Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 13, 2014 4:09 PM

Feb 2009
Marenwynn said:
Asuna was never any of those things in reality. The whole point of this arc was to show that she was using virtual reality for escapism rather than facing her challenges. But now a little bit of SAO Asuna is bleeding into her real personality.

Yes i know what do you mean, and you're right, but this is not the Asuna that we all knew and loved
And it is unrealistic you know, after 2 years on SAO in a life and death situation her character should be evolve, don't you think?
Dec 13, 2014 4:17 PM

Feb 2009
Reyxe said:
Not sure if trolling or stupid...

Are you talking about yourself?
Dec 13, 2014 4:24 PM
Jul 2018
Khpconan said:
salmon3669 said:
You know, I've been thinking. Why are some people raving about how good SAO is and why some people just don't understand it. They just see it as meh.
When you actually think about it, alot was cut in the transfer from LN to anime. If you read many books, you probably know those imagery scenes that make you say WOW. Or those paragraphs using a few literary devices and descriptions to grab your attention and let you keep reading on and on and on. Well all that imagery you read in a book just got put into the anime as a background, and all those very detailed and wonderfully written descriptions and monologues that added dimensions on a character, just got put into the anime as a 10 second mention. Yeah it's okay. But it doesn't attract you like in the LN.
Vivid scene descriptions and monologues are what SAO is very good at. However, when translating to an anime, you have to understand that alot of those scenes have to be summarized because let's face it, the average anime-only watcher won't give a shit about a word for word, that would be pretty boring.
Leaving out small details however can cause some missing feelings that LN readers feel, but anime watchers don't. For instance remember that Death gun chase scene in GGO. In the LN's that was a tense scene, however in the anime, due to the lack of monologue, you don't actually know how the character feels and you don't really understand the characters well unless you try VERY hard to interpret the scene.
As a part LN reader, part anime watcher, I can see that there are some scenes where they just glossed over details that made you feel sorry for the character when reading it. In fact, I am pretty sure NO ONE who watched the anime feels sorry for Yuuki because all the people around her treated her like shit and some sort of monster that needed to be gone. All we got in the anime was:
Yuuki had AIDS. That's really all we got from this. You felt NOTHING for her because there was no description about her life or how she had to live a daily life. EVERYTHING is summarized.
I don't blame A-1 for summarizing. I mean those monologues and descriptions take many paragraphs, SOmetimes PAGES. It really hooks you on to the idea in the LN. IN the anime you basically get: "this happenned, that happenned, now that happenned". This is why I reccommend people to read LN. However if you truly, honestly hate the show and only watch it for the LOL's. Don't. Because I am very sure that like how LN readers opinions cloud how they see the anime adaptation, your opinions on the anime will cloud how you percieve the LN, no matter how many times people tell you Aincrad was adapted wrong.

My point is, I think some things are better as LN's then as animes. THat's why SAO has hype. It's well written. You really feel for the characters. HOwever as an anime, if you love LN's you probably wil love it since you won't realize you have extra details added to that scene you just watched that made it feel alive. As an anime-only, you'll probably feel it was meh and wonder why the hype was so high for these arcs.

This so much.

Still needed to be said. There's a gap seperating LN readers and anime-only watchers that needs to be filled.
Dec 13, 2014 4:27 PM

Sep 2014
DemianC said:
Marenwynn said:
Asuna was never any of those things in reality. The whole point of this arc was to show that she was using virtual reality for escapism rather than facing her challenges. But now a little bit of SAO Asuna is bleeding into her real personality.

Yes i know what do you mean, and you're right, but this is not the Asuna that we all knew and loved
And it is unrealistic you know, after 2 years on SAO in a life and death situation her character should be evolve, don't you think?

Kirito and Asuna had tons of character development in the first season/arc. The problem was it was adapted wrong. MR would actually be adding to Asuna's character development going by the LN's. Now anime wise she just seems bland because like I said the first season/arc was adapted wrong.
Dec 13, 2014 4:29 PM

Jul 2012
Cringey dialogue.

Otherwise, okay episode. A lot better than the previous at least.
Dec 13, 2014 4:49 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Idek what to say anymore, this arc is giving me too much feels

I swear to god if Asuna goes to the hospital and Yuuki is already dead, I'm gonna lose my shit
Dec 13, 2014 5:11 PM
Dec 2014
Ok, this was a good episode but WHY was Asuna getting all the credit for Kirito's hard work. Really KIRITO makes the machine, Asuna takes all the credit. Does Yuuki once say thank-you to Kirito no!!! Just really Kirito gets credit for pretty much everything in SAO to getting no thanks in this arc just wtf? And last episode when Asuna got to Yuuki at the hospital after Kirito told her not only To go, but how to get there and when people are saying how AMAZING it is for Asuna to find Yuuki Asuna takes the credit? Can someone who read the LN that Kirito EVER gets credit for these things? Sorry for the rage guys, I made an account just for this post.
Dec 13, 2014 5:12 PM

Nov 2013
Finally we see what the camera in the ending song animations was for.

Loli and preteen Asuna is the best thing ever omfg.

The yuri teasing is there—while Asuna says no, everybody else is like DAMN YES!
Dec 13, 2014 5:15 PM

May 2014
Sword Art Online II coming to an end in one week eh?
Has been a long journey. I wonder what they're going to cover next episode...
So much happiness.. UGHHHHHHH
I WANT SEASON 3!!!!!!!! Even if the show isn't finished yet!!!

Dec 13, 2014 5:16 PM

Sep 2014
xxdeathx said:
Finally we see what the camera in the ending song animations was for.

Loli and preteen Asuna is the best thing ever omfg.

The yuri teasing is there—while Asuna says no, everybody else is like DAMN YES!

Even like how Yuuki was giving Asuna boy advice lol. You do know Kirito is in another world right ? lol
Dec 13, 2014 5:31 PM

Jul 2009
yeah... the mom scene for some reason hit me with the feels train a lot more than yuki's. i dont even know why she's crying. is she crying cause asuna is finally moving forward? is she crying cause she's come so far and only now reminiscing about the past and her own mom/dad? probably the latter. she probably finally learned how much her own mom/dad cared for her -- keeping that house specifically for her to return to, if or when she ever becomes too tired. :') guess now she wants to set an example for asuna.
KurogashiDec 13, 2014 5:37 PM
Dec 13, 2014 5:36 PM
Oct 2012
Bomb2chest said:
Even like how Yuuki was giving Asuna boy advice lol. You do know Kirito is in another world right ? lol

Humm, I have to go back to check because I think they skipped that line, but yes Yuuki is very very well aware of that, actually far more so then Asuna or for that matter any else. Yuuki and Kirito are the most similar to one another (which is why Kirito could guess about Yuuki), too similar probably to become friends without Asuna as the medium, but yes they both understand one another.
Dec 13, 2014 5:43 PM
Aug 2013
seraphzero said:
adaw31 said:

The next Arc isn't even finished yet so I doubt they will start animating it until the Arc is over or the author explains how many volumes are left for the next arc. From memory, this Arc has been ongoing before the anime even begun. So there is A LOT of content that will need to be covered.

There's already enough content released for a season three and by the time season three ends, the arc should be over and we'll get the remainder in season four.

The only question is if the author is going to do another arc after Alicization.

Actually, I heard that the author is making another sort of arc after alicization. The arc is basically the author going over SAO in much more detail. I actually like that idea since that was what I expected to happen at first anyways.

Now...
Why does everyone seem to have a complaint about every episode? I thought for sure no one could come up with one this time, but no. Nope. People still manage somehow. I would go easier on the complainers if it weren't for the fact that I have a feeling people complain about SAO because it is SAO. When I first watched the anime with no feedback from anyone, I thought it was the best thing ever. Was I crazy? I don't think so. And as soon as I see people commenting, I have doubts. Goodness. Negativity is maxed out, why do these people even watch SAO.

SAO was never just an action anime, and to be honest what attracted me to SAO from the beginning were the emotions that were expressed in the anime, while the action added even more excitement. This is just me though. But yeah, even if A-1 "intended to make SAO an action anime" that can't even happen without material for an action anime. I mean, come on, they gotta stick to the LN and if the LN doesn't have a lot of action, don't pass it off as an action anime...

salmon3669 said:
You know, I've been thinking. Why are some people raving about how good SAO is and why some people just don't understand it. They just see it as meh.
When you actually think about it, alot was cut in the transfer from LN to anime. If you read many books, you probably know those imagery scenes that make you say WOW. Or those paragraphs using a few literary devices and descriptions to grab your attention and let you keep reading on and on and on. Well all that imagery you read in a book just got put into the anime as a background, and all those very detailed and wonderfully written descriptions and monologues that added dimensions on a character, just got put into the anime as a 10 second mention. Yeah it's okay. But it doesn't attract you like in the LN.
Vivid scene descriptions and monologues are what SAO is very good at. However, when translating to an anime, you have to understand that alot of those scenes have to be summarized because let's face it, the average anime-only watcher won't give a shit about a word for word, that would be pretty boring.
Leaving out small details however can cause some missing feelings that LN readers feel, but anime watchers don't. For instance remember that Death gun chase scene in GGO. In the LN's that was a tense scene, however in the anime, due to the lack of monologue, you don't actually know how the character feels and you don't really understand the characters well unless you try VERY hard to interpret the scene.
As a part LN reader, part anime watcher, I can see that there are some scenes where they just glossed over details that made you feel sorry for the character when reading it. In fact, I am pretty sure NO ONE who watched the anime feels sorry for Yuuki because all the people around her treated her like shit and some sort of monster that needed to be gone. All we got in the anime was:
Yuuki had AIDS. That's really all we got from this. You felt NOTHING for her because there was no description about her life or how she had to live a daily life. EVERYTHING is summarized.
I don't blame A-1 for summarizing. I mean those monologues and descriptions take many paragraphs, SOmetimes PAGES. It really hooks you on to the idea in the LN. IN the anime you basically get: "this happenned, that happenned, now that happenned". This is why I reccommend people to read LN. However if you truly, honestly hate the show and only watch it for the LOL's. Don't. Because I am very sure that like how LN readers opinions cloud how they see the anime adaptation, your opinions on the anime will cloud how you percieve the LN, no matter how many times people tell you Aincrad was adapted wrong.

My point is, I think some things are better as LN's then as animes. THat's why SAO has hype. It's well written. You really feel for the characters. HOwever as an anime, if you love LN's you probably wil love it since you won't realize you have extra details added to that scene you just watched that made it feel alive. As an anime-only, you'll probably feel it was meh and wonder why the hype was so high for these arcs.

Oh come on...everything is like that. Books that are made into movies are never the same. Animes based off of LN's are the same thing. And you know what, I'm fine with that. While LN'a provide more story, the anime can let you listen to their voices, and see the characters in action, which I find to be really cool. I've read the LN. But it's fine if people don't read it. The anime is still fine regardless. As for LN readers, this is a great experience. It makes me want to see the next arc animated too, not because I want to seem them make it perfect, but to see it animated and listen to the voices speak the words I've read, it's cool.

Does anyone know how much of a chance there is of Alicization being animated?
SilvertideDec 13, 2014 5:47 PM
Dec 13, 2014 5:45 PM

Sep 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
Bomb2chest said:

Humm, I have to go back to check because I think they skipped that line, but yes Yuuki is very very well aware of that, actually far more so then Asuna or for that matter any else. Yuuki and Kirito are the most similar to one another (which is why Kirito could guess about Yuuki), too similar probably to become friends without Asuna as the medium, but yes they both understand one another.

Yuuki said the line right after the whole will you marry joke. Yuuki goes on to ask you have someone you care about already. Asuna goes yes and she says be careful "I get the feeling that he lives outside reality in a different way than I do".
Dec 13, 2014 5:45 PM

Apr 2014
Okay guys! Get ready for the next episode! cuz' the feels train is comin'!
Dec 13, 2014 5:52 PM

Oct 2014
Nice ep. Cant wait for nxt week.
Dec 13, 2014 5:53 PM

Jan 2014

My thoughts exactly. Absolutely agreed with everything you stated here. ^^
Dec 13, 2014 5:53 PM
Oct 2012
Kurogashi said:
yeah... the mom scene for some reason hit me with the feels train a lot more than yuki's. i dont even know why she's crying. is she crying cause asuna is finally moving forward? is she crying cause she's come so far and only now reminiscing about the past and her own mom/dad? probably the latter. she probably finally learned how much her own mom/dad cared for her -- keeping that house specifically for her to return to, if or when she ever becomes too tired. :') guess now she wants to set an example for asuna.

They left the back story out there because of time. Asuna's mother is a self made woman. From her humble roots she became a leading academic with her research published in many journals. She then married into a rich family, not as a trophy, but because her husband honestly respected her intelligence.

For people who attacked her because she was willing to accept her husband's judgement on a fiancee for Asuna despite her own misgivings, this is why. She love and respected her husband.

That said, because she married into a rich family from such humble beginnings she had to deal with the extreme prejudice of the other family members. That is why being on time for dinner was so important for her, because she knew that people were waiting for these social faux pas from her in order to pounce on her (this isn't specifically explained in the LN, but it is very standard in these situations (there is a brilliant scene in "the Aviator" similar to this - Howard Hughes meeting Katherine Hepburn's parents)).

So for her, she wanted to make sure that Asuna did not have the same hurdles she had. Her "controlling" was because she loves and has such enormous pride in Asuna, so seeing Asuna spinning her wheels, was something she couldn't accept.

However in this episode, when Asuna showed her mother that she had a purpose, that was why her mother could loosen up. That was all she really wanted: to make sure that Asuna decided what she wanted, not settled for things. If you go back an listen to the previous dialog, this becomes more clear.

As for the crying, the mother had to sacrifice a lot to achieve what she did. She had to sort of abandon (though not reject) her parents because she was so busy achieving her dreams. Her parents not only understood this, but had great pride in her for doing this (they kept a scrapbook of her articles and awards). That the mother was not embarrassed of her parents (as Asuna once claimed) was clear in that she made sure that Asuna could visit her parents even if she could not (because of obligations both to her career and to her husband's life).
Dec 13, 2014 5:55 PM

May 2013
The drama continues. Making Yuuki attend school was a complete success. Just by using that machine on Asuna's shoulder, she was able to attend classes. Even venturing across town and to her house. Yuuki has brought great courage for Asuna.

That awkward moment when you invited your mother to the virtual world. The drama in that one was okay. Asuna successfully convinced her mother no to let her transfer next year. I wonder how this will all turn out next episode. More drama perhaps.
Dec 13, 2014 5:59 PM
Aug 2012
This is the gayest fucking episode thus far, although Yuuki spewed some real shit.
DomineeringOppressor
Dec 13, 2014 6:18 PM
Oct 2012
Bomb2chest said:
Yuuki said the line right after the whole will you marry joke. Yuuki goes on to ask you have someone you care about already. Asuna goes yes and she says be careful "I get the feeling that he lives outside reality in a different way than I do".

Thanks, glad they captured it, but they sort of whiffed on the nuance. Asuna's laugh gave the indication that she understood, but the LN is quite clear that she didn't understand what Yuuki meant.

But still glad they did the line, my high opinion of A-1 remains. Sucks that they have to cut things out, but its not their fault, writers have space, animators don't.
Dec 13, 2014 6:23 PM

Apr 2011
Total snoozefest of an episode. Maybe it's just because I really don't care about Asuna at all but I have really not enjoyed this final arc. I almost don't want to see a third season after how dull things have been since GGO ended.

1/5
Dec 13, 2014 6:23 PM

Dec 2013
shitto

Danpmss said:
SAO - Aincrad
6.5/10

SAO - Fairy Tail
3/10

SAO - Phantom Bullet
7/10 first half, 4.5/10 second half

SAO - Calibur
4/10

SAO - Mother's Rosario
Calculating... (so far 3.5/10)

more like this
Dec 13, 2014 6:25 PM

Sep 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
Bomb2chest said:

Thanks, glad they captured it, but they sort of whiffed on the nuance. Asuna's laugh gave the indication that she understood, but the LN is quite clear that she didn't understand what Yuuki meant.

But still glad they did the line, my high opinion of A-1 remains. Sucks that they have to cut things out, but its not their fault, writers have space, animators don't.

Doesn't this imply Yuuki has no clue either ? She might have things in common like spending tons of time in VR etc. From Yuuki's comment it almost sounds like she knows he is in a different would but it's still different than my situation.

Unless she was just saying I have an excuse to be in a different world but he has no excuse so you need to watch out ?
Dec 13, 2014 6:25 PM

Dec 2013
Wonderful episode, that scene with her mother in the virtual world, beautiful. Asuna asking Yuuki for strenght to show her resolve, beautiful. The drama in this arc has been pretty amazing, only one episode left... i'm sad.

A prime example of a great episode.

Did you think i would forget to mention dat Loli Asuna? Too kawaii!

5/5
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Dec 13, 2014 6:26 PM

Jul 2012
Asuna and her mother finally patched things up in a way.

Great episode!!!
Dec 13, 2014 6:29 PM

Oct 2013
101 how to rek your own mum
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Dec 13, 2014 6:34 PM

Jul 2012
HazukashiiDesu said:
Danpmss said:
SAO - Aincrad
4/10

SAO - Fairy Tail
5.5/10

SAO - Phantom Bullet
7/10 first half, 4/10 second half

SAO - Calibur
5/10

SAO - Mother's Rosario
Calculating... (so far 3.5/10)

more like this

fixed
Dec 13, 2014 6:35 PM

Apr 2011
Since someone else did it this way:

SAO 1 - Aincrad
9/10

SAO 1 - Fairy Tale
8/10 (Screw you, imouto is Best Girl)

SAO 2 - GGO
8/10

SAO 2 - Calibur
7/10

SAO 2 - Mother's Rosario
4/10 (Some interesting parts, but mostly blah blah blah poor Asuna the rich girl blah blah blah)
Dec 13, 2014 6:41 PM
Oct 2014
I don't know what all the complaints are about, but I think mother's rosario has been the best arc so far. Most people like the first arc the best, but those fillers somewhat killed the effect for me.

I love that asuna got her mom in new aincrad. I think everyone can relate to that act of showing the parents "your world." Honestly, how many of you guys chat up your folks after watching a fire episode of anime? I know I don't.

As Will Smith once said, "Parents just don't understand"
"The only thing I still write is a list of people I'll never forgive" - Hikigaya 8man
Dec 13, 2014 6:49 PM

Apr 2011
No-Look_Kuroko said:
I don't know what all the complaints are about, but I think mother's rosario has been the best arc so far. Most people like the first arc the best, but those fillers somewhat killed the effect for me.

For me, it's that I never cared for Asuna, and an arc that focuses as heavily on her as this one has carries little interest for me. The boss fight episode was pretty awesome, and I liked Yuuki n the Sleeping Knights, but everything else (Asuna's drama in the real world, walking around with their AI daughter on her shoulder, and all the blah blah blah) has been boring as hell.

Plus, all the characters I like more than Asuna (pretty much all of them but especially the imouto and Sinon) have been pretty much absent from this arc. Of all the characters that could've gotten their own arc, Asuna is the last person I'd have chosen.
Dec 13, 2014 6:51 PM
Oct 2012
Bomb2chest said:
Doesn't this imply Yuuki has no clue either ? She might have things in common like spending tons of time in VR etc. From Yuuki's comment it almost sounds like she knows he is in a different would but it's still different than my situation.

Unless she was just saying I have an excuse to be in a different world but he has no excuse so you need to watch out ?

It is more the latter then the former. Yuuki had a compelling reason to abandon the "real" world for the VR world, Kirito would therefore need another, but similar, reason to do the same thing. That was why she warned Asuna. It's not that she disagreed with what Kirito was doing, rather that she wasn't sure of why he was doing it.

I stopped reading SAO at this novel, so I don't know if it plays forward, but I think Yuuki's advice was well warranted.
Dec 13, 2014 7:06 PM

Jul 2014
Marenwynn said:
DemianC said:
Lame!

The second half was so lame.

Where is Asuna from SAO arc? Stong-willed, brave and independent.
And now that, a weak, cowardly little girl, a sad excuse for a person

This is pretty close on topic to what the LN does better with words where anime-only viewers are missing bit details of Asuna's characterizations. Her monologue of why she decided to pick up her brother's NerveGear. Kirito's first impression of Asuna, her style of fighting which one could mistake for having a death wish. These are just a couple of obvious points I can remember off the top of my head that would have add more dimensions to Asuna's character.
Dec 13, 2014 7:08 PM

Jan 2013
I really thought the art was a step up this episode.
Fairly emotional too.
Dec 13, 2014 7:20 PM
Oct 2014
Blind_Guardian said:

For me, it's that I never cared for Asuna, and an arc that focuses as heavily on her as this one has carries little interest for me. Plus, Of all the characters that could've gotten their own arc, Asuna is the last person I'd have chosen.

This is where we fight to the death lol
"The only thing I still write is a list of people I'll never forgive" - Hikigaya 8man
Dec 13, 2014 7:25 PM

Apr 2011
No-Look_Kuroko said:
Blind_Guardian said:

For me, it's that I never cared for Asuna, and an arc that focuses as heavily on her as this one has carries little interest for me. Plus, Of all the characters that could've gotten their own arc, Asuna is the last person I'd have chosen.

Is there a particular reason why you hacked up my message like that? If you're going to quote me and then edit it down, at least put a (...) where you cut out what I said.
Dec 13, 2014 7:52 PM

Aug 2008
Nice scene with the mom. One more episode to go.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Dec 13, 2014 8:01 PM

Jul 2012
Danpmss said:
SAO - Aincrad
7,6/10

SAO - Fairy Tail
Doesn't exist

SAO - Phantom Bullet
8,2/10

SAO - Calibur
6,7/10

SAO - Mother's Rosario
Calculating... (so far 8,6/10)

This is what I call a nice adaptation of the source content.

i prett much agree on everything (and yeah, Fairy Dance doesn't exist)
Dec 13, 2014 8:13 PM

Sep 2014
I loved this episode.

It's great for Konno Yuuki to be able to see how the school looks like.

And what a nice way for Asuna to bond with her mother using Virtual Reality xD
Dec 13, 2014 8:21 PM

Dec 2012
Sweet episode.
Yuuki sure made an impression on Asuna's classmates.
Asuna and her Mom having a heart to heart in AOL.
No need to transfer. Final episode next week.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Dec 13, 2014 9:05 PM

May 2010
Asuna showing Yuuki around and Yuuki giving her a push... I wouldn't have minded her marrying Asuna at all.

Her mother was very cute in the virtual world. That was a refreshing conversation.

Ah man, such a feels-inducing episode. I don't care about the haters, this arc IS the best SAO arc. Admit it or not.

10/10 again, that's the 3rd one in a row. Hope it ends with a bang. And I wonder what will happen to Yuuki... Hope she survives.
Dec 13, 2014 9:08 PM

Jul 2014
A lot of tears man TT_TT a lot I mean a lot !!
Dec 13, 2014 9:10 PM
Mar 2012
Silvertide said:
Actually, I heard that the author is making another sort of arc after alicization. The arc is basically the author going over SAO in much more detail. I actually like that idea since that was what I expected to happen at first anyways.

Does anyone know how much of a chance there is of Alicization being animated?

You're a bit late there, the arc you speak of where we explore Kirito's adventures floor by floor is already a thing, currently publishing with the main series.

As for the chances of Alicization being animated, very high because A-1 loves to milk a cash cow. It'll definitely be a very big and dedicated project though, and if the studio continues how they adapt SAO in Alicization, they might as well have fucked up the best arc. A new cast of characters are introduced so they have another chance to develop things right.

CanadianCourage said:
Ok, this was a good episode but WHY was Asuna getting all the credit for Kirito's hard work. Really KIRITO makes the machine, Asuna takes all the credit. Does Yuuki once say thank-you to Kirito no!!! Just really Kirito gets credit for pretty much everything in SAO to getting no thanks in this arc just wtf? And last episode when Asuna got to Yuuki at the hospital after Kirito told her not only To go, but how to get there and when people are saying how AMAZING it is for Asuna to find Yuuki Asuna takes the credit? Can someone who read the LN that Kirito EVER gets credit for these things? Sorry for the rage guys, I made an account just for this post.

Yes, she is very thankful for him for giving her the opportunity to relive life once again and also become great friends, understanding each other more than anyone else knows as they are both "residents of another world."
Dec 13, 2014 9:27 PM

Aug 2014
Pretty good episode. Beginning was slow, but it got really good towards the end. As i've said before, i'm really enjoying this Asuna and i truly wish there were more female leads like her.

The mom... is actually more sexy in the real world. It was kinda funny how she specifically stated that Asuna wouldn't go to the school no matter what, and then she changes her mind after a brief talk, though it was the correct thing to do, and she is now officially forgiven by me. Kousei Arima's mom still the worst for 2014.

Man, that little wooden house was awesome. I actually want one just like that, tucked away in the snowy mountains, where coziness is the king. It looks so peaceful...

I'm all up for Yuuki Yuuki, by the way.

5/5

Only 1 more episode...
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Dec 13, 2014 9:28 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Asuna's other character, Erika I believe suits her mother well. I take back what I said about Asuna's mother a couple episodes back. She isn't a bad mother, she just wants what's best for Asuna. Deep down imo I think she was waiting to hear Asuna express herself and tell her what she wanted to do with her life. Asuna tells her she wants to help the others around her, and work toward her happiness as well.

The episode itself wasn't boring like others say it was. I liked Asuna's character devolopment throughout the arc, and her mother has become a bit more likable. There's also the realism factor being present. Regardless of what happens next episode, this arc gets a solid 10/10.

Dec 13, 2014 9:50 PM

May 2011
Dec 13, 2014 9:53 PM

Sep 2012
Good episode...

Finally got THAT out of the way.

Yuuki Yuuki lol

No multiple marriages option in japan?
Dec 13, 2014 9:56 PM
Oct 2014
Blind_Guardian said:
No-Look_Kuroko said:

Is there a particular reason why you hacked up my message like that? If you're going to quote me and then edit it down, at least put a (...) where you cut out what I said.

Apologies. I choose to MAL on my android. Life is tough without a keyboard, ya know?
Dec 13, 2014 10:58 PM

Apr 2011
Can't wait for this horrible second season to be over with. If there's a third season I will not be watching it.

SAO 2's final score is plummeting fast ... it should have ended with GGO.
Dec 13, 2014 10:59 PM

Jun 2014
Another great episode!

I really enjoyed Asuna giving Yuuki the chance to go to school and meet other people!

Props to Kirito for developing that machine for Yui and letting Asuna use it to help a friend.

The feels in this episode were intense, But I'm sure the final episode is going to be even worse!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 27, 2014

611 by Bruh69XD »»
May 10, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

546 by amf85 »»
Apr 30, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

432 by amf85 »»
Apr 29, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

286 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 6, 2014

418 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 3:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.