Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Nov 24, 2014 6:11 PM

Oct 2014
Kolnikov said:

I don't really understand your point when you say that is obvious that I would feel disappointed with Shigatsu, but yeah, that's what I've been thinking. They're using the music more for develop the plot as they want. Is like is just there for the background, and this is pretty annoying for me. Although I'm also annoyed by the fact that 70% of the show is kids crying all over the place =D. I guess I'm a little bit naive to expect something more out of it, but I'll hope for improvements.

Oh, forgive me if you don't understand :3 Like I said, I see your list. But I don't think this is an appropriate place to talk about lists. Maybe you can drop by in my profile to talk more about lists, I'm a Floating List after all :3 Maybe, we can talk more about Shigatsu after all and compare our perspective.

Improvement, huh? As a manga reader, I do admit that we are just touching the surface of the story. The drama got more "intense" in the middle chapters, but I don't know whether it will be an improvement in your side or not. If you're asking me, I do think that it's an improvement and the peak of the story as we got more depth about things. I won't spoil anything cos it's in the manga. Someone ever said that if a manga ever got adapted into an anime, it could as well be another story.

Comparing this show completely to Nodame Cantabile seems to be not a good thing. This show seemed to be 60% AnoHana and 40% Nodame Cantabile, IMO.
HOW TO SAVE ANIME IN THREE SIMPLE STEPS

1. To have Mars of Destruction, Skelter Heaven, and Pupa properly adapted in TV series form by Madhouse
  2. To have Inferno Cop properly adapted in TV series form by Bones, director: Urobuchi Gen
  3. An anime crossover of Mushishi x ARIA x Haibane Renmei.

Should even one of the above conditions cannot be done, anime is still at risk.
Nov 24, 2014 6:26 PM
Jan 2014
kolnikov said:

I honestly think you should stop reading things literally and try to understand within the context. Anyway, I was just saying that they spend more time trying to be psychological, doing slapstick comedy and showing unnecessary conversations than doing actual music (different from Nodame Cantabile for example).

Hurr durr piano competition. LOL at the piano competition; one entire episode and they didn't even show the kids playing. And at the end a FUCKING CLIFFHANGER HAHAHA. This isn't only with this episode btw. The music is being neglected in almost all of them, and they are treating as if it was some kind of superpower.

But well, you can like whatever you want, and I can cringe and laugh for whatever I want to. I was just sharing some thoughts, you really don't need to take my opinion as an universal truth. Of course the problems I point out are made up by my view on the show lol.

It's really laughable how you equate no playing == no music focus. That's just....sad.

Music is not only about the actual moment on stage you know. What do you mean "without actually doing music" anyway? You have failed to notice so I am going to kindly point out that most episodes (if not all) had a "music motifs" all over them. (despite sharing them with other themes). Episode's 7 back stage moments were also a crucial experience of being a classical musician, Arima's struggle with trying to insert himself into his Chopin piece is also an important process in classical music Sure it's not the deepest music philosophy but to go all the way to say there's no music focus is just shallow, and uninformed. Unnecessary conversation? You know what. I kinda get where you're coming from. You're just cringing at things you don't understand. Bravo.
Nov 24, 2014 6:46 PM
Nov 2013
PrinceTY said:
kolnikov said:

I honestly think you should stop reading things literally and try to understand within the context. Anyway, I was just saying that they spend more time trying to be psychological, doing slapstick comedy and showing unnecessary conversations than doing actual music (different from Nodame Cantabile for example).

Hurr durr piano competition. LOL at the piano competition; one entire episode and they didn't even show the kids playing. And at the end a FUCKING CLIFFHANGER HAHAHA. This isn't only with this episode btw. The music is being neglected in almost all of them, and they are treating as if it was some kind of superpower.

But well, you can like whatever you want, and I can cringe and laugh for whatever I want to. I was just sharing some thoughts, you really don't need to take my opinion as an universal truth. Of course the problems I point out are made up by my view on the show lol.

It's really laughable how you equate no playing == no music focus. That's just....sad.

Music is not only about the actual moment on stage you know. What do you mean "without actually doing music" anyway? You have failed to notice so I am going to kindly point out that most episodes (if not all) had a "music motifs" all over them. (despite sharing them with other themes). Episode's 7 back stage moments were also a crucial experience of being a classical musician, Arima's struggle with trying to insert himself into his Chopin piece is also an important process in classical music Sure it's not the deepest music philosophy but to go all the way to say there's no music focus is just shallow, and uninformed. Unnecessary conversation? You know what. I kinda get where you're coming from. You're just cringing at things you don't understand. Bravo.

Hahahaha never realized that this fanbase is comparable to the terrible fans of Evangelion. Meh, you're just another fan with butthurt because someone didn't like your favorite animu. Yes, 5deep3me =D
Nov 24, 2014 6:58 PM
Jan 2014
Nah, not butt hurt. Just doing the right thing here of educating people. You're welcome. When people are wrong and uninformed, I feel compelled to do the right thing.

Apparently you didn't understand what I'm trying to say. Just let me know if you want me to go slow and explain it again so that even you can understand! I'm a very patient person.

Just kidding.

I don't care whether you like this or not. It's tragic that you don't unfortunately. But all I want you to realize that the reason why you're not enjoying it is not because of actual flaws but your uninformed perception.

PrinceTYNov 24, 2014 7:07 PM
Nov 24, 2014 7:12 PM
Nov 2013
PrinceTY said:
Nah, not butt hurt. Just doing the right thing here of educating people. You're welcome. When people are wrong and uninformed, I feel compelled to do the right thing.

Apparently you didn't understand what I'm trying to say. Just let me know if you want me to go slow and explain it again so that even you can understand! I'm a very patient person.

Just kidding.

I don't care whether you like this or not. It's tragic that you don't unfortunately. But all I want you to realize that the reason why you're not enjoying it is not because of actual flaws but your uninformed perception.

You're indeed right, Shigatsu is just the perfect anime :)

Either way, I don't even know where did you read me writing about flaws, it was always my perception and my thoughts about the show to begin with. Oh yes, and I play piano and I know how is to play in front of a lot of people. And no, they're not dealing with actual musicians problems, perhaps only touching the surface. Rather, they're just pretending to be psychological, and mixing it up with slapstick comedy to entertain the public. Unfortunately, this is nothing like the actual music life ):
Nov 24, 2014 7:16 PM
Jan 2014
Ah.

It just makes me wonder what kind of piano you play or what a wonderful "actual music life" you live.
Nov 24, 2014 7:25 PM
Nov 2013
PrinceTY said:
Ah.

It just makes me wonder what kind of piano you play or what a wonderful "actual music life" you live.

Meh, I would say the protagonist lives a wonderful music life, since the many problems he has are just irrelevant for the writers, and everybody around him deal with it in a pathetic way, specially the annoying blond chick. It's just a mix of pseudo-psychological, drama and ridiculous and completely unrealistic comedy. Stop trying to make it like something philosophical or deep, it isn't. You say I'm uninformed. I think you should just admit that you're watching this for production values and because you actually like the cast and the story, not because of depth (because honestly, it has zero lol).
Nov 24, 2014 7:28 PM

Jul 2012
PrinceTY said:
I tried one of the La Corda series before. But I think it wasn't so focused on chamber music. (there was just girl with a violin who had somehow magic powers and able to play music despite not having music background?). I don't thing this is the one you're referring to. But anyway that was kinda reverse-harem. Watchable but not great.

La Corda Blue Sky is a Spring 2014 anime? I think I've watched 1-2 episodes and dropped it. Can't remember why. Didn't captivate me.

Unfortunately I don't play any string instruments because I can imagine how fun it would be to play chamber music. Piano is a lonely instrument, generally.

The first and second La Corda series (Primo and Secondo Passo) are focused on solos only. I read it, and didn't finish the anime. It was fine but like, yeah it's targeted towards girls only.

And yes, I'm talking about Blue Sky. It has chamber. It's not a good show though haha

Can't you have piano + other instruments in chamber music? I know that piano + cello + violin is a popular combo

@Kolnikov
Episode 8 is probably going to be a full concert (2 or 3 performances total, depending on how they pace it) so yeah there will be music. Calling it!

I bet there will be people complaining in the episode discussion that they skipped over the performance because it was too boring lmao plebs!
MayukaNov 24, 2014 7:33 PM
Nov 24, 2014 7:37 PM
Nov 2013
mayukachan said:
PrinceTY said:
I tried one of the La Corda series before. But I think it wasn't so focused on chamber music. (there was just girl with a violin who had somehow magic powers and able to play music despite not having music background?). I don't thing this is the one you're referring to. But anyway that was kinda reverse-harem. Watchable but not great.

La Corda Blue Sky is a Spring 2014 anime? I think I've watched 1-2 episodes and dropped it. Can't remember why. Didn't captivate me.

Unfortunately I don't play any string instruments because I can imagine how fun it would be to play chamber music. Piano is a lonely instrument, generally.

The first and second La Corda series (Primo and Secondo Passo) are focused on solos only. I read it, and didn't finish the anime. It was fine but like, yeah it's targeted towards girls only.

And yes, I'm talking about Blue Sky. It has chamber. It's not a good show though haha

Can't you have piano + other instruments in chamber music? I know that piano + cello + violin is a popular combo

@Kolnikov
Episode 8 is probably going to be a full concert (2 or 3 performances total, depending on how they pace it) so yeah there will be music. Calling it!

I bet there will be people complaining in the episode discussion that they skipped over the performance because it was too boring lmao plebs!

Hmmm that's very nice to read. Probably I should wait some more then. But perhaps what I really want is another season of Nodame Cantabile
Nov 24, 2014 7:40 PM

Jul 2012
Kolnikov said:
Hmmm that's very nice to read. Probably I should wait some more then. But perhaps what I really want is another season of Nodame Cantabile

Oh which performance? The one in the Opera arc?
I thought the anime adapted all of the original manga..
Nov 24, 2014 7:52 PM
Jan 2014
mayukachan said:

@Kolnikov

Yeah, that's true. Chamber works have piano too. Why did I overlook that. I don't listen to chamber works often. My bad. I've played some piano/violin duets before but that's about it. With so many solo repertoire to work on and exams to take and all that, the thought of committing to a chamber piece has never crossed my mind. I come from a culture where everyone just cares about playing violin or piano to a very high solo level and no one really takes the time to really want to come together and collaborate sadly. I don't even have a friend that plays cello to a high level. My teacher never mentioned chamber to me because we're always so busy working on the pieces at hand. That having said. I'm not a music major or a professional At best, only semi-pro while majoring in something else in university. mayukachan, what instrument do you play?

Yeah, I think it's going to be performance all the way for the next 2-4 episodes at the very least.
Nov 24, 2014 8:00 PM

Feb 2014
mayukachan said:

Yes you can. In traditional ensembles you can have up to 10 instrumentists. Keyboard, strings, wind and brass can be part of it.

Kolnikov said:
Oh yes, and I play piano and I know how is to play in front of a lot of people. And no, they're not dealing with actual musicians problems, perhaps only touching the surface.

Thats right, the anime touches the surface, which doesn't mean its material to be neglected (it doesn't really matter in the end, its useless to expect art out of it). What kind of piano formation you have?
Nov 24, 2014 8:41 PM
Jul 2018
@PrinceTY

Personally, although I enjoy Shigatsu, I don't think Kolnikov is entirely wrong when he says this show "isn't really about music", even if I also think there is not really an "actual music life", because it tend to differ from person to person.

But yeah, Shigatsu is not really about music for itself, especially if you compare it with Piano no Mori or Nodame Cantabile.
Sure they play music in Shigatsu but in fact, music is like the background of the main protagonists, not the actual theme of the anime. We neither see Arima doing some piano exercices in order to manage a difficult passage in a Chopin piece (when Piano no Mori did that) nor see the main characters talking about things like the meaning of a musical passage in particular, or idk, sight-reading for example (when Nodame Cantabile did that).

I think Shigatsu is more about character development of the main character, who is musician. As a result, we have typical shonen tropes more than a realistic treatment.
From what I understand Kolnikov is just disappointed about the romanticized view of classical music that Shigatsu offers, it's not a big deal, really.
Moreover, I can be wrong, but I don't think Shigatsu is trying to be deep. Rather, Shigatsu is trying to be entertaining and inspiring without getting to the bottom of things, in order to be as accessible (and enjoyable) as possible to anyone.

That said, it does not automatically mean Shigatsu is not as good as Nodame, those two shows are different and presents different visions of the same theme. Like I said, for me, Shigatsu is more shonen-esque, with some high school romance tropes than Nodame, and it's not a flaw, I like it personally, it's very entertaining.

Oh, and btw :
PrinceTY said:
And SkyLeo. sorry I flamed at you accidentally the last time. I didn't know you were joking. LOL

I found it amusing, so there is no problem, haha.
Nov 24, 2014 9:16 PM
Jan 2014
LOL. I read Piano no Mori. I found it quite hard to stomach how the author tried to suggest that the MC had to do specific exercises to play Chopin. The whole idea of having piano keys so hard that only certain people can play is really strange. (and I hate to use this word, but it's more cringeworthy than any of the points people make about shigatsu) I dropped the manga at that point. Trying to get 'technical 'is okay, but if you do it wrong then it can only spell disaster. I honestly thought that Piano no Mori was trying to get too technical for it's own good and the author didn't really know what he was doing and basing all the piano-stuff on 2nd hand experience over his own. Piano no Mori, IMO is very erroneous when it comes to all it's music/piano stuff.

I don't know if we should be expecting a music anime that goes into detail and tell us about how the musicians struggle with difficult passages. That would be interesting, at least to people who know music or play the instrument. I don't remember Nodame actually going into that much detail as well. But yeah it was a lot less flowery overall so that might have caused people to feel it was more grounded into reality.

And yes I agree. They're not going very deep into the whole "musician" thing. Just touching the surface. But it is mentioned many times and it's everywhere in the show. It's definitely not neglected.
Nov 24, 2014 9:17 PM

Oct 2014
-Skyleo- said:

Personally, although I enjoy Shigatsu, I don't think Kolnikov is entirely wrong when he says this show "isn't really about music", even if I also think there is not really an "actual music life", because it tend to differ from person to person.

But yeah, Shigatsu is not really about music for itself, especially if you compare it with Piano no Mori or Nodame Cantabile.
Sure they play music in Shigatsu but in fact, music is like the background of the main protagonists, not the actual theme of the anime. We neither see Arima doing some piano exercices in order to manage a difficult passage in a Chopin piece (when Piano no Mori did that) nor see the main characters talking about things like the meaning of a musical passage in particular, or idk, sight-reading for example (when Nodame Cantabile did that).

I think Shigatsu is more about character development of the main character, who is musician. As a result, we have typical shonen tropes more than a realistic treatment.
From what I understand Kolnikov is just disappointed about the romanticized view of classical music that Shigatsu offers, it's not a big deal, really.
Moreover, I can be wrong, but I don't think Shigatsu is trying to be deep. Rather, Shigatsu is trying to be entertaining and inspiring without getting to the bottom of things, in order to be as accessible (and enjoyable) as possible to anyone.

That said, it does not automatically mean Shigatsu is not as good as Nodame, those two shows are different and presents different visions of the same theme. Like I said, for me, Shigatsu is more shonen-esque, with some high school romance tropes than Nodame, and it's not a flaw, I like it personally, it's very entertaining.

HOW TO SAVE ANIME IN THREE SIMPLE STEPS

1. To have Mars of Destruction, Skelter Heaven, and Pupa properly adapted in TV series form by Madhouse
  2. To have Inferno Cop properly adapted in TV series form by Bones, director: Urobuchi Gen
  3. An anime crossover of Mushishi x ARIA x Haibane Renmei.

Should even one of the above conditions cannot be done, anime is still at risk.
Nov 24, 2014 10:08 PM

Jul 2012
PrinceTY said:
I don't know if we should be expecting a music anime that goes into detail and tell us about how the musicians struggle with difficult passages. That would be interesting, at least to people who know music or play the instrument. I don't remember Nodame actually going into that much detail as well. But yeah it was a lot less flowery overall so that might have caused people to feel it was more grounded into reality.

No, Nodame's too skilled to have any music problems like us normal people :| But no, the fact that there's not even a lot of classical music anime makes it even less likelier for one to go into the core music things.
Nov 24, 2014 10:41 PM
Jul 2018
PrinceTY said:
LOL. I read Piano no Mori.

Well, I didn't even know Piano no Mori was a manga lol.
I've only seen the movie.

PrinceTY said:
I found it quite hard to stomach how the author tried to suggest that the MC had to do specific exercises to play Chopin.

I dunno, when I've seen the scene, it didn't seem so "hard to stomach" for me.
Not going to lie, when I played some Chopin pieces (some mazurkas and waltz), I didn't have to do specific exercices to play them. But if I remember well, they played an Etude in Piano no Mori, no ?
At this point, scales practice seems quite appropriate to me. I can be wrong though, but it helped me when I had to play one of a Beethoven sonata for example.

PrinceTY said:
The whole idea of having piano keys so hard that only certain people can play is really strange.

Yeah, I agree I found this detail kind of strange too.

PrinceTY said:
Trying to get 'technical 'is okay, but if you do it wrong then it can only spell disaster. I honestly thought that Piano no Mori was trying to get too technical for it's own good and the author didn't really know what he was doing and basing all the piano-stuff on 2nd hand experience over his own. Piano no Mori, IMO is very erroneous when it comes to all it's music/piano stuff.

Maybe yes, I dunno.
But what I was trying to say is that Piano no Mori tried to be more "music-oriented" than Shigatsu, more technical as you said. And perhaps Kolnikov hoped Shigatsu to be more similar to this kind of show, more than what it really is.

PrinceTY said:

Yep, I don't know either, but it can be interesting. Personally, I think I'd loved to see a music anime like this, but it could probably just be one of my selfish desire.

And yeah, Nodame wasn't so detail-oriented, but still, it was more realist than Shigatsu in this department. In Nodame, they tried to explain the background of the composers they play for example (or just the background of the piece), and I don't know, Nodame seems much more focused about the music itself than Shigatsu imo (but there is only 7 episodes of Shigatsu atm, so it can change).
Maybe because it's "a lot less flowery overall" indeed, even if I don't think this is the only reason.

PrinceTY said:
And yes I agree. They're not going very deep into the whole "musician" thing. Just touching the surface. But it is mentioned many times and it's everywhere in the show. It's definitely not neglected.

Definetely.
I also think they're not going into the "musician" thing because this is not the point of Shigatsu.
While in Nodame, the characters are trying to find a place in the classical music world, the characters in Shigatsu are trying to seeking themselves through music.
As a result, there is character development in these two shows, but yet, I think this little detail make the difference.
Nov 25, 2014 2:22 AM

Dec 2012
Nice episode as always, but that backstory about the black cat was pretty funny(in a bad way). So he got some kind of serious trauma because his cat was taken by his mother? What?
And the overdramatic exposition by the main characters(especially from Arima) starting to get on my nerves.
I like anime.
Nov 25, 2014 5:06 AM
Jan 2014
@Skyleo

I recommend you to checkout the Piano no Mori manga just to see how bad it really is. It's a joke. So bad that it makes fun of pianists in general. The movie was okay though. I don't remember any etude, only some Mozart Sonata.

The premise of Piano no mori is retarded and plus the musical knowledge of the author is laughable almost as if he knows nuts about piano and it seems to me like he is relying on the internet to provide him with the 'technical information' required. Ay just check it out to see how bad it really is.

I really hope some day some credible "technical" anime about piano is made. Something along the lines of Piano no Mori but written by someone who actually knows his or her stuff.
Nov 26, 2014 2:04 PM

Jun 2008
Aiza doesn't really look like the type to play classical music. Yaiy for breaking sterotypes!

The song that played when he was entering the stage is my favorite from the soundtrack.
The song gives me Key and Maeda Jun vibes.
Dec 2, 2014 9:06 AM

May 2010
Why did Emi say that he didn't change in past two years? Was that a script mistake or did I get something wrong?

Cliffhanger huh.
Dec 2, 2014 3:34 PM
Apr 2014
TragicRomance said:
Why did Emi say that he didn't change in past two years? Was that a script mistake or did I get something wrong?

Cliffhanger huh.

His appearance

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Dec 4, 2014 12:55 PM

Aug 2013
Oh god, that episode made me kinda sick. Seeing these people terrified before going on the stage, I can relate so much to them... Trembling in the bathroom, your heart beating so fast it make you sick, trying to figure the music in your head, forgetting parts and getting stressed about it... But once you get on the stage, you forget about all this and just try to do your best. I even fucked up in the middle of a melody one time and I was able to keep my composure and continue it like it never happened. When your on a stage, you just become someone else.

Man, can they make that mother look more terrible? I know, I know, circumstance. But everything that we saw from her so far was making her a terrible human being. She looked extremely manipulative, using her son as a tool to achieve what she wasn't able to.

It was great to see more of Watari than being the comedy relief and the second wheel.

Poor Arima, can he be more fucked up in the end. It look like he's having regular bad trip on acid with talking cats.
Arima and Kaori look cute together, they would somehow make a great couple. Arrrrg, I feel bad for Tsubaki for saying that! I'm almost always rooting for the childhood friend, I don't want anyone to be hurt! Fuuuuck meeee!
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Dec 5, 2014 5:09 AM

Jan 2014
A cliffhanger in a music anime? Not bad :)
Dec 11, 2014 7:43 PM

Nov 2011
I'm glad I took a break from this show. It took the edge off my displeasure.

The cat scenes were kinda weird, but other than that it was pretty solid. The rivals got a good setup. Kousei is still a pretty good character.
Dec 12, 2014 5:46 PM

Apr 2009
Damn, it ended when Aiza's about to play! >_< Ah well, next episode then.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Dec 26, 2014 5:35 AM

Oct 2014
Man, I can feel the tension before the competition! Great job!

I think Kousei is gonna learn and get through this competition with a little help from his rivals.

Gaaaahhh! Just when I was ready for some eargasm!
"Having someone saying you're okay as you are and being needed by that person... It was nice to have someone like that..." — Taiga Aisaka
Jan 2, 2015 3:29 PM

Apr 2013
what the fucks going on with Aiza's hair o.O
Jan 7, 2015 3:48 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
It's getting serious now. Competitions begins with Aiza going first before Koesei.

Feel bad for Watari. The keeper was too far to the left and Watari missed a clear goal that hit the crossbar.

Kaori seems to get a bit more closer to Koesei. This time they both have their hands together, as if to understand each other more.

Feb 13, 2015 1:29 PM

Jul 2012
When Aiza was about to play and it cut off, I thought it was in the middle of the episode, but then the ED started playing haha.

These new characters are definitely interesting. I'm excited to watch an episode where Kaori is in the audience this time.

Can't wait to watch this performance. The performances in this show are amazing.
Mar 1, 2015 10:07 PM

Aug 2012
It was a good episode!
I like the new characters takashi and the other girl.
for some reason I feel that the piano girl is having a crush on kousei xD

and I felt so bad for watari for losing .. ; ^ ; I wish that he appears more in the next episodes !
Mar 19, 2015 3:57 PM

Mar 2012
Dat hairstyle tho.
Mar 22, 2015 6:06 PM
Nov 2013
PrinceTY said:
shikikanzero said:
does anyone know what piece is that playing around 10:00? for some reason it sounds familiar but it could probably just be a OST track

This?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AhR9mkqADk

I love you for that! :D
Mar 29, 2015 6:25 AM

Aug 2013
Awesome rivals are here !!
OMG that freaking tension is making my heart beat so fast.
Apr 3, 2015 7:25 AM
May 2012
That hair, though. Is he a saiyan?? I really like that OST playing when he was walking.
Tsubaki lost, Watari lost......and Kousei will probably win. I like how that new girl dress.
Well, let's see who will win in this competition.

Kaioshin_Sama said:
skimming through this episode I realized just how much Natsuki Hanae's delivery contributes so negatively to this show. I just can't stand this guys inflection where he seems like he's brutally overplaying the whole part, though that probably has a lot to do with him just being not at all what I envisioned for the role so much as A-1 forcing him onto the project cause they have a raging hard on for trying to promote him in their shows. I think I found yet another thing to avoid when it comes to anime in any case. Note to self, avoid shows with Natsuki Hanae in it from here on out cause he sucks and brings like no personality or distinct quality to any of his roles in anything I've heard. Yuki Kaji is in this now too and I feel bad for calling Hanae the next Yuki Kaji cause listening to the two in the same show I feel that's an insult to Kaji who is definitely leagues better.

At least Saori Hayami kind of made up for it though she could probably act circles around anyone in this show at the best of times. That said a lot of the scenes in this show are still just way too overwrought compared to how they come across in the manga as just kind of more natural. A-1 is really trying so desperately to play this one up as a prestige project yet every single time the awkwardly placed slapstick comedy brings it crashing back down to Earth. Oh well what else is new.

What?? Has range or not, I think Hanae Natsuki is a good VA.
Apr 3, 2015 8:10 PM

Jun 2014
Huh, I thought I wouldn't like Takeshi but I'm already warming up to him a bit. I don't like the girl though. I hate characters that act way too emotionless.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2015 1:42 PM

May 2012
Perfect, just perfect!
Apr 23, 2015 9:13 PM

Oct 2014
Solid build up for the competition in this episode. Kaori has definitely gotten to Kousei!
May 29, 2015 10:03 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Got to love the cliffhangers
Jul 1, 2015 3:49 PM

Apr 2012
very excited to hear the performances in the competition!
I hope Arima does well...
It's so hilarious that he doesnt know who those two were.
Takeshi has such a weird weird hairccut.. he looks like a yu-gi-oh character.
but it was surprising to hear that he gave up such an opportunity because of kousei!
it really shows how big of a reputation he has.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 2, 2015 2:06 PM

May 2015
I KNEW the episode was going to end with someone just about to strike the piano. Speaking of Takeshi, that dude’s hair annoys me. It’s like, you’re not Yugi. Stop using so much hair gel.

Interesting sage advice from the cat, which I have dubbed Neko-sensei. Apparently Kosei’s cat stole his candy. So you named her Chelsea. Um, sub-making-people, I’d really appreciate a translator’s note right now, because I have no clue what that means.

This is really amazing. I can’t believe I’m getting so suspenseful about an anime like this.
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Nov 11, 2015 10:34 PM

Jan 2014
Buddy needs to get a haircut
I'm a jazz number with no beat, tune, or direction.

Nov 21, 2015 8:16 PM
Nov 2015
"When you're depressed, it always helps to lean your head on your arms. Arms like to feel useful." - Charlie Brown

Ho ho ho!!! Not only Snoopy but Charlie Brown as well <33 The author must love Peanuts! :D

Great episode! Can't wait for the competition!
Dec 11, 2015 8:39 PM

Jul 2014
I'm seriously looking forward to what happens next. Damn >~<
Dec 28, 2015 11:06 PM

Jun 2009
i didn't know you played piano ryuutarou. nice.
Mar 31, 2016 2:40 AM

Oct 2012
Dat Hair though, nice KajiKaji! xD

You're going to end the episode there?
:(
I want to music, now! xD
"Signature removed"
May 11, 2016 7:55 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The beginning of defiance...

--
El principio del desafío...
May 17, 2016 9:11 AM

Aug 2015
hat was soo... nah! He pretended to be strong, but then he just broke down. I knew it!

May 22, 2016 8:05 AM
Mar 2016
Payper said:
hat was soo... nah! He pretended to be strong, but then he just broke down. I knew it!

yeah, Watari's break down I saw coming , and It feels as if Tsubaki is realizing something is brewing between Kaori and Kousei, and Watari already knows Kousei likes Kaori.
So Yeah sure enough, Kousei and Kaori's relationship is bound to change slowly. Also the drama is just starting to take place between Tsubaki and Kousei.
But yeah can't wait to see what happens between Tsubaki and Kousei.
Because Tsubaki is like Chiwa from Oreshura, I can't wait to see what happens, even though ultimately I'm sure Kaori will be Kousei's love interest.
GOD984May 22, 2016 8:12 AM
Jun 28, 2016 11:36 PM

Dec 2013
Don't really care about the cat but the competition has me pretty excited.

Knew Arima wasn't going to recognise him but that still made me laugh.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

1177 by ojarlos »»
May 11, 12:06 PM

Poll: » What do you think of the character artstyle?

Mallony - Oct 10, 2014

40 by Keytee1 »»
May 5, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2014

335 by RickHatake »»
May 1, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2015

234 by exho26 »»
May 1, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

331 by RickHatake »»
Apr 23, 7:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.