Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Dec 5, 2014 12:16 AM
Jun 2014
If Kao-chan has the same disease that Kosei's mother did, I'm going to flip out. Please no.
Dec 5, 2014 12:44 AM

Nov 2011
Yeah, what's up with the meds, let's not add too much drama pls.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Dec 5, 2014 1:20 AM

Oct 2013
Kousei's mother is a demon? No the real demon is A-1 pictures, all this cliffhangers and this waiting is giving me cancer :<

A-1 WHY U DO THIS TO US!!!!

That loli emi omg!!! kawaiiiiii~~~~
Dec 5, 2014 1:31 AM

Mar 2012
Really neat placement of Emi's past in contrast to Kousei's. It makes the hardships he had to endure even more evident.

As expected, Kousei is struggling again with the trauma of his mother and it's starting to effect his performance. Without Kaori on the stage, I wonder how he's going to overcome it this time.

Meanwhile, little Emi is adorable. Emi now is quite stunning. Growing up, you did it right! xD
Dec 5, 2014 1:51 AM
Dec 2013
Lol little Emi was super cute. Why does Kao-chan have all those meds? next episode needs to come sooner.
Dec 5, 2014 2:21 AM

Dec 2013
Damn I got goosebumps watching this ep! Emi is best girl.
5/5
Dec 5, 2014 3:28 AM

Aug 2013
I feel like Arima's mom actually felt guilty at the end instead and the whole thing was misunderstood because Arima definitly felt bad about what he last said to his mom :/
Dec 5, 2014 3:35 AM

Nov 2014
Nice ep. Powerful words Mr.Arima

Death Flag on Kaori. Interesting...

ArimaxEmi. I'm on board
Dec 5, 2014 4:01 AM

Feb 2012
I knew Arima's mom was harsh, but not that harsh.. I mean, physical abuse in public... hitting him with a crutches? Dang!

Kaori's bundle of meds? I hope things wont end bad with her.

Child Emi was kawaiiiii! I'm rooting for ArimaxKaori, but I don't mind shipping for Emi as well.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Dec 5, 2014 4:35 AM

Dec 2012
Great but intense episode~! Emi was great!
Cannot believee they left it at a cliffhanger ugh
Dec 5, 2014 5:23 AM

May 2013
I thought Emi was going to confess. She might have done it through her piano playing. Her performance was great.
Just felt a chill down my spine when he couldn't hear the notes. Oh no. Things were even getting good. Kousei's mom is just too forceful even if he always gets first place. So desperate to get her son to become a living piano.
Dec 5, 2014 5:36 AM

Oct 2009
Elrondel said:
If Kao-chan has the same disease that Kosei's mother did, I'm going to flip out. Please no.

I haven't read the manga but with the hints that they showed us, it's 100% certain that Kaori has serious problems, I don't know if it's the same illness but I think there will be sad times.
I'm expecting her to die sooner or later ( but I hope I'm wrong, she's the best character in the story ).
Dec 5, 2014 6:08 AM

Sep 2014
Can some1 pls tell me what the music is called when he goes on stage? I love it

fml I waited for this sene since ep 1.

I hope he'll loose the tournament because the plot wouldn't be exciting anymore.

for example: he loses then he gets another chacne for a world tournament then plays againts the other 2 people again, but then wins it

this is how I think the anime should end. we still have 12 eps to go so hopefully much more happens
Dec 5, 2014 6:17 AM

Sep 2014
Emi killed it! She was great! <3
And honestly, Arima's mom was a piece of shit. I can't believe the shit poor Arima had to go through cause of her. I don't even blame him for telling her to die. And just as I thought, he hit a wall again. Overall great episode though.
Dec 5, 2014 6:20 AM

Aug 2012
So the performance which inspires Emi to be a pianist is the same as the performance where his mother beat the shit out of him for his bad mistakes .
And that medication , oh God no. :(
Dec 5, 2014 6:33 AM

Jan 2014
He's still struggling, that much is expected. Though I like the way A-1 portray the struggle of Kousei, very artistic.

PROFILE | ANIMELIST | MANGALIST | 𝓵𝓸𝓵𝓵𝔂𝓰𝓪𝓰𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓰

Dec 5, 2014 7:19 AM

Feb 2010
That trauma.
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Dec 5, 2014 7:27 AM
Mar 2014
Is this show even trying anymore?
vegetablespiritDec 5, 2014 2:13 PM
Dec 5, 2014 7:59 AM
Oct 2007
Slightly cliche and repetitive but nevertheless still a nice episode. I wished the show could have portray the characters as older. That might result in more viewers empathizing further with the story in general.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2014 8:10 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

We believe that Kousei is psychologically traumatized, his mother was a second Hitler.
Good episode, full of pathos and narrative twist that revives interest in Kaori.
Nice to discover a little more of the past Emi, excellent performance.
Drawings and animations that good.
The opening I like more and more.
Dec 5, 2014 8:14 AM

Mar 2009
I experienced something similar (I was forced to play piano by my parents) even though I loved music in the beginning it left a big trauma after I graduated from primary school. I know that feel Kousei... :P
Dec 5, 2014 8:46 AM

Jan 2014
The part with Emi was cool. Nothing new about Arima. And another cliffhanger.
Dec 5, 2014 8:50 AM

Sep 2013
Poor Arima.
Sure, the mother was too hard on him which caused his bottled-up emotions to erupt. But imagine that the last thing you said to your mom was wishing that she dies (which she did...die)
Dec 5, 2014 9:38 AM

Oct 2014
The happy-go-lucky visuals don't really fit with the child abuse scenes, don't know need to dim it down a little.

Wow these scenes, I don't like my heart being like this, its triggering emotions, oh the pity.
My life is boring cause I'm boring
If you're not at school what can you do, you stare at a screen of bright pixels
Dec 5, 2014 10:08 AM
Nov 2014
Wow, that was really powerful. Shigatsu gets better with each episode.

The episode really spoke to me on so many levels. My parents always forced me to do well in school, they weren't as abusive as Kousei's mother of course, but still. Trauma is an awful thing.

Parents should never try to live through they children.
Dec 5, 2014 1:12 PM

Nov 2013
Okay episode for me, moving it down to a 7. It's still pretty enjoyable but I feel like I'm being spoonfed what's happening beyond what I can handle. I already understand his relationship with his mother is troubled, they're beating the dead horse by bringing it back up over and over. Kaori's chatter is getting repetitive too. I'd much rather his rivals be their own characters rather than people who simply exist to aid in the comeback of the protagonist. Bah. Expected more from the cast in nine episodes.

Can't get enough of that OST though.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Dec 5, 2014 1:42 PM

Nov 2013
Wow,this anime continues to surprise(entertain) me!! <3 I was literally shaking from excitement while watching this episode. Don`t ask me why though,`cause i can`t give you an answer lol

I hope that Kousei will manage to get over his trauma some time soon,i want to see him compete with those 2 at "full force" :))

Kaori has a load of medicine there....i wonder when will we find out what`s wrong with her. :/

I was so immersed in this episode that i couldn`t say a thing during it. When it was finished i let out a big "i[WOOOAH[/i] lol =))) Onto the next episode wooo~ >o</
This is where I`d put my signature...If i had one.
Dec 5, 2014 2:10 PM

Jun 2013
That was intense!
This episode was so heartbreaking!
Dec 5, 2014 2:38 PM

Oct 2013
-Skyleo- said:
wallflowr said:
that was an amazing episode. I definitely had tears in my eyes, but I think some of you are really underestimating the trauma that comes from physical abuse.

When arima started bleeding, it reminded me back when my younger brother was in grade 5. Because he couldn't understand how to do his homework, my dad hit him so hard on the head with a plastic chopstick that it broke and flew across the room and hit the wall. Needless to say, he was bleeding too. I'm 18 now, but I still cry about it sometimes. Arima is NOT gutless; I don't know about you, but the fact that he's willing to overcome his psychological trauma to play piano again for Kaori is pretty damn courageous to me.

Don't play off physical abuse like it's nothing. It runs much deeper than you think.

Fully agree.
I think the reason why some of people here are underastimating Kousei's trauma is not because of such a thing like "physical abuse is nothing", but because they're not empathize enough with Kousei. They're probably see him as "just an other anime character from an other average anime".
As a result, perhaps they are disappointed because they wanted to see a 'manly' piano performance, more than Kousei and his -severe- trauma. For some of them, Kousei "has to" become a "main hero" with "guts" more than just being "Kousei".

I'm glad someone gets it. I guess it's a lot to expect from people in an anime forum to understand that a situation like Arima's happens more often than people think. This episode reeeeeally hit home for me coming from a similar background as Arima's.... You can label it as a typical "anime protag tragic backstory" but it was so realistic that it's sad to see the lack of empathy people have. Like really, cliche?
Dec 5, 2014 2:53 PM
Jul 2013
Ok so that was intense... That mother of him was quite a bitch!
Dec 5, 2014 3:01 PM
Nov 2013
I think this episode was OK, it did bug me that they repeated the same sequences for Arima's childhood trauma instead of going deeper (not the mom thing, that was new, but the whole 'human metronome' set of scenes)

The only thing that truly got my hatred was the disgusting arrangement of Winter Wind at the very beginning, I swear I wanted to throw my computer out the window. But well, that's more of a snobbish ideal.

Anyway, I do hope the series starts to change soon, because if I get two more episodes of 'poor Arima, he's so damaged' I seriously plan on dropping SWKNU. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't understand it or that I think its unearthly, it's simply not entertaining, that's all, and I frankly don't wanna watch a boring series simply because it's flawlessly made.
MitKerMar 27, 2021 5:01 PM

星は暗闇で光る
Dec 5, 2014 3:10 PM

Sep 2014
It was so intense! And Emi's performance was just woaaaah °A°
Concerning all the flash-back they were necessary, well done, deep and interesting but hell I just wan't to see Arima's performance and perhaps his metamorphosis (who knows).
And the fact that his mother is horrible shocks me but, yet, people's whispering were quite worse! just looking and say nothing, threatening Arima as a demon and watching him being beaten.... aw...
ReneVLR said:

The only thing that truly got my hatred was the disgusting arrangement of Winter Wind at the very beginning, I swear I wanted to throw my computer out the window. But well, that's more of a snobbish ideal..

I agree ^^ This first arragement bother me, it wasn't really really great.
xAntiarisDec 5, 2014 3:15 PM
Dec 5, 2014 3:28 PM

Sep 2014
PLEASE ANYONE CAN YOU PLS TELL ME THE NAME OF THE MUSIC which started at min 9 before he went on stage??? I loved that music/sound pls some1 link me to its full version
Dec 5, 2014 3:36 PM

Jul 2012
Interval said:
PLEASE ANYONE CAN YOU PLS TELL ME THE NAME OF THE MUSIC which started at min 9 before he went on stage??? I loved that music/sound pls some1 link me to its full version

The OST album isn't out yet, so just wait for it to come out.
Dec 5, 2014 3:39 PM

Sep 2014
mayukachan said:
Interval said:

damn, thanks tho
Dec 5, 2014 5:15 PM

May 2009
mayukachan said:
Interval said:

OST is out for some time already but all music are old classics anyway.
Dec 5, 2014 5:24 PM

Jul 2012
bastek66 said:
mayukachan said:

OST is out for some time already but all music are old classics anyway.

No, that's not an "original" sound track. It's just a compilation of pieces they played (and will play) in the anime, not originally composed music.
Dec 6, 2014 1:05 AM
Mar 2013
Does anyone know the name of the song that starts playing around the 8:20 mark? Just before he goes out? Ive been trying to find it since the first episode (maybe the 2nd).
Dec 6, 2014 2:27 AM
Nov 2013
oh my god i was nearly in tears throughout the whole episode what is happening to me
Dec 6, 2014 2:43 AM

Jul 2008
Seeing all Koari's medications hurts me real bad :( Looks like Emi has a crush on Arima too :)

The scene with the young Arima and his mother at the end was intense. Well, guaranteed loss for Arime this time around now.
Dec 6, 2014 4:46 AM

Sep 2014
JudeSaint85 said:
Does anyone know the name of the song that starts playing around the 8:20 mark? Just before he goes out? Ive been trying to find it since the first episode (maybe the 2nd).
me2 bro me2
Dec 6, 2014 6:23 AM

Dec 2013
This episode was even more powerful animated than what was drawn in the manga. I got goosebumps watching Emi climb those bars to make her big announcement, and watching her throw away all her paint sets and other awards was so fun.

Arima's flashbacks are only a part of the entire story. In truth, probably because I've read the manga, I do have a slight issue with everyone slating on his mother. Even Arima in the next few episodes will explain his mothers vision for him (trust me, he gets it). Not gonna spoil anything, all I'm gonna say is that you'll get a more comprehensive view of his past once a new character shows up next episode. Also for those complaining about not hearing his piece because of the flashbacks
HESTIAAPPROVES
Dec 6, 2014 12:17 PM
Jul 2018
This was such a good episode, I've been waiting to see this since I read the manga. The art is epic in this anime, its so good.
Dec 6, 2014 2:37 PM

Nov 2010
Felt very much like a filler episode. We learned nothing new from this episode aside that he told his mother to die, and the fact that she died right after was the trigger to his psychological trauma. Although this is a rather big thing, it being the ONLY meaningful thing we learned in the whole episode is very underwhelming. I give this episode an "it was OK" rating.

Oh wait, we also learned that Kaori takes a shit ton of medications, making it another evidence for my theory here: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1306727&show=0#post1
KelvetsDec 6, 2014 2:46 PM
Dec 6, 2014 2:44 PM

Mar 2013
So Kaori does hiding something,
Kousei play begin, Emi and Kousei backstory again (Emi look so cute as
a child and now). watching Kousei beat up by is mother because of is play
when all he want was to make her happy - tear my heart out.

cant they give Kousei a break already if he dont want to play
then leave him alone there is others things he can be good at,
I now Kaori just trying to do good for him but so far all she doing is damage
him more (same as is mother but with a smile).
if he decide that he want to keep and play then let him do it on
is own way when he ready.
Dec 6, 2014 3:35 PM

Aug 2012
So fucking slow...
I guess that's the problem with trying to stretch a short-ish manga into a 22 episode series.
Dec 6, 2014 4:37 PM

Apr 2013
Stunning episode.

It's very nice, that some flashbacks were shown, but I think, that the progress was a bit... low.
Dec 6, 2014 7:02 PM

Aug 2014
Syrosu said:
So fucking slow...
I guess that's the problem with trying to stretch a short-ish manga into a 22 episode series.

I agree.
Dec 6, 2014 7:42 PM

Oct 2014
Syrosu said:
So fucking slow...

Actually, the pacing in the manga is just as slow as this. The anime is currently on chapter 16. My expectation is that things are gonna heat up at the 2nd cour (after epsiode 11ish)

The manga is actually quite long, there are 40+ chapters (probably 44, currently at 42 for raw) and each chapter is around 40+ pages as well.
HOW TO SAVE ANIME IN THREE SIMPLE STEPS

1. To have Mars of Destruction, Skelter Heaven, and Pupa properly adapted in TV series form by Madhouse
  2. To have Inferno Cop properly adapted in TV series form by Bones, director: Urobuchi Gen
  3. An anime crossover of Mushishi x ARIA x Haibane Renmei.

Should even one of the above conditions cannot be done, anime is still at risk.
Dec 6, 2014 7:43 PM

Jul 2012
I'm liking the pacing actually. It's not too fast, not too slow.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

1177 by ojarlos »»
May 11, 12:06 PM

Poll: » What do you think of the character artstyle?

Mallony - Oct 10, 2014

40 by Keytee1 »»
May 5, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2014

335 by RickHatake »»
May 1, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2015

234 by exho26 »»
May 1, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

331 by RickHatake »»
Apr 23, 7:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.