Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 23, 2014 9:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, this episode was funny.

Not only do we get a Miss Monochrome cameo but also some other wacky ideas thrown in. Kinda fun seeing all the girls cooperating though.
Nov 23, 2014 9:59 AM

Oct 2012
Finally at long last we get to see some male characters show up in this series.

In addition to Chloe Lemaire and Library Committee member Fumio Murakami (村上文緒),
there are seven fans of Mahiro Natsume's (夏目真尋) wonderful novel. To help you keep
track, here are their names along with links to webpages which show their pictures:

Michiru Tomura (戸村美知留), Class 2-C, Going Home club,
- orange hair, pink ribbon, side ponytail
http://gamedb.xii.jp/gf_kari/girl.php?id=70

Chizuru Onodera (小野寺千鶴), Class 3-C, Manga Research Club
- green hair, black hair band, glasses, 164 cm tall
http://gamedb.xii.jp/gf_kari/girl.php?id=53&_i=5

Erena Mochizuki (望月エレナ), Class 3-A, Photography Club
- long blonde hair, green eyes, purple ribbon
http://gamedb.xii.jp/gf_kari/girl.php?id=75

Tsugumi Harumiya (春宮つぐみ), Class 2-C, Track Club
- dark blue short hair, blue eyes
http://gamedb.xii.jp/gf_kari/girl.php?id=79

Yudzuki Kiriyama (桐山優月), 2nd Year, Movie Research Club
- purple hair
http://gamedb.xii.jp/gf_kari/girl.php?id=19

Isuki Ishida (石田いすき), Class 2-B, Geography Club, 146 cm tall
- green/yellow hair, brown hair buns, striped socks
http://gamedb.xii.jp/gf_kari/girl.php?id=109

Miss Monochrome (ミス・モノクローム), Class 2-C, Going Home Club
- silver-haired robot with black and white tie
http://gamedb.xii.jp/gf_kari/girl.php?id=62
okanaganNov 23, 2014 11:51 AM
Nov 23, 2014 11:34 AM

Jul 2014
Another enjoyable episode, and this time with a story that I, as someone who also aspires to write a novel, could also strongly relate to. I could really feel for Natsume when everyone was pressuring her to finish the story like that; I too would find it somewhat irritating and quite overwhelming as well.

On a different note, who is Isuki Ishida's VA? 'Cos I gotta say, I REALLY like her voice.
Nov 23, 2014 11:44 AM

Oct 2012
@DanielTortoisee:

Green/yellow-haired Isuki Ishida's voice actress is Chiaki Omigawa (小見川 千明).
See here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiaki_Omigawa

okanaganNov 23, 2014 12:04 PM
Nov 23, 2014 12:18 PM
Jul 2018
Natsume sure can write one good novel.
Nov 23, 2014 3:25 PM

Jan 2013
(just noticed that I forgot to update and comment the previous episode :/)

Ok episode, good to see that chop soi (? forgot the name) was saved.
Nov 23, 2014 3:37 PM

Mar 2013
episode were ok this time,
Funny story :)
Nov 23, 2014 5:46 PM

May 2013
Ever since elementary, dang that's commitment.

Ah, writer's block. The ultimate enemy of authors all around.

Shipping Natsume with short blue-haired girl.

That android is so cute. I want to take her home.

Not sure how that "information" could help her... or a massage for that matter. All those girls would more likely be a distraction.

Oh wait, helps her write as she gains the experience of more friends and having a good time. Right.

What Natsume was saying before about why she liked writing the story actually made sense and I could definitely relate.

Aww Natsume was indirectly saying that she wanted to spend more time with everyone. Cutie patooties.

Aight episode.
Nov 23, 2014 9:59 PM

Aug 2013
If you watch carefully, there was Student Council's President randomly appeared giving Natsume a cup of tea..

Anyway, good episode..
Nov 23, 2014 10:07 PM

Jun 2013
FIIIIIIIIIIIIIINALY more Chloe!!!!!!! <3 good episode
Nov 23, 2014 10:18 PM

Apr 2013
Judging from how the opening line of the novel and its sequel start out, I'm willing to bet it's rather mediocre if only because there's no other information we got from it apart from the imagine spot and clichés they rambled off at the end. That beginning sentence is something a children's picture book would start out with. I've read and written fan fiction more engaging from the get-go than that.

God, I hate this anime. If only I didn't have this no-drop policy of mine...
Nov 24, 2014 3:09 AM

May 2010
Started feeling all emotional this episode with how everyone was working together to try and help the novel writer and then all the comments about how much they loved the story...

Wonderful episode. Did not expect such feels from this episodic SOL series with so many characters not getting much screen time.

Silver4000 said:
(just noticed that I forgot to update and comment the previous episode :/)

Ok episode, good to see that chop soi (? forgot the name) was saved.

lol It's "Bok Choy", as in the vegetable.
Nov 24, 2014 10:29 AM

Nov 2010
I want to read that novel :3
Nov 24, 2014 1:32 PM

Oct 2012
I hope that Chizuru Onodera (the tall girl with green hair and a black hair band)
will turn it into a manga.
Nov 24, 2014 3:42 PM

Apr 2010
So in the end she didn't manage to complete her novel but the question is what is she going to do with it?
Is she going to publish it while writhing a sequel or is she just writhing because she want to writhe?
Nov 24, 2014 8:31 PM

May 2010
Aversa said:
So in the end she didn't manage to complete her novel but the question is what is she going to do with it?
Is she going to publish it while writhing a sequel or is she just writhing because she want to writhe?

It's "writing" without the "h". Writhing is something else entirely >_< Maybe you mistyped but then you would have had to do so 3 times which I thought is unlikely

Most likely she is just writing because she wants to.
Nov 25, 2014 6:49 PM

Apr 2011
I was wondering why Natsume's voice sounds familiar, I then look it up see it shares the same VA as Chiaki in Minami-ke.
Nov 25, 2014 9:08 PM

Oct 2012

The voice actress for Natsume-san (夏目真尋) is Minori Chihara (茅原実里).

English-language Wikipedia page about her:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minori_Chihara
Japanese-language Wikipedia page about her.
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E8%8C%85%E5%8E%9F%E5%AE%9F%E9%87%8C

@Magito: You are correct. She was the VA for Chiaki Minami in Minami-ke.

As far as I know, Minori Chihara is unique in the history of anime. She is the
only voice performer who appeared as herself in an anime. In Episode 12 of
Lucky Star, Minori Chihara was one of the characters in the story. The VA for
Minori Chihara was Minori Chihara. This was the scene set at Comiket. This
is my favorite episode of Lucky Star.
okanaganNov 25, 2014 9:17 PM
Nov 26, 2014 12:52 PM

Jul 2012
LOL! That novel though. xD

That was a pretty nice episode, til around the ending where everyone got all sad that the novel ended....but they enjoyed it until the very end.

....Then Natsume made a continuation of the novel, and everyone lived happily ever after~! x3
Nov 27, 2014 10:18 PM

Sep 2014
loved this episode. First it made me laugh with all the different facial reactions to her story. Then it mostly made me cry. When her teardrop hit her hand and they zoomed in on her face, I just couldn't stop the tears from flowing. I've felt the same way about anime ending.

Liked when she said "I just like writing it." That's what it comes down to. Like what you do, the rest comes naturally. Her feelings about writing were expanded upon in the library later. She admits it can be frustrating at times and she does make mistakes, but looking forward to what happens to the characters keeps her motivated to write and makes it enjoyable.

glad that the story wasn't completely finished so she can visit that world again.
Nov 27, 2014 11:57 PM

Oct 2012

The alien, the shiba dog, the sea monkey and Kumamoto Castle were all voiced
by one performer. Did Kumamoto Castle have a strong Kyushu accent?

Apparently, there was no voice actress for the bokchoy since she didn't have any
actual spoken lines.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Here is the preview for Episode 8:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK8iQeq287A
In fact, you already watched it after the ED of Episode 7.

- - - - - - - - - -

To get prepared for Episode 8, you might want to familiarize yourself with a
brand-new character. Here is the basic background information about her, but
there are no actual plot spoilers inside this spoiler tag:

- - - - - - - - - -

Here is what I think the mini-synopsis says. Warning: There are some plot
spoilers here.
okanaganNov 28, 2014 5:22 PM
Dec 13, 2014 6:06 AM

Nov 2011
Funny episode, not bad character Natsume.
With new characters, shown today, I definitely lost the number.
Not bad even the plot that gives us a little truth in this world, we all fall in love with the characters of the stories that we face, whether they are books, video games or movies.
Jan 20, 2015 9:38 PM

May 2012
Lovely episode, especially that ending was nice! Let's see what's next.
Apr 17, 2015 10:00 AM

Oct 2012
Erena and Chloe voice acting is still horrendous as ever but other than that it was pretty nice and heartwarming story, one of better ones here in this series.
May 8, 2015 8:25 AM

Jan 2012
Fairly simple motivation for our group of girls this episode: help Natsume continue her novel. I found it humorous how pretty much every girl who read it had the same emotional responses. In the end I guess the story was too good to end...at least on screen. :P
Oct 21, 2015 8:44 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Funny episode.

>Everyone pass the story around and then let's tell Natsume to make a sequel xD

Aug 1, 2016 4:54 PM

Jul 2014
BOK CHOY DECREES NO WAIFUS ARE LEFT SAD, DAMMIT!

Yeah, the ending was pretty cheap. I was this close to empathizing with Natsume there, as I related to that feeling of emptiness after writing something that engrosses you for as long as it did. But that only works if you let bygones be bygones. Undoing what probably had to be the most poignant moment of the show is a reprehensible offense that will not be forgotten. Perhaps this was all part of Bok Choy's nefarious scheme. Who knows?

On a side note, at least this episode gave us some cute material for reaction images that we can make use of when formulating our shameless shitposts on 4chan and what not.

Mich666 said:
Erena and Chloe voice acting is still horrendous as ever but other than that it was pretty nice and heartwarming story, one of better ones here in this series.

Chloe's is just a caricature of European pronunciation and grammatical mistakes of Japanese stuff, I wouldn't say it's "horrendous". Even if it was, I'd think it'd be more in service of her character rather than an grievance of mine.
KatoBytesAug 1, 2016 4:59 PM
Why do people have such bad taste? Anime isn't subjective anymore.
Feb 18, 2018 6:27 PM

Oct 2014
KatoBytes said:

Mich666 said:

Chloe's is just a caricature of European pronunciation and grammatical mistakes of Japanese stuff, I wouldn't say it's "horrendous". Even if it was, I'd think it'd be more in service of her character rather than an grievance of mine.
It's more annoying than horrendous, and I find the faked accent quite cringeworthy. A random french girl with no voice acting experience and minimal Japanese knowledge reading off a script would've been the far better option. But as that didn't work out, they should've just let her speak proper Japanese.
May 15, 2018 9:39 PM

Jul 2016
I like when they have an anime within an anime like that.
May 14, 2019 4:29 PM

Nov 2013
Even Miss Monochrome become a fan of Natsume.
The episode was kinda stupid but i like Natsume. She is actually has a personality and she is very cute.
Annoying blond girls are still annoying.
GvendolineMay 16, 2019 11:31 AM
May 4, 2021 11:08 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well maybe the author needs to focus more on actually doing a story for that instead of making a story in the anime xD
Jul 18, 2021 9:36 AM

Feb 2020
Everyone loved Natsume's novel, even Miss Monochrome. :) I'm glad they were able to help her with the story.

And now everyone is anxiously waiting for the sequel. I'm sure it'll be great.

SerafosNov 26, 2023 6:40 AM
May 15, 2022 8:17 AM

May 2018
I love this episode, I was actually interested on the novel, if it exists I might read it.

Sea monkey is a monkey that lives in the sea.

Dec 16, 2023 4:46 PM

Apr 2008
This is my favourite episode so far. It spoke to me as both a reader and a writer. How exciting to feel the thrill of reading a good story or having someone like what you’ve written!
Dec 16, 2023 4:49 PM

Apr 2008
Reply to hgeronimo
I want to read that novel :3
@hgeronimo me too!!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Girlfriend (Kari) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2014

50 by Kirigayami »»
Nov 18, 2022 10:05 PM

Poll: » Girlfriend (Kari) Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2014

34 by Serafos »»
Jul 18, 2021 1:27 PM

Poll: » Girlfriend (Kari) Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

38 by Serafos »»
Jul 18, 2021 1:19 PM

Poll: » Girlfriend (Kari) Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2014

34 by Serafos »»
Jul 18, 2021 12:40 PM

Poll: » Girlfriend (Kari) Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2014

31 by Serafos »»
Jul 18, 2021 11:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.