Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 7, 2014 11:44 AM

Jan 2010
Tis episode is unexpected g00d
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 7, 2014 12:02 PM

May 2012
nice Ange and Hilda will team up.. Destroy this rotten world of wew Lelouch..

Dec 7, 2014 12:12 PM

Oct 2009
This show is obviously not a masterpiece, but I can't stop watching it and it's even entertaining, it's growing episode after episode...

Boltz said:
I have a feeling Ange will ride the dragons straight into the empire and teach those snobs the meaning of fear.

I hope so, and if it will happen I will cheer for the dragons!
Dec 7, 2014 12:13 PM

Mar 2013
jackaus said:
bjorno said:
Good episode, it seems we are back on that "island". I wonder how things are going to progress from here.

Dragon princess shows up, wrack the place up good and Ange came save the day, unveil a face for the dragons, possible some origin of magic.

My take on the story if i am writing the plot:

there is some world wide organization like NERV somewhere harvesting dragons to power some magic generator that gives people magic all over the planet, but that upsets the balance of something and they use Nomar to attract these dragons so they would catch more of them to power those magic generators in a relative safe environment...

Ange once learn of what actually behind all that may go down destroying these generator to make every body norma again!

That's a pretty solid theory. If this is actually what happens I look forward to the reaction of the Norma-hating public ehehehe
SalemWitchDec 7, 2014 12:31 PM
Dec 7, 2014 12:25 PM

May 2014
Considering that the intermission and opening show Ange in a ruined city with dragons overhead, I'm sure we will get to dragon attacks on humans.
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Dec 7, 2014 12:50 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
If you watched the preview, it's very clear this series is very self-conscious about how ridiculous it is.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 7, 2014 12:57 PM

Jul 2010
Now Ange becomes the enemy of humanity.
yeo
Dec 7, 2014 1:20 PM

Jan 2014
YES!! AMAZING!!! ANGE <3333
Dec 7, 2014 1:39 PM

Nov 2011
i hate you tusk
Destroy the bullshit world!
Hate Keeps me warm
Dec 7, 2014 1:53 PM
Nov 2013
Tusk to the rescue! Couldn't contain my laughter at the "You're blonde down there too" part haha.

Everyone in the Misurugi Empire is disgusting. Glad Ange finally figured that out. Even though the rest of the Norma's are angry at them, I can't wait to see them destroy the world.
Dec 7, 2014 2:42 PM

Apr 2012
this show isn't that terrible lol. In fact, I find it pretty entertaining

though it is not great by any means

Dec 7, 2014 3:07 PM

May 2011
Man this show deserves full 52 ep run. those good "bad" shows are the best. It's like nobunaga the fool .

And Ange's bitchiness only increases the fun. If she was normal plain girl I'd probably die of boredom
ma_koDec 7, 2014 4:32 PM
Dec 7, 2014 3:35 PM

Apr 2011
Y'know, if Ange hadn't been such a horrible, unlikeable, horrific little bitch this entire series, this episode might have felt like taking a level of badass. Instead it was that horrible little cunt escaping her comeuppance yet again. At least I got to see her get whipped and humiliated and sucker-punched, that was nice.

Now the cunt that gets everyone close to her killed wants to watch the whole world burn. Just as long as you throw your own carcass on the fire afterwards, I'm fine with that.

Damn you, Tusk. Why couldn't you have just been a minute or two later in getting there? At least let her choke and gasp for a little bit. And he immediately plants himself face-first in her crotch again, giving Ange all the excuse she wants to be her usual hateful, abusive self. Sigh, this joke never gets old to you, does it Japan?

It's ironic that Norma are treated as violent, antisocial monsters, and while the show clearly wants us to see that isn't true, in Ange's case, every syllable of it is. It's hard to sympathize with her when she deserves every bit of what she gets.

I really just want to drop this shit, I can't stand Ange at all, but I really do wanna know where things go. I guess I can bear to put up with her for a few more episodes, as long as Tusk the human punching bag stays away.
Blind_GuardianDec 7, 2014 3:45 PM
Dec 7, 2014 4:05 PM

Jul 2010
I like Ange and Hilda scenes in this ep, lets destroy the world! Also Tusk is adorkable.
Dec 7, 2014 5:02 PM

Jun 2014
yo, i am REALLY excited for Ange and Hilda Vs. the World. YEAHHH little redhead girl! You don't a SHIT that ange deserted! Poor pink haired girl probaly feels really betrayed, but they didn't even stay to listen to ange tell why she left in the first place.
These episode previews always get me so nervous though. With Ange no longer in the V-machine theres no one to stop the death toll from rising again. Especially now that the group is fractured, and all their trust in ange and hilda is gone.
oh mannnnn
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Dec 7, 2014 5:28 PM

Aug 2014
Sigh... I really don't understand why Tusk fanservice was even necessary.
Their "love development" is so rushed.

Sigh...

This anime...

Honestly everything that happens was extremely expected with its half baked plot.
However... man... Nana Mizuki's insert song is absolutely beautiful. Outstanding. So sublime.
I wished they would had included THIS insert instead of the one used in episode 5 with Ange and Tusk on her new single coming out on January.
Dec 7, 2014 5:41 PM

Apr 2012
Good ep.
Destroy the world! (Hope Hilda channels her inner Nanoha lol)

Here's Slyvia proclaiming that norma are violent, antisocial and all that. Yet she's also the one whipping Ange up (and probably enjoying it too). Who's violent now?
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Dec 7, 2014 6:28 PM

Dec 2013
I like where this anime is heading
Dec 7, 2014 7:05 PM

Aug 2008
Wow, Misurugi looks like a terrible place to live. Ange asked herself a very good question: why even bother defending these people?

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Dec 7, 2014 7:30 PM

Aug 2008
Can't believe I am enjoying this anime.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Dec 7, 2014 9:40 PM

Sep 2012
Ange and Hilda teaming up Let's Destroy the World.

Dec 7, 2014 9:52 PM

Jan 2011
LoL Ange talking about how no ones died in a while in the preview

Yep i'm still on board with this show hope in the end Ange destroys the empire and fucks shit up because why not
Dec 7, 2014 11:26 PM

Oct 2013
jackaus said:
bjorno said:
Good episode, it seems we are back on that "island". I wonder how things are going to progress from here.

Dragon princess shows up, wrack the place up good and Ange came save the day, unveil a face for the dragons, possible some origin of magic.
Jesus christ...learn to use spoiler tags you idiot.
Dec 8, 2014 12:06 AM
Nov 2014
Zaitokukai said:
jackaus said:

spoiler what? it is from the official Japanese TV guide synopsis what happen in the next episode... and the preview footage and educated Guess..
Dec 8, 2014 12:31 AM

May 2014
Zaitokukai said:
jackaus said:

Zaitokukai said:
jackaus said:

None of that has actually happened yet, so it's not a true spoiler. Unless someone who traveled into the future and completed Cross Ange can verify that, lol.

But honestly, anyone that afraid of spoilers should stay away from forums or reviews.
Dec 8, 2014 2:08 AM

Sep 2014
cringed at the crowd chanting "Hang her" and clapping

Characters are still sometimes being drawn awkwardly.

Awkward having the ED song start playing at the same time as the ED animation, whereas the ED song started before the ED animation.

so...apparently blonde crotch hair is possible...
Darstorm-SandudeDec 8, 2014 2:12 AM
I don't consider myself a good judge.

trying not to be an obnoxious otaku
Dec 8, 2014 2:13 AM

Jul 2008
I hope Tusk is used in a more serious way in the future with action along the way. It will definitely get annoying for me fast if they keep using him as a fanservice tool on Ange and his perverted talks are starting to tick me off a bit.

That aside, love the fact that Ange and Hilda wanna team up against the world (code geass style) :D From the way things are heading, there has got to be a huge rebellion between the norma and humans which would be an epic war :)
Dec 8, 2014 2:22 AM

Jun 2008
Where's the Ange x Hilda fanart?

I hope this show goes exactly where this episode suggested and Ange and Hilda go on a murderous rampage.
Dec 8, 2014 5:36 AM
Jul 2018
Haha Tusk coming in, I figured he'd come in the nick of time to rescue Angelise, but he made quite the entrance though.

I can see this "greeting" is going to be used for the remainder of their subsequent meetings.. So all Angelise needs is to scream HENTAI!!

This episode was a good way to completely develop Angelise, and Hilda. I am glad they're getting along. I anticipate their Project Destroy "ZA WARUDO".
Dec 8, 2014 5:39 AM

Apr 2014
Yeah I predict that they will figure a way to tame the dragons and then unleash them on the Humans. Maybe they are drawn to Mana?
Dec 8, 2014 6:25 AM

Jan 2013
That "reunion" of Ange and Tusk was hilarious, poor guy got knocked over by her while trying to save her (and it's funny that he had an happy face while unconscious) "your hair is yellow, and so it is down there".

Well, the "humans" really are messed up. And so is Ange, trying to burn the world now?

And the new "alpha bitch" like bastek said (that made me laugh), never thought that she would turn out like that. Good development.
Dec 8, 2014 7:06 AM

May 2013
THIS IS Cross Ange. And I hope the next episodes will not fail to my expectations about this series.

But, I had this facepalm moment when one of Ange's "friend" told that she was lying to them. Like gosh, Ange didn't knew it either in her 16 years of existence. How dumb and racist this mana users can be? And oh, I suddenly remembered Shinji (FSN) when Julio was scratched in his fave by Ange. That was amazing and he deserves it.

Tusk having his fanservice hilarious entrance is pure gold. When he sleep, LMAO. But I bet he can do more than that. And he's a Vilkiss Knight huh? But dat 'blonde down there' moment. Wish he and Ange has more moments!

Props for Nana Mizuki. As expected of her.

I'm actually good in this alliance between Hilda and Ange destroying this rotten world. I bet the dragons will help them too. Man, I have more to say but overall, it felt too short!
The world shall know the truth soon.
Dec 8, 2014 9:16 AM
Nov 2014
SweetCoconut said:

Tusk having his fanservice hilarious entrance is pure gold. When he sleep, LMAO. But I bet he can do more than that. And he's a Vilkiss Knight huh? But dat 'blonde down there' moment. Wish he and Ange has more moments!

This fan service part is too forced, cause The lucky bastard dont need to said such stupid compromise .. cause when he patch her up with the snake bite, the poor girl was totally naked ... it doesnt require him another crotch moment to promote him give that remark...
Dec 8, 2014 9:30 AM
Nov 2014
KazuhoYoshii said:
Considering that the intermission and opening show Ange in a ruined city with dragons overhead, I'm sure we will get to dragon attacks on humans.

Tusk's past memory confirms that actually happen for real, when I do believe is dragons did once attacked cities in other nations in the planet, but that was perhaps before the formation of the Arzenal base which lure the dragons over to that place.

So far what we can guess was (educated guess via description from offical bio in the official site http://crossange.com/character/embryo/): That guy appeared in the scene in the OP where Ange's cloths got torn was some guy knows the secret (technology) of the ancient past, (pause that scene, one can find a Mech with designs totally different from the Paramail series the girls use, which i predict be the Final boss machine.)
Assume the time before the Magic power became normal for the people in this world. He would be the person behind the Mech (paramail) machines and even the science related to formation of magic.

It is also predictable the dragons coming over may be connected to the Norma abnormality, they would be attracting the dragons in one way or another. Or they are the best weapon to defeat the dragons since magic can be used on them...

we certainly will learn a little more in the next two episode when the dragon princess shows up at last.

The amount of mystery setup is rather solid in Cross Ange. The last show that feature big flying monsters vs mech that was Macross Frontier fell far short in setting up the mystery of the monsters. I look forward for satisfying explanation of the world background.
jackausDec 8, 2014 9:41 AM
Dec 8, 2014 11:18 AM

Oct 2013
ShanaFlame said:
I hope Tusk is used in a more serious way in the future with action along the way. It will definitely get annoying for me fast if they keep using him as a fanservice tool on Ange and his perverted talks are starting to tick me off a bit.

Yea,likewise. On one side I found the crotch-landing and "You're blond down there too." funny Cross-Ange style but on the other,it kind of ruined what could've been a great rescue moment. It'll also indeed start to get old if they keep it up.

Loved the ep as usual otherwise though,including those hilarious self-aware previews :P
Dec 8, 2014 12:16 PM

Feb 2014
Wow the empire of Misurugi is full of ignorant racist people. It's actually petty upsetting.

Of course Tusk would make that kind of entrance when he comes in to save the day...Although the thing where he's a knight of Vilkiss is pretty interesting. Does that mean he's a norma, too?

OH POOR JULIO HE GOT A BOO BOO

Aww Hilda and Ange became friends :) and they also start taking about a revolution (but then again if they kill everyone then how will the norma make more babies? Tusk???). But it's kinda weird how they say things like: "oh we don't have enough fuel to get to the human world" but Tusk can fly over between Arzenal and the empire of Misurugi just fine...

And yuss the dragon princess comes next episode! Maybe she'll help with the whole rebellion thing, but she could also just be an enemy...I look forward to seeing what kind of role she plays in future episodes!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 8, 2014 4:35 PM

Jun 2011
I was kinda hopin' Jukio would be more then just an asshole. . . .preview we get to see him so maybe there is still some hope.
Dec 8, 2014 10:27 PM

May 2014
Though I see the use of the word racism, I don't think it's the right term concerning the Norma. The Norma are not a race or ethnic group, but mutants who lack the mana abilities of humans.

If anything, it's moreso an extreme form of ableism, or just simply discrimination.
Dec 9, 2014 6:04 AM

May 2013

Holy crap, Nana Mizuki's rival is Yui Horie. OMG

Mod edit:
Spoiler button added.
AversaDec 9, 2014 2:31 PM
The world shall know the truth soon.
Dec 9, 2014 12:33 PM

Apr 2010
If this episode confirmed one thing than it confirmed who the true monsters are.
I still believe the name Norma is a hint to normal but i guess things will be answered in time, so far we know that Norma can't use Mana and that they can destroy some things with mana.
But that's no excuse for this massive disgust against them, Ange used to be respected and looked up too before people knew she was a Norma.
Now they want her death even her own little sister who seemed to adore her at first and the girl who had her life saved by Ange wanted her death.
This society isn't only brainwashed they can't even think for themselves and are pure hypocrites, who ever brainwashed them did a good job they seem very easy to control.

Then we come to Julio i purposely didn't mention him till know.
The guy we seems so obsessed with power that he betrayed his own family in order the gain power, he set up his sister gave the comment to shoot his own mother and killed his father.
Since the first episode he seems the main bad guy and i already imagine him dying in a brutal way (He deserves it).
It's also clear now that he knows where Angry was being held and that he set up a trap when Ange came.

The things that's been standing out to me tho is not him but his guard/advisor the woman with the grey hair and yellow eyes.
I have thought so since the first episode but to me it seems she has a bigger role then just being a guard/advisor.
It looks like she is manipulating Julio i do not know to what extend but it's clear she holds power and she is in the perfect position to do so.
I would not be surprised if she gets a bigger role in the future and i even see her backstabbing Julio at some point (Which would be a scene i would love to see).
Dec 9, 2014 1:44 PM

Dec 2008
If a bishonen risks his life to save mine, he can put his face wherever he likes...crotch included.

Sent with Mal Updater
Dec 9, 2014 10:48 PM

Apr 2014
I bet they'll find a way to use those dragons and rekt the whole Misurugi Kingdom!
Dec 10, 2014 6:19 AM

Nov 2011
Yay!
Finally, the plot has a purpose, perhaps.
Narration more than convincing, even explanations collide.
A protagonist who does not take place at all can not be said that it is Ange proves it! XD
Good characterization of Angelise and the rest of the cast, although there is need more time, however, so succulent growth of its profile, is more than adequate for me.
But it is unfortunate that the level of the designs was so poor, I hope we can remedy in BD.
I'm happy to see Hilda safely, I feared more for her than for Ange, since she was a character almost secondary.
Now, I'm curious to see how it will recover all they have lost.
Dec 11, 2014 8:02 AM

Apr 2013
Fate and Nanoha finally make up.
Dec 11, 2014 6:33 PM

Apr 2011
Darstorm-Sandude said:
cringed at the crowd chanting "Hang her" and clapping

Characters are still sometimes being drawn awkwardly.

Awkward having the ED song start playing at the same time as the ED animation, whereas the ED song started before the ED animation.

so...apparently blonde crotch hair is possible...

I was chanting 'Hang her!' right along with them ...

As for the blonde bush, apparently you don't watch much porn, do you? I'm guessing you haven't heard the phrase 'Does the carpet match the drapes?' either ...

P.S. Series has been dropped. I simply cannot stand Ange's continued existence for one second longer. As far as I'm concerned, Tusk got there too late, Ange strangled to death to massive applause, and the world was thus a better place.
Blind_GuardianDec 11, 2014 6:55 PM
Dec 11, 2014 7:17 PM

Nov 2008
its weird, im actually rooting for her to destroy the world and burn it to the ground. feels weird though, anyone else get the same feeling from watching this episode?

Dec 16, 2014 4:23 AM

Jul 2008
MgMaster said:

Yea,likewise. On one side I found the crotch-landing and "You're blond down there too." funny Cross-Ange style but on the other,it kind of ruined what could've been a great rescue moment. It'll also indeed start to get old if they keep it up.

Loved the ep as usual otherwise though,including those hilarious self-aware previews :P
Mhmm, the show can go the distance if the producers choose to do so, right now it kinda felt like they can achieve that but they purposely wanna keep it mediocre on purpose which is sad :S
Dec 16, 2014 11:12 AM

Feb 2007
Noodle070 said:
Wow the empire of Misurugi is full of ignorant racist people. It's actually petty upsetting.

And not just the empire either. Remember, if what we've been told so far is true, from back when Ange was writing her petitions, and the signs pointing to the empire being crossed out suggest that it is, quite a bit of what Julio was doing this time was to improve his and the empire's standing among other countries after the Norma scandal. It's all "humans" in this world, not just this one country.
Dec 17, 2014 12:40 PM

Jun 2010
once again anime has succeeded in pissing me off. so out off all those imbecilic guards with guns nobody though about shooting her legs during her "great escape"
and c'mon singing towards the gallows. hated because of the way you were born. meh so much for originality.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Dec 18, 2014 2:35 AM

Oct 2008
Skullcrusher said:
This show is obviously not a masterpiece, but I can't stop watching it and it's even entertaining, it's growing episode after episode...

Boltz said:
I have a feeling Ange will ride the dragons straight into the empire and teach those snobs the meaning of fear.

I hope so, and if it will happen I will cheer for the dragons!

yeah...I also think that would be the case, just look at the middle part cut wherein Ange stands-up with the dragon flying...If Ange takes full control of the dragons, hell will really go down to all those royalties.

ALSO
KazuhoYoshii said:

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

331 by jiashun02 »»
Oct 22, 2023 3:16 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

194 by Babieca009 »»
Aug 17, 2023 5:51 PM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

285 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Jul 17, 2023 4:24 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

151 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Jul 17, 2023 3:38 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2015

174 by FedeMetal »»
Jul 1, 2023 9:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.