Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 29, 2014 8:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, an episode giving Hilda the spotlight.

We get to see a bit of a more vulnerable side of herself and her mother. Nothing too out of ordinary except her current lifestyle. It's amusing to see Ange fighting off those guards though.
Stark700Nov 29, 2014 9:02 AM
Nov 29, 2014 9:06 AM

May 2009
Mandatory Bakemono episode
Nov 29, 2014 9:08 AM

Apr 2009

I love this stupid fucking show
Nov 29, 2014 10:30 AM

Nov 2008
Ange was too late and the whole episode is beyond sad.

Sylvia is fucking insane now, I didn't expect her to come out and attack Ange like that, I bet Julio is part of the blame for the personality change, that bastard. It's going to get worse next episode (Ange being imprisoned and publicly whipped) but it seems Tusk who was on top of the castle in this episode will save Ange and Hilda.

Hilda has it worse as she was replaced as her mom doesn't want anything to do with her anymore because she's a norma. The cops beat her pretty good as well when they could've just grabbed her and threw her in the car.

Nov 29, 2014 11:31 AM

May 2014
The day Ange guns down Julio will be a happy one.
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Nov 29, 2014 11:39 AM

Nov 2008
KazuhoYoshii said:

The entire empire is flawed and invalid, I say feed them to the dragons.

Nov 29, 2014 2:08 PM

Jan 2014
A show of this quality deserves a full 52 ep run.
Nov 29, 2014 3:10 PM

Mar 2008
acrimonious said:

Totally agree. Awesome old school anime. Fast pacing, interesting events happen in quick succession. I don't see any plot hole or flaw yet.
Nov 29, 2014 5:14 PM

Aug 2014
lol we all knew that was never going to go well

i feel as though the mentality of these "humans" are very abnormal. her mother shooing her again even though she was crying as she was captured by the police? thats pretty absurd but what am i complaining, the whole show is pretty stupid anyway

i didn't expect her imouto to be all violent though
good plot twist(?)
Nov 29, 2014 5:55 PM

Mar 2014
acrimonious said:

I totally agree. By the end of the series and there isn't a season, guess we'll have to read the manga
Nov 29, 2014 6:06 PM

Dec 2013
This show so underrated lol.

Time for the empire to become dragon food.
If I forget to reply feel free to drop a message or comment on my profile!
Nov 29, 2014 6:28 PM

May 2013
Cross Ange continues to be repugnant and cheesy on every possible level.

Nov 29, 2014 6:37 PM

Apr 2014
Ventris said:
Cross Ange continues to be repugnant and cheesy on every possible level.

yet you still watch it

damn they really, really hate normas
Nov 29, 2014 6:39 PM

Jan 2012
I still don't know why I'm watching this I mean...it's sooooo over the top. What does it say when I'm now rooting for the mom and wheelchair bound sister to die painful deaths? I mean Momoka's been the only legit likable character so far. Must EVERY character be an over the top monster? I get that they've been trained to view norma as monsters but it's so unrealistic, and I don't watch anime for realism but even I think it's a bit much. It's pretty hilarious in its ridiculousness though. I'm just waiting for the eventual twist to see if the "good" guys...the norma I guess...eventually start striking back at these awful, awful people. Plus while it won't be worth enduring all the bullcrap leading up to it, when Ange finally gets to kill her brother...which we just know is gonna happen...it's gonna be goooooooooooooood. :D
Nov 29, 2014 6:51 PM
Jan 2011
That last scene where the police beat up Hilda reminded me of this.

I am waiting for Kira to come in and save the day. Then they can go f*** all of the Manas with the exception of Momoka, that other princess, and maybe the Mana at Arzenal since she looks like she's going to turn to the good side.
Nov 29, 2014 7:07 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Ange was so badass this episode; owned all those police forces with a gun and hand grenades alone! Of course, partial credits goes to Momoka for assisting her.

Hilda being forsaken by her mom was such a heartbreaking scene. What type of bitch mother does that? >.< Also, where did that little Hilda come from?

So, Sylvia pretended to be in trouble just so Ange would come to her rescue and she'd finally be able to wound her physically? Sounds legit.
Yeah, blame everything on Norma. Blame Ange because Julio-Oniisama didn't actually rape you.

Good episode. Hopefully, we'll see Tusk coming to save Ange and then ask her to marry him in return. I won't be surprised if the second part actually happens. XD

Nov 29, 2014 7:11 PM

Jul 2008
This episode shows the potential of the series if the producers choose to up the ante :D It wouldn't be as good as Code Geass but it would still be very awesome :) It all started with Ange's brother and it will end with his death >:)
Nov 29, 2014 7:15 PM

May 2013
Honestly, I felt bad for Hilda in this episode. It just sucks that everybody looks at a Norma like they are monsters. I felt bad for Ange too. She really thought that her little sister needed help, but of course that wasn't the case. Both of them were betrayed by their family which sucks :(
Nov 29, 2014 7:42 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This was the best episode so far for me....The feels were just too strong. I felt really bad for Hilda and Ange, no one deserves to go through that :(

I hope that all of those fuckers in this episode die and that this society burns to the ground
Nov 29, 2014 7:43 PM

Feb 2013
Hoppy said:
KazuhoYoshii said:

The entire empire is flawed and invalid, I say feed them to the dragons.

Yass
Nov 29, 2014 7:45 PM

Mar 2014
MysticArte said:
That last scene where the police beat up Hilda reminded me of this.

I am waiting for Kira to come in and save the day. Then they can go f*** all of the Manas with the exception of Momoka, that other princess, and maybe the Mana at Arzenal since she looks like she's going to turn to the good side.

lol my exact words for that scene were "Damn they straight up rodney kinged her ass"
Nov 29, 2014 8:17 PM
Nov 2014
with no fan service, solely on plot, this is the best episode to date of the whole series so far.

Once again, proof that the plot is where a story counts... (nobrainer)

It actually brings on far more mystery, as why the bloody brother wants Ange out? to use her to show he is ruthless to rule the land by killing her? He has to know shes the top ace in the battle against the dragons... lol. hopefully the next episode is better explained.

The way her sister changed is not well explained as of yet, since they had such good relationships, something should remain deep down since shes is a kid not an adult, it also needs explaining in a way further down the track.

However the other girls tale has far more impact in terms of personal development, we learn why she has such attachment was because she was already old when discovered. unlike those grown up over in the base.

I totally expect some torture scene for the next episode inline with that controversial scene in episode one.

The plot for the next one is rather predictable: both girls get tortured and Ange end up being some sort of example for the terror of the noma and going to be publicly executed, but Tusk save both them. Hopefully we get more explaining of the background plot the motive of the brother and that link to the Asian princess. Cause it is 10 episode in and we have no idea who one central character teased since episode one is, is a bit much.
Nov 29, 2014 8:30 PM

Jun 2014
Look at this show go. People were dissing it and dropped it and now look what those bastards missed. And the feels in this ep. Just imagine if that was you being rejected by your family. It was a really well directed ep.
Let’s say you drink too much strawberry milk, and have to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. You don’t want to get up, but the urge to urinate is just too strong! You run to the bathroom, stand in front of the toilet, and let loose! You think that all your life has led to this moment! YOU'RE STILL IN BED! That feeling of lukewarm wetness spreads! But you can’t stop! THAT’S THE TRUTH OF THE STRAWBERRY MILK! DO YOU GET IT? ~ Gintoki
An unforeseen situation... An unexpected turn of events... In the face of those, you too will face your true self. — Makishima Shougo
Nov 29, 2014 8:34 PM
Feb 2010
jackaus said:
I totally expect some torture scene for the next episode inline with that controversial scene in episode one.

Well the preview does show Ange getting whipped publicly by her sister. Sylvia entered this show with "appearance" of being a Nunally expy, still is one kind of , but with one stab scene she has set out on a path to destroy the wheelchair-sister archetype.

This also goes with Sunrise's apparent trend of messing with sister characters, thanks Tomino. All three of their current shows have Older sister types, G-Reco has Aida, GBF: Try has Mirai, and Ange who is the MC here. I guess the staff decided to mess with the "Defenseless Cute Little Sister" character type and damage the "Protective Older Sister" character type that Ange might've held onto since episode 1.
iCardsNov 29, 2014 8:38 PM
Nov 29, 2014 8:38 PM

Feb 2014
This shit is just getting awful and depressing. I don't know if I can bare to finish this series..
Nov 29, 2014 9:10 PM

May 2014
Sigh... I love this damn show

Every episode is just so entertaining, but this was the best episode so far.
Nov 29, 2014 9:24 PM

Jan 2013
So much feels
oh Hilda that was a lot of feels from her
plus that was messed up when the cops beat her up
Ange's side didn't have that much feels but it's progressing the story
Nov 29, 2014 9:33 PM

Feb 2012
Wow, the little sister betrayal was probably the last straw for Ange. If the commercial break transition indicates anything, I really hope we get to see her go ape shit and unleash the dragons on them.
Hilda's mothers betrayal was much more predictable, everything was going too smooth in the beginning.
Wtf was with the preview? Little sister starts lashing Ange with the whip and then later gets punched in the gut by her superior. haha Mel would be proud.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 29, 2014 9:36 PM

Dec 2013
The norma are still too naive
Nov 29, 2014 9:42 PM

Nov 2011
dam that was a intense episode
Hate Keeps me warm
Nov 29, 2014 9:54 PM

Apr 2014
Holy shit.

That escalated pretty quickly. I was already drawn in by this anime but i wasn't going to take it too seriously. Now I feel like i should buy the blu-ray set when it comes out, no matter the price.
Nov 29, 2014 10:16 PM

May 2013
WAT. BRAINWASHED OR NOT, HAVING A NEW CHILD OR NOT, IF I CAN STRANGLE SOMEONE IN MY SCREEN, THOSE BASTARDS WILL PAY. MY GOSH, THE RACISM IS TOO HIGH AND TOO IDIOT IN THIS EPISODE. I WILL LAUGH SO HARD IF THEY'LL HAVE THEIR KARMA NEXT TIME.

Well, at least Ange is so badass and Hilda is beautiful in her outfit.

And I saw Tusk here and next time. FINALLY.

But, please send that freaking DRAGONS next time. So that the empire will feel how much hard to become a norma and protect them even if it cost their lives
The world shall know the truth soon.
Nov 29, 2014 10:50 PM

May 2012
shit, that was harsh
Nov 29, 2014 11:14 PM
Sep 2014
Jesus. Just seeing that shit happening to them breaks my heart so damn much. And I hate Hilda, but pity her so much beyond my hate. A feeling I haven't felt for years. Damn good episode that shows how disgusting and dark side the society truly is.
Nov 29, 2014 11:28 PM

Aug 2014
Beautiful. Hilda's side was much better than Ange's comically villainous siblings.
Sieg Zeon!
Nov 29, 2014 11:30 PM

Oct 2010
Plain cruel. No one should have to go through that terrible experience of being betrayed by your closest loved ones, and made to suffer for holding on to their feelings. It seems like the little invalid cunt forgot that it was a SOLDIER that shot the queen. Ange was the only one who grieved and everyone else was like "oh well, funeral time it is" like no one gave a fuck.

But oh well. All the sweeter when the dawn of the revolution finally comes. Today's Urban Dictionary Word of the Day is "revenge is a dish best served cold", and my goodness will it be ecstasy when the main cast finally beats some sense into these shit-filled, greasy fucks pretending to be human.

Why the hell is this rated so low? This is one of the tops of this season, perhaps even in the entire year. Yet another example of MAL ratings being full of shit. A 6.62 really?
Nov 30, 2014 12:04 AM

May 2014
HowTragic said:

Why the hell is this rated so low? This is one of the tops of this season, perhaps even in the entire year. Yet another example of MAL ratings being full of shit. A 6.62 really?

SJWs made a big deal over rape in the show (despite the fact that Ange was NOT raped in ep1, and was only the victim of an attempted sexual assault in ep2).

Then add in the folks that can't stand fanservice and the trolls using duplicate accounts to post 1/10 ratings...

That being said, this is probably the show of the season that has me most interested. SNB Genesis is starting to lose steam for me, and I've already read the Parasyte manga, so there really aren't any surprises left.
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Nov 30, 2014 1:01 AM
Oct 2012
The real monsters is the mana users, Ange Hilda don give up. there's always tomorrow, today was the pain but now comes the healing and the conviction to stay alive ange lead the world to a new future.
Nov 30, 2014 1:12 AM

Jan 2013
Man, great episode, and they didn't even need to use action or something else.
I wasn't expecting Ange's sister to do that to her, it must the brother's fault, I wonder if he made a move on her.
Nov 30, 2014 2:41 AM
Oct 2014
that's the last straw for ange and hilda
Nov 30, 2014 2:54 AM

Jun 2014
Sad episode :( , i hate a lot of characters now
Nov 30, 2014 3:36 AM

May 2009
Nov 30, 2014 3:40 AM

Jul 2012
Woah, I think this episode is the best one so far. Really sad to see both of them getting treated like that :O. Hilda and Age really seem alike now.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Nov 30, 2014 3:42 AM

Apr 2014
Julio must die. Horribly and very slowly.
Nov 30, 2014 3:47 AM

Jun 2014
Sylvia must die too / Hilda's mom
Nov 30, 2014 3:48 AM

Dec 2007
Beating a defenceless person is never cool. =_=
Nov 30, 2014 3:48 AM
Apr 2011
Is it bad that after watching this episode i want to see Ange's country be destroyed and a large majority of the citizens eaten by the dragons.
Nov 30, 2014 4:01 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
So the comedic tone of the last episodes is now dropped completely and even the fanservice was absent. I almost felt like a different person wrote this episode.

In any case, it's now abundantly clear how much Norma are despised. What I want to know is why Julio and Sylvia lured Ange back? What's the point?

Next episode will have some serious wipping it seems. But I expect Tusk to fly in for the save. And at some point I'd like to find out more about those dragons.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 30, 2014 4:13 AM

Jan 2013
I despise those people who hate Normas just because they can't use magic. They're all the same.

Nov 30, 2014 4:20 AM

May 2013
bastek66 said:

I bet her mother told about her to the police that why she was caught.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

331 by jiashun02 »»
Oct 22, 2023 3:16 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

194 by Babieca009 »»
Aug 17, 2023 5:51 PM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

131 by FireRifle64 »»
Aug 8, 2023 1:03 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

285 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Jul 17, 2023 4:24 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

151 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Jul 17, 2023 3:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.