Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 16, 2014 12:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, that is quite a comeback Yuuya made there. I mean, it was almost hopeless but Yuuya manages to survive. I'd say it took quite the risk and some luck especially when it comes to those bs action cards.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.

Welp, I'm glad to see Yuuya putting the shut up time on Shingo with his new pendulum monsters. Can't wait to see them come out in 2015.
Nov 16, 2014 7:26 AM

Oct 2014
You have got to feel bad for Shingo trying to beat a main character is hopeless no matter what you do the next card they draw will stop it.
Nov 16, 2014 9:21 AM
Jun 2011
this was great dual and the next one will be even better since it finally time for sora vs shun
Nov 16, 2014 10:02 AM
Aug 2014
Wow that was an amazing duel! Both players dueled remarkably.

Of course, Yuya managed to get the Main character benefit with his Destiny Draw and his Action Cards. But otherwise, there were great tactical twists coming from both sides!

This was by far, one of the best duels of the series. I hope we continue to see Sawatari again in the future, I really like his deck.

Next episode is the one everyone has been waiting for! I hope it doesn't disappoint!
Nov 16, 2014 4:02 PM
Nov 2014
Okaaayyyy... first off i just wanna say that Yuya deserved to lose. I mean seriously... like Sawatari definitely should have won that duel. He completely had the superior plays and deck. I mean he sealed Yuya's fate in ONE TURN. And if Actions Cards weren't in the equation Yuya would have lost the first 10 minutes of the duel, BUT because Yuya is a main character he just HAD to win. In my eyes Sawatari had that entire duel in the bag as soon as they played the damn action field.
Nov 16, 2014 6:40 PM

Oct 2014
This duel is great, but Yuya's main character bs powers strike yet again. I think Sawatari should have won this one.

This season is really good but the action card bs could have been handled better, personally I blame the writing.

I can't wait for the duel I've been awaiting the most, Sora vs Shun
DaWarudoNov 16, 2014 6:50 PM
Nov 17, 2014 9:00 PM

Jun 2014
Plot armor strikes again.
Next episode...was that Heartland City?!
Nov 17, 2014 11:17 PM
Jun 2011
Amalekite said:
yes it was indeed heartland where shun came from
Nov 18, 2014 6:35 AM

Nov 2012
wow! from this episode i learnt something new
>bullshit action cards SO MANY TIMES
>the audiences are pendulum cocksucker
>sawatari best duelist in arc v
>yuya weakest duelist in yugioh history even with already OP cards he needs more and more plot armor card. at least yusei plot armor is from his own deck
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Nov 18, 2014 8:30 AM
Sep 2012
A great episode, a great duel, who thought Shingo to put on a great show like Yuya does.

Not much suspense because we all know who is going to win? Yuya ain't losing in the first round and not to Shingo of all people, Pendulum Dragon saves the day, awesome card. All the while Reiji watching and like a good business man, he sees the dollar signs. When they do the abridged version of Reiji's scene at the end, they should play that money money song by the Ojays.

Are they slowly nakifying Shingo? Is he really going to have character development and become nicer, I don't know if I like that, I like him is that jerk everybody hates, maybe he will be like Flip, even after being nakified he still had his jerk moments.

But Yuya keep relying on luck, I am worried about the finals, perhaps will run out there.

Speaking of which, next the match we have all been waiting for Sora vs Shun, I think we all know who is going to win. Every Yuya and Shun duel should have no suspense they will meet in the finals, but is Sora going to give it is all, or just let Shun win, will we see more of a darkside from Sora? I can't wait to find out.
Nov 18, 2014 8:34 AM

Nov 2012
i hope shun will become final boss in this arc
he is hot #nohomo
Nov 18, 2014 4:31 PM

Jun 2011
Woow epic duel is epic. . .

There was no way Yuya could or should have won. . .but he did . . .and with Destiny draw of all bloody things. .

Shun vs Sora needs to be freakin' godly to top this. I hope we get to see Des-Toy Scissor Tiger. . .

Also hope to see some more RR monsters, we need more then 1 main deck monster. Not more extra deck monsters even if they are nice (*look at Force Strix*).
Nov 18, 2014 4:43 PM

Jun 2010
Exciting duel. I still don't like Sawatari. Dick.

Heartland. I'm sure this rings a bell for everyone. I wonder if it has any connection or if it's just a coincidence.

Nov 18, 2014 5:51 PM

Apr 2014
Yuya...I'm sorry, but Sawatari had this one in the bag. The Action Card he luckily pulled out just don't cut it for me :/

I mean, Sawatari did not even use one action card during the main part of the duel. He only use it near the end where an action card doesn't even matter anymore.
Nov 19, 2014 4:55 AM

Mar 2011
This anime may be the most silly and cheesy Yu-gi-oh series so far.

But what bugs me the most is everyone has a theme and strategy, that is everyone except the main character, who has no theme, no strategy and only wins by making the perfect card magically appear. I didn't mind it so much in the older series as that was how it was for every character. But they went to the effort to give the other characters actual strategies which some could even work in the actual card game, and yet make the main character awful.

Oh well.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Nov 19, 2014 8:12 AM

Apr 2014
Amalekite said:

Yup.
The field they're dueling in is some weird version of Heartland City.
Sora picked this field because he knew that Shun had a traumatic experience in Heartland City.

Nov 19, 2014 8:14 AM

Apr 2014
TehWhiteTiger said:

But what bugs me the most is everyone has a theme and strategy, that is everyone except the main character, who has no theme, no strategy and only wins by making the perfect card magically appear. I didn't mind it so much in the older series as that was how it was for every character. But they went to the effort to give the other characters actual strategies which some could even work in the actual card game, and yet make the main character awful.

Oh well.

1. How is this anime "the cheesiest yugioh anime so far?"
2. The main character has a theme.
3. A lot of the characters in older Yugioh series had legit decks, and did what Yuya does.

Nov 19, 2014 8:19 AM

Apr 2014
ninjastarforcex said:
>yuya weakest duelist in yugioh history even with already OP cards he needs more and more plot armor card. at least yusei plot armor is from his own deck

1. Action cards aren't plot armor.
2. Yuya doesn't have OP cards.
3. Pendulum's are a new summoning method. Why WOULDN'T the audience love pendulum summoning?
4. Action cards can be used by both characters, so I don't think they qualify as BS.

Nov 19, 2014 8:22 AM

Nov 2012
Dragonage2ftw said:
ninjastarforcex said:

1. Action cards aren't plot armor.
2. Yuya doesn't have OP cards.
3. Pendulum's are a new summoning method. Why WOULDN'T the audience love pendulum summoning?
4. Action cards can be used by both characters, so I don't think they qualify as BS.
yea yea sure
Nov 19, 2014 11:48 AM

Mar 2011
Dragonage2ftw said:
TehWhiteTiger said:

Oh well.

3. A lot of the characters in older Yugioh series had legit decks, and did what Yuya does.

"Ladie's and Gentleman" "Shivers" the whole feel of anime anime is cheesy, even more so than GX.

Pendulum summoning and Canaveralish monsters isn't a proper theme, what I mean is a theme with a actual strategy. His whole game is about cards that just appeared in his deck, which he uses in every single duel. The only times he used different cards is when he is in a tight spot and needs a magic card to appear, whether that be from his deck or a action card. His wins are all luck.

I have not watched Zexel but as for the first 3 series, some of their decks have themes, but very little actual strategy, which was fine for me as that was what the show was like. What I said annoys me is that Yuya is a new Yugi, in that he wins only by luck aka the writers giving him every card he needs rather than making him show an ounce of actual skill. However his opponents are actually using strategies, they are using cards that work together for an actual win condition and do not rely on luck and action cards.

Basically I hate that the main character has no skill and purely wins through luck, while his opponents are for the most part actually decent duelists.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Nov 19, 2014 12:21 PM

Nov 2012
TehWhiteTiger said:
Dragonage2ftw said:

"Ladie's and Gentleman" "Shivers" the whole feel of anime anime is cheesy, even more so than GX.

Pendulum summoning and Canaveralish monsters isn't a proper theme, what I mean is a theme with a actual strategy. His whole game is about cards that just appeared in his deck, which he uses in every single duel. The only times he used different cards is when he is in a tight spot and needs a magic card to appear, whether that be from his deck or a action card. His wins are all luck.

I have not watched Zexel but as for the first 3 series, some of their decks have themes, but very little actual strategy, which was fine for me as that was what the show was like. What I said annoys me is that Yuya is a new Yugi, in that he wins only by luck aka the writers giving him every card he needs rather than making him show an ounce of actual skill. However his opponents are actually using strategies, they are using cards that work together for an actual win condition and do not rely on luck and action cards.

Basically I hate that the main character has no skill and purely wins through luck, while his opponents are for the most part actually decent duelists.

yugi oh = king of game, not king of luck. yuya worst mc ever. all characters besides yuuya carrying this show for him.
Nov 19, 2014 6:36 PM

May 2009
That was an exciting duel. The crowd went wild! Next is Shun's and Sora's duel. Can't wait what happens in it~
Nov 20, 2014 8:07 AM

Apr 2014
TehWhiteTiger said:
Dragonage2ftw said:

1. Did it bug you when the other Yugioh MC's said their catchphrases?
2. Well, we don't really know how he dueled before he got Pendulums, so I don't exactly think that it's fair to say that he doesn't have a strategy. Besides, in his first duel of the series, he did almost win using normal Odd Eyes.
3. Yugi's opponents also used actual strategies too.

Nov 20, 2014 8:10 AM

Apr 2014
ninjastarforcex said:
TehWhiteTiger said:

yugi oh = king of game, not king of luck. yuya worst mc ever. all characters besides yuuya carrying this show for him.

1. Every MC in the series has won using luck.
2. I'm sorry, but I disagree. Yuma was WAY, WAY worse than Yuya is.

Yuma was a cheater who got pissed off at his friends for no reason several times. Heck, he didn't even know how to use his deck properly in the beginning of the series, despite the fact that he's had it for several years. Not to mention the fact that Yuma's only strategy was "Summon Utopia."

Nov 21, 2014 10:39 AM

Mar 2011
Dragonage2ftw said:

1. Did it bug you when the other Yugioh MC's said their catchphrases?
2. Well, we don't really know how he dueled before he got Pendulums, so I don't exactly think that it's fair to say that he doesn't have a strategy. Besides, in his first duel of the series, he did almost win using normal Odd Eyes.
3. Yugi's opponents also used actual strategies too.

1. No because like I said they were all entirely silly anyway.
2. Well he had a >50% win rate and looking at his cards, I doubt he was very good.
3. I meant feasible strategies.

Dragonage2ftw said:

Yuma was a cheater who got pissed off at his friends for no reason several times. Heck, he didn't even know how to use his deck properly in the beginning of the series, despite the fact that he's had it for several years. Not to mention the fact that Yuma's only strategy was "Summon Utopia."[/quote]

1. Yes, I was only pointing out that in previous shows all the characters were bad and relied on luck. Whereas in this other characters are using strategy and only lose to luck.
2. I have not watche any of Zexel, the only Yugioh I never bothered with.

Nov 21, 2014 10:47 AM

Nov 2012
Dragonage2ftw said:
ninjastarforcex said:

Yuma was a cheater who got pissed off at his friends for no reason several times. Heck, he didn't even know how to use his deck properly in the beginning of the series, despite the fact that he's had it for several years. Not to mention the fact that Yuma's only strategy was "Summon Utopia."

lol, dem numbering

i dont watch zexal. too kiddy
Nov 23, 2014 8:17 PM
Nov 2013
TehWhiteTiger said:
Dragonage2ftw said:

Uh no Yuuya is the new Jaden....which I love...I'm sorry but I hate strategy in yugioh. Way to predictable imo since when you see 2 or 3 cards you know what the guy will do and it just annoys me that I'm like "He's obviously gonna summon Stardust, or Utopia or whatever it annoys me".

This is why entermates and e-heros intrigued me from the beginning you can summon 3 or 6 or more things from 2 e-heros, and with entermates (or pendulum in general) it can be a spell a monster, with that alone the combos increase amazingly and one just says idek. Plus in either case with 1 card you can do so much sure maybe not a comeback, but something to surprise your opponent. The unpredictability is what I love.

As I mentioned before whenever it starts with the whole Action Duel duet in the beginning it's gonna be all about the action cards which I'm ok. Action card vs seeing pot of greed over, scrap iron scarecrow, etc those same cards always set on the field. The thing is with action carss you don't know, as audience member referred to Yuuya, how the escape artist will escape. With Yugi it was I will draw 2 cards and one will be your undoin or something.....or Scrapiron scarecrow will block one attack extending my life to one more turn by "avoiding a hit" etc.....sure the antagonist sometimes dealt with those cards, but that excitment only lasted with 2 or 3 villains. With action cards it's like what did he get, how will dodge this, etc. Look at Gongenzaka vs Gen sure it was okay.....but nothing in comparison to the excitement (imo) in this duel. It was predicpredictable despite me not knowing Gen's deck all too well.

His theme is similar like Jadens, in which that is relying on fate and seeing what you draw. It's all about luck and in my case I love that since no one can ever give a 'standard' prediction unlike previous duels against other main characters.

Everyone expected Jaden to beat Zane since he's main character and Zane was like the new Seto or something like that (can't remember all those years back) and boom Jaden loses.
Nov 24, 2014 6:36 AM

Jun 2012
The duel was awesome except for the situational cards but yugioh always has those.

I just watched the preview and what? This takes place before the events in Zexal? So is this a prequel?
Nov 25, 2014 6:43 AM

Apr 2014
Sol_Ou said:
The duel was awesome except for the situational cards but yugioh always has those.

I just watched the preview and what? This takes place before the events in Zexal? So is this a prequel?

Actually, no, this is a sequel to Zexal.

Heartland city got destroyed in a war between Synchro users and Xyz users.

Nov 25, 2014 3:16 PM

Jun 2012
Dragonage2ftw said:
Sol_Ou said:

Oh. Ok. It said future city heartland so I thought it meant that the events of zexal took place in the future.
Nov 27, 2014 9:06 AM
Nov 2013
Sol_Ou said:
Dragonage2ftw said:

Oh. Ok. It said future city heartland so I thought it meant that the events of zexal took place in the future.

This is in the future I just think that 5Ds and Zexal have alternate timelines since xyz is considered new and dangerous.....while fusion and synchro are just advanced.

Plus Shun and Yuuto seem to dislike fusion and synchro greatly and would probably die before using it.....furthermore we didn't see either of those 2 summonings in zexal (except that one card) so idk hopefully we'll get more info with shun's duel.
May 25, 2015 9:29 PM

Dec 2014
So... This was definetly best duel of Arc-V so far, in my opinion. Both players had good strategies, took some hits, and kept dueling like pros! And Sawatari is my new favorite character (and not because I also use Yosenjus, lol).
So next episode is Sora vs Shun, in... Heartland?! And....
DID SORA JUST WINK AT THE SCREEN?! *dies of fujoshi Sora overload*
Jun 18, 2015 1:24 AM

Jan 2014
That was actually pretty exciting. I mean, of course Yuya had one or two super situational cards that allowed him to win (that card that changed all of Sawatari's monsters' names when removed from the field), but it was still pretty evened out, and the added bit of character development for Sawatari thrown in made it even better.
Feb 18, 2017 1:33 PM

Jan 2009
This is my second favorite episode so far (my favorite one is episode 11 Gongenzaka vs Toudou).
I really like how Sawatari developed his rivalry with Yuya.
Jan 13, 2018 6:52 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
This was a pretty cheat duel...
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jun 27, 2022 11:07 PM

Jul 2013
I'm sorry but what kind of bullshit is this?

Yuya's deck is filled with enough bricks to build a castle out of. The only way his deck can even function is by hard-drawing the pendulum scales (which he always does because muh protagonist). Sawatari's deck can function with or without pendulum, and he has a way to search for the scales. Top that off, his bounce to deck combo is one of the best forms of removal in the game, and it rightfully left Yuya with literally no card to play.

Sawatari had every rights to win this game... except that Yuya pulled the action card out of his butt which ended the battle phase, never mind the fact that the best any action card has done up to this point was stopping ONE attack. But wait, he also top decked a card that literally let him draw 5 for no reason and then drew all the pieces he needed for an OTK. Let that sink in. Card of Demise is a draw 3 and it stops you from special summoning the entire turn. This card of Yuya is a potential draw 13.

I believed that Yuma is the worst when it comes to plot armor, and I still do, but at least Yuma had a functional deck and very clearly used superpower.

Man, I'm already mad and I know it gets a lot worse from here lol.
JustMonakaJun 27, 2022 11:47 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 142 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2017

13 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 30, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 136 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2016

32 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 29, 1:58 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 118 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2016

36 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 25, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 143 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2017

18 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 18, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 137 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2017

30 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 17, 6:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.