Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 20, 2014 10:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another relaxing episode. This time at the beach...so that means swimsuits. I think the girls looks cute anyways. I still got a bad feeling about their current defects although I think they can cope with it as long as they have each other.

They sure are having fun there.
Nov 20, 2014 11:56 AM

Jan 2012
Nice getaway episode, but the post-credit scene confirms more battles incoming. Time to start worrying about their safety some more, although I never stopped really. I may have misheard but it sounded like Itsuki had a line of dialogue in the preview...might be getting her voice back.
Nov 20, 2014 12:17 PM

Feb 2014
So a typical fanservice beach episode at first, but the fighting continues! I liked the magical girl aspects of the show, so now there will be more! Yay! just no one die, okay? ._.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 20, 2014 1:20 PM

Jul 2013
MORE ENEMIES INCOMING!
Seems like there's going to be quite a few enemies they'll have to taken on next ep.
Wait.. why a new faery?

Relaxing episode.. lol Fu using the fact that they might get hit on to have an advantage over Karin in swimming.
LOL Togo's sandcastle making skills. Too extreme.
Fu being all chuuni XD
Togo and Yuna acting like a married couple lols.
Fu wanting to eat all the offerings xD
Togo and dem jugs.
Nov 20, 2014 1:47 PM

Mar 2013
And i thought i finish with the boobs fanservice for today after watching
Trinity Seven :P

very calm episode -
Beach,Hot spring,games.....
More of the magical girls pls :P
Tsundere girl Karin is my Favorite girl so far.

she want to the hot spring with the wheel chair - why?
couldnt they help her get in, well goodbye chair XD
Nov 20, 2014 3:11 PM

May 2009
If Tougo wasn't paraplegic, she would definitely signed to JSDF when adult.
Nov 20, 2014 3:14 PM

Apr 2010
That cliffhanger confirmed the obvious the fighting isn't over and judging from the preview it's just the start.
It seems that even Taisha didn't expect this.
Guess there is still a lot they don't know.

I have to say that they are taking good care of the girls tho with that hotel.
From what i can tell those Ryokans can be pretty luxurious and there food is very good, and being served food in your own room is also very nice.
Nov 20, 2014 3:35 PM

Sep 2013
That after credits scene, I hope none of those death flags occur now that there's more fighting to be done.
Nov 20, 2014 4:02 PM

Jan 2013
It was good to see them on a break.
That ghost story and when they were eating was funny.

I'm impressed at how there's lots of special wheelchairs for beach and hot springs o.o
Nov 20, 2014 4:31 PM

Apr 2012
Nice to see the girls on a break.

That horror story, lol.

The battle begins anew...
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Nov 20, 2014 6:03 PM

May 2012
Pretty relaxing episode.

Seems as if they're going to lose more of their senses from the preview of the next episode. More enemies=possibly using the Mankai again?

I'm loving the soundtrack and am still waiting for it to be released. At least the full opening is out. A bit repetitive, but I still really like it.

Nov 20, 2014 6:46 PM

Mar 2013
Okay, so the use of Mankai might just be the thing that gets them new faeries....
Given that premise, I wonder if Fu's left eye's sight was tied up in her faerie, and the use of mankai was what allowed the sight to go over to her faerie completely, making it necessary for another faerie to be given to her, this one connected to another basic ability of her body.
Nov 20, 2014 6:51 PM

Jul 2010
Fuu looks good with that eye patch!

Karin getting into it and Fuu commented on her own form xD

Those crabs :O I wish I get to eat one of that size by myself! Quite the delicious looking meal. Yuuna enjoying food without the taste ^^

Horror story! Fuu sleeping then cuddled Karin and Karin giving up.

Yuuna and Tougou talking and sharing each others warmth! Yuuna always bright and willing to help Tougou ^^

The battle begins with even more power this time. Still, seeing the new fairy won't indicate that the vertex would be stronger right? :/ If they had to sacrifice those things already to fight the previous ones, what would happen if they fight even stronger ones...
Nov 20, 2014 7:35 PM
Jul 2018
It was good to see the girls on the break. Nice fanservice at the bathing scene.

Fu now has a new familiar. The battles are still continuing.
Nov 20, 2014 7:43 PM

Mar 2014
First episode of this series that I'm slightly disappointed with. Not because it was bad, but because I feel like they missed a golden opportunity here during this lull to really give us some meaningful character development, rather than 20 minutes of the girls mostly just fooling around. Especially for Yuna, who's still largely a blank slate. I was really hoping to see her show another side to her personality besides "cheerful/determined optimist", or maybe learn a little more about her backstory, but all we really found out is that she has a hobby of pressing leaves, and her mother's apparently still alive. That isn't very much, and since this is only a 12 episode series we're running out of chances.

Anyway, the most interesting part of the episode to me was Togo telling us more about the history of Shinju-Sama; that part where the girls talked about Shinju protecting humanity from "the virus" made me think about the theory someone posted here after episode 6 about the girls living in a Matrix-like environment and the vertexes being invading computer viruses. Now I'm wondering if they were on to something.

JerichoDeath said:
Okay, so the use of Mankai might just be the thing that gets them new faeries....
Given that premise, I wonder if Fu's left eye's sight was tied up in her faerie, and the use of mankai was what allowed the sight to go over to her faerie completely, making it necessary for another faerie to be given to her, this one connected to another basic ability of her body.

You know, that's an interesting theory. I've been trying to guess why each girl might have lost the sense they lost, but it never occurred to me that it might be related to the fairies. Remember how Yuna's fairy was the one that always had such a huge appetite, though? And then she's the one who loses her sense of taste. Hmmm....
WingKingNov 20, 2014 8:14 PM
Nov 20, 2014 9:30 PM

Dec 2011
Good episode.

What I thought two episodes ago:

Excited for the next episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 20, 2014 10:03 PM
Aug 2014
Well thank god the action is going to resume. I would really like some more background in the world they live in ._. is it the future? or an alternate world? >.> I keep anticipating death cause the OP sounds similar to shinsekai no yori
Nov 20, 2014 10:35 PM

Jul 2013
xJapaliicious said:
:O That could be true.. with her memories gone (to what extent I'm not sure though..) she may have forgotten about it all.

WingKing said:

JerichoDeath said:

You know, that's an interesting theory. I've been trying to guess why each girl might have lost the sense they lost, but it never occurred to me that it might be related to the fairies. Remember how Yuna's fairy was the one that always had such a huge appetite, though? And then she's the one who loses her sense of taste. Hmmm....

Definitely an interesting theory. Could hold true for the time being..
Nov 21, 2014 12:45 AM

Aug 2013
I'd like to visit Togo Megalopolis XD Kidding aside, this whole Shinju-sama and Taisha business really feels shady. I wouldn't be surprised if this whole thing is just an elaborate experiment.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Nov 21, 2014 4:32 AM
Feb 2013
xJapaliicious said:
Good episode.

Nov 21, 2014 6:00 AM

May 2013
Relaxing and fun, but with a latent uncertainty; enjoyed this episode quite a bit.

Togo-san is easily becoming my favourite of the girls, though I like all of them a lot, which is kind of rare I suppose for me.

New ship Fu x Karin on the horizon, that cuddle was so delicious~! Yuna x Togo still going strong.

Poor Itsuki, I think I've said this before, but I feel that she really does have the worst of the physical ailments out of the girls. Not only can she not speak, but she also seems to have been left out of the yuri party. Still adorable though, and the sisters' interactions are certainly always heartwarming to see.

Togo is always so perceptive, I wonder if she really only gets her knowledge from the app? It seems she's even more aware than or Karin.
Her point about the Vertexes and possible future battles was pretty solid. There has to be more to the series, so I'm definitely prepared for anything to happen.
I'm going to miss the peaceful, care-free days of these girls.

On a side note, you gotta love the comedic style. Especially whenever the music stops, that always gets me xD
Nov 21, 2014 7:22 AM

Nov 2014
This episode was alright with light humor and much more bonding between the members, especially with Karin, the newest member in the Hero club.
But the scene after the ending though... It just proven one of my theories that each Mankai use will give another spirit.-This could very well mean that Togo was a veteran fighter and used Mankai twice. Though if the after-effect from Mankai really last permanently, then it really confirmed that Togo lost her legs and memories due to Mankai and not 'some accident'!
When you think about it, sending students to battle does not seem like something sane ppl will do so in a way I feel that the Taisha or rather the Shinju-Sama is not as 'good' as Yunna and others thought is.
I'm curious about that ribbon that Togo had said it was precious.-Wonder who gave to her? Maybe it was from her previous allies she fought with before? (Just wild guesses)
JerichoDeath said:

That's an interesting theory. I'm sure more will be revealed and I doubt it is going to good...
Nov 21, 2014 7:24 AM

Nov 2010
I guess Togo has used mankai two times in the past, which led to her losing her ability to walk.

Every time they get chosen by Shinju-sama, they get a new faerie? Which is why Togo has three faeries, while everyone else only had one, since they were chosen for the first time.
Nov 21, 2014 9:04 AM

Dec 2011
Madcat6204 said:
xJapaliicious said:
Good episode.

Maybe. Still interesting!
Nov 21, 2014 12:05 PM

Jun 2014
T X Y = OTP

:-)

This ep we find out that Tougo is a super-veteran. I have a bad feeling that "Heroes" have to fight until they literally become useless ;_; Everything points to a pretty bleak second half...
Nov 21, 2014 6:47 PM

Mar 2013
ramenshojo said:

This ep we find out that Tougo is a super-veteran. I have a bad feeling that "Heroes" have to fight until they literally become useless ;_; Everything points to a pretty bleak second half...

The thought did occur to me that the Taisha could be filling the role of a "Hero Factory" to literally use up a team of heroes until they have to repeatedly activate Mankai until they are of no use anymore. Afterwards, the Taisha move on to the next group of heroes.

What other abilities could a person lose? The ability to touch? smell? ... breathe?
I'm not sure how far the creator is interested in going, and given the other works that the director has been a part of, I can't speculate about that, either.

At the very least, I'll hope for a happy-ish yuri ending...
Nov 21, 2014 10:27 PM

Aug 2014
My guess is that the more they fight the more it will badly effect their bodies.
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Nov 22, 2014 12:05 AM

Sep 2008
Obligatory Togo best girl.
Nov 22, 2014 12:56 AM

Nov 2012
This was a big slice of life episode. I savored it all and can't wait to see the next battle.
Nov 22, 2014 3:09 AM

Feb 2012
I'm kinda getting an Eva vibe where
Nov 22, 2014 4:39 AM

Jul 2013
Yep so that means the after effects truly are permanent.
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Nov 22, 2014 7:34 PM
Sep 2011
Honestly surprised that this episode was so relaxed. I thought the previous episode was our breather episode - I expected this one to take a sudden turn to action halfway through. Instead, all we get is that little post-credits warning.

I like the combination of slice of life with action, but I wish both halves were more fleshed out and the combination was better paced.

Silver4000 said:
It was good to see them on a break.
That ghost story and when they were eating was funny.

I'm impressed at how there's lots of special wheelchairs for beach and hot springs o.o

A standard wheelchair would never work in the sand, so of course she has to use a different sort.

I really love that the creators have put in the work to make their depiction of disability realistic.

WingKing said:
First episode of this series that I'm slightly disappointed with. Not because it was bad, but because I feel like they missed a golden opportunity here during this lull to really give us some meaningful character development, rather than 20 minutes of the girls mostly just fooling around. Especially for Yuna, who's still largely a blank slate. I was really hoping to see her show another side to her personality besides "cheerful/determined optimist", or maybe learn a little more about her backstory, but all we really found out is that she has a hobby of pressing leaves, and her mother's apparently still alive. That isn't very much, and since this is only a 12 episode series we're running out of chances. [...]

Agreed. This episode was sort of just... going through the motions of a beach episode. It was such a missed opportunity.

I like what we know about the characters (e.g. Togo's quirkiness is hilarious). But we don't know enough.

xJapaliicious said:
Good episode.

Yeah, now that Fuu has suddenly acquired a new faery, I think this theory is pretty much confirmed.

DarkWolfHunter said:
Relaxing and fun, but with a latent uncertainty; enjoyed this episode quite a bit.

Togo-san is easily becoming my favourite of the girls, though I like all of them a lot, which is kind of rare I suppose for me.

New ship Fu x Karin on the horizon, that cuddle was so delicious~! Yuna x Togo still going strong.

Poor Itsuki, I think I've said this before, but I feel that she really does have the worst of the physical ailments out of the girls. Not only can she not speak, but she also seems to have been left out of the yuri party. Still adorable though, and the sisters' interactions are certainly always heartwarming to see. [...]

You're right! Poor Itsuki! D:

Yuna x Togo is stronger than ever. At this point I'm confident it's deliberate.
NalehwNov 22, 2014 7:37 PM
Nov 23, 2014 10:41 AM

Sep 2014
Of course there are more monsters.

A good detail they included was making Fu's tongue blue when she was eating the blue snow cone/shaved ice.
I don't consider myself a good judge.

trying not to be an obnoxious otaku
Dec 9, 2014 4:43 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Bravi!
Episode that without the twist, deserved a positive opinion, but they wanted to exaggerate the authors, therefore deserve thanks.
Narratively proved enjoyable and fun, very well-made drawings and animations of a good standard, I'm really happy for the plot that has proved different from the usual pattern seen so many times; I hope there are new twists in the future.
Do not wait to get your hands on the next episode.
Dec 14, 2014 3:11 AM

Jun 2013
This was actually a decent episode compared to the rest. If only the rest of this show was like this episode without all the stupid vertex stuff and shinju crap, and less of the girls screaming
Dec 26, 2014 7:40 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Cute and relaxing episode. The characters all grew on me with this.
Jan 12, 2015 3:21 PM

May 2012
Quite nice beach/onsen episode, let's find out what's next!
Jan 16, 2015 12:42 AM

Oct 2008
FFF is slow, a very sleepy episode.

Jan 16, 2015 8:04 PM

Feb 2013
Mandatory beach episode? At least they kept it classy.

Tougou's horror story was the best. Cute, silly episode. Time for things to get going again though.

matias067 said:
FFF is slow
I know right?... but I'll continue to wait for quality subs, even if it takes another couple months to finish this.
Mar 17, 2015 5:49 AM

Oct 2012
Pretty SoL-centred episode. But now that's over (hopefully). Pacing, pacing...
I really don't know if this SoL-action-SoL-action formula is good for this series.
Jun 30, 2015 5:52 PM

Feb 2013
I'm 100% sure Togo has fought two other times, given the scene at the end with Fu gaining another creature (forgot their names). I actually don't really like the Slice of Life part of this Anime.
Nov 20, 2015 11:23 AM

Mar 2015
Obligatory Beach episode is obligatory... but hnghh Karin is so cute.

I'm still on Karin x Yuuna ship... especially after that blush on the last episode hnghh

Nov 22, 2015 10:33 AM

Jan 2011
summer time beach time swimsuits and enemy is coming back
Nov 28, 2015 11:05 AM

Sep 2014
Looks like the battle isn't over yet.
Jan 12, 2016 12:55 AM

Dec 2012
Togo beach outfit. Nice. Togo in the onsen. LAWD JESUS!

I must say, that town is very wheelchair friendly. Nice.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 16, 2016 9:45 PM
Jul 2018
Wheel chair in the bath, huh? Makes perfect sense.... Togo continues to confirm best girl status. Though Karin with hair down is pretty cute.

Anyway, as we figured, it's not over. I'm still agreeing with the theory that Togo has fought before. But whose ribbon is that?

This is series is like Evangelion mixed with Madoka mixed with a slice of life show. It's a pretty good combination so far. Hope no one dies. Doubt anyone dies. Probably a cop out ending to restore everyone's medical issues. But I hope the ride to the ending is good.
Feb 11, 2016 9:28 AM
Feb 2009
another chill episode hopefully it starts to pick up next ep.
Feb 16, 2016 10:46 PM

Jan 2015
I've gotten attached to these characters now, except for the little sister and Yuuki Yuuna (I think they're mediocre). The other three are all great though. Who's going to die first? xD
Why must the hot spring scene be censored?
Jul 6, 2016 3:49 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
lucidbrandon said:
This was actually a decent episode compared to the rest. If only the rest of this show was like this episode without all the stupid vertex stuff and shinju crap, and less of the girls screaming

I would agree this episode is the best one so far, not because of all of the points you said, but because I could enjoy the cast way more. "Mami" x "Kyouko" and of course "Homura" x "Madoka" (Mimori x Yuuna). I ship this alot!

It was a good episode. 7
Jul 31, 2016 10:55 AM

Apr 2012
I actually don't want any of them to die now lol whereas I didn't really give a shit about half of Madoka's characters (I really only liked Kyoko). The dialogue and their antics are so cute now :(((

ETA sorry someone probably already said this but is the reason Togo already had two fairies (and got a third when she transformed for the "first" time) anything to do with her not being able to use her legs? It JUST clicked with me lol. If so that's actually a pretty interesting spin and given that she lost her memories, it really makes me wonder what she's gone through the past two times.
puddinglyJul 31, 2016 11:02 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2014

188 by mikejimamadara »»
Apr 23, 11:52 PM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

142 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 8, 2:56 PM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2014

98 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 8, 8:40 AM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2014

67 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 4, 2:31 AM

Poll: » Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2014

112 by Fabrizio00 »»
Feb 26, 3:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.