels. (T_T)

Awesome, Yuuki's using the camera Kirito was developing to see the school.
Lol, Yuuki Yuuki.
So Yuuki is development for Asuna.

Lol at Yuuki and her mom. They're making fun of each other's weight/fat.
Yes Asuna, that's how you convince your mother! Hit her emotionally!
Since the next episode is Mother's Rosario, I think that might be the end of the arc.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Dec 13, 2014 3:43 PM

May 2014
As an anime episode this was OK but, like so many previous episodes, this isn't the Sword Art Online I fell in love with.
Dec 13, 2014 3:45 PM

Feb 2009
Lame!

The second half was so lame.

Where is Asuna from SAO arc? Stong-willed, brave and independent.
And now that, a weak, cowardly little girl, a sad excuse for a person

I wanted at least one NO or something like that, "no mother this is my life".
In the end Asuna didn't win anything, her mother just "allowed" her to continue for now!
Dec 13, 2014 3:50 PM

Jan 2014
Fireego said:
Dat OST. It really helps with the feels. (T_T)

Awesome, Yuuki's using the camera Kirito was developing to see the school.
Lol, Yuuki Yuuki.
So Yuuki is development for Asuna.

Lol at Yuuki and her mom. They're making fun of each other's weight/fat.
Yes Asuna, that's how you convince your mother! Hit her emotionally!
Since the next episode is Mother's Rosario, I think that might be the end of the arc.

Like any other girl, even Asuna, were used to develop Kirito, Yuuki is development material for Asuna itself, lol :P
Dec 13, 2014 3:53 PM

Feb 2013
DemianC said:
Lame!

Asuna was never any of those things in reality. The whole point of this arc was to show that she was using virtual reality for escapism rather than facing her challenges. But now a little bit of SAO Asuna is bleeding into her real personality.
Dec 13, 2014 3:54 PM

Jan 2013
I was expecting for Yuuki to die on this episode.
Looks like she will die on the next one, that's gonna leave an harsh flavor on the mouth :/

Asuna's mother was quite cute on that ALO avatar.
The moments with Yuuki at school was sweet.
Dec 13, 2014 4:00 PM
Jul 2018
You know, I've been thinking. Why are some people raving about how good SAO is and why some people just don't understand it. They just see it as meh.
When you actually think about it, alot was cut in the transfer from LN to anime. If you read many books, you probably know those imagery scenes that make you say WOW. Or those paragraphs using a few literary devices and descriptions to grab your attention and let you keep reading on and on and on. Well all that imagery you read in a book just got put into the anime as a background, and all those very detailed and wonderfully written descriptions and monologues that added dimensions on a character, just got put into the anime as a 10 second mention. Yeah it's okay. But it doesn't attract you like in the LN.
Vivid scene descriptions and monologues are what SAO is very good at. However, when translating to an anime, you have to understand that alot of those scenes have to be summarized because let's face it, the average anime-only watcher won't give a shit about a word for word, that would be pretty boring.
Leaving out small details however can cause some missing feelings that LN readers feel, but anime watchers don't. For instance remember that Death gun chase scene in GGO. In the LN's that was a tense scene, however in the anime, due to the lack of monologue, you don't actually know how the character feels and you don't really understand the characters well unless you try VERY hard to interpret the scene.
As a part LN reader, part anime watcher, I can see that there are some scenes where they just glossed over details that made you feel sorry for the character when reading it. In fact, I am pretty sure NO ONE who watched the anime feels sorry for Yuuki because all the people around her treated her like shit and some sort of monster that needed to be gone. All we got in the anime was:
Yuuki had AIDS. That's really all we got from this. You felt NOTHING for her because there was no description about her life or how she had to live a daily life. EVERYTHING is summarized.
I don't blame A-1 for summarizing. I mean those monologues and descriptions take many paragraphs, SOmetimes PAGES. It really hooks you on to the idea in the LN. IN the anime you basically get: "this happenned, that happenned, now that happenned". This is why I reccommend people to read LN. However if you truly, honestly hate the show and only watch it for the LOL's. Don't. Because I am very sure that like how LN readers opinions cloud how they see the anime adaptation, your opinions on the anime will cloud how you percieve the LN, no matter how many times people tell you Aincrad was adapted wrong.

My point is, I think some things are better as LN's then as animes. THat's why SAO has hype. It's well written. You really feel for the characters. HOwever as an anime, if you love LN's you probably wil love it since you won't realize you have extra details added to that scene you just watched that made it feel alive. As an anime-only, you'll probably feel it was meh and wonder why the hype was so high for these arcs.
removed-userDec 13, 2014 4:05 PM
Dec 13, 2014 4:04 PM

Apr 2014
First of all, the music guys. The music is so relaxing, so BEAUTIFUL. Very well-made, simple, soft and touching music. Congrats Yuki Kajura (another "Yuuki" too haha...).

I liked it very much how Yuuki was introduced at school. She was accepted even if she is seen from a computer eye or something. I also liked the introduction of the story, which was read by Yuuki. The story actually really exist (http://tonygonz.blogspot.ch/2006/06/truck-akutagawa-ryunosuke.html).

Her mother still remains strict and severe, and I don't like this attitude very much to be honest. But at least the trip inside ALO made her become a little bit milder, bringing memories back, the feelings, so that Asuna can remain at school. Yuuki did good telling Asuna that she has to express her feelings to her mother.

So now there is only one episode left.. Oh damn it!!! And the following arc is sill not finished, so it will probably last a LOT of time waiting for SAO 3.

1. By the way, anyone knows if there is going to be a fifth Arc? Is Kawahara still writing on SAO or will it finish after the 4th arc? I have no information to this, that's why I'm asking.
2. A more detailed question about the last episode. If the quesion must not belong here because it is part of the last ep, I apologize, I don't know the rules.
So the doctor said that Yuuki is fulldiving since three years. How can it be possible, if SAO was the first VRRMMORPG? Because now 2 years and some months have passed, so Yuuki must have been diving before SAO. Did I miss something? I have no LN or Mangas here in Europe. Would be glad if someone could answer my question, so that I have the logica again. Pm is also fine.

I forgot... Great episode! I'm sad mates that it is going to end. You are not alone with the feel :)
"If the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
Dec 13, 2014 4:07 PM
Apr 2014
DemianC said:
Lame!

I wanted at least one NO or something like that, "no mother this is my life".
In the end Asuna didn't win anything, her mother just "allowed" her to continue for now!

Not sure if trolling or stupid...

Dec 13, 2014 4:08 PM
Feb 2012
salmon3669 said:
You know, I've been thinking. Why are some people raving about how good SAO is and why some people just don't understand it. They just see it as meh.
When you actually think about it, alot was cut in the transfer from LN to anime. If you read many books, you probably know those imagery scenes that make you say WOW. Or those paragraphs using a few literary devices and descriptions to grab your attention and let you keep reading on and on and on. Well all that imagery you read in a book just got put into the anime as a background, and all those very detailed and wonderfully written descriptions and monologues that added dimensions on a character, just got put into the anime as a 10 second mention. Yeah it's okay. But it doesn't attract you like in the LN.
Vivid scene descriptions and monologues are what SAO is very good at. However, when translating to an anime, you have to understand that alot of those scenes have to be summarized because let's face it, the average anime-only watcher won't give a shit about a word for word, that would be pretty boring.
Leaving out small details however can cause some missing feelings that LN readers feel, but anime watchers don't. For instance remember that Death gun chase scene in GGO. In the LN's that was a tense scene, however in the anime, due to the lack of monologue, you don't actually know how the character feels and you don't really understand the characters well unless you try VERY hard to interpret the scene.
As a part LN reader, part anime watcher, I can see that there are some scenes where they just glossed over details that made you feel sorry for the character when reading it. In fact, I am pretty sure NO ONE who watched the anime feels sorry for Yuuki because all the people around her treated her like shit and some sort of monster that needed to be gone. All we got in the anime was:
Yuuki had AIDS. That's really all we got from this. You felt NOTHING for her because there was no description about her life or how she had to live a daily life. EVERYTHING is summarized.
I don't blame A-1 for summarizing. I mean those monologues and descriptions take many paragraphs, SOmetimes PAGES. It really hooks you on to the idea in the LN. IN the anime you basically get: "this happenned, that happenned, now that happenned". This is why I reccommend people to read LN. However if you truly, honestly hate the show and only watch it for the LOL's. Don't. Because I am very sure that like how LN readers opinions cloud how they see the anime adaptation, your opinions on the anime will cloud how you percieve the LN, no matter how many times people tell you Aincrad was adapted wrong.

My point is, I think some things are better as LN's then as animes. THat's why SAO has hype. It's well written. You really feel for the characters. HOwever as an anime, if you love LN's you probably wil love it since you won't realize you have extra details added to that scene you just watched that made it feel alive. As an anime-only, you'll probably feel it was meh and wonder why the hype was so high for these arcs.

This so much.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 27, 2014

611 by Bruh69XD »»
May 10, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

546 by amf85 »»
Apr 30, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

432 by amf85 »»
Apr 29, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

286 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 6, 2014

418 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 3:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.