Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yowamushi Pedal
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 30, 2016 12:21 PM

Apr 2014
really? another creep who sticks out his tongue? sigh i'm not sure if i'll be able to continue on but i'm also curious as to what will happen
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 5, 2016 8:44 PM

Sep 2015
That was cruel for Fuku to not help Machi...
But the ending lol
Mar 22, 2017 11:09 AM

Jul 2014
Machimiya.... talk about pathetic. Twisted revenge for an incident that was totally understandable seeing as they are opponents aiming for the same thing. He wouldn't have given up water if their places were reversed that's for sure.

Also what the hell is with all the tongues sticking out. It only makes them look stupid. lol
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Apr 15, 2017 7:26 AM

Jan 2015
Didn't like the episode because of Machimiya, but Arakita beast made me entertained. Stupid Onoda pointing out the obvious as always. You're bleeding. We're one flag behind, we are 2 flags behind, just gets on your nerves if you're Arakita or someone else racing, high pressure situation and someone just says the obvious.
Arakita found someone like his past self huh, someone who is obsessed with the past and gets easily irritated.

I kinda knew they are not just talkers and those who only use cheesy tactics, they did turn out to be pretty badass (And annoying) Basically Machimiya is Shinkai, tongue out(check) sprinter (check) super insane in that form(check)
Getting mad over your opponent not sharing his bottle is basically getting mad over someone who doesn't let you pass him LOL. Man also what a lame fucking excuse, " i would've won if he shared his bottle" Really dude, what a lame excuse. If it was Kinjou, you know what he would say. " I wasn't strong enough"

So Arakita is called wolf of Hakone huh, thats quite cool actually.
Apr 25, 2017 6:40 PM

Jul 2016
Machimiya is boring and tasteless, I don't see his worth at all. I can't bring myself to like him... Bearing a long af grudge to Hakone for his own misfortune of broken water bottles, Fuku-chan said sorry, explaining why he couldn't spare them yet...

Those sound effects of his muscles or whatever, HIS TWIN SHOULDER BLADE EXTENDING super power and the bruises from the handlebars hitting his chest were brutal. I got a bit squeamish. I was squeamish to Midousuji too, since they tend to use some dramatic horror noises as if they're metamorphosing (METAMOFOZEEEE ☆-) into some horrid monsters. I've come to grow fond of the lizard on the other hand.

Onoda, honey, we are quite aware that this and that is happening. If there was something you could do to help, you would be doing such. Just... just calm down lol.

Also that headbutt? So much for not resorting to underhanded tactics like the one year ago self you were! The blood from Arakita's head... No sorries either. I was expecting Arakita to manhandle afterwards... A second headbutt to his teammate too! I don't care whatever "feral mode" you get into! The only dude I see me liking is Higashimura from the Hiroshima team as for now.
Cazqui-09Apr 25, 2017 6:55 PM
Jun 11, 2017 12:58 PM

Mar 2015
Things I learned from this episode:
- broken bottles are serious business,
- every bad guy has a tongue like Gene Simmons,
- this race really has no fucking rules.
Sep 22, 2019 6:18 PM

Sep 2018
Why all villains always out their tongue???
And they always look creepy too! lol
Feb 8, 2021 12:09 AM

May 2020
Personally I loved this episode; in fact, I would say it's one of my favorite episodes up to this point in this season.

Machimiya's backstory was definitely the highlight of this episode for me. Fukutomi did nothing wrong; as a participant in the Interhigh trying to win, he had absolutely no obligation to share his water bottle with Machimiya. But I really do understand the pain that Machimiya felt: the pain of losing due to circumstances outside of your control, and to lose in your home region on top of it all. And I do think that in times of great distress like what Machimiya was experiencing, it's not irrational to assume that he would deflect the anguish onto Hakogaku.

I thought Machimiya's backstory was awesome not because it tries to make you sympathize for the character like Midousuji's backstory, but rather it contextualizes Machimiya's character in a way that explains everything about him without trying to make you see him in a new light. Machimiya is still every bit as scummy as he was before this episode, but this backstory really makes it understandable why he is the way he is.
Mar 6, 2021 10:53 AM

Nov 2016
I mean it sure is unreasonable and extreme to hold a grudge against Hakone for over a year, but it's not like I can't understand where Machiyama is coming from.

National competition on home turf, living up to expecations, he dedicated his life to the sport and then shit happens. Surely frustrating.

It must've felt so unfair. He was desperate in the situation and the person who could've helped him refused. I've seen people act pettier when less was at stake.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 26, 2021 1:49 PM

Jul 2015
Futile revenge I must say. Fukutomi wasn't obligated to give his waterbottle especially since he's an opponent so I don't know why Machimiya acts so salty about it

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2014

64 by Hoshiosora »»
Apr 30, 5:00 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2015

102 by Krravena12544 »»
Oct 24, 2023 1:12 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2015

54 by Dripz2012 »»
Feb 1, 2023 6:29 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2015

55 by Dripz2012 »»
Feb 1, 2023 6:09 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2014

61 by Dripz2012 »»
Jan 27, 2023 7:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.