Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 25, 2014 10:07 AM
Oct 2014
Hey, recently finished S2 OreImo. Great anime. I've somehow stumbled up on OreImo having a bad ending and did a little bit of.. research. I'm having trouble watching S2 because of it (not sure if i should) Is the ending really that bad? Could you explain in a non-spoilery way?
Nov 25, 2014 10:09 AM
Sep 2014
Very, very, very bad. Mass Effect 3 ending > OreImo ending
Nov 25, 2014 10:10 AM

Feb 2012
Depends on what you ship, and even then its fucking half assed shitty ending.
LucasRTS said:
Not THAT bad m8. But still pretty shit.
Nov 25, 2014 10:10 AM

Dec 2008
Some people were expecting something and that something didn't happen. They were disappointed.
Nov 25, 2014 10:12 AM

Dec 2013
Yes, it was horrible, the best ship didn't win, and i'm still pissed
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Nov 25, 2014 10:13 AM

Nov 2014
Spoiler below:

Nov 25, 2014 10:16 AM

Oct 2012
I don't think its that people weren't expecting something else, it just felt like a giant cop out that I'm pretty sure was the result of executive meddling.
Nov 25, 2014 10:24 AM
Nov 2013
I don't think is that different from the whole show, is just slightest worse than the rest of the anime. But you think OreImo is great, then I don't see why you wouldn't enjoy the ending.
Nov 25, 2014 10:29 AM

Nov 2012
best girl lost
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Nov 25, 2014 10:30 AM

Dec 2013
ninjastarforcex said:
best girl lost
Finally, we agree on something
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Nov 25, 2014 10:31 AM

Oct 2012
ninjastarforcex said:
best girl lost

When does best girl ever win? :(
Nov 26, 2014 10:38 AM

Oct 2011
It's bad. It's bad because it isn't good for anyone. No one wins anything at the end
Nov 27, 2014 4:37 PM

Jul 2014
Idc, I saw this series for the incest. Nonetheless, I sorta got it? Who knows. I did ship Kyousuke and Ayase tho, but "Incest for the win." Is right
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 27, 2014 4:39 PM

Apr 2014
It was pretty bad yeah, but I convinced myself to still love the show with "the journey is worth more than the destination."
Nov 28, 2014 6:33 AM

Sep 2009
Exodor said:
Hey, recently finished S2 OreImo. Great anime. I've somehow stumbled up on OreImo having a bad ending and did a little bit of.. research. I'm having trouble watching S2 because of it (not sure if i should) Is the ending really that bad? Could you explain in a non-spoilery way?

The bolded has confused me ?__?

Dec 5, 2014 2:51 PM

Aug 2013
LucasRTS said:

Well, damn! I haven't seen S2 yet, but after reading this...I'm scared...
PoeticJustice said:
nigga i am black, do you think my ass would fit in? "Oh look it is negro kun." Hell no.
Dec 22, 2014 6:40 AM
Feb 2012
The last 3 ova is badly adapted but the light novel is not bad at all, the series is getting all the hate mostly because kyousuke rejected all the girls therefore lefting all those fanboys raging
Dec 22, 2014 6:42 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
just go in with the mindset that the last minute or two of the last episode never happened (because they shouldn't have if not the editorial department had been pussies and forced the author to rewrite the script) and everything's fine
Jan 1, 2015 11:51 PM

Jun 2013
HaXXspetten said:
just go in with the mindset that the last minute or two of the last episode never happened (because they shouldn't have if not the editorial department had been pussies and forced the author to rewrite the script) and everything's fine

im sure it would be more incest and probably a sex scene
Mar 6, 2015 4:48 PM
Jan 2015
I dont really think it was as awfull as I thought it would be but it was confusing as **uck
Mar 7, 2015 2:25 AM
Mar 2011
jlvyn14 said:
HaXXspetten said:

im sure it would be more incest and probably a sex scene

Highly doubtful, since their relationship doesn't last.

If I had to describe the ending in one word it would be 'reset'.
May 24, 2015 2:48 PM

Feb 2015
After all the shouting, crying, suffering they ended with a joke ..lame. I still like it though. it was fun but ..they should have had the balls to do it proper, based on what transpired during the last 2 episodes.
All the crying they did was for nothing ..
Jun 17, 2015 8:10 PM
Apr 2015
I enjoyed the end.. People will moan and bitch though... I wanted Ruri to win in the end but it was shot out of the air faster than The god of conquest ( Katsuragi Keima) finishing a Gal-game...Even tho that shit happend and I cursed the foul man who hurt Ruri I am happy that the main character found love.. even if they have to wait for Three more years... And who knows they might not even love each other after the time passes.. And then your girl might have a chance with him... I know that it didn't happen in the anime just think about it.. He's going to a university for classes and is possibly going to move.. and far away form her... Buttttt....... im routing for them.. call me sick if you want I think it was a great romance.. and just because of one detail... shit happens.. I know its a big detail... but in the past we've done it..... and we still do things now that we've done in the past... soooooo yeeeaah deal with the incest .... ill end with the quote of the anime

*Clears throat* *MMMMMKKKKKMMKKM* "INCEST FOR THE WIN"
-Kyosaka Kyousake 2013
Jul 18, 2015 12:23 PM

Jul 2014
This is one of the exceptions where incest =/= wincest, truly a shitty copout ending.
Jul 19, 2015 10:17 PM
Apr 2015
I personally think they ruined the series with these specials, I'll just pretend that they don't exist :(
Jul 28, 2015 11:04 AM
Aug 2014
Ending? Is this a joke?
Jul 29, 2015 8:25 PM

Jun 2015
-Alians- said:
Ending? Is this a joke?

Looks like we wasted our life
Main character = virgin for life
Story = pointless/ lacks common sense now
Mar 29, 2018 7:22 PM
Oct 2017
The story kinda freak u know.... its not a bad ending but..... well.... just think about it... the brother who fall in love with his little sister.... well whatever.... its up to the novelist.
Mar 29, 2018 7:24 PM

Nov 2016
My Answer In Just One Gif.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2019 12:16 PM

Aug 2017
Every girl seemed to have lost and there was also no harem ending.

Ayase, harem or even Saori would have been good. Or Kanako even.
Mar 10, 2019 6:19 PM
Dec 2018
I would have been glad if he would of picked any of them instead of rejecting them all
Oct 14, 2019 6:39 AM
Nov 2018
Yes, a piece of shit
Nov 22, 2019 3:49 AM

Mar 2019
Bad from what perspective? Storytelling or money-making?

Ore.Imo. was bad in all respects from a storytelling perspective, through no real fault of the author, but t.v. stations are commercial enterprises.

They know that a full open incest series would be too controversial so they dog-whistled it till the very end. I see quite a lot of thoughts from viewers that were in all earnest surprised at the incest ending and maintained that it was just a story about two siblings growing closer together, so it worked exactly as they planned: they kept the incestuous subtext livid enough for those that seek it to notice it and keep watching, but subtle enough for those offended by it to be able to block it out and hit both markets.

In the character commentary they even talk about that; the character commentary is actually mutch better and the interaction between Kyousuke and Kirino is famous therein with a lot more overt incestuous subtext. Kirino even points out that Kyousuke displays a lot of sexual intensity that was never seen in the main series; and they remark upon that they can do that on a d.v.d.-only extra feature but not on television and poke fun at it.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Nov 30, 2019 4:01 PM

May 2018
I watched this anime for the comedy and a bit of romance. Although I know there will be some incestuous romance, I don't like an incestuous conclusion myself.

I am a normal person, I have one sibling, a sister too, an older one. Watching this, many things happened between Kyou and Kirino I can relate. Most of the time we always fight and we hate each other, but we also always look for each other, ask for advice about many things, such as romance. And there were some times, especially when we were still high schooler, where I would go out with my sister, accompanying her shopping, or watching movies in cinema.

Up until S2 episode 9, or maybe ep 12, I see the relationship between Kyou and Kirino just as a heartwarming relation of siblings, as family, not lover. This kind of reminds me about me and my sister years ago, because now theres no way I can enjoy things together again, or have that kind of relationship again, she's busy working person now and married and have children.

SPOILERS BELOW, dont open if you haven't watched

For me, the good end of this series is on s2 ep9, or maybe ep12
b3rvirusNov 30, 2019 4:35 PM
Dec 13, 2019 2:43 PM
Sep 2019
b3rvirus said:
I watched this anime for the comedy and a bit of romance. Although I know there will be some incestuous romance, I don't like an incestuous conclusion myself.

I am a normal person, I have one sibling, a sister too, an older one. Watching this, many things happened between Kyou and Kirino I can relate. Most of the time we always fight and we hate each other, but we also always look for each other, ask for advice about many things, such as romance. And there were some times, especially when we were still high schooler, where I would go out with my sister, accompanying her shopping, or watching movies in cinema.

Up until S2 episode 9, or maybe ep 12, I see the relationship between Kyou and Kirino just as a heartwarming relation of siblings, as family, not lover. This kind of reminds me about me and my sister years ago, because now theres no way I can enjoy things together again, or have that kind of relationship again, she's busy working person now and married and have children.

SPOILERS BELOW, dont open if you haven't watched

For me, the good end of this series is on s2 ep9, or maybe ep12
thing is the author 100 percent squid it was the incest ending with the last kiss at the end, the only reason why it wasn’t 100 percent shown was because his producers wanted it toned down for imagine reasons so he did that so the viewer would know it was still going to happen

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Specials Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

857 by kagamiiin »»
May 6, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Specials Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

115 by kagamiiin »»
May 6, 6:37 AM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Specials Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

253 by kagamiiin »»
May 6, 5:57 AM

» The ending is not as sad as you think!!! PLEASE READ

White_Kotori - Jan 8, 2017

19 by Supderolc »»
Mar 24, 2023 7:36 PM

» Harem ending

removed-user - Dec 11, 2022

3 by Aref_Afkhami »»
Dec 12, 2022 1:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.