Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 4, 2014 7:24 PM

Jun 2014
I usually don't like making these hate threads, but Terra Formars will be the exception. Terra Formars has up to now been eight episodes in a row of fight fight with zero middle ground. I've seen plenty of action anime and I'm not against action at all, but where's the substance? Everyone minus Adolf has been extremely below average and only cry or fight. Shouldn't there be more character personality or at least one cooldown episode with no fighting? Cooldown episodes aren't bad things.

Inb4 drop it comments: No. I don't even hate Terra Formars, I'm just growing tired of this fight then switch to the next division and fight some more.

Dec 6, 2014 12:27 AM
Jan 2011
At least it doesnt have any highschool kids in uniforms with a betamax mc. Although we might see those in the future
Dec 6, 2014 12:33 AM

Sep 2012
You're asking for a show about cockroaches turning into black people because they were sent to an inhospitable planet to have substance?

The only substance anybody should reasonable expect from this series is similar to the substance that gets flushed down a toilet.
Dec 6, 2014 12:35 AM

Jan 2013
I'm glad people are realizing day by day Terra Formers should have not existed.
Dec 6, 2014 12:36 AM

Jan 2014
well the synopsis as for me is rather silly, I mean battle with a mutant giant cockroaches?! Damn that was wack.

PROFILE | ANIMELIST | MANGALIST | 𝓵𝓸𝓵𝓵𝔂𝓰𝓪𝓰𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓰

Dec 6, 2014 2:33 AM

Jun 2014
Red_Keys said:
You're asking for a show about cockroaches turning into black people because they were sent to an inhospitable planet to have substance?

The only substance anybody should reasonable expect from this series is similar to the substance that gets flushed down a toilet.

While your point is valid, that doesn't excuse Terraformars to lack it. It just needed one episode inbetween as a cooldown episode, that's it.
Dec 6, 2014 2:50 AM

Jul 2014
The manga isn't half bad, maybe they only have a hard time to adapt it into decent anime medium :/
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Dec 6, 2014 5:06 AM

Jan 2010
The story itself is incredibly dumb. I can work with suspension of disbelief, give a reason that isn't completely idiotic and you can do just about anything. This story is just completely idiotic.

They even put in a narrator to explain things, and still fail. How do cockroaches become sentient in 500 years? Why travel to mars knowing you'll have to fight tons of roaches, with essentially no weapons? it just goes on and on and on.

It's like hentai for combat/violence/gore... everything exists just to get to the next fight... except I've seen hentai with better plot.
Dec 6, 2014 5:14 AM

May 2009
Anime is just a commercial for manga.
thaumx said:
They even put in a narrator to explain things, and still fail. How do cockroaches become sentient in 500 years? Why travel to mars knowing you'll have to fight tons of roaches, with essentially no weapons? it just goes on and on and on.

RAHAB
Also, they have biological weapons.
Stop being retarded.
Dec 6, 2014 5:39 AM

Jun 2014
Terra Formars isn't meant to be the most thought provoking anime out there, nor does it try to be. It knows what it is and sticks to what it does best. It's simply meant to be a fun ride that consists of awesome action with badass powers, so what's the problem? Just sit back and enjoy it for what it is. I feel like too many people nowadays treat watching anime too much like a dick measuring contest LMFAO
La familia es todo.
Dec 6, 2014 9:35 AM

Feb 2011
bastek66 said:
thaumx said:

RAHAB
Stop being retarded.

thus^
just what i wanted to say
Dec 6, 2014 10:12 AM

Nov 2010
Apparently it's not your only exception.

OT: Ok, good for you.
Dec 6, 2014 5:14 PM

Jun 2014
bastek66 said:
thaumx said:

RAHAB
Stop being retarded.

That isn't really relevant though since I can name plenty of anime I've seen with substance.
Dec 6, 2014 5:47 PM

Mar 2010
Someone doesn't understand the story and therefore says like its a dumb-story. The reason they're going to mars is because they wanted to find vaccines for viruses-epidemic on earth(in that story) , or should I say , they suspected it was from a cockroaches that was sent to mars.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 7, 2014 5:43 PM

Feb 2008
Personally i watched many many animes in past few years.
I cant even keep track here anymore.

But terra formers, sucked me into watching it behind i hoped "something" would happen.

So far 11 episodes in, all i remember about this anime is:
Ep1 story, ep 2-10 random fights with random characters never showcasing who is powerful, humans or roaches.

I am really disappointed so far in this anime.
And will be the worst i watched so far
Dec 7, 2014 5:49 PM

Mar 2013
Yeah. This anime is shit. There is nothing cute about it all. It's negative cute because people are bugs. Gross.
Dec 8, 2014 12:30 PM

Oct 2007
Thread opened by a lucky star fan.

thaumx said:
The story itself is incredibly dumb. I can work with suspension of disbelief, give a reason that isn't completely idiotic and you can do just about anything. This story is just completely idiotic.

It's like hentai for combat/violence/gore... everything exists just to get to the next fight... except I've seen hentai with better plot.

I've read the manga and i got to say the anime is just about the gore as it leaves out a lot of the events from the manga, dumbing down the story a lot.

I still like this anime just because of the exciting parts. I've also seen hentai with better story, haha!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 8, 2014 12:33 PM

Oct 2007
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
That isn't really relevant though since I can name plenty of anime I've seen with substance.

Lucky star has substance and is obviously relevant for the future of man kind. /sarcasm

Get real, look at your list of animes and think about your life and where your parents might have gone wrong.
Dec 8, 2014 12:48 PM
Apr 2013
The Aliens meme explains this entire anime story line

However I personally love the manga although the anime has been a below average adaption for the senselessness of it. It is one of those sit down and watch really cool action scenes with really cool abilities. And I love the little tid-bits of information on the bases they all use.
Dec 9, 2014 9:27 PM

Jun 2014
Peralisc said:
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Lucky star has substance and is obviously relevant for the future of man kind. /sarcasm

Get real, look at your list of animes and think about your life and where your parents might have gone wrong.

You were so offended by hearing an anime you like had no substance you had to post twice. Aren't you adorable?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2014

194 by JVskunkape »»
May 16, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2014

250 by JVskunkape »»
May 14, 11:04 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2014

348 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 30, 2:59 AM

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2014

125 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 29, 10:41 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2014

73 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 29, 10:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.