Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 16, 2009 9:24 PM

Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Zoro spotlight ftw! That was probably the best One Piece movie I saw up until now, the visuals were very One Piece-like with great animation and outstanding fights. Basically the story focus on Zoro and his turned-bad childhood friend, though it has a nice background to it and a great final. However the highlight of the movie for me was the Luffy Vs. Saga moments.
Nov 20, 2009 10:31 AM

Sep 2008
WoW! The BEST of One Piece movies I've ever seen!!

Wonder where I should start? and what to start with?

Hmm ..

I'll try to make this as short as possible ^ ^

Sanji x Zoro fight was fine. I always hoped to see a REAL fight between those two hehe ^ ^

rofl @ when the ship fell on the hippo-rhino and then the hippo-rhino fell in love with Merry(the ship)! loolz

Luffy's stupidity was funny like ever! "Man, That was fun!" xDDD

One of my most most most fav sentences in this movie is:
Luffy: "If that katana's the strongest, then I must be... the very, very, very, very, very, very, very ... STRONGEST OF ALL! THE PIRATE KING!"

I'd like to think that they meant the real world(we are living in) by talking about (the darkness in mankind's hearts and the light to illuminate it) >>> this was touching!

big big big rofl @ the hippo-rhino coming to Going Merry to propose and the way it did it in xDD

Luffy & Zoro's fights with Saga was just too great! especially Luffy's! >>> I fell in love with that fight >>> j/k j/k hehe ^ ^

and to end it, the Ano Basho e song was great and I think it really suited the movie!

tl;dr The movie was just super awesome! I mean .. was this rly One Piece??! xDD
it was rly a different style than their usual ones. rly loved it ^ ^

10/10 movie

and it seems like the author of One Piece Movies has been finally cured from his "loli fetish" xDDDD

Great movie! (They're rly starting to make real cool movies since last one (movie 4). They've rly improved a lot, especially with the stories!)

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Feb 20, 2010 12:19 AM
Apr 2009
Just awesome! Maya is so pretty! =)
Aug 6, 2010 8:28 AM

Nov 2009
Some of the best fighting I've seen as of yet. Saga vs. Luffy FTW. Almost as good at the Lucci fight xD
Jan 3, 2011 4:10 AM

May 2010
Man, its been a while that i've seen a great anime movie :) The drawing was magnificent especially with the special effect which gave the 3d impression of the surroundings.

I love anime with swordfighting which is why zoro is one of my favorite characters :) the storyline, soundtrack went well with the movie.. you can actually feel the adenventuous spirit with each character!

Luffy showcased most of is special moves whilst in his fight.. and gets you thinking what would happen if he fights like that with all his oppenents :-O

All of the straw hat pirate crew had a glimpse of action in the movie.. and i might say Maya is even sexier then namin and robin :-)))))) love the bikini scene! my mouth just dropped open :-))))))))))))))

I was happy that zoro finished the fight.. it should be expected because Saga was his childhood friend and supposaidly a swordman should fight a swordsman

9/10 Highest i gave for an movie!
Feb 2, 2011 5:25 PM

Jul 2010
it was a very nice movie, i was kinda hoping zoro and luffy would team up at the end, but than again, this is a fight between childhood friends so he would kinda be in the way.

Oct 29, 2011 3:48 PM
Jun 2008
The movie wasn't very good for me, at some points it got boring but then picked up at some fight scenes or the crazy stuff Luffy did. Definitely not the best One Piece movie I've watched so far. 7/10
Feb 10, 2012 6:44 AM

Jul 2011
I have to say that I enjoyed the movie, It wasnt prefect of course but I liked it.
Zoro has been one of my fav characters since the very begining of the series so... The battles were nice excludeing the first battle Luffy-Saga. Zoro was awesome as usual and the battle with Sanji was also very good. Well it was more like a promo battle XD I would really like to see who will ein in a real battle cuz Im sure it isnt going top be that easy for Zoro.
The stryline was also amazing, one of the best features of the movie XD. All the things with that sword... And of course Luffy - acting like and idot, fighting like a machiene XD Luffy style.
The movie was great!
Jun 9, 2012 10:28 PM

May 2010
Eh? My least favorite One Piece movie so far! I hated that storyline, it felt like stereotypical tripe and didn't match at all with what the show usually feels like. Seriously, it's like the story was written beforehand and they just needed to pick a cast from a popular shonen to fill the rolls. If this film were released 10-15 years earlier, I could forgive the plot, but by now no writer should make something like this with a straight face.
“Money can't buy dere”
Jun 18, 2012 2:34 PM

Mar 2010
Good movie. WE got to learn more about zoro [well alittle]
Aug 6, 2012 7:06 PM
Apr 2010
This was just bad.I don't even know where to start.
Besides Ussop & Luffy's antics and the movie only character maya and the old lady,this was horrid.
Sent with Mal Updater
Nov 12, 2012 11:20 AM
Manga DB Admin
Aug 2012
Boring. This and the 2nd movie are really bad. Considering how well made the rest of the movies were, this was really disappointing.
Aug 26, 2013 9:35 PM
Aug 2011
As a Zoro fan I take offense at how he was portrayed for the majority of this movie.
Sure I should be happy that he has the spotlight but I can't because it's for all the wrong reasons.

Zoro prioritizing Saga over the crew members in the beginning was just ridiculous.

Speaking of Saga, he was an awful antagonist. I felt nothing towards him, actually I don't think I could have cared any less.

A true shame since the visuals are quite spectacular as far as these earlier OP movies go.
Jul 1, 2014 11:09 PM

Dec 2012
I liked it. It didn't find it as good as the last movie, but I enjoyed it more than the first 3. I especially liked the scenery.

What bugged me a little was Zoro actually full-out defeating Sanji. Unless you're Oda, you don't go there.

I'm also not a terribly huge fan of "THIS ISN'T EVEN MY FINAL FORM" type battles. I got a little annoyed when that guy hit his third form and just wanted to him to stay down. Probably because I didn't find the villain all that interesting.
Oct 11, 2014 6:46 PM

Feb 2014
Some bits were hilarious, like Luffy and Usopp in the cave. And the animation was really good. But other than that this movie wasn't all that, I did not like the story at all.
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Feb 4, 2015 5:41 PM

Nov 2011
I'm flabbergasted that so many didn't like this movie and/or thought it was bad. The plot was less simple than just "beat the bad guy" for a change; the crew wasn't needlessly splintered into drawn-out sub-fights as is usual; we got extra background for Zoro, more focus on Robin's archeology skills, and Luffy had some of his serious moments; there were good inter-crew scenes such as with Zoro vs. Sanji and the Luffy/Ussop scenes... What was everyone looking for? o.O

Even the Luffy vs. Saga scenes were fun to me since they were more fast-paced than is typical in One Piece.

If anything I would complain that the magical aspect was largely unexplained and (maybe) out of place in One Piece, but in the end it's what helped make the movie distinct from the others.

This was either the best movie so far or at least tied with Dead End Adventure.
TripleSRankFeb 4, 2015 5:55 PM
Jun 3, 2015 5:33 AM

Jan 2014
Fun as always <3
Cool that that it was kinda
centered around one of the
Straw Hat pirates ^___^
Sep 13, 2015 4:41 AM

Mar 2015
Zoro's waistband doubles as a handy storage compartment. Practical and stylish

I loved the bit when Luffy and Ussopp were trying to get out the tunnels, it had an indiana jones feel to it XD

The first movie without an annoying kid that they have to save.

Being focused on Zoro, I love how they (were forced?) to show us the swordfights instead of zoro taking a stance, saying the attack name, cutscene followed by a still image of zoro posing and sword sounds and enemy screaming

Nami and Chopper vs toma seemed a bit out of place.
Sep 21, 2015 6:43 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Maya is really pretty. Nice movie. Had some funny moments.
Can't complain too much about the storyline.

Mar 11, 2016 7:43 AM

Mar 2014
Man, how are people saying the animation got better in this one? I thought the animation really took a nose-dive here.
I mean, they obviously still had a movie-level budget, but it definitely looks like they cut corners in some places, and it looked really obvious sometimes. Also, what's up with the handful of shots where it looked like it was made as pixel art for a Sega CD cutscene instead of a full-on feature film?
To me, it looks like this movie tried to blend digital and traditional animation, but wasn't entirely successful.

I still liked this better than movie 4 in terms of plot, but I think movies 1-3 had a better story, for sure. On top of that, movies 1-4 absolutely had better animation.
::End of Transmission::

Jul 17, 2016 4:38 AM

Mar 2015
Maya was cute!! That swimming scene was really nice!

Other than that, great action with focus on Zoro and something from his past. The comedy was on-point as usual, especially when Luffy and Usopp were mucking about in the tunnels, and it's always great to see the gang up to their shenanigans.

8/10!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 24, 2016 10:13 AM

Oct 2015
A very good movie. I loved the action in this one, as well as the little story about Zoro we were presented with. 7/10
Hisoka said:
True love is finding someone whose demons play well with yours.
Illumi said:
Aug 27, 2016 7:21 AM

Sep 2014
Good movie. The fight between zoro and snaji was short but nice and as always luffy and ussop duo is hilarious :D
Mar 19, 2017 2:42 AM

Aug 2012
Another One Piece movie that barely scraps by with a 6. There were several things I liked about the movie, for starters it gave us "Three Towers" (if you click that link, *don't* watch the video, just have it opened in the other tab unless you've gone through the CP9 saga) which is perhaps my favorite track in the entire One Piece OST. But outside of that, I really liked the different structure to the plot, how everyone played a different role (with the orb task and whatnot) and Zoro got the finishing blow. Saga/Sword wasn't a very compelling antagonist but I liked what they did with Toma, and his scene with Zoro was pretty nice. Don't really understand the decision to have Toma's defeat happen in conjuncture with the battle with Saga, kinda felt like a superfluous addition. Like they just forgot they had introduced this character, so they kept cutting to a far less dramatic fight that kinda broke the tension. It'd be like if Luffy's final fight with Crocodile was interrupted by quick snippets of Sanji vs. Bon Clay, it's just a weird decision to have a quick side battle in the mix of the films climax with the antagonist. I also liked that it deviated from the kid character trapping that literally every One Piece movie preceding this one succumb too. And I thought it's message was nice, even though I don't think they handled it greatly, probably because Saga himself wasn't given much characterization, so he was mostly just a cipher for the theme, which meant it wasn't able to emotionally engage me in any meaningful way.

Character-wise I'm in the camp that thought Zoro was out-of-character for a good chunk of this film and it did aggravate me. It's especially annoying considering how long the movie took to truly establish their relationship. The backstory to their relationship is nothing too special, and it fell pretty flat to me as a traditional filler character dynamic with a canon character. Perhaps if we've gotten a stronger sense of their relationship earlier on or if the backstory wasn't so rote, it would've engaged emotionally and I could've understood it from Zoro's perspective. But the way it was done here felt like Zoro did it for plot convenience. On the flip-side, I loved Luffy & Usopp's dynamic here. My favorite moment was when Nami yelled at them and Luffy took Usopp's side that they were in danger too all while unintentionally strangling him. So it kinda balances out? And like I said, I liked Toma's small character moment, in terms of antagonists in OP film, he's easily the best of the mooks off the top of my head.

Visually the movie was fine, nothing too stand-out but serviceable. I didn't like all those sweeping zoom in shots we got (happened early on when Zoro encountered the mooks [he even get it after it happened with them] and happened like two more times after that), seemed like the were unnecessary additions to give moments an extra flair. Like, this is a movie so we need the introduction of this building to seem super grand. I doubt anyone else cared about this though. I loved the opening sequence, it was so jarring to see literal murder happening on-screen in a One Piece film and that immediately gave the film a dark pervasive atmosphere, one that put it at an immediate distinction from all the prior movies. The suppose world consuming darkness threat (which seemed reaching to me but whatever) and Red Moon dark color palette matched this pretty well. It's also why they probably ditched the kid angle, this movie seems like it wants to be taken far more seriously than any prior film. Right down to all the villains lacking any of that Oda Charm, except maybe that big guy. Then again, we did have a Hippo-Rhino falling in love with the Merry, levity's gotta come in somewhere.

Also, it's a shame that the One Piece movies are often ignored when it comes to video games because Saga would be an awesome character to play as in a Pirate Warriors game or even Burning Blood. The length of the blade, the fact that it can turn into a snake whip thing, shoot fire projectiles and dark flames in general would be a ton of fun to play around with. I mean, it made the later fights of the movie pretty fun to watch, Luffy vs. Saga was one of the most entertaining battles in One Piece films. Better than any fight in the last few at least, barring maybe the first fight, which I recall being a quick but fun fight.
May 7, 2017 4:04 PM

Oct 2014
Eh. Average movie. The villian was rather uninspired and Zoro was out of character for much of the film. Luffy and Usopp really saved the mid portion as well, as otherwise it was boring. The animation seemed okay to me.

6/10
May 21, 2018 4:43 PM

Jun 2016
This was easily my least favorite movie so far. I think structurally it was better than movies 1-3, maybe not actually 3, but it was way too long and didn't do anything special at all. Movies 1-2 were so out of character or lazy at times that it made it bearable to laugh at. Movie 3 had some good ideas and it was paced fast enough that it was enjoyable. Movie 4 was rule of cool and all action, it didn't take itself seriously and had a great time, while also introducing easily the best supporting cast out of these movies. This one was not laughable, nor was it good at all. I struggled to finish it and wanted to drop it half way in.

We've never heard of Saga before. This means we've changed the past of One Piece correct? As in, Saga was shoehorned into the past to test the waters and make Zoro have a promise that could make him act against his crew. If he is in some way canonical then I apologize for this point, but it feels weak and even somewhat rude to change the source material for a weak plot point like this, one that portrayed Zoro as a bit of an idiot- an idiot who didn't realize Saga was so far gone until their fight scene. Zoro is intelligent and observant. This had him go against the crew for a shoehorned in past and lose some of his best traits. Moreover, I'm not saying we shouldn't try new things, however this movie took One Piece in some weird directions. Sure, Zoro has a cursed sword, but most things in the One Piece universe- if not all, end up being described by natural causes. Devil Fruits or dials for some examples. There hasn't been anything up to the episode I've seen that promoted these kinds of supernatural superstition. In fact it's gone directly against them. To change the past of a major character, make him act out of character to make this point, and then set the tone like it's never been before, a tone that actively goes against stuff that One Piece does, it's like this wasn't even a One Piece movie.

Add in the melodrama of the movie wanting us to care about Saga as a character who's only screen time is overshadowed by him being mind controlled and telling us over and over he's a good guy, or the melodrama of wanting us to care about the 1D Maya or her Grandma or any of the townsfolk, it just doesn't feel like One Piece at all! To be fair the movies do struggle with character writing, I think this was the worst contender. Movie 1 may be the same but it was so short it was excusable. Movie 2 has the two brothers and their journey and aspirations as they fought for each other, it was quite pretty. Movie 3 had Mobambi and his character development, while rushed it was better than Saga's or anyone in this movies. Movie 4 has Shuriaya, Adelle, and Grandpa who all developed and had great dynamics with our crew, while also giving us a good thematic message. This one lacked any of the good supporting characters, wrote Zoro out of character possibly while changing the past, and was the longest to boot.

The villains outside of Toma weren't even named if I recall, and they had fights that lasted about a second. Toma was easily the best new character introduced in this film and he was only good in the fact that they tried to do something with him and gave him a pretty design. Saga had some potential, he lost his arm, and his journey of becoming the sword of justice seemed lost. In his lowest moments he accepted that he wouldn't reach his dream, leaving it behind, and grasping at the sword of power. If he couldn't make it with his dream, then he would force the world to work by his terms so his dream would still be his. He had a "might is right, power is justice" Crocodile type of view. Apart from that he was purely a power hungry, mind controlled goon who transformed alike the villain in the third movie. The only reason we had to like him, or care about him was his backstory which we hardly got and changed the canon(I'm so sorry if I'm not correct about this), and by people telling us he's a good guy. He was probably the most offensive movie villain because at least the others were treated as jokes, Saga was treated like he was important and special while being just as much as a joke in execution. Mind controlled villains is always a bad way to write them, they become pure obstacles and lose any characterization or motives they would have had otherwise. If someone has an example of a good mind controlled villain please let me know, I'm curious if they can exist.

I liked the Sanji, Zoro fight. It was cool to see Zoro kick Sanji's butt. I liked the dialogue because for some reason One Piece movies make some incredibly memorable lines. In this case I adored Zoro telling Toma, "He's not the kind of person you can estimate", after Toma told Zoro he overestimated him. What an amazing way to put it. You can't estimate Luffy, he is a bomb waiting to go off. I loved that there wasn't a Coby version 5 this time, I was sick of the Coby work ins for the child audience to have a surrogate. Apart from that, I hated the length. I hated the writing. I hated the characters. I hated the fights outside of the one I mentioned. I hated how it went against what we've come to expect from One Piece in a weak way that didn't accomplish anything.

4/10, despite being structurally better than some of the others.

Viltas said:
You can hate it all you want, movie 5 has a package that succeeds every other OP movie that is not high budget. The fights were best, the comedy was by far the best. Don't see how THIS is worse than movie 6 at ALL. People have weird taste. The weirdest thing is that people go out and say they don't like how Zorro was portrayed but how in the world is this inferior to movie 6 in that aspect? Almost every character acted out of character in that movie. Puh-lease.

This is why it's my least favorite thus far. Keep in mind I haven't watched movie 6 and when I do, I may agree with you that this piece of garbage is less smelly than that piece of garbage. For the record, I did find this movie ugly but I am not a person who favors visuals, I favor writing.
May 21, 2018 5:03 PM

Jun 2016
Viltas said:
Ah, nice side-stab there. I did include comedy, that's a part of writing. Something One Piece excels at and rarely anyone manages to transfer well for some reason. I'd say I favor an overall experience. Everything has it's influence. I favor writing over no other aspect, and there's plenty that make a movie.

I didn't mean that I favored writing and you didn't, nor did I mean that favoring visuals over writing was bad either. Sorry if it came off that way. You made a point about saying this one was better in everything but budget, and I disagree, I think it does everything worse, or at least most things, and also happen to have a lower budget. I didn't mean it as a way to criticize you, I apologize if it came off that way.
Wouldn't have high expectations for a battleshounen movie anyways~

I don't, I enjoy picking apart why I like and don't like things so I did and thought maybe my opinions on this movie would be a way to show you a perspective that this movie isn't greater than the others in nearly any way. Again, I don't mean anything mean spirited by saying these things, your view that this movie is greater than the others is as valid as mine that it isn't.
But it does leave you scratching your head. How does a series with world building that good manage to make absolutely nothing with it in the movies? Saga was a first step in the right direction with at least some relevance to anything

I think they're too focused on telling a story about the individual adventure rather than telling a story about people and their culture and their world. I exaggerated to say this movie did nothing, as I can see it tried to make a culture and a functioning world around it, even if it ended up feeling as though it was an excuse to show a super punchy battle as it negated everything apart from the stories about the sword, and didn't give it's people depth. I guess another way of saying it is the movies miss the point.
May 21, 2018 6:51 PM

Jun 2016
Viltas said:
Luffy would've probably reacted a bit more serious towards maya than the way he did but the friendship with usopp and luffy really set this apart. I laughed throughout most of the moments they were on screen. Something I'm really missing in other movies. The fooling under the straw hats, feel good fanservice. You know, the LEGENDARY moments.

I was so mad at this movie I forgot about that. I LOVED Luffy and Usopp's portrayal in the caves. Seeing Luffy pull along Usopp for a ride, fearlessly dragging him by his nose as he cowardly yells to stop, and the moments where both dance around happy and childish together, it was good and I actually liked that the most. It was my favorite part of the movie easily. Thanks for reminding me about that, I definitely overlooked it in my rant.

Your points about why you would like Saga make sense too. It's just a difference in what we value. I didn't think Toma was good but he was the only character that had me think about them in detail, apart from the backstory of Saga, so for that he stood out as probably my favorite for design and trying something special, even though I agree it was lackluster in execution.

One of the other things I liked was what you mentioned. The idea that Saga was unable to get power honestly when he needed it so he took it in a rash manner and it consumed him. I like his backstory, I just don't like him apart from that.

I see why you would like this movie more than the others. Thanks for spending the time to let me know. :)
May 13, 2020 8:06 AM
Jul 2017
The best movie out of first 5 movies!! My fav so far
Jul 10, 2020 4:36 PM

Oct 2009
Seabury said:
Eh? My least favorite One Piece movie so far! I hated that storyline, it felt like stereotypical tripe and didn't match at all with what the show usually feels like. Seriously, it's like the story was written beforehand and they just needed to pick a cast from a popular shonen to fill the rolls. If this film were released 10-15 years earlier, I could forgive the plot, but by now no writer should make something like this with a straight face.

Yeah, their performance here was not characteristic at all
This almost looked like just a cheap fanfiction tbh

Besides... what I did not like, in particular, is that the story was too dependant on the will of the chance. This entire plot was driven not as much by the actions or decisions of the characters, but by an endless streak of random events – successively astonishingly lucky at one times and unlucky at others – whatever was most convenient for the story at the time. It was one constant deus ex machina, essentially – and for both sides to boot
Oct 15, 2020 8:19 AM

Sep 2019
This is the best one piece movie I've seen so far. Maa boii Zoro was such a badass in this movie.

The romance between Maya and saga felt genuine no cringe at all loved it.

7/10, Zoro is the main character in this movie it's obvious it'll be my favorite.
Nov 7, 2020 4:32 PM

May 2016
They definitely tried to execute things differently here from the very dynamic camera shots to the sudden introduction of the film's magical aspect but the whole plot in general and the way our beloved characters acted here left a lot to be desired, unfortunately.

The characters were either very one-note for the most part in the movie very out-of-place in terms of how they act. Zoro is one of the most loyal crew members of the Straw Hat Pirates, if not the most loyal, and him casually double-crossing his crew without explaining anything to them was definitely an insult to their bonds together even if it was for the sake of his old friend.

The first half was a chore to go through with not much happening or explaining going on but at least it picked up on the second half where I had a lot more fun watching. Luffy's fighting style being a lot faster and versatile here was a pleasure to watch as well. If only this movie was written better~

Nov 27, 2020 2:03 PM

May 2019
It was fine, a 6/10. My favorite is still movie 4!
Jan 26, 2021 3:31 AM

Dec 2015
This is the worst One Piece movie I've watched so far, the plot was trash, Zoro's chacterisation was incomprehensible also happy ending just because.
sigh...
Dec 11, 2021 10:01 AM

Dec 2020
zoro lore YESSS 🔥🔥🔥 love that for me but tbh i didnt really enjoy this movie as much as the other 4. its still enjoyable and fun just.. not as much. animation is definitely by far the best one but plot was kinda .. Eh. i liked it at the beginning, but after zoro's fight with saga on the red moon part it fell out for me. tohma was the most interesting part for me lol, wished we got more closure for him since we probably wont ever get to see him again
May 6, 2022 5:40 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Out of the first 5 movies, this has to be the worst one.

Even though it took me 5 tries to finish it due to different circumstances, the animation was very poor during so many scenes, Zoro's relationship with Saga wasn't portrayed very well, the plot wasn't interesting and the ending didn't really grab me. Still, it was fine enough thanks to the tall grandma, Luffy's sheinanigans and the hippo. Otherwise my score would have been way lower.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jun 14, 2022 11:16 AM

Nov 2010
Maya is so beautiful! If I was that pirate, I won't punch her in the face like that, but I'll force her to do a lot of sexy stuff for sure. hehe

The first One Piece movie that bored me. It felt like it's one of those filler eps. in the main series. The pacing was awful, the villain was lame, and the fight was average. I had to do barbell exercises just to keep myself awake to finish this. 6/10
Jul 23, 2022 2:52 PM

Apr 2020
I never thought I would drop something from "One Piece"!!!
It didn't give me an OP vibe for a second.
Mar 13, 2023 2:19 AM
Sep 2021
U all like the movie?! This movie is ass! Zoro betraying his crew is something i would NEVER, NEVER, EVER, want to see again.

Oh, and the last part, Nami & Chopper are so out of character, they litterally blushed when they heard the word 'proposing', like both hv nvr been interested in romance, & Robin eating like luffy, the fuck☠️

And Zoro is so rude in this movie it hurts me as a zoro fan
Mar 31, 2023 12:36 PM
Mar 2010
Probably the only time where the main baddie isn't defeated by Luffy. Good stuff.
Jun 8, 2023 3:59 PM

Aug 2019
I'm always impressed at how much the animations change in each film.

This film focused more on Zoro, which I enjoyed because we got to see a different side of him.

Overall, it was a pretty enjoyable film.

I also like Saga’s outfit
Jul 17, 2023 7:22 AM
Oct 2019
YESS!!
This is the improvement that i'm waiting from One Piece Movie.

Definitely an upgrade in terms of Fight Scene Animation.
I'm so glad Zoro did the finishing blow instead of Luffy again.

7/10
Sep 26, 2023 2:32 PM

Feb 2023
this movie was actually really good and the quality??? so nice and enjoyable frfr fave part gotta be when zoro and saga fought under the moon
Mar 13, 10:25 AM

Jun 2017
fantastic movie .Easily my top among the first five i saw till date..For a first it moved away from the constrained recipe which OP sticks .The villain wasn't a black and white character but had a compelling history while made him what he is at present.Props to the storytelling ,it didn't overarch his tale rather meshed with as the present events took form.
Gave a glimpse of Zoro, whom for most of it is/was still shrouded in mystery.Rarely had he shown his vulnerable side in front of anybody ,prior.It was interesting watching him turn mentally impair and battle it out between his past resolutions and the principles which he had and should adhere to.
Probably the best thing i enjoyed was the lack of Luffy shenanigans .After a long time the climax felt real ,glorious,tangible giving a closure to mine built up expectation and emotions.
The romance was done well .It was not the prima focus but the catalyst which propelled the story.
I give it a 9 on the scale.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.