Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Mar 27, 2023 3:25 PM
Apr 2021
dang. seeing little kousei with bruises from his mom was sad
Apr 22, 2023 12:03 PM
Aug 2022
The worst mom ever!!!!
Jun 1, 2023 11:31 AM

Aug 2014
That was too long... and why he has to fail again ;/
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Aug 7, 2023 8:33 PM

Mar 2023
he seriously shouldn't feel any guilt for telling the woman that has been terrorizing him, for his ENTIRE childhood, off. hate parents that use their kids to get off through the child's achievements >:(
Aug 7, 2023 8:35 PM

Mar 2023
always ready to see your comment at the very top of the discussion xD
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Emi is freaking adorable as a kid :3

Great performance overall for Emi imo. She deserved that standing ovation. I thought Emi might of confessed to Kousei this episode though. That would of been amusing It looks like Arima is finally going to play the piano. Been waiting for this for awhile although Arima struggling with the piano because of his past doesn't surprise me.

Aug 21, 2023 5:43 PM
Feb 2023
God this show is heartbreaking. Kousei's final interaction with his mother, the way she treats him comes totally out of left field and depicts her vile character so well. The flashbacks, the underwater piano again, just gorgeous, heartbreakingly so.
Dec 17, 2023 1:44 AM

Nov 2023
Aww Emi was really cute as a kid!
Jan 8, 9:40 AM

Aug 2023
Kousei's past was even sadder than I though like we know that his mother scold him and beat him but I didn't thought that she would take it this far to attack her son in front of the public like she don't care, And I know that Kousei kept on enduring it but then he had enough with it and said to his mother "I wish you would just die." and it was his last words to his mother before she dies, To be honest I was shocked when he said that to her I know he endured her for a long time but I didn't thought he would tell this to his mother. saddest episode for me so far.
Jan 28, 8:04 AM
Nov 2023
Arima started very good but the trauma of his mother is pulling him back. He got encouraged, motivated but still his mother's fear is still present. Long way to go to fully recover but I wanted to know the outcome of this competition.
Mar 29, 7:02 AM
Mar 2014
I think this show portrays trauma very well. The same scenes and phrases haunting the victim, the same trigger ruining them; and the rollercoaster of trauma events & encoraging words or actions from Kosei's friends and rivals is really good in showing that there's no magic trick to instantly re-learn traumatic responses. If they pulled and typical shonen and made Kosei quickly recover in a blink of an eye because friendship and dreams and so on, that would be quite disappointing. So far, i like how they treat this topic. We'll see how it will develop.

Ah yes, Emi was magnificent in her performance and adorable in her childhood. Also it's cool how there are people with the same passion - music - but different approaches. I hope we'll see more of these side characters.
Apr 8, 1:54 PM
Jan 2023
I Lie in April 🎶
Apr 8, 10:36 PM

Jul 2023
No surprise that she is abusive. She deserves to die! Why must Arima continue to suffer from her memory?

Also, by way of parallelism that a number of medications were shown, it is likely that Kaori has the same illness as his mother. :(
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

1177 by ojarlos »»
May 11, 12:06 PM

Poll: » What do you think of the character artstyle?

Mallony - Oct 10, 2014

40 by Keytee1 »»
May 5, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2014

335 by RickHatake »»
May 1, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2015

234 by exho26 »»
May 1, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

331 by RickHatake »»
Apr 23, 7:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.