Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 1, 2014 9:11 PM

Dec 2011
Kirito obviously has not fight to his full potential, unless its a life and death situation like sao - Recall the scenes when he overcome the system. He didnt even use dual sword when dueling with yuuki. Dual sword is what make him unique and badass, why does the author have to state that "However, kirito hasn't used dual sword"/
"when the game is not a game anymore kirito will be serious" , becos he wants to bring out that he tried, but not to his full ability.

People say that the author has answered in his perspective and saids he isnt confident on fighting yuuki, or cant win etc... btw that setting was set on 2005.
Yuuki has 11 combo. Kirito has skill connect, one hand does a 6 combo sword skill and the other hand odes another 6 whts the result ? And he can do that for 4/5 times.

Think of a situation if asuna was getting raped by yuuki like the scenes from sugou. Do u think he can win now ? do u think he can overcome the limit and beat yuuki. One more thing is his lost is needed for asuna to be curious about zekken, so that she can sort out her own stuff later on.

Guys come on ! Kirito fought to live for 2 years. You are telling me a girl who just plays for more than 2 years can beat someone who has experienced war.
diu613Dec 1, 2014 10:40 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 1, 2014 9:16 PM

Nov 2012
ok
Dec 1, 2014 9:17 PM

Jul 2012
Im confused as hell
Dec 1, 2014 9:25 PM
Mar 2012
You can argue Kirito can win against Yuuki if it were a life-or-death situation, but it's a fact she has a faster reaction speed, thus would earn her the dual blades skill in Aincrad. Kirito didn't admit he is unable to beat her, he just said she would get the skill rather than him. Faster reaction speed doesn't always guarantee a win so technically Kirito has a chance to win against her on very special and specific situations.

-Karoshi-Dec 1, 2014 9:30 PM
Dec 1, 2014 10:26 PM

Dec 2011
The only reason why yuuki has faster reaction speed is becos of her gear that she uses in real life. Kirito saids he feels like he has reached a limit for the first time, that is becos his gear is the general one which is the one that player normally uses at home.
Dec 1, 2014 10:28 PM

Sep 2013
inb4 kirito fans.
-

I've always... always been watching you... This whole time... Because you were there... That's why I was able to try hard. So you could have some balance! So you wouldn't treat me like a kid! So you would see me as an actual girl! Even while you were gone... You were right here! You were right here in my heart!
Dec 2, 2014 12:41 AM

Aug 2014
diu613 said:
The only reason why yuuki has faster reaction speed is becos of her gear that she uses in real life. Kirito saids he feels like he has reached a limit for the first time, that is becos his gear is the general one which is the one that player normally uses at home.

Her gear is not that much better, especially given that it was made
and even still you could say the same for her, that she'd fight better in a life of death situation.
Dec 2, 2014 4:40 AM

Oct 2013
Yuuki has greater skill and talent, even Kirito himself admits that.

However, what Kirito does have in abundance is real combat experience. He will ultimately make better decisions that allow him to triumph.

Given time, Yuuki would easily surpass Kirito in all aspects as a combatant, I imagine.

... Given time.
Dec 2, 2014 4:48 AM
Apr 2014
diu613 said:

Uhhh no. The difference is basically none, it's too small to say "Yuuki won because of it".

Kirito would've lost and you do know that Yuuki can use Skill connect too, right? and since she has better reaction time, she can use it better than Kirito, she could've learned dual blades too so...

Yuuki would beat this Kirito, not sure about Alicization tho.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Dec 2, 2014 4:55 AM

Jul 2007
notto this shitto agen.

- Yuuki is faster than kirito.
- Yuuki is stronger than kirito
- Yuuki has stronger tactical thinking than Kirito
- Yuuki was not serious in their fight either
- Kirito could not react to last few attacks in the fight.
- If yuuki was serious the fight would end as Asuna's did.
- Yuuki honed all of that talent herself and her gear does not make that much difference, if anything it is worse.

Leave kirito wanking to youtube comments, please. Yuuki is stronger hands down.
Dec 2, 2014 5:15 AM

Aug 2012
In the character Q&A, Kirito admits that he might not win even if he used Dual Blades, but he also claims that he is around 20% duller than his SAO days. So I think it's an issue we wouldn't know the answer for sure.

...but we should take his answers not too seriously. Kirito has an inferiority complex so....
julyanDec 2, 2014 5:22 AM
Dec 2, 2014 5:18 AM
Sep 2007
It's a harem...

It doesn't matter.
Dec 2, 2014 5:31 AM
Apr 2014
Psajdako-chan said:
It's a harem...

It doesn't matter.

...? And that's relevant info because...?

Dec 2, 2014 5:33 AM
Sep 2007
Reyxe said:
Because from what I saw SAO was always about who will be the next girl in Kirito's harem.
Dec 2, 2014 5:39 AM
Apr 2014
Psajdako-chan said:
Reyxe said:
Because from what I saw SAO was always about who will be the next girl in Kirito's harem.

Then you aren't watching SAO.

Dec 2, 2014 5:41 AM

Aug 2014
Reyxe said:
Psajdako-chan said:
It's a harem...

It doesn't matter.

It's just a troll post, best not to ask for elaboration.
Psajdako-chan said:
Reyxe said:

And you think that because you know nothing much about SAO.
Dec 2, 2014 5:57 AM
Apr 2014
InsertPriestHere said:
Reyxe said:

It's just a troll post, best not to ask for elaboration.

I know, but, if he's going to troll post, then make it a good one, lol

Dec 2, 2014 6:20 AM
Sep 2007
I didn't (I mean, it wasn't even my intention) to troll...

But whatever...

Ah yes, bad guy in SAO says he doesn't even remember why he started all shit in the first place - depth of characters, or rather villains?
Dec 2, 2014 7:46 AM
Apr 2014
Psajdako-chan said:

But whatever...

Ah yes, bad guy in SAO says he doesn't even remember why he started all shit in the first place - depth of characters, or rather villains?

He did say it tho, you and some people just didn't understand.

He made Aincrad cause it was his dream, he wished for a world with no limitations like irl, he wished so bad for it since he was a kid that he couldn't wish for anything else, in the end, he did everything he could to make his only dream come true, developed the NerveGear, created SAO as a whole with all his system and so on.

From now onwards its just my thoughts/feelings as someone who understood Kayaba Akihiko as a character:

Of course he wasn't going to live in that world alone, he wanted someone who had the same dream as him, he wanted people to enjoy the world and they did, at some point, people weren't even trying to escape from it, then he, who took both the god and villain's role, gave someone the Hero role, someone who could face him, and that someone was Kirito, which he later trusts him The Seed.

Dec 2, 2014 7:49 AM

Aug 2014
Psajdako-chan said:

But whatever...

Then don't post something irrelevant and baity if you don't mean troll.
>Strength comparison discussion
>Doesn't matter it's a harem.

Also in case you haven't noticed, she's never met Kirito outside their duel.

The second part is also off topic and irrelevant, but I'll answer;
Kawahara was only starting out writing when he made Kayaba, so he wasn't able to make him a deeper character.
This doesn't mean he has no depth. He gave his explanation-a dream of a world he thought was "better" unrestricted by the real one, but to do that he needed actual people. It doesn't justify it, but it doesn't mean he has no depth. I will admit Sugou was more one dimensional, though.
That doesn't mean that the story or other characters lack depth and aren't complex.
Dec 2, 2014 12:47 PM

Jun 2008
If i remember correctly, didn't it say in the LN that personalized skills can only be created if it was performed flawlessly within a set time, as of such, it takes much practice and expertise to reach a decent combo worth of personalized skill. Thus if i remember correctly all skills have equal amount of time for it to be pulled off, thus Yuuki's 11 hit = Kirito's 7 hit in time it take to perform.

Kirito in all his bullet-cutting experience was only able to make a 7 hit combo, even fervent players like the Salamander Eugene was only able to pull off a 9 hit after more than a year of practice.
Yuuki reached 11 hit combo, and if she also uses outside-skill skill connect, she will be chaining 11 hit combos for the time it takes for Kirito to chain 7 hit combos.

Unless we take into account weaponary stat difference, Kirito with his legendary (the strongest) Excaliber against Yuuki's newly converted character's sword (probably a mid-tier sword), Kirito may pull off a win. But tit-for-tat, Yuuki's higher DPS and dodging should be a deciding factor against Kirito, regardless of his mindset in the fight.
Dec 2, 2014 1:46 PM
Apr 2014
zephiris said:
If i remember correctly, didn't it say in the LN that personalized skills can only be created if it was performed flawlessly within a set time, as of such, it takes much practice and expertise to reach a decent combo worth of personalized skill. Thus if i remember correctly all skills have equal amount of time for it to be pulled off, thus Yuuki's 11 hit = Kirito's 7 hit in time it take to perform.

Kirito in all his bullet-cutting experience was only able to make a 7 hit combo, even fervent players like the Salamander Eugene was only able to pull off a 9 hit after more than a year of practice.
Yuuki reached 11 hit combo, and if she also uses outside-skill skill connect, she will be chaining 11 hit combos for the time it takes for Kirito to chain 7 hit combos.

Unless we take into account weaponary stat difference, Kirito with his legendary (the strongest) Excaliber against Yuuki's newly converted character's sword (probably a mid-tier sword), Kirito may pull off a win. But tit-for-tat, Yuuki's higher DPS and dodging should be a deciding factor against Kirito, regardless of his mindset in the fight.

I don't think Yuuki's sword is all that bad, she has been in ALO probably for a few months, she obviously has skills in max level, so she should've an sword equal to Kirito's Elucidator back in SAO, i might be wrong tho

Dec 3, 2014 9:03 AM

Mar 2011
Cool. Now go say this to the author of the LN, I'm sure he'll be interested.

Skill connect isn't something only one person can use like dual wielding in Aincrad.
And about practice and skills,

Kirito says in a Q&A in the LN than even if he was serious, it's still almost sure that he'd lose.
And IIRC, I'll have to check for this one, in another one he said that he wouldn't be surprised if she just pulled out another sword if he went dual wielding.
willardhwrightDec 3, 2014 9:08 AM
Dec 3, 2014 6:52 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
diu613 said:
Kirito obviously has not fight to his full potential, unless its a life and death situation like sao - Recall the scenes when he overcome the system. He didnt even use dual sword when dueling with yuuki. Dual sword is what make him unique and badass, why does the author have to state that "However, kirito hasn't used dual sword"/
"when the game is not a game anymore kirito will be serious" , becos he wants to bring out that he tried, but not to his full ability.

People say that the author has answered in his perspective and saids he isnt confident on fighting yuuki, or cant win etc... btw that setting was set on 2005.
Yuuki has 11 combo. Kirito has skill connect, one hand does a 6 combo sword skill and the other hand odes another 6 whts the result ? And he can do that for 4/5 times.

Think of a situation if asuna was getting raped by yuuki like the scenes from sugou. Do u think he can win now ? do u think he can overcome the limit and beat yuuki. One more thing is his lost is needed for asuna to be curious about zekken, so that she can sort out her own stuff later on.

Guys come on ! Kirito fought to live for 2 years. You are telling me a girl who just plays for more than 2 years can beat someone who has experienced war.
You are absolutly wrong.
I will explain why, but I will have to use some spoilers,
Dec 3, 2014 7:47 PM

Aug 2014
I'm always dubious when a character says that they're not confident in beating someone, as it's hard to tell whether it's fact or just plan humility. I'm sure anyone who watched Mahouka remembers when Tatsuya

So yeah, I'll just go by what I see.
Dec 3, 2014 8:50 PM

Jul 2007
And what is shown is that there's no way in hell Kirito is ever beating Yuuki.

It is both shown and said.
Dec 3, 2014 8:55 PM
Mar 2012
AllenNoah said:
I'm always dubious when a character says that they're not confident in beating someone, as it's hard to tell whether it's fact or just plan humility. I'm sure anyone who watched Mahouka remembers when Tatsuya

So yeah, I'll just go by what I see.

In defense of that, I believe he meant that he was unconfident in beating him without revealing his true strength, etc. I read/watched that long ago so I may be wrong.
Dec 3, 2014 9:01 PM

Jan 2013
Why do people think combat experience matters in a 1v1 duel?

Is kirito going to lead an army against her?

Shes stronger, has more skill and would win because of it.

Kirito wouldnt randomly win because "hur dur he almost died once"
Dec 3, 2014 9:51 PM

May 2013
Isn't it normal for yuuki to be stronger than kirito since shes

its not a matter of Yuuki stronger than kirito = kirito is inferior to yuuki overall
since personally i like both characters equally

its basically the same with kirito during the SAO days
(and this is just self-speculation correct me if im wrong but)
kirito said he reached floors higher than the others by the end of the beta test and he clearly wasn't slacking of when they were finally stuck inside SAO officially until around the late game that is so if we go by this then that means kirito was the one with the most Time and Dive activity than the rest of the survivors thus granting him more compatability with the nervegear than the rest... meaning better reaction time right?
Dec 4, 2014 3:10 AM

Aug 2014
aki_otaku said:

its not a matter of Yuuki stronger than kirito = kirito is inferior to yuuki overall

kirito said he reached floors higher than the others by the end of the beta test and he clearly wasn't slacking of when they were finally stuck inside SAO officially until around the late game that is so if we go by this then that means kirito was the one with the most Time and Dive activity than the rest of the survivors thus granting him more compatability with the nervegear than the rest... meaning better reaction time right?

I'm fairly certain reaction time has nothing to do with how long you use it so much as your....well, your actual reaction time IRL.
Dec 4, 2014 4:31 AM

May 2013
InsertPriestHere said:
aki_otaku said:

kirito said he reached floors higher than the others by the end of the beta test and he clearly wasn't slacking of when they were finally stuck inside SAO officially until around the late game that is so if we go by this then that means kirito was the one with the most Time and Dive activity than the rest of the survivors thus granting him more compatibility with the nervegear than the rest... meaning better reaction time right?

I'm fairly certain reaction time has nothing to do with how long you use it so much as your....well, your actual reaction time IRL.

no what im saying is that the longer you dive your brain adapts more to the VR environment hence increasing what you can do inside the game like.
smooth and precise body movement can be accomplished much more easier and develops your other senses, of course the players reaction time is one of the many things that's developed with prolonged diving.....
you can also say that your nervous system and the consoles connection improves overtime as well...
but like I said this is all just self-speculation...
KuroakiDec 4, 2014 4:34 AM
Dec 4, 2014 12:46 PM

Mar 2011
aki_otaku said:
InsertPriestHere said:

no what im saying is that the longer you dive your brain adapts more to the VR environment hence increasing what you can do inside the game like.
smooth and precise body movement can be accomplished much more easier and develops your other senses, of course the players reaction time is one of the many things that's developed with prolonged diving.....
you can also say that your nervous system and the consoles connection improves overtime as well...

Summed up in one xord, it's just experiences. And you usually become better at anything with time, and not worse, even if there it a "cap" for some things for some people
Dec 4, 2014 5:19 PM

Jan 2014
SolvitePriest said:
Why do people think combat experience matters in a 1v1 duel?

Well, in SAO it does, because of quite complicated skill system.
Dec 4, 2014 5:32 PM

Mar 2012
Sword art online doesn't even properly explain its in game mechanics so this thread makes zero sense...
Dec 4, 2014 10:17 PM
Mar 2012
Smooched said:
Sword art online doesn't even properly explain its in game mechanics so this thread makes zero sense...

Then now you know what the anime lacks and what the novels have.
Dec 5, 2014 5:53 AM

Aug 2012
Smooched said:

Naah. Some volumes has so much of those explanations that it becomes a chore to read them. If only I could skip those.
Dec 5, 2014 7:26 AM

May 2013
n
willardhwright said:
aki_otaku said:

Summed up in one xord, it's just experiences. And you usually become better at anything with time, and not worse, even if there it a "cap" for some things for some people

Exactly it just so happens that yuuki has more experience diving than kirito...
Dec 6, 2014 2:07 PM

Mar 2012
LastChapter said:

julyan said:

Naah. Some volumes has so much of those explanations that it becomes a chore to read them. If only I could skip those.

Not buying it. Explain to me why Kirito had dual wielding ability besides the fact that he's the main character. Everything is made on the fly for the convenience of the plot.
Dec 6, 2014 2:23 PM
Apr 2014
Smooched said:
LastChapter said:

julyan said:

Not buying it. Explain to me why Kirito had dual wielding ability besides the fact that he's the main character. Everything is made on the fly for the convenience of the plot.

... Explained in SAO1. Even in the anime.

Kayaba wanted to make someone take the "hero" role to fight against him, he chose the one with the best reaction time. Kirito. Profit.

Pls. Pls. Pls. Hating SAO because its popular and not because of proper reasons.

Dec 6, 2014 2:29 PM

Apr 2013
Good for you
Dec 6, 2014 2:35 PM

Mar 2012
Damn, your explanation totally does not align with my initial statement.

I'm not hating on it because it's popular. I don't even hate it. SAO/ALO are shit games to begin with. The reason why it's popular is totally not wish-fulfillment. I mean, nerds who are good at video games should totally attract every girl. The complexity of the game is totally what we're actually drawn to.
Dec 6, 2014 2:46 PM
Apr 2014
Smooched said:
Damn, your explanation totally does not align with my initial statement.

I'm not hating on it because it's popular. I don't even hate it. SAO/ALO are shit games to begin with. The reason why it's popular is totally not wish-fulfillment. I mean, nerds who are good at video games should totally attract every girl. The complexity of the game is totally what we're actually drawn to.

Yea, "nerds" who save those girls lives.

Dec 6, 2014 2:51 PM

Mar 2012
We can't have a serious conversation if you don't at least admit that SAO is for thirsty ass mofos like yourself. Nothing wrong with that. I actually liked watching SAO, especially SAO 2. I mean, GGO was the best contrived piece of literature I've read in ages.
Dec 6, 2014 3:03 PM

Mar 2011
Smooched said:
We can't have a serious conversation if you don't at least admit that SAO is for thirsty ass mofos like yourself. Nothing wrong with that. I actually liked watching SAO, especially SAO 2. I mean, GGO was the best contrived piece of literature I've read in ages.

This was true for SAO1 because they skipped the serious parts due to a terrible adaptation. SAO2? Not so much. Kirito in GGO is the polar opposite of wish-fulfillment (which is one of the reasons S1 is terrible, S1 completely missed the point of the novel)

Also how does this relate to it being "made on the spot"? It looks like you don't want to admit that you were wrong and therefore jump on something else. Something can be wish-fulfillment and not made on the spot at all.
And actually, it is everything except made on the spot. Even this one asspull at the end of Aincrad was is in fact part of something bigger in the end and it follows a clear structure.
willardhwrightDec 6, 2014 3:06 PM
Dec 6, 2014 3:22 PM
Apr 2014
Smooched said:

wot.

Pls, lol.

SAO was fine. Except for ALO, ALO was awful.

> Mirai Nikki on your list.

PLS.

Dec 6, 2014 3:32 PM
Feb 2014
Reyxe said:
Smooched said:

wot.

Pls, lol.

PLS.

Come on Reyxe, now you are getting unfair; whether or not somebody likes Mirai Nikki or Another (e. g. I hold it in a special place in my heart as it was my first anime since childhood I watched) or whatever else has nothing to do with how they perceive SAO.

Using anime lists to say that people have good or bad tastes is imo one of the worst things you can do as tastes are always personal, there is no such thing as a good or a bad taste.

For the actual point here: Sorry Smooched but what LastChapter and Julyan said last page is true, the original novel goes way more in detail in just about everything of season 1 and at least in game mechanics also in season 2.

But in this season I can overlook this because they at least try to get as much information in an episode as possible.
Dec 6, 2014 3:46 PM
Apr 2014
Caleb8980 said:
Reyxe said:

wot.

Pls, lol.

PLS.

Come on Reyxe, now you are getting unfair; whether or not somebody likes Mirai Nikki or Another (e. g. I hold it in a special place in my heart as it was my first anime since childhood I watched) or whatever else has nothing to do with how they perceive SAO.

Using anime lists to say that people have good or bad tastes is imo one of the worst things you can do as tastes are always personal, there is no such thing as a good or a bad taste.

For the actual point here: Sorry Smooched but what LastChapter and Julyan said last page is true, the original novel goes way more in detail in just about everything of season 1 and at least in game mechanics also in season 2.

But in this season I can overlook this because they at least try to get as much information in an episode as possible.

I'm trying to use some irony here.

I point they have bad taste and start asking for respect.

But they keep saying SAO is shit or for "thirsty ass mofos" like "myself".

If someone can't go and respect people's taste, then they sould've pure masterpiece on their lists, I just do it for fun when someone starts talking retarded stuff, if you check, I used Mirai Nikki as an example cause imo it sucks, Another was fine, but not that good either, i just pointed them out to prove my point.

I don't go flaming a show i don't hate on their subforum, i could be on Shingeki or Mirai Nikki easily cause i seriously don't like those, but i don't cause it's boring and, if someone likes it, then okay, but if that person comes here saying im a "thirsty ass mofo" then for sure i'm going to destroy their taste.

Just saying.

Tastes are personal, yes, but it doesn't give you the right to insult the entire SAO fanbase because you don't like it.

Dec 6, 2014 3:48 PM
Mar 2012
@Reyxe
Bashing on Mirai Nikki gives off the same attitude as those that bash on SAO, that's being hypocritical. Even if the other side has "shit" taste, don't fall to their level and make fun of their favorite series and instead defend with logical reasoning even if their biased opinions disallow them from looking at the truth. But at the very least, it's better than just having a bashfest.

@Smooched
We aren't pulling all these info and details out of our asses, they must come from somewhere. You said "The complexity of the game is totally what we're actually drawn to." In the anime, SAO and ALO barely had any of the game mechanics explained, and GGO luckily did have more clarification. If you truly mean what you say, the novels have that as it explains everything in detail, something the anime will never be able to do.
Dec 6, 2014 3:55 PM
Apr 2014
LastChapter said:
@Reyxe
Bashing on Mirai Nikki gives off the same attitude as those that bash on SAO, that's being hypocritical. Even if the other side has "shit" taste, don't fall to their level and make fun of their favorite series and instead defend with logical reasoning even if their biased opinions disallow them from looking at the truth. But at the very least, it's better than just having a bashfest.

I know i'm doing it, but since

1- this guy can't even give a proper reason on why SAO "sucks".
2- this guy is bashing both the show and the fanbase.

I'm all up to give a serious conversation, but if someone calls you a thirsty ass mofo for liking a series, then you would expect this guy to be a top reviewer getting paid for it, but... nope. Just pointed Mirai Nikki cause i can give a bunch of reason of why it sucks IMO.

Dec 6, 2014 3:57 PM
Feb 2014
Reyxe said:

Tastes are personal, yes, but it doesn't give you the right to insult the entire SAO fanbase because you don't like it.

Never said that, but there is no reason to get down to their level ;-)

I have long since given up to make discussion partners talk with you without taking your list into account, hence I struggled for a long time whether I should add anything in here in the first place, but then I ran into the problem that people didn't really believe what I said about a series.

For example sb didn't want to believe me that I found the first SAO season to be shit (even called me fanboy...) just because I wrote with somebody about this new season in my profile chat...

Well to make things short I usually point out that what they said if they insult an entire fanbase is beyond idiotic and let it go thereafter; that mostly silences those people at the spot.

EDIT: Oh well was ninja'ed by LC and yourself :P I should really work on my thinking speed...it's way too slow :D
Caleb8980Dec 6, 2014 4:03 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 27, 2014

611 by Bruh69XD »»
May 10, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

546 by amf85 »»
Apr 30, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

432 by amf85 »»
Apr 29, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

286 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 6, 2014

418 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 3:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.