Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 16, 2014 4:46 PM

Feb 2013
This concept is pretty sweet however i hate thise fucking censorship flashes grrr.
Jesus can walk on water. Cucumbers are 96% water. I can walk on cucumbers. I'm 96% Jesus.
Nov 16, 2014 5:00 PM

Aug 2008
Wow, only the second episode that I didn't really like (first being the island one). The fanservice was over the top and stupid (although we had plenty of those in the past). Oh well, at least we progressed somewhere.

Poor Sylvia... I hope this means that starting next week, Cross Ange will get really serious with the plot.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Nov 16, 2014 6:23 PM

Aug 2012
Wait did I enjoy this episode? It'd done nothing but annoy me for six weeks but I actually liked the episode to an extent. Mostly because of Salia's screentime and development, but Ange's sick stupor in combat was nice(granted that's because I can't take these battles remotely seriously) and the squad's resolution at the end was alright. Especially Salia finally leading them so naturally.

Shit, it's Valvrave all over again.

How the hell are those microboobs? Best girl, best figure.
Nov 16, 2014 7:14 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
If it can maintain the same level of entertainment I might have to bump this series higher.... So far, Cross Ange is one of the series this season I actually look forward to.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 16, 2014 7:54 PM
Nov 2013
Salia as Sailor Moon, I like that. That foght between Ange and Salia was hilarious, and everyone no one even cared.

Glad the girls will finally fight as a team. I hope Hilda joins in soon.
Nov 16, 2014 9:15 PM

Jun 2014
This show has its ups and downs, But I actually enjoy it. Though I SERIOUSLY expected the little one to get flattened. All these happy episodes... something deadly is coming. I can feel it.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Nov 16, 2014 10:38 PM
Jul 2013
Hilarious ep, 5/5. I hope they can bond with Hilda because I don't like all the drama ><. Bring on the yuri and the laughs!
Nov 17, 2014 6:39 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The comedy tag should now be added for this show. And Yuri orgy FTW (I'm incredibly shallow, what can I say).

Next episode. Bikini's and apparently, piglets.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 17, 2014 7:06 AM

Dec 2007
AlexTheRiot said:

How the hell are those microboobs? Best girl, best figure.

I know right! This happened in Vanadis as well, but worse. The girl with the huge boobs was envious of the girl with even huger boobs. It's messed up.

This episode was like the beach one, in that it looks much better on paper than in execution. The story planning is completely fine, but there seems to be very little effort put into the details. Some things could have been much less spelled out (like "Ange doesn't want anyone to die, dontcha know?"), and everything from Salia's perspective could have been more intimate. We could have seen more of her emotions. It's like a good writer hands his material to a bad director who dumbs it down and fails to give it any impact. It's almost sad.

But at least we got boobs, right?!
Nov 17, 2014 9:30 AM

Feb 2007
That magical girl... :D Dear Cross Ange, all is forgiven.

I think I said it already after the first episode that she would have to save her sister. A bit unexpected at this exact time as we had zero information about her family until now, even with Momoka there, although it did explain Momoka's arrival a bit more. Still, surely we all knew something like this would happen at some point.

Shaniyaz said:
I think we can safely assume that Sylvia is getting raped by her Onii-san at the last scene. Well, that was bound to happen someday.

I doubt it's quite that bad. The guy is big on appearances, he would at least need a big royal wedding before getting there on their romantic (in his eyes) wedding night.
luinthoronNov 17, 2014 10:05 AM
Nov 17, 2014 12:35 PM

Jun 2008
Damn! She looks so fine with her hair down.

MgMaster said:
RedHazard said:
I, Angelise Ikaruga Mitsurugi, wish to here provide an explanation regarding this altercation which occurred at the bathhouse between myself and Squadron Number One Captain Thalia.

On the occasion of my daily sorties, my performance has been spectacular, and thinking about it now this was more than enough to make Captain Thalia jealous. However, for my part, I knew nothing of the captain's envy and unfounded slandering of me, and I had no idea whatsoever about the captain's mounting day-to-day stress.

Even when the captain came to me at the bathhouse my only thought was that she had come to praise my usual work, Further, even when Captain Thalia came at me with a knife, I though that this was a unique manifestation of the captain's affection and I accepted the challenge without a thought.

I knocked away the captain's knife, and after some bare-handed fighting, we entered into a battle with scrubbing brushes, and I felt that it was actually beating her that would meet her expectations, and so before I knew it, I had won a total victory.

As far as this goes, I believe my behavior is as it normally is in my day-to-day life, but I have come to learn through this incident that my being elegant and luxurious causes some people to feel envy.

I am guilty of no wrongdoing or misconduct in this incident, and I myself am not to blame in the slightest, so I can improve nothing, but if it may be said that the mere perfection of my existence begat it, then I do offer some apology.

Best apology letter. Momoka 11/10

Then there's mahou-shoujo Salia,Salia evading Ange's grip due to her "microboobs"(lol,gg Ange) and of course,let's not forget the appearance of the BIG ONE:

- It's huge.
- Oh my,it's big.
- Salia,tell me about the big one.
- I've never seen such a thing.
- Salia's never seen it?
- Then it might be - it's -
- A virgin.
- A virgin?
- No way! This is my first time.
- Is this the first time for you, Officer?

As entertaining as all that was,there was still some nice character development for Salia,along with the team finally coming together(well,besides Hilda). Also,with the commander saying that "they'll need Tusk" and Ange's sister calling(assuming it really is her),it looks like the plot will thicken starting next week.

I'm probably liking this show way more than I should but whatever,it just delivers. Next week can't come sooner.

Deep dialogs right there. People just can't get how deep this show is.
Nov 17, 2014 1:24 PM

Mar 2012
Sick Ange is pretty cute lol.
And hopefully Tusk comes back in the next episode. ><
UneasyHeartNov 17, 2014 1:28 PM
Nov 17, 2014 4:48 PM

Dec 2013
Why don't we ever get gifs or even pics of the Dragons? Those designs are damn cool!

Anyway, this episode was quite decent. Enjoyed it a lot.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Nov 17, 2014 6:28 PM

Feb 2013
>End episode on a serious cliffhanger
>Next episode: Bikini Escape

lawl this show mang
Nov 17, 2014 6:38 PM

Sep 2014
This show this show is this show this show this show this show this show I got nothing just....yeah.
Nov 17, 2014 8:47 PM

Jan 2014
A pretty lighthearted episode. Liked it. Guess the next episode will be more interesting :)
Nov 17, 2014 10:02 PM

Aug 2013
gedata said:
>End episode on a serious cliffhanger
>Next episode: Bikini Escape

lawl this show mang

Maybe the escape is somehow Ange escaping to go help her sister? I dunno, I'm reaching here.
Nov 17, 2014 11:28 PM

Oct 2013
damn what an awesome episode of yuri ange, can't wait to find out who will be sexually harassed next week!

I was really hoping there'd be at least one casualty, as it would've made for a far more impacting development, but oh well. Pretty decent episode anyway.

Looks like next week's episode is the obligatory beach fan service episode - so it should be like every single other episode, I guess.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 18, 2014 1:37 AM

Jan 2011
I really can't hate this show lol

"I think i'm falling,right?"

"I am"

sick Ange is the best Ange
Nov 18, 2014 5:40 AM

Apr 2014
Second class citizens finally starting to depend on each other. And, as shown, bathe together. The conversation about Tusk was cool... I liked the quick reveal of all those people standing in front of an earlier Vilkiss.
Nov 18, 2014 12:04 PM

Sep 2014
of course a DRAGON never seen before is called a virgin with accompanying "Is it your first time?" jokes in this anime
I don't consider myself a good judge.

trying not to be an obnoxious otaku
Nov 19, 2014 1:59 AM

Nov 2011
3/5

From what I have seen I should nip the episode on the spot, promotes it because I have the complete vision of the anime.
Narration too predictable, too-good and too unbalanced to the detriment of the action.
Fortunately, the CG and drawings have returned to levels almost excellent. Fluid animations beautiful, I hope that this is just a happy period in a sea of tragedies.
Final twist uninvolving, oh well!
Nov 19, 2014 2:41 AM

Dec 2012
keh, keh, keh

The bath scene was lame and lacked whatsoever impact. Inconsistencies will be penalized on the spot, script writers, 2/5.
Nov 19, 2014 3:00 PM

Apr 2010
We saw some interesting character development ones again or better said team development, it's nice to see them cooperating better as a team.
It was nice to see Salia taking action personally i would like her to get some more screen time i really like her character.

I still wonder what they are planning Salia the commander, the Doctor Jasmine and some others as well, it seems like a revolution or something like that.
What also stood out that Tusk was mentioned on something that seemed to be a scouting mission.

The cliffhanger was also appealing and i was waiting on something like this news from the home front so to speak.
It's clear there is still a lot waiting on us and things are still developing leading to more.
We know the girls are planning something and that things are going wrong in Ange's country in particular with the royal family.
I think the only one that profited from the coup in Ange's family was her brother it was clear he wanted to get rid of her, partly because of the hatred against Norma what he was raised with.
But also for power, not to mention that it's questionable to what his intentions are with Sylvia.
Nov 21, 2014 12:41 PM

Jan 2009
As much as I liked the previous episodes, I'm glad to see it's finally going somewhere with the plot.

Also Magical Girl Salia 10/10.
Nov 22, 2014 3:42 PM

May 2012
Omg!

So i really hated this anime from ep1 but now...I have to say that it has grown on me.
Good thing for not dropping it.

And her sister is alive!! YAY!! I see changes soon!
Glad that the team could start to FINALLY work together...well to a point!
""You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things...
Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest."
- Izaya

Nov 22, 2014 5:57 PM

Feb 2013
Captain's log: magical-girl Salia ftw!
Nov 24, 2014 7:25 AM

Jan 2011
now captain Salia is mentioning it, this show has been casualty zero for quite a while

expecting more virgins to appear :)
Nov 29, 2014 8:17 PM

Dec 2013
The next episodes looks like a fanservice filler shit according to the next ep preview. Watching it will be exhausting..
Dec 4, 2014 11:00 PM

Jul 2009
Love this episode!

Perfect balance of fanservice, action, drama as well as team work!

To be honest, i'm really surprised Ange is still in her Gundam protag stage, doing what she wants until some major consequence happens for her to change.

Lol Salia's stress relive methods is dressing up as a mahou shoujo!!!

Damn that Hilda, such a predator :P

She actually sounded like Cure Berry with she chanted that love quotes XD
Eri Kitamura voiced Cure Berry and Madoka as Sayaka so it's no surprised she has experience on Mahou Shoujo :P

That bath fight though!! Can't wait for that Blu Ray goodness!!

Glad Ange finally listened and helped everyone, same with Chris and Rosalie. Hilda seems pissed everyone is at Ange's side once again.

Hope Hilda will be in good terms with Ange as well.

Finally everyone's smiling and all!!

Can't wait for the next episode!!!
Dec 9, 2014 12:30 PM

Dec 2008
Horrible script writers, indeed! Since I keep watching, that makes me a lover of horrible script writers, I guess.

Sent with Mal Updater
Dec 23, 2014 10:06 PM

Mar 2008
I'm not getting why everyone wants to shit on this show. I'm liking it more and more with each episode. Sounds like Sylvia is in trouble. Probably due to her big brother, he seemed like a total creep from episode 1.
Jan 19, 2015 3:56 PM

Dec 2012
Mahou Shoujo Salia-tan. She should just stay in that outfit every episode, it suits her better. Of course that's impossible though, since they spend more time naked. Ange with a fever is surprisingly cute, I liked how she was demanding compensation at the end. It might just be my imagination, but the censoring seems to be getting heavier each episode. This is blasphemy against Ange.
Mar 29, 2015 12:35 AM

Sep 2014
I need to start dressing up as a mahou shoujo to alleviate stress. XD

Let's eat this virgin and go home to celebrate in a bath of money" LOOOOOL

I love this show!
Apr 11, 2015 11:21 AM
May 2012
I think Salia with her voice is cute. She'll even be cuter when she dropped the twin tails.
Now, you two bitches realize the awesomeness of Ange and Salia. Hilda, just give up, baby.
Damn perverted brother at the end.
Well, time for me to sleep. Spring break is over. School tomorrow =_=
Apr 11, 2015 11:23 AM
May 2012
Monad said:
Damn! She looks so fine with her hair down.

MgMaster said:

Best apology letter. Momoka 11/10

Then there's mahou-shoujo Salia,Salia evading Ange's grip due to her "microboobs"(lol,gg Ange) and of course,let's not forget the appearance of the BIG ONE:

- It's huge.
- Oh my,it's big.
- Salia,tell me about the big one.
- I've never seen such a thing.
- Salia's never seen it?
- Then it might be - it's -
- A virgin.
- A virgin?
- No way! This is my first time.
- Is this the first time for you, Officer?

As entertaining as all that was,there was still some nice character development for Salia,along with the team finally coming together(well,besides Hilda). Also,with the commander saying that "they'll need Tusk" and Ange's sister calling(assuming it really is her),it looks like the plot will thicken starting next week.

I'm probably liking this show way more than I should but whatever,it just delivers. Next week can't come sooner.

Deep dialogs right there. People just can't get how deep this show is.

I think it's a good dialogue ahahaha. That apology letter. I didn't pause cause the font was small.
Jul 14, 2015 11:38 AM

Aug 2013
They eat the virgin and still gets paid for it.. good deal. Hahaha..
Ah well so it's goodbye to the cold Ange now ? The cliff hanger is good.
The mental pervert is going to get his hands on Sylvia.. somebody save her !!
And are they going to have more fanservice next episode ?
Nov 5, 2015 11:06 AM

Oct 2010
You know, this would have worked just fine if Ange wasn't so OP. I mean, even Salia started to loose in hand to hand combat against Ange, and she was suppose to be longer then her. Personality aside you just can't jump on a top of the chain just cuz' you have powers coming out of your ass aka MC syndrome. Honestly if this bickering of girls continued I would have dropped the show but thankfully they are finally getting along a bit better. Or at least, Ange is less of a bitch but still annoying. I wouldn't have felt a thing if she died. Group bathing, nice.

So they know Tusk? He will probably join them against taking over the empire, cuz' someone has to stop that perverted brother. Salia is probably the most likable female so far.
Dec 26, 2015 10:28 PM

Dec 2012
I hope after this episode Rosalie becomes a likable character aside from her looks. That's the only thing holding back her waifu potential.

Don't worry, Sylvia. Onii-sama just wants to play with his imouto and have kids with her to restore the family name in the process.

No nipples again. I cry every time.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Mar 1, 2016 6:57 AM

Apr 2009
Salia best girl. <3

KitaEri FTW
Oct 27, 2016 5:12 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Fan service without nipples is like bread without butter...... just not a tasteful experience. On the other side of the toast.... Magic Girl Salia was pretty funny.
Meanwhile, the dragons and fights are still pretty good art!
Sep 13, 2017 4:41 PM

Sep 2014
so they dont have to dress half naked when piloting mechas, huh?
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jan 26, 2018 5:11 AM

Jul 2008
About time the team drama ended.
Feb 21, 2018 5:57 AM

May 2015
That threesome is quite NORMAl. Get it? huehuehueheu.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 12, 2019 9:29 AM

May 2016
For a minute, I thought I was watching the wrong show. I mean, magical girl??? LOL. Ahahaha, Ange's life is going to be in danger after what she saw.

This episode had it all though: action, yuri kissing, cosplay, maids, DRAGON, etc. Ange is dressed kinda funny though this episode.
Mar 23, 2019 7:12 PM

Aug 2018
We finally have squad cohesion, and the opening are wraps. Let the next arc begin.
Mar 21, 2020 1:08 PM

Apr 2013
And just like that Ange is cool with everyone again.... well almost, but Hilda is a stupid bitch anyway. Next episode on the beach, this should be one of the highlights of this show.
Jun 10, 2020 3:01 PM

Feb 2014
First time I have seen and ill person riding a mecha in an anime.
Feb 2, 2023 6:32 PM
Feb 2022
Salia al fin ha demostrado que puede ser capitana, y Ange ha aceptado trabajar mas en equipo. Además de que 2 de las 3 que desprecian a Ange han decidido dejar de sabotearla. De a poco el grupo se esta volviendo unido.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

331 by jiashun02 »»
Oct 22, 2023 3:16 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

194 by Babieca009 »»
Aug 17, 2023 5:51 PM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

131 by FireRifle64 »»
Aug 8, 2023 1:03 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

285 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Jul 17, 2023 4:24 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

151 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Jul 17, 2023 3:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.