Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 6, 2014 1:40 AM

Feb 2010
When Yuu came to, he found himself wrapped up in a giant leaf, the heat of a campfire beating against his face. Across from him, the old man's face was lit with the fire's orange glow, as he sipped at his tea.

"You are finally with us again, take a seat." The old man said, gesturing to a spot by the campfire.

The man lifted up a boiling pot, pouring it into a cup, "Would you like some tea?"

Yuu looked at him, frantically shaking his head and making wild gestures and animalistic sounds.
The old man chuckled knowingly, "Don't worry, it won't make you see things like your friends."

It seemed this man could understand Yuu, yet Yuu still decline the man's offer.

The old man sipped at the tea he had just poured, "More for me then, hu hu hu." he chuckled.

"I...Yuu....who...you?" Yuu said, making gestures.

"My name is Eerie...also known as one of the rokunin...though that was a long time ago." Eerie sad, stroking his long straggled, unkempt beard with sad eyes.

"Roku...nin..." Yuu muttered.

"Now, you said you were a wood user...if you are, plant, and grow, this seed." Eerie said, as he held up a single seed.
"Once it's grown, a tree should bloom with hundreds of beautiful flowers, and one of them should have the scroll."

Yuu looked at old man Eerie, "You use wood jutsu?" he asked.

"In a sense." the old man simply replied.

"In...nocence?" Yuu misunderstood.

"No no no, not innocence young Yuu, I mean that it's more complicated than you think. I do, yet I don't, both at the same time." Eerie sipped at his tea some more until he reached the bottom, looking into his cup with a mixture of sadness and happiness.

"At the bottom of every cup, there's a little happiness...but I am always sad when I finish drinking my tea! HUWA HUWA HUWA!" The old man beamed.
"I come for all who grow, crawl, and walk. I am the perfect hunter. In the end, I am the victor."

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jan 14, 2015 3:31 AM

Feb 2010
Yuu planted the seed, forming some seals then covering it with his hands, focusing his chakra into it. In no time at all the seed sprouted, then grew into a large tree, hundreds of flowers blooming.

Eerie watched in awe, his disappointment from having finished his tea forgotten. Seeing Yuu grow the tree, he was reminded of a children's pop-up book.
"Very impressive..."

Yuu looked around at the flowers, as a branch reached out to him as a flower bloomed, revealing the scroll of the first hokage.
Yuu looked at the scroll for a second, then poked it. It wobbled. Then he took it.

Old-man Eerie was pouring himself another cup of tea as Yuu opened it.
"I should think some of the jutsu will come to you with ease. Others would be far above your level yet. I've been using the basic elemental natures in conjunction with each other for years, and could barely utilise the power of nature."
The old man sipped his tea.
"Go on, try one."

The first jutsu Yuu saw as he opened the scroll was the wood-clone technique, requiring the tiger, dog, and snake signs, with a little diagram beside the instructions showing chakra flow.

Yuu followed the scroll, and with almost too much ease, a wooden clone of himself emerged from his body.
Yuu crouched, backing away from it, his clone doing the same, as they then approached each other on all fours, sniffing at each other. Then Yuu reach out, his clone mirroring him, as they both touched the other's index finger with their's. Then Yuu did something else the scroll told him about the jutsu, and changed the shape of his clone, turning it into a small seed.

Yuu was please, and it seemed the old man was too, as he was clapping.

"Well done my little yew tree. How about another? I see you have a bow, perhaps the cutting technique will find a place in your arsenal?" the old man said, sipping his tea.

Yuu trailed down the list of jutsu until he found the one Eerie was talking about, again it utilised his own cells, and this time it required only one hand seal. Ram. Odd for a wood jutsu, but even so he tried it, focusing his chakra.
A spear of wood emerged from his hand, as he threw it upwards he formed the hand seal, causing it to explode in a myriad of piercing shards, creating a wooden net above them.

Eerie whistled, standing up.
"Now it's time to teach you how to manipulate your water element better, it will make your wood jutsu stronger as well.
Old-man Eerie formed a hand seal, as the trees and vines around him began to creak and move to his will.

Yuu was stunned, looking at the trees, thinking the old man was like him.

"Don't be fooled young Yuu, this is but a trick. I am simply focusing my water-natured chakra into the trees and vines, infecting the water inside of them, then manipulating the water to bend the trees. It is a highly advanced technique, and also requires earth nature to be used independently from it to allow water from the earth flow into the trees more easily...and more. To do this, you need to split your mind into 2 or 3 pieces, utilises multiple jutsu simultaneously...so far I am the only shinobi alive who is able to do so...my...'talent,' has allowed me to master all chakra natures, though sadly i do not have a kekkei genkai." Eerie explained.

"But to use two natures independently but simultaneously, not only did i need to master all the basic chakra natures, but i needed to understand the advanced chakra natures, and master the basics of chakra control and manipulation." Eerie finished.

Yuu didn't understand much of what Eerie was saying, but he understood enough about jutsu, since he made sure to learn all the words relating to ninjutsu early on, to understand somewhat of what the old geezer did, and how difficult it was.

"Now little yew tree, it is time for me to tutor you in the way of chakra natures."

(learned wood clone & wood cutting)
JyenhFeb 23, 2015 10:28 PM
"I come for all who grow, crawl, and walk. I am the perfect hunter. In the end, I am the victor."

Feb 23, 2015 11:28 PM

Feb 2010
Eerie told Yuu about chakra natures, giving examples of each.

"There are many chakra elements, earth..." the old man used an earth technique, creating a ravine between him and Yuu, "water," again, he used a technique, this time using the underground water veins to pump the ravine full of water, "Fire," as he said it, the ground started to grow hot, steam coming from the now boiling water, "wind," the wind picked up, swirling around Yuu, "and finally..." the old man formed a seal, "lightning," as soon as he said the word a bolt of lightning came from the heavens, electricity skittering through the whirling air and over the water.

"These are the basic elements."

Yuu looked quizzical, which Eerie answered his unsaid question, "however, you use a kekkei genkai, an advanced element, a combination of water," the old man form a hand seal, "and earth." The old man's jutsu took effect, funnelling water through the ground that he infused with his chakra into the trees around him, making them move.

"of course, mine is just a trick from having complete mastery over the elements, it can’t compare to yours. But still, although you have your wood element Yuu, you still have to train the water and earth elements. All the elements help each other; that is why the kekkei genkai are so powerful."

Yuu understood, his english had gotten somewhat better, but the demonstrations Eerie gave helped.

"You may come across other elements...such as," Eerie spewed forth water, as a gust of chilling air rushed through it, freezing the water to ice, "Ice."

Yuu was astonished.

"And lava." Eerie opened up the ground, pointing to the fire he had made a while ago, as it had formed into magma with the rock under ground.

"There's also boil release," Eerie continued, indicting the scorching steam.

"There are many more, but I think we have company, my young yew tree."

Yuu sniffed the air, he couldn't smell anything, but then anbu appeared in the trees. One of them stood up, speaking in a commanding tone.

"Eerie, if you will not stay in a cell, you'll have to stay in he-" as if only just noticing, he saw Yuu. "and abducting an earth-nation ninja, how low you have fallen."

With a signal of his hand, the anbu directed the others to attack Eerie with the intent to kill, but even after he directed them, not one of them obeyed.
"What's wrong?! get hi-" the anbu leader said as he turned around, cut short of the sight, "Release! it's a genjutsu! he'll get away!" he commanded, as all the anbu channelled their chakra, shattering the genjutsu, but it had given Eerie time.

------------------

Eerie had set a basic genjutsu up around the area, giving him enough time to use his four-arms jutsu, a jutsu allowing him to grow another pair of arms, his own clan jutsu.
“I think it’s time you children go back to bed.” Old-man Eeire said, as both sets of his arms started forming single-handed hand seals.
water style: water manipulation jutsu, earth style: water vein jutsu, water style: grudge rain jutsu, wind style: cold cloud jutsu
With four jutsu being simultaneously cast, Eerie had ‘faked’ two kekkei genkai, his earth jutsu allowing a tunnel for his water chakra to flow through, into the surrounding trees, and the water jutsu, normally causing it to rain, but combined with a wind jutsu that creates a cold wind high above, causing it to hail sharp shards instead.

------------------
As soon as the anbu regrew composure, sharp shards of ice started descending from the sky, causing discomfort, and every now and then, pain.
“It’s a low calliber ice jutsu! Use fire!”
Three anbu in the back row started spewing fire from their mouths, melting the ice, causing a frosted mist to fall over the area. Then vegetative tendrils started picking anbu off, one by one, undetected due to the cover.
“We’ve lost visual acuity! Clear the mists!” Again, three anbu used wind-style to blow the mist away, only to uncover a graveyard of their comrades, strangled, captured, skewered, and asphyxiated by vines and branches.
“Dear gods-” one of the anbu let out.
Eerie and Yuu were nowhere to be seen.
“Hyuuga!”
”BYAKUGAN!”
One of the Hyuuga pointed in a direction, “they haven’t gotten far!” and so the anbu set off.

------------
As soon as Eerie made some distance he formed 2 sets of hand seal – requiring both hands – 20 seals for one, 37 for the other, then placed his hands on the ground.
“Yuu, stay close to me, it’s about to get a little steamy,” Eerie said, letting out a chuckle.
Yuu nodded, he seemed strangely worn out, not just of chakra, but mentally and physically.

------------
The anbu regrouped around Eerie and Yuu.
“You look short a few numbers captain, they must be having a wonderful picnic!”
“Shut it old man! You’ve already killed 7 of my platoon, but you can’t deal with 13 of us by yourself!”
Eerie looked bemused, “Can’t I?”
Seemingly out of nowhere the ground started to shake, causing the anbu to jump to the branches above.
“Captain, there’s a lot of chakra flowing underground, like, a lot, a lot,” remarked a Hyuuga.
“It’s obvious you’re using an earth jutsu, give it up Eerie.”
The shaking ground cracked open, as steaming geysers burst from the ground, the steam hot enough to melt skin.
The screams of the anbu could be heard as their flesh began to peel, 2 anbu took initiative, one sealing the geysers with earth jutsu, another using wind jutsu to blow the steam away.
Most of the anbu were down with severe burns as the captain grit his teeth, forming seals,
“FIREBALL JUTSU!” The anbu captain spewed forth a great ball of fire towards Eerie, who formed hand signs, calling a wall of earth to rise up and defend the attack, but ceasing his geysers. With his other hands, Eerie was simultaneously fueling a fire-jutsu, which now that his water jutsu had ended, could take effect.
The pressure started to build up under the ground, until the anbu’s earth jutsu couldn’t hold anymore. From the ground, plumes of lava rose up, the trees catching on fire and the remaining anbu – spare the captain – falling to the sheer power of the technique, even if it was only for a short time.
Eerie stood up, formed hand seals, and caused rain to fall upon the area, dowsing the flames.

“So captain, is a life of fighting really worth dying for?”
------------
Yuu had seen up to where Eerie called forth his plumes of lava, awe-struck and hot, he had fallen unconscious.
When he awoke, however, he found himself sitting in a cool pool of water naked, old-man Eerie was there too, also naked…and humming.
“Good morning Yuu, would you like to start you day, with a lovely, warm cup of tea?” Eerie said, grinning and holding a tea cup.
“You will need it, today marks the start of your training.”

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Character Information

Psynergi - Aug 4, 2014

40 by wolfman2299 »»
Aug 11, 2020 1:42 PM

» Rumble at the Border - The Flowing Steel of the Sand, part 3

Psynergi - Nov 17, 2016

36 by Shadow543 »»
Jun 20, 2017 2:33 AM

» The Twin Demons

baxter09 - Jan 28, 2017

20 by MikuIzumi »»
Feb 22, 2017 11:14 AM

» The road through Konoha - The Flowing Steel of the Sand, Part 2

Psynergi - Jul 30, 2016

25 by Psynergi »»
Nov 17, 2016 12:33 AM

Sticky: » Chakra Points

Psynergi - Aug 5, 2014

31 by Shadow543 »»
Nov 13, 2016 5:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.