Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 5, 2014 6:23 PM

Jan 2013
I just dnt get it , what happened , they watched meteor shower , then scene where she draw chicken , Yuki comes ( says random shit like always) , then school , what happened to Kakeru , wtf have i been watching this entire time
Dec 5, 2014 6:26 PM

Mar 2013
I'll give a reward to the one who can explain that shit correctly without failing a word
Dec 5, 2014 6:30 PM

Jan 2013
my explanation is that they were both on LSD ... they have LSD adiction
Dec 6, 2014 11:42 PM

Sep 2011
yukishiromei said:
I'll give a reward to the one who can explain that shit correctly without failing a word

Bad Anime Simulator 2k14.
Dec 6, 2014 11:43 PM

Jul 2012
Where are the Glasslip fans/priests when you actually need them?
Dec 16, 2014 4:37 AM

May 2013
Everyone ends up with their pairings.
Kakeru(David) x Touka
Yuki x Yanagi
Hiro x Sacchi

At the end when Kakeru's tent went missing, it implied that he went on the tour with his mom. When Touka's vision was seeing Kakeru and her friends were watching the fireworks in the winter, it implies yhat later in the winter Kakeru returns from the tour to watch the fireworks with Touka(his lover) and their friends. Happy ending :D

Kakeru and Touka gets married in the future. THE END
Dec 16, 2014 5:15 AM

Dec 2013
Lol there is no explanation.

It's just shit.
Dec 19, 2014 5:55 AM

Jul 2013
Shomix said:
I just dnt get it , what happened , they watched meteor shower , then scene where she draw chicken , Yuki comes ( says random shit like always) , then school , what happened to Kakeru , wtf have i been watching this entire time

To summarise and easier to understand.

Basically nothing has changed and its like watching episode 1 where the main boy protagonist didn't live in that village
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 19, 2014 5:57 AM

Dec 2014
Nothing happened. There's basically no explanation. Don't waste your time. The writers just threw together a whole bunch of nothing and called it plot.
Dec 23, 2014 2:11 PM
Apr 2014
Probably the worse anime I've ever seen. Completely shit. The bitch was sketching chickens that's how you know this show was going to be ass.

The ending as it is, completely, absolutely, so disappointing, a letdown, makes completely no sense or even if it did I still wouldn't care because the show is horrible.

1/10 rating.

----I write my forum posts high----
Anime is best at your Highest content.
Dec 26, 2014 7:35 PM
Mar 2012
WatchAnimeBaked said:
Probably the worse anime I've ever seen. Completely shit. The bitch was sketching chickens that's how you know this show was going to be ass.

The ending as it is, completely, absolutely, so disappointing, a letdown, makes completely no sense or even if it did I still wouldn't care because the show is horrible.

1/10 rating.

----I write my forum posts high----

You have to watch Arcana Famiglia then.
Dec 26, 2014 7:36 PM

Jul 2012
I love how this thread's been here for a month but there's no reasonable answers yet.

This proves Glasslip is Glasshit! <3
Dec 26, 2014 11:06 PM

Feb 2014
Shomix said:

Summer break come to an end, everybody goes back to their usual routine (new routine for some) and the last "suspense" we get is wether Takeru moves or not, which is left unanswered. Really, theres nothing much to get from it if we are only paying attention to the story, still its harsh to say its nothing or something about nothing, because this is how it goes for most anime we watch.

Its been a while since I watched it so there might be a lot of things I'm not taking into consideration. I'm currently hoping for a BD release (chances are little, not enough moe for the enconders to embrace), so I can appear later to contribute with more, or defend.
Dec 28, 2014 8:25 AM

Apr 2011
whoever liked this needs mental help, seriously, horrible anime.
Dec 28, 2014 8:26 AM

Jan 2013
The end is a metaphor for the viewers intense desire to kill themselves.

It is riveting and quite possibly the most apt analogue of what being an anime watching weaboo faggot does to a person emotionally.
Dec 28, 2014 11:27 AM

May 2014
They literally took the worst parts of nagi no asukara, made the characters more unlikable and stupid jerks, and then toped it off with a boring, waste of time, and comfusing plot and horrible ending.
Aug 18, 2018 8:34 PM
Aug 2018
here guys, found this on reddit your welcome. honestly y’all are just lazy analyze the show and actually think, some animes aren’t for all ppl🤷🏻‍♀️

Explanation below>>

My goodness, people, I don't understand what is so complicated about this show that everyone has troubles comprehending. Everything's very, VERY simple.

There are two main characters in this show, around who evolves the main theme of the show: feeling oneself at home.

Jonathan is not a mere chicken! Learn your director already! Nishimura Junji uses chickens all the time in his shows! This is his freaking trope! Go watch True Tears if you don't believe me. It also has snow and chickens. As for Glasslip, most of the times Jonathan represents Kakeru himself. To be more precise it represents the problems that Kakeru struggles with.

Remember the 1st episode? The scene where Kakeru meets Touko at school for the first time? The dialogue about free-range Jonathan vs living in a cell? Have you all forgotten about it? If yes, it's now the best time to recall it! Kakeru, having no particular place where he feels at home, is the one who DOESN'T like the concept of free-range animals. Kakeru shows Touko how dangerous a life for Jonathan is if it's up to go around wherever it wants. Kakeru is the one who says that he'd rather live in a cell - he's tired to change his place of living all the time. He wants his home to be set in stone like a cell for an animal.

Why the heck do you think Kakeru lives in the tent? Have you ever even tried to think about it? It's so freaking simple - because he changes houses all the time, because his family always moves from one city to another! So the only CONSTANT place for him where he can sleep and feel himself home is his freaking tent! This IS his cell that always stay the same, regardless where he is located geographically.

Do you understand why there's always such an accent on the sea birds crying in the show? They DO as well represent Kakeru - they keep changing their home from season to season. They spend winter in one area and then move back to another area for summer. This is what brings Kakeru troubles and loneliness. This is what Touko felt and got scared of - Kakeru will "fly away to another place once the season changes", e.g. when it gets too cold.

So Kakeru now faces a challenge. He has two options. Option 1 - he keeps "flying" with his mum, losing Touko, experiencing the loneliness he's so tired of. Option 2 - he settles down to stay with Touko who makes him feel home here. But option 2 is also scary, because then he's losing connection to his mother and has to actually start living his own life. Kakeru is obviously scared of this heavy responsibility - once he decides to stay, he won't be able to quit if something goes wrong by moving to another place. So he's frustrated in choosing between the two options.

And believe it or not, Touko is no less scared. Having lived in this one city for so long, she's scared that her friends will leave and they will no longer meet to watch the fireworks together. Again, THIS is what the show has started with in the first episode! She wants the people dear to her to remain close and connected to each other. And what's more, she's now even more scared to lose the one who she fell in love with. Because unlike the chicken Jonathan, who can't fly despite being a bird, Kakeru can actually fly away if he decides to go with his mother.

Because of their love, because of their fears, and because of their sensitive nature, Touko and Kakeru experience and share their emotions through imagination, otherwise known as "fragments of the future". It has nothing to do with alternate worlds, fates, other dimensiona, timelines, or other bullshit - it's just their vivid imagination. They learn about each other and about each other's feelings and emotions this way. And THIS is what this show is about. Everything that happens around them is just a romantic slice of life setting that drives this dramatic world. People meet, fall in love, some have their feelings unrequited, some have to fight for and win their love, etc. The actual drama is however between the two main characters - will they stay together or not, will Kakeru find his home with Touko or will he leave till better times, will Touko find the way to see the fireworks all together or not? These are the questions raised by the anime.

And quote by rodac

So in the end the only clear resolution that is shown is Hiro and Sachi, who are definitely shown as a couple (I'm not going to count Hiro's sister and her off-screen boyfriend). It's strongly hinted that Yuki and Yanagi are together, based on the reaction of the swim club as they run past and Hina's knowing smile--but it's not shown. As for Kakeru, the patch on the lawn where his tent used to stand suggests that he is off on tour with his mother although it is implied that he'll be back to watch the winter fireworks with Touko. I can tolerate ambiguous endings, but even for me there was just too much left hanging to be totally satisfied. It was pretty, the OST was marvelous, and if you worked really hard at it the ideas behind it were pretty engaging--but I wanted more closure damn it. (Later Edit: I didn't want to have to spend an hour going over it in my head to finally process and understand it--is probably what I meant.)

I think one of the keys to this episode were the conversations between Touko's parents, and also between Touko and her mother. We have the exchange about how her father proposed during the meteor shower, and soon after we're shown all three couples watching the meteor shower in separate locations. Touko's mother also talks about the "fragments of the future" and acknowledges that Touko is an adult (as does Kakeru's father to him in another conversation). The way her family left Touko in the care of Kakeru's also looked pretty much like a symbolic acknowledgement of their relationship ("Please take care of our daughter..." although not directly said was pretty much implied).

Back in the first episode we were given the foreshadowing that this would be the last summer that the original five friends would be together. That was true, as by the end of the summer things have changed forever--Hiro and Sachi go back to school as a couple, Yuki goes back alone as Yanagi rides the train to her modeling career, and Touko too is alone with her thoughts of Kakeru--the stranger who played a pivotal role in disrupting the comfortable world of childhood and moving them forward into adult relationships. This really was a slice of life, not in the sense we usually think of--cute girls doing cute things in a meaningless club after school--but in the sense of showing fragments of an important transition between two stages of their lives. It wasn't an easy show and it required a lot more effort than we normally have to expend to understand, but I think it was rewarding in the end.
May 8, 2022 9:43 PM
Feb 2021
Nice explanation. I finally understood the ending. The author just left us to wonder about weather they will end up together or not. Kakeru left. and Touko moves on. And life just continues normally again. The fun of slice of life.
SamiruKunMay 8, 2022 9:55 PM
Dec 3, 2022 6:29 AM
Dec 2022
Seeing the scene in the ending, Touko hears Kakeru's voice through the fragments of the future. when he looked back there was no kakeru.

So, most likely Kakeru went with his mother. and have an LDR relationship.

option 2, kakeru goes with his mother but they are not related.

the ending of this anime is exactly like nagi no asukara.
Apr 25, 2023 11:24 PM
Apr 2023
I have watched this anime when it has released. Now I have watched again because it was one of the most influential anime that I watched. The anime is perfect.

The end, the tent was missing. That's because David went to his official room. In the first episodes, the dad apologies to him, because David had to use the tent. Now that he will be more in the town, he will need his room.

Also the girl, Yana, didn't go to the school. That's proves that the story advanced. She went to her Academy (model Academy)

Also Sacchan still loves Hiro and Touka. Hiro is Hiro, he never changed haha.

Yuki, who is the stepbrother of Yana, began to feel something to Yana.

In the last scene, Touka sees David. He's not in the tour with his mom.

This is my speculation, but I'm Japanese, and I interpreted in this way. Sorry if I have any grammar mistake.

Also, I don't know if now, in 2023, someone is watching this anime. If you have read my comment, please tell me.
Apr 26, 2023 11:12 PM
Dec 2017
siosi said:
I have watched this anime when it has released. Now I have watched again because it was one of the most influential anime that I watched. The anime is perfect.

The end, the tent was missing. That's because David went to his official room. In the first episodes, the dad apologies to him, because David had to use the tent. Now that he will be more in the town, he will need his room.

Also the girl, Yana, didn't go to the school. That's proves that the story advanced. She went to her Academy (model Academy)

Also Sacchan still loves Hiro and Touka. Hiro is Hiro, he never changed haha.

Yuki, who is the stepbrother of Yana, began to feel something to Yana.

In the last scene, Touka sees David. He's not in the tour with his mom.

This is my speculation, but I'm Japanese, and I interpreted in this way. Sorry if I have any grammar mistake.

Also, I don't know if now, in 2023, someone is watching this anime. If you have read my comment, please tell me.

Not at all. Your explanation is really convincing. I want to believe that david stays in japan
Jun 27, 2023 4:00 PM
Jun 2014
The fact that everyone is understanding it differently proves they didn't give us a proper ending.
But here's my question. Where is the explanation to the whole vision thing? I was waiting for them to talk about it. But they nver ever talked about anything. Everyone is allergic to proper talks in this god damn anime
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Aug 2014
Reply to CTGrell
The fact that everyone is understanding it differently proves they didn't give us a proper ending.
But here's my question. Where is the explanation to the whole vision thing? I was waiting for them to talk about it. But they nver ever talked about anything. Everyone is allergic to proper talks in this god damn anime
@CTGrell The visions were alternate worlds that were happening at the same time with the main world that we were watching. They were not future visions as everyone thought (this was basically what episode 12 is about).

The visions basically stated that no matter in which world the 6 protagonists are in, each couple would still end up with each other, since they are destined to be with each other no matter the world they are in.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

441 by oooo3333 »»
Feb 7, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

179 by oooo3333 »»
May 18, 2023 2:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

211 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 2:52 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

153 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 1:12 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

343 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 1:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.