Forum Settings
Forums
A Silent Voice
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jun 21, 2015 6:22 AM
Sep 2014
I think people hate ending, and for me, this manga didnt lack romance at all.
Jun 29, 2015 10:28 AM

Sep 2013
Rather unsatisfying ending but it was good read overall.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Jul 2, 2015 4:32 AM
Sep 2013
Like many others, I found this chapter to be very underwhelming.
I also hoped for romance, yes; but it could have been perfect without it as well. When I say I hoped for romance I don't mean that I specifically wanted to see Shouko and Shouya kiss, but rather that I was looking forward to the climatic nature of the moment in which they kiss. That is, romance would be a way to give the sea of feels that is this manga one final, climatic, satisfying ending, that would convert all your feels thus far into a small(?), satisfied smile upon your face as you flip that last page. I'd have been perfectly fine with no romance if there was some sort of climax, some sort of... something that would make me feel like this chapter was unusual, like it wasn't "just another chapter". Romance was just one way to do that. But I just didn't feel like anything of that sort happened. It really was "just another chapter", and the smile I smiled wasn't an accumulation of all the smiles I derived from this manga to this day: it was just the usual post-chapter smile.
I dunno. I still love this manga - I enjoyed every individual chapter so much and I will not change my 10/10 rating; but the ending really was "just another chapter". It was a good chapter, but it wasn't a good conclusion to all the good ones that preceded it, which is what makes me feel like it's underwhelming, I think; all my hopes for a climatic conclusion to this incredible story were pretty much blown to pieces.
I'm grateful to Ooima Yoshitoki for the great time I got thanks to this manga. <3
Jul 6, 2015 8:52 PM

Dec 2012
I am very disappointed by these turn of events. It's not just the ending. The opening and the progression was great. However, the conflict felt somewhat unnatural, resolution (I don't even call that a resolution) was half-assed. Characters acted out of character in an situations where they shouldn't have, not enough depth to make it plausible either. Seems like the writer didn't know what to make of some of the characters.

Shouya definitely showed great promise in his growth but the writer tried to make it "normal" and the Japanese normal was definitely not fit for him and Shouko for that matter. Speaking of which, she was also underdeveloped, we never really see her depression until the writer just dumps it on us (just like that random grandma scene where she's introduced and then killed in the next chapter). Don't let me get started on the others, they felt pretty shallow. Maybe except for Naoka but even then she has her on share of *problems*.

I'm harping this much but I enjoyed it until near the third quarter. I still think this is a good read.
Jul 6, 2015 11:41 PM
Nov 2009
Are people really that burned about the lack of romance? They're making it seem like that was the central theme of the story.

I can understand complaints about character progression though. By chapter 58 I was thinking "they still have a long way to go" and yet it ended so quickly. Although the MC is, for the most part, over his basic societal problems, it's apparent from how he reacts to nishimiya deciding to leave for tokyo that he doesn't fully understand himself yet.

There was still more to be said. My best anology for this ending is: the wound is no longer festering

I did find this largely unfulfilling. Yes, I can fill in the gaps myself, but that's not the point of listening to another person's story. Coming right from "Ran and the Ashen World" which had a phenomenal ending, this seems... lame
Jul 21, 2015 5:09 PM

Jan 2013
I can't believe it, never have a been so disappointed. I love this manga, all it needed to be perfect was a love confession. I just wanted it to happen so badly.
9.75/10
Seriously, so frustrating.
Aug 3, 2015 2:18 AM

May 2015
Lol'ing at all the people saying the ending is bad JUST because there wasn't a kiss, even when that was never the story's MAIN focal point. "Dropping the score by two points because no kiss," Gtfo.

Aug 29, 2015 4:02 AM

Oct 2014
Not gonna lie, I cried a lot through this series. Spectacular. But this ending was not satisfying at all. I need more :(
Sep 6, 2015 11:47 AM
Oct 2012
Just finished reading this manga. Rated 10, actually, i would like to give it a 9, because there were some holes in the story, but overall i still think it deserves a 10.

And btw it's fine guys, the ending was already "happy ending" they're both together, daijobu, sometimes we gotta feel the pain from the cliff-hanging once in a while :')

Now now, time to recharge my eyes.
amandachristySep 6, 2015 11:53 AM
Sep 6, 2015 1:54 PM

Mar 2010
fun read. Can't wait for the movie.

still have no idea how he survived that..
Oct 11, 2015 2:39 PM

Jan 2013
Not a good ending. Again we have Shoya "facing his future" which he's actually done earlier in the manga a few times (deciding not to kill himself, facing his old classmates, thinking about his future career, etc.). Ending the story on this same thing gave me the impression that not much growth occurred. The movie bit felt strange too. The backlash received by the characters by the judge felt like it added nothing of benefit since they all got over it in literally the same chapter and it didn't seem like they did anything else differently than they normally would have.

The story wasn't all bad. The elementary school life and soon thereafter where Shoya finds Nishimiya was well done. They should have focused more on their relationship and how their past affects their future. Their story was the strongest point in the manga and I felt the side characters like Kawai and Mashiba detracted from the story. The chapter when Nishimiya dreams about a perfect childhood was the strongest one and shows how great of an impact that initial elementary school arc has.

KyoAni turns everything into gold though so I hope they do an adaptation that will focus on the manga's strengths.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Oct 12, 2015 9:17 PM
Jun 2015
Actually, they could have shown a time leap abt what they are doing in their real life later on in their life...

Still, for handling such a delicate topic, I give this 9/10...
Oct 23, 2015 9:38 AM

Dec 2012
Just finish Silent voice and I'll say it's one of the best manga I've read and Ishida and Shouko are two characters that relate to me like Shouko getting bullied because she was deaf remind me of my days during 5th-8th grade because I have Spastic Hemiplegia Cerebral Palsy and my speaking is similar to Shouko because of my disability so I have to write stuff down like she did. And Ishida isolated from himself from everyone which I did during my High School years. And Ishida have similar question to me what are friends. I found people who talk to me just an acquaintance. I don't consider them as friends. This manga is similar to my life. 9/10
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Oct 28, 2015 2:37 AM
Feb 2015
Literally just finished the manga now. Loved it, loved it all. Didn't know what I was expecting when I started it 4 hours ago but it wasn't this. I'm perfectly happy with the ending actually. I still feel satisfied. Overrall,10/10 for me (I tend to rate things based on enjoyment level).
Nov 20, 2015 10:21 AM
Aug 2007
Just finished it. Overall, it was pretty nice. Not as amazing as I was expecting it to be, but was still good enough. I DID expect more to happen though. I thought their relationship would go futher than it actually did (but I'm not too fussed about the lack of romance, you can already tell they both have feelings for each other, even if they maybe don't fully understand it yet), I also thought Ishida would face Hirose and Shimada properly.

The concept was very interesting though, bullying and disability conveyed like this isn't something you see very often. It was great to see Shoya's path to redeeming himself because I really hated his young self.
Nov 28, 2015 1:01 AM

Nov 2014
Underwhelming emding, but overall it was a great ride.
Waiting for KyoAni to delive a great movie.

Dec 28, 2015 5:03 PM
Dec 2014
I'm quite new about manga world, i've been very attracted by Koe no Katachi one-shot edition and i decided to read it when it came out.

There are many themes that the manga delivers very well, such as the fall and the redemption of Shouya or the dynamics of an group of friends at the high school age (yep, my high school was pretty messed up too!)

Unfortunately, in my opinion, there are many topics that are "suggested" along the manga that are not developed properly. The biggest of them is the love between Shouko and Shoujo. Since "the moon" misunderstanding we are given inputs that the two could start a romantic relationship at any time. And this had a great narrative potential because of Shouko problems. Speaking of which she is left a bit isolated, and she never really melts in with the group of friends except Shoujo. And this is another great story left aside.

My final impression about Koe no Katachi is that it could have been a masterpiece but there was too much material, too many ideas thrown in that were not properly addressed, and this left me a bit dissatisfied.
Dec 30, 2015 4:25 AM

Jan 2011
Pedro's back! That's all I wanted, not even lying.
Jan 1, 2016 10:11 PM

Sep 2014
8/10.
I'm ready for the movie/anime!

(I kind liked the way the one-shot set it up, though..)
KonoetanJan 1, 2016 10:15 PM
Jan 26, 2016 12:00 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Well that wa s really good manga that handled a touchy subject very respectfully. Although, I'm not too hot on the ending either. Just seems kind of lazy to me. After all that, we only got them holding hands. I understand that's a big step in their relationship and it pretty much implies that they're going to be together, but that is not the emotional payoff we were looking for. But still, I'm very happy they're together.

What I pictured was a time skip of Ishida and Nishimiya working at Ishida's mom's salon, Nishimiya is pregnant and has a ring on her finger as she watches Ishida cut someone's hair. Then they kiss. THAT would've garnered a 10 for me.

But in the end, this was a terrific manga. I can understand why everyone likes it so much. It was powerful, emotional, and well written. I'm giving it a 9/10. I'm glad I finished it before the anime, which I'm really excited to see.
Feb 1, 2016 9:37 PM

Feb 2013
I can't believe I finished this in 1 day. Fuck.

Well, I loved it. I reptty much agree with everyone saying that it felt rushed. THhe chapter near the end were really short and things were getting kinda rushed. Also there wasn't as much closure as I wanted. I wanted more!

I wanted a confession scene. I mean we got one early on and we even see Shouko try to learn how to say "I like you" but we never got it. I guess you can say they got together since they were holding hands there at the end. C'mon! You don't hint romance if you're not going to go anywhere with it.

There definitely soe high points like the attempt suicide and Shouko telling her younger sister she wants to die. Jeez. That got me good.

I wonder how the hell they are going to adapt this into one movie. There are definitely going to cut a whole bunch out or will be rush to hell.

Also fuck Kawai. She's the worst human being ever. Fuck her. She never got her just deserts.
Feb 20, 2016 9:30 AM

Feb 2013
I liked the ending, and there was a development. Before Ishida was scared of the thought of bringing back Nishimiya to all those childhood memories, but they've finally decided to step forward and confront those memories head-on instead of letting them fester. I also like that it ends here because I'd imagine they'll meet a lot of new friends in this reunion, which would need a bunch of unnecessary character development - good point to end it since it gets across the basic choice after all this time.

To people being unsatisfied with the romance, I wouldn't even second-guess that they aren't going to get together. They're both getting into similar careers and they both promised each-other to support their dreams, they're gunna get together - more than a hint tbh.

What I'm sad about is Ueno. For a while there I thought it would've been the overall better choice for Ishida to get with her, but the story did show why Nishimiya was the better choice - but I still feel bad for her. She tried really hard at the end to make things right, but she got not that much in return. She's a strong person though so I'm sure she'll end up being successful too.

Thinking more on it, I actually think it would've been more satisfying if the story went to Ueno being closer to Ishida. Ishida and Nishimiya's relationship spurs from the feeling of guilt from either side, that Ishida bullied Nishimya, and that Nishimiya was the cause of Ishida's scorn from everyone. While through both of them suffering more they found some growth, I think it would've been more satisfying and meaningful an ending if they grew to respect one another and move on from guilting over their past.

Nishimiya should've learned from all this to not be so reliant on people, and she's tended to be reliant on Ishida. If she, not directly, but left Ishida for Tokyo and Ueno stayed for some reason, I think that would've led to a more meaningful ending. Ueno may appear a jerk to many people, but she's just more blunt and up-front about things. She doesn't let other people carry their true thoughts while faking around them, so I think Ishida would've benefited the most being with her.

Overall though, not a bad ending, but could've been better.
TyrelFeb 20, 2016 7:30 PM
Mar 24, 2016 5:16 PM
Nov 2008
As someone who's half deaf this manga really portrayed the being deaf part surprisingly well.

Too often disabled characters in anime or manga are either some blind samurai psychists, deaf but can read everything completely from lips or plain ol loli's inna wheelchair.

But yeah, great manga.
Hope there'l be more stories dealing with hardships of being disabled though preferably not mentally as those allready form up the bulk of anime/manga protags. :^)
Mar 30, 2016 1:04 AM
May 2014
it shouldn't over yet...
Mar 31, 2016 1:21 AM

Feb 2013
9/10
hits too close to home
Apr 4, 2016 2:05 PM
Mar 2016
I LOVED THIS MANGA STARTED IT AND FINISHED IT IN THE SAME DAY!
I loved Shoko's character. She was nice to Shoyo to the end, even when he was a bully in elementary, (He would kill himself if he knew he almost made her commit suicide when she was in elementary school)
Someone stated it was a little inaccurate how she liked him, I have to say why there might be some logic to that, I think you have to go deeper.
Shoyo showed up, changed. And remember Shoko did run from him, but she could see that Shoyo changed, he brought back her notebook, (which clearly meant a lot to her) He jumped in the river when she did, and he over all kept on being kind to her never once doing anything he did when he was a kid.
Plus remember, she thought everything that had happened was her fault, even from elementary school. That and she was constantly nice to the girl (Nao) who was still bullying her, so it doesn't surprise me.

Why I think it is not unrealistic, that she falls in love with him, I think it happened to fast. Although I liked Shoko's Mom reaction to when he first started talking to her, same with yuzaru's.

The story is heart wrenching, especially the part when Shoko jumps off the building. I like how though Shoyo devotes himself to being her protector, and trying to mend all the things he broke, which shows a real level of maturity.

Another thing I liked, Shoko's mom and yuzaru make the comment he's just trying to gain closure, to put his mind at ease, but if that was completely true, he would have walked away after she forgave him.

I like how he realizes he was still trying to hide what he had done when he talked to Miki, even though Miki totally lied and said he was bullying her.
When it comes down to it this story was about redemption, but had a nice love story in it as well.
And even though, they never kissed, by the end of the manga, you get the feeling they are a couple, holding hands, facing their past together.

This manga was cool, cause it showed how people can change, and not (in Nao's case) But it was awesome that the manga's group of friends were those who were bullied, and the bully's. I LOVED this manga.

the ending was a bit unsatisfying, but usually Manga's end with a new beginning persay, leaving the whole "what happens next thing" up to you. And a lot of Manga's I've read are like that.
But I like how it still leaves you showing you that ALL characters have changed, and have forgiven those who had wronged them.
Shoyo even forgave his own friends, who betrayed him.

So yeah, I love this Manga, and I think its one of the few manga's that actually show every character developing XD
So yeah my rating for this manga, even though the last two chapters had almost no substance.
10/10
GOD984Apr 4, 2016 2:15 PM
Apr 9, 2016 12:15 PM
Feb 2016
GOD that was one heck of an open ending. Tbh, I'm really dissappinted by that. I mean, okay, we get to see both of our MC held hands before entering the reunion which is the first time the have propperly done that (I know they've done it before but not for the purpose of holding hands). And I'm not talking about the lack of romance here its just that ending is waaay to open and it lacks closure despite all of this build up in previous chapters including some romance as well.

*sigh*

But, overall its been a memorable ride. Definitely one of the best mangas I've ever read and I actually finish in one day.

Final score 8/10
Apr 10, 2016 1:09 AM

Jan 2016
I know it's not a romance focus manga, but still sucks that we've never achieved high scenes like a confession, Ishida confronting Shimada and Hirose after years and their reaction of seeing Nishimiya and Ishida together, if some of those pairing ever got together like Mashiba and Kawai etc

Underwhelming ending, still a great manga tho
8/10
Apr 19, 2016 3:08 PM

Jan 2009
How disappointing :(
After that perfect one-shot, the manga series did not even manage to reach an average rating.

It was dragged out, lost all focus halfway through, and all the additional characters who came in after the timeskip - especially the fat kid - were downright annoying, and were actually holding the leads back.

Now my hope lies in KyoAni that they will cut out all this worthlesss trash the author managed stuff in to the story, and give it a decent ending too.
Suginami85Apr 19, 2016 3:12 PM
Apr 19, 2016 9:02 PM

Jan 2015
Hirose actually got the hottest female in the series....what's happening here....he don't deserve her lol. Even though she just got shown on the final chapter.

We should've got at least a hug or kiss between the 2 MC.
Apr 21, 2016 8:27 PM
Apr 2016
i agree with yellowmamba i hope they rewrite it in the anime
Apr 24, 2016 6:47 AM

Oct 2014
The author had everything done. The climax was perfect and the story was already closed. Now all they needed to do was a conclusion... Yet they managed to screw it up.
May 5, 2016 3:55 AM

Jul 2014
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo................................................................................

Call me cliche, but I wanted a kiss, a confession, a hug, a date, or another bonus chapter at least! There was seriously no closure, and that's what disappoints me. I feel like the OTP was so close, yet so far.. Great manga, but sighhh this ending bothers me.

Still riding this ship hard, though.
Sa1amatMay 5, 2016 12:53 PM
May 7, 2016 5:14 PM

May 2015
So I finished this manga in one go, but I was expecting a kiss - such a letdown.

First half was really good - that bridge scene! - but last chapters doesn't have this feeling IMO.

It's fair 7/10.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 23, 2016 1:22 AM

Jul 2010
I would have liked to have seen his conversation with Shimada and Hirose.
May 27, 2016 12:16 PM
May 2010
No other way to put it. It was a bad ending.

Do not be mistaken, this was a manga with romantic undertones all over it and romance was a huge part of it (one of the characters confessed to the other, for fuck sake!). To end the story without offering closure to any of those themes was a disservice to the readers and to the story itself.

Do not be mistaken, there are a lot of ways of offering a climax without the protagonists ending up as a couple. If the point was to defy expectations that doesn't exempt you from, you know, making an ending for your story. See Onani Master Kurosawa for example (spoilers incoming), that manga had very similar themes to this one and it ended without the MC romancing the love interest, but the lack of a happy ending was a core element to the plot. It served a purpose and made the story advance by making the protagonist evolve in a satisfying way. Koe no Katachi, on the other hand, teased the reader for its whole duration and ended without answering any of those expectations it consistently fed.

This ending made fall the series from a 9/10 to a flat 6/10. A crushing disappointment.
May 28, 2016 12:27 AM

Jan 2013
I just finished the manga like 5 minutes ago and it was amazing. <3
The only thing I expected was Shouko saying "I like you" (Because Yuzuru was helping her to say it properly) but didn't happened:(
Jun 4, 2016 12:18 PM
Nov 2013
Just finished the series, and in some ways I agree with a few of the drawbacks people have pointed out. However, I don't think that the drawbacks are as severe and significant as some people are making them out to be.

I think that the chapters after Nishimiya told Ishida that she liked him let her really think through how she actually felt while also building up Ishida's feelings toward her. When he's saying goodbye to her in the car, he doesn't tell her he loves her because he's letting her go to be what she wants to be (And also he still has a little growing up to do).

However, we see they are implied to be together: both sharing feelings for each other but not being able to fully express them, both wanting to be hairdressers, the "flirting" in the last chapter, and finally them entering into that room together, holding hands.

While I had my own hopes for the ending, this ending also makes sense. The series was always about Ishida and Nishimiya, and what happens in that room they enter doesn't matter because they have faced the problems inside themselves and now stand together facing the future. They now know that they ultimately are not responsible for how others react; they can only control their response. Before, they saw each other's brokenness, but now that brokenness is replaced with understanding, strength, and comfort. Through the act of holding hands, they show their solidarity against whatever comes their way.

And that, I believe, is enough.

9/10 Will read again.
Full-time human.
Jun 8, 2016 6:22 PM

Mar 2008
The manga was a solid 10/10 in the first 10 chapters or so until his elementary classmates came into the picture. They ruined the manga for me.
Jun 11, 2016 8:51 PM

Mar 2016
The only real bad part to this show was the lack of romantic conclusion, it handled Shouko's trauma well and helped both her and Ishida grow. It was actually beautiful to read, but i also wanted the kiss/future bonus chapter.
Jun 18, 2016 5:30 PM

Apr 2011
This manga never ended, it just stopped. It feels like there's 1 volume material left to conclude the story but it just never happened. Oh well, I actually liked this manga and the themes in it. Sucks that it didn't get the ending it deserves.

9/10
Jun 19, 2016 9:52 AM

Jul 2015
Can't believe how much a bad end affect a manga, i was going to give this a 10 but there is no kiss, no confession, i'm really disapointed with the end 9/10
Jul 5, 2016 11:13 PM

Jun 2015
Well, the ending was a bit underwhelming but overall that was an amazing read. When I initially started reading I thought it would have a sad ending, I'm so glad that wasn't the case.
Jul 10, 2016 6:42 PM
Jul 2016
I'm personally a fan of romance, since I love the butterfly feelings of when it's done cute and innocently. But it doesn't need to be the main focus, I'm fine with that. But there were definitely undertones in the story, there was even a misunderstood confession, and obvious signs of feelings for eachother. But no conclusion. That's what's so damn annoying about the end, a lack of conformation about the future of Nishimiya's and Ishida's relationship. While I can infer they'll be together, just doesn't feel the same as knowing they'll be together.
Jul 11, 2016 4:28 AM

Oct 2015
is it just me or the old fat friend of him got married and had a child ?
is it him or I'm mistaken?
I mean aren't they still high school graduants? or it's just his mother with his brother/sister
or his sister with his nephew/niece ?
this got me confused
Jul 13, 2016 12:04 AM

Sep 2014
Black_wind said:
So people are hatin on this just because there wasn't more romance?.....oh jeez
If you want romance, go and read basicass romance shoujo manga. The main point of this manga was something completely different and it just makes me sad when people are like...but but romance! Romance is fckn overrated.

Kittens-kun said:
Lol'ing at all the people saying the ending is bad JUST because there wasn't a kiss, even when that was never the story's MAIN focal point. "Dropping the score by two points because no kiss," Gtfo.

agree with you guys. I liked this manga even if there wasn't any romance in it. By the way, am I the only one who's creeped out by Pedro? The part where he was like "You forgot your tie" o_o

« »
đź”® Tojo Nozomi
Washi Washi
Jul 16, 2016 8:12 AM
Jun 2015
flyingsquirrels said:
Black_wind said:
So people are hatin on this just because there wasn't more romance?.....oh jeez
If you want romance, go and read basicass romance shoujo manga. The main point of this manga was something completely different and it just makes me sad when people are like...but but romance! Romance is fckn overrated.

Kittens-kun said:

agree with you guys. I liked this manga even if there wasn't any romance in it. By the way, am I the only one who's creeped out by Pedro? The part where he was like "You forgot your tie" o_o

I for one am not mad at there being no kiss, but I am mad at the lack of well, anything. The ending was such a huge god damn cliffhanger. I mean, the author had so much content to make a quality ending with. We didn't even get to see the people in the room's faces when they walked in holding hands! I mean, fuck dude. What happened to them later on? Did they take over his mothers business or something?

Really hope the movie creates an ending.
Jul 17, 2016 11:24 AM

Feb 2013
I thought it was great! Even though it was an open ending, you already know that they love each other, just give the ending you wanted.

9/10
Jul 23, 2016 9:22 PM
Jul 2016
New_- said:
AAAAH!!! THAT LAST CHAPTER WAS TOO DAMN SHORT!!!!

Hrmmm.... But I think I'm okay with it... Gotta agree about it being underwhelming, as for development.... I think there is a development by the last. I mean, you can see that the Ishida in the ending seems to be more optimistic than the Ishida at the start of the series... The same goes with Shoko, I should say. Ueno's development is kinda nice too, at least now she is more than a "rough bitch" like she used to. Nothing much about Nagatsuka, Yuzuru, or Mashiba.

As for Sho x Sho, I already predict that it there will be no confession or whatsoever. And hey, I'm okay with it (for me, though). And am I the only one here that think that that holding hand panel at the end was actually cute and beautiful in some ways? Nah, pretty sure there are some more people, right? :3

If there are things that I should rant about this manga, is that the story stretch quite longer than it should be. With this kind of story and ending, this should be like Kurosawa which finish only for 30 chaps if it really about to be serialized IMO. Ending this in 62 chaps make the sharpness of the story getting duller. Well, still I think at 62 the beauty of the story is still exist, only it is weaker than it's beginning.

And then Kawai. The friggin' Kawai. Why on earth does this friggin' girl get little development?? This by far is the weakest part of the story for me. The girl is manipulative and victimize herself like f!ck while it's actually other people fall victim by her. Acting all melodrama in hope to save only her sorry ass. And even until the end, I still don't see her realize her mistake. By far, the only time she was "hit" was when she suggest that 1000 cranes and people talk shit behind her, and when that judging of the movie. And that doesn't seem to be effective...

All in all, despite its flaws, Koe no Katachi is a beautiful manga about a journey for redemption. Well, maybe the ending was left like that to emphasize the "journey" more.. Though I felt there could be more effective way than that. Still, it deserves an applause.

8/10. Mainstream Enjoyment. Could be 9/10, but the reasons I said up there makes it not to.

And now, for the anime. Get on the hype train, boys and girls.

Well what you said was really what I too wanted to say. I read Kurosawa's story and it ended quite completely with 30 chapters . I too thought that the story with just 40 chapters would have told everything. Well I read it 2 years later than you coz you know I couldn't wait for the film and this the 2nd manga I have completed . Kurosawa's manga was first. Well are there more than 62 chapters? Well there was one shot and some 38.5 chapter or something so does that make 64 chapters or there are 2 more additional chapters. Well if u have any recommendations of short but great mangas then please help me out pal.
Jul 23, 2016 9:41 PM
Jul 2016
Carto738 said:
flyingsquirrels said:

I for one am not mad at there being no kiss, but I am mad at the lack of well, anything. The ending was such a huge god damn cliffhanger. I mean, the author had so much content to make a quality ending with. We didn't even get to see the people in the room's faces when they walked in holding hands! I mean, fuck dude. What happened to them later on? Did they take over his mothers business or something?

Really hope the movie creates an ending.

Yes I have my hopes up high coz I know that the movie can't convey everything in a short interval but it can show the faces and show him take over his mother's shop well for the romance part we all know it's a no go for ueno and the rest u can imagine what happens sho x sho that's what my friend says. What I really want from the movie is to convey the message properly and provide feels for the people coz it's quite a good slice of life. Well I too have a deaf friend and really the same shit happened but the story takes it too far , he was just mocked that's all but believe me he had to go to special school coz it was hard on him and he couldn't cope up coz there was just this feeling of sympathy for him not everyone volunteered to play or talk to him coz they wanted they just did it coz of sympathy. Well sure there were nice characters around and the bullying was mild coz whenever it happened someone was there for him . Well anyways hope it turns out well coz he too read it and waits for it coz you know he lives nearby my house and we've been good friends although I can't convey much to him but he too likes reading manga and stuff and he wants some romance to see.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koe no Katachi Chapter 10 Discussion

LucarioDude - Nov 5, 2013

35 by Saiunknown »»
Apr 30, 5:48 PM

» Difference?

Mangahater - Apr 19

9 by Zarutaku »»
Apr 20, 1:32 AM

Poll: » Koe no Katachi Chapter 61 Discussion

Ana - Nov 9, 2014

45 by KanYeeT »»
Apr 19, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Koe no Katachi Chapter 57 Discussion

Maerow - Oct 11, 2014

40 by KanYeeT »»
Apr 19, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Koe no Katachi Chapter 50 Discussion

Ana - Aug 26, 2014

39 by KanYeeT »»
Apr 19, 3:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.