Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Dec 4, 2014 3:32 AM

Jan 2014
bad-ass!
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Dec 4, 2014 4:39 AM

Jan 2013
That professor with the hair was pretty smart, I have to admit. Good thing shinichi probably passes the hair test because his head is human.
Dec 4, 2014 4:43 AM

Nov 2014
Man what a massacre, if only that girl died none of these would've happened.

I need that adrenaline rush that will let me to jump from three stories to floor safely XD
HakayaDec 4, 2014 5:18 AM
Dec 4, 2014 5:07 AM

Jul 2014
I feel bad for bald people because the 'remove a strand of hair greetings' will hurt for them because their eyebrows or nose hair will get bald too, lol ><

MasterQuest said:
That professor with the hair was pretty smart, I have to admit. Good thing shinichi probably passes the hair test because his head is human.
I think Shinichi is not that human anymore because he has some tiny Migi inside him *^* so I think someday he won't pass that hair test.
Dec 4, 2014 5:33 AM

Dec 2012
I love baseball anime
Dec 4, 2014 5:40 AM

Feb 2014
Was I the only one who found that speech about the "hair test" to be an homage to the blood test from "The Thing"?

Watching Norris in there gave me the idea that maybe every part of you bastards is a whole. Every piece of you is self-sufficient, an animal unto itself. When a man bleeds, it's just tissue. But blood from one of you Things won't obey. It's a newly formed individual with a built-in desire to protect its own life. When attacked, your blood will try and survive - and crawl away from a hot needle, say.
Dec 4, 2014 5:51 AM

May 2014
rainboWARc said:
MasterQuest said:
I think Shinichi is not that human anymore because he has some tiny Migi inside him *^* so I think someday he won't pass that hair test.
Only 30% of Migi is spreaded in Shinichi's body (except his right arm which is 100% or near) so I doubt that 30% would be in his hair. The normal parasites are 100% in the head so a hair thread should have more than one parasitic cell so it should move quite clearly but Shinichi's hair thread, even if it has one parasitic cell, shouldn't move that obvious since that the rest of the cells from the thread are dead.
But yeah, I guess that's how they will find out about him..

That throw was so badass ** I'm also glad that Shinichi and Murano are back together ^^
Adrenaline rush ... right..
Hibiki07Dec 4, 2014 6:11 AM
Dec 4, 2014 5:54 AM

Sep 2014
Man, I had goosebumps throughout most of the episode. Shinichi's getting more badass with each passing episode. Also, that awesome throw!
Best part was that he made up with Murano. <3
Dec 4, 2014 6:18 AM

May 2013
Another great episode, I kinda felt bad for Shimada at the end.

FreaXoid said:
For crying out loud, Izumi jumped 3 floors WHILE carrying Murano without a single scratch. Murano should be pulling out hair strands from every part of Shinichi's body by now.

LMAO the girls in this series are brain dead.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Dec 4, 2014 7:04 AM

Jul 2013
awesome episode indeed,
Dec 4, 2014 7:19 AM

Oct 2010
"a fad started where people started pulling out each others hair as a greeting"

well i can tell you i wouldn't be a part of that fad
Dec 4, 2014 7:52 AM

Jan 2012
I'm glad Shinichi is on good terms with Murano again... Will they ever call each other by their first names btw? geez.

ANYWAY

I was laughing all the way with the kids greeting each other pulling hair lmao
Dec 4, 2014 8:00 AM

Sep 2013
Shinichi was on some red oni toriko and terrformars sh!t XD
That throw :O

To be expected from the nations best scientists :)

There's aliens here on earth too but are being kept secret by the government, they don't want us to know so they don't lose their positions to the aliens.
All our technology is from them and there are even some alien x human babies.
The only thing keeping us safe is that they're not violent like these parasites.
Dec 4, 2014 8:04 AM

Dec 2013
I really hope Murano will be able to accept Shinichi when she discovers the truth.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Dec 4, 2014 9:01 AM

May 2014
am I the only one around here who ships Murano x Izumi??

Edit: If that's the result of an Adrenaline rush, you have to wonder what happens to him when he gets a boner.
PeterRois91Dec 4, 2014 9:05 AM
Dec 4, 2014 9:25 AM

Jul 2013
Tachikawa you just had to go and "ask" him didn't you ...that was one hell of a massacre

Shinichi almost lost it there for a second...but that ball throwing! Totally nailed it...the jump with murano was pretty nice too

Can't wait to see how long the fad lasts or if its of any help at all
Dec 4, 2014 10:10 AM

Oct 2013
Benphyre said:
I really hope Murano will be able to accept Shinichi when she discovers the truth.
There will be a little drama,but she'll get over it.

Dec 4, 2014 10:14 AM

Aug 2014
Benphyre said:

Are you kidding me? Shinichi being a 1/3rd-parasyte is like... the most horrible answer to her favourite question "You are Izumi-kun, right?". She'd probably sink into depression and never talk to him again, seeing as how much smaller changes in his personality cause her to flip out.

Can't imagine what kind of hell it'd be like for Shinichi if they get married.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Dec 4, 2014 10:21 AM

Dec 2011
I think his classmates are thinking that Shinichi has gone mad...

So that paint thinner actually hurt Hideo and Yuuko had to fall through the tree...

RIP sensei and the two students T.T

Shinichi looked rather human with that reaction of his, I guess he's getting a few of his marbles back, but he regained his composure rather fast for Murano's sake.

LOL, dem jumps from Shinichi doe...

Yeah... the police sure is doing well against Hideo...

HELL YEAH! Shinichi sniped Hideo with a rock!

Aha, so pulling out a strand of their hair will show if they're human or parasites.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Dec 4, 2014 10:22 AM

Sep 2011
The only thing that I can say on this episode is... DAT THROW.

Dec 4, 2014 11:10 AM

Jun 2013
Intense episode!!!!! Best episode yet!!!!
Dec 4, 2014 12:08 PM

Oct 2011
Bloodshed Massacre OMG

At least Murano is saved.
Dec 4, 2014 3:41 PM

Feb 2013
Is no one gonna mention how at the end of the episode Murano admits not replying to his messages? That must show some suspicion. I think it is just that she is taking a wait-and-see approach with him since he saved her life.
Dec 4, 2014 4:38 PM

Jun 2008
silverwalls said:
wow, what a bloodshed. and this wouldn't have happened if the girl didn't throw the thinner...
and this hair-pulling seems pretty pointless imo. a real parasite would kill you as soon as you pulled out a hair.

Many people said that but you forget that the government didn't release the parasite information, they just somehow made pulling a hair as a greeting(that seems stupid though i admit. How can you convince people to do that shit?). So the people don't know they are risking getting killed by pulling hairs. Yes some could end up dead but the government officials don't really care. They care only on making the parasites unable to walk freely between humans and locating as many possible.
Dec 4, 2014 4:40 PM

Jun 2009
gorey episode. delicious, delicious gore.
Dec 4, 2014 4:45 PM

Jun 2008
Maledict said:
Benphyre said:

Are you kidding me? Shinichi being a 1/3rd-parasyte is like... the most horrible answer to her favourite question "You are Izumi-kun, right?". She'd probably sink into depression and never talk to him again, seeing as how much smaller changes in his personality cause her to flip out.

She just has no imagination of the delicious things she can do in bed with that right arm and super stamina of his. ^_^
Dec 4, 2014 6:40 PM

Apr 2013
Monad said:
Maledict said:

She just has no imagination of the delicious things she can do in bed with that right arm and super stamina of his. ^_^

Your imagination is too..........lets call it "rich".
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Dec 4, 2014 6:59 PM

Mar 2014
Monad said:
Maledict said:

Considering the razor scythe blades that parasites can form...yeah, I'll just stop there.

Another philosophical episode...it's interesting to watch Shinichi balance both the logical("the hallway with all the dead bodies is safe to run away from the deadly humanish thing") and emotional("it's partly our fault he just cut half a class worth of kids up, let's put him in the ground ourselves instead of letting the zerg rush of policemen handle it") thought processes running through his brain.
Dec 5, 2014 12:40 AM

Apr 2013
So gory. It's all thanks to glasses girl.
Dec 5, 2014 1:00 AM

Mar 2012
Lol at the balding guy's reaction to pulling a strand of hair out.
Dec 5, 2014 2:05 AM

Dec 2013
FireKiller87 said:
Monad said:

Considering the razor scythe blades that parasites can form...yeah, I'll just stop there.

Another philosophical episode...it's interesting to watch Shinichi balance both the logical("the hallway with all the dead bodies is safe to run away from the deadly humanish thing") and emotional("it's partly our fault he just cut half a class worth of kids up, let's put him in the ground ourselves instead of letting the zerg rush of policemen handle it") thought processes running through his brain.

Didn't she already experience the breast groping action?
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Dec 5, 2014 2:57 AM

Jan 2014
Amazing episode and what a massacre that was.
Murano is back ^^ and Izumi felt a bit more human, though for him to make those three students walk through that blood pool...

Now everyone will walk around with a water gun shooting that liquid :3
Dec 5, 2014 4:59 AM

Aug 2012
Am I really supposed to be happy that he wasn't in a hurry with killing the Parasite, but then I have to appreciate his 'still human' sign of being agony when seeing dead schoolmates BECAUSE he didn't hurry up enough to kill it?

And that Murano goes 'Oh shit, I don't know why I'm the only one you saved and that you didn't give a fuck by coming from the pool of dead corpses; I also don't know how you jumped down from the 3rd story and jumped really high again afterwards like a superhuman, but I still want your d, so I won't question you.' Character and pacing-wise, it's a bit of a wreck, but thank god the story's still interesting.
Dec 5, 2014 5:10 AM

Feb 2013
Who would ever think that it was a costume or cosplay? 😱
That was really odd
Dec 5, 2014 9:19 AM
Nov 2014
This episode Shit Just Got Real ! Honestly wanted that glasses bitch to die .dammit
And about the way to detect the Parasyte. Pulling someone's hair? How silly!
A little disappointed about the action , but it was good episode though
Dec 5, 2014 9:27 AM
Feb 2014
Is Murano pretending to be this oblivious to everything Shinichi did right in front of her eyes? This is just ridiculous.
Dec 5, 2014 12:26 PM
Dec 2014
I kinda feel bad for Shimada. I mean, those agonized screams... At least when a Parasite kills people the humans die almost instantly.

next week is gonna be fun~
Dec 5, 2014 12:29 PM

Dec 2012
As far as anime goes, it's rare for bloodbaths to make me feel nauseous but this one was quite effective. It was very dreadful watching the students getting slaughtered without ever knowing what happened. It even reminds me of school shooting situations taken to a whole different level. Shinichi almost breaking down and then recomposing himself was really powerful. It looks like Murano has faith in him again, but the secret is slowly coming to public eye.

That ending has me a bit skeptical about the direction of what's to come. That whole "pulling hair" fad sounds really far fetched and it really doesn't make sense to me. Why tell people to do it without informing them why they're doing it? How are they going to know the purpose of it and if someone does encounter a parasite, they're more likely to freak out than simply report it. Well, I'll just see how it turns out. I just don't want a solid 9/10 to go down the drain on something seemingly silly.
Dec 5, 2014 12:30 PM

Jul 2012
Beaver897 said:
And that Murano goes 'Oh shit, I don't know why I'm the only one you saved and that you didn't give a fuck by coming from the pool of dead corpses; I also don't know how you jumped down from the 3rd story and jumped really high again afterwards like a superhuman, but I still want your d, so I won't question you.' Character and pacing-wise, it's a bit of a wreck, but thank god the story's still interesting.

To be fair, she already knows there's something going on with him, but she's probably waiting for him to tell her himself because she really cares about him.
Dec 5, 2014 12:48 PM

Jun 2013
SakBoyK said:
Is Murano pretending to be this oblivious to everything Shinichi did right in front of her eyes? This is just ridiculous.
The same can be said about everyone who was outside when glasses girl was being attacked by that blob of eyes and muscle tissue. Seriously did no one see that thing hanging out the shattered window? Give me a break.

Show is amazing though. Hope they keep it up!
Dec 5, 2014 12:55 PM

Aug 2014
Gymkata said:
I came on here just to post that very thing. Looked like an easy 50ft drop...while holding her, then jumping a huge fence. I was hoping for some shock/confusion, or at least a little gratitude for I dunno...saving her life. I'm sure that's coming later though, so no worries.

"I've been wanting to thank you. If you hadn't been there...[...] But I really mean it. Thank you."
Didn't she already thank him at the end of the episode or am I misinterpreting this piece of dialogue?
Dec 5, 2014 12:56 PM

Nov 2013
The instrumental piece at the end was really great, the OST has grew on me so much. Even the dubstep moments don't bother me now, they're hype as fuck.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Dec 5, 2014 1:24 PM
Jul 2013
Pulling each others hair? what is that?
I liked the episode but I think I don't like Murano...
Dec 5, 2014 3:17 PM

Mar 2013
Well that was a massacre, thank you so much Yuuko....
Shinichi save the day again and back to Murano.
Those jumps again and that throw - wow, new skills on every episode.
more people know of the Parasites now and they get Hideo buddy.
wondering how the story going to pogress from here - more Parasites
coming to the school or to Shinchi and?
Cant wait to next episode :)
Dec 5, 2014 7:20 PM

Aug 2013
Really good episode almost makes up for how stupid the glasses chick is :p
Dec 5, 2014 7:56 PM

Jun 2013
I'm so annoyed that Murano got saved.
Dec 5, 2014 8:00 PM

Jan 2014
J053PH said:
I'm so annoyed that Murano got saved.
i hope you meant Yuuko
Dec 5, 2014 9:44 PM
Jan 2014
I really liked the call back to Episode 9 when he checked the dead girl's head.

http://i.imgur.com/E42wzk2.png
Dec 5, 2014 9:45 PM
Nov 2013
That episode has great man! i'm so excited for the new episode
Dec 5, 2014 11:32 PM

Nov 2011
I feel like I'm the only one that's glad they censored some of the gore.

Anyway.

I'm not sure whether to congratulate or ridicule the glasses girl. It's not exactly her fault the alien went on a rampage, but her initial naiveté feels like salt in an open wound in the face of such a massacre.

Migi's opposition to hunting his own kind expected.

insan3priest said:
Good episode, but I'm not sure what the hair pulling will accomplish. Okay, you pull out the piece of hair and it turns out the person really is a parasite. Then what? You very likely die.

It's a horrible method, but I suppose it does force the parasites to expose themselves in the process. What I want to know is how they promoted such a fad in the first place.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2015

276 by RapidPhantom »»
May 21, 7:36 AM

» What is better? Manga or Anime?

treverse - May 13

20 by ST63LTH »»
May 21, 5:13 AM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2015

277 by lazypanda666 »»
May 18, 9:34 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2014

638 by CELEXIA_ »»
May 11, 3:40 AM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2015

381 by yarwe »»
May 3, 1:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.