Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 8, 2014 11:54 AM

Jul 2014
So I assume it's safe to say that ALO is going to be the setting for these few remaining eps? Guess I'll be dropping this...
Nov 8, 2014 11:57 AM

Apr 2012
First half mainly consist of Kirito and Asuna acting lovey dovey with each other

The second half is a kind of build-up to future episodes.

ED features LiSA's new song. It was amazing, as usual.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Nov 8, 2014 11:58 AM

Dec 2012
OppaiSugoi said:
So I assume it's safe to say that ALO is going to be the setting for these few remaining eps? Guess I'll be dropping this...

rlly? ur going to drop it cause of the setting and not the plot? well, if ur looking for an arc filled with action, u may as well. If u want feels, then keep going
Nov 8, 2014 12:01 PM
Jan 2012
so...
all mobs are saved/fapped and drop looted?
or we are going to see yet another dramatic arc about getting some new legendaries and unlocking skills? seriously wtf im watching. One more ep and this trash is going to drop.
Nov 8, 2014 12:04 PM

Jul 2014
powerofemo said:
OppaiSugoi said:

rlly? ur going to drop it cause of the setting and not the plot? well, if ur looking for an arc filled with action, u may as well. If u want feels, then keep going

Yeah I was looking for more action tbh. I don't know, but anything happening in ALO (s1 and this) to me was soo boring IMO.
Nov 8, 2014 12:04 PM

Jun 2014
For a series that never really had a strong plot they're strangely comfortable with these slow episodes.
Then again, the fights have dropped in quality significantly, it's mostly just hitting a wall with legs and getting little scenes of them jumping in the air and doing back flips with glowing swords. Maybe they're trying to go down a more emotional path? Eh, i'm glad there's not long left.
Nov 8, 2014 12:09 PM

Sep 2014
unknownp123 said:
so...
all mobs are saved/fapped and drop looted?
or we are going to see yet another dramatic arc about getting some new legendaries and unlocking skills? seriously wtf im watching. One more ep and this trash is going to drop.

Just expect the unexpected is all I have to say. Feelville is our current destination. Also did you not hear Asuna about saying she is interested in the sword skill but also why someone would be putting such a thing on the line. Why is this person dueling all these people.
Nov 8, 2014 12:10 PM

Dec 2012
OppaiSugoi said:
powerofemo said:

Yeah I was looking for more action tbh. I don't know, but anything happening in ALO (s1 and this) to me was soo boring IMO.

Well honestly, i found the calibur arc and the "rescue" arc pretty boring myself. Not cuz its ALO, but nothing exciting rlly happens. but, im hanging in there, cuz apparently mother rosario is said to be the "best arc" and all these arcs build up to 1 giant 1(alicinization, however u spell that) So, I still hav lots of hope for this :)
Nov 8, 2014 12:13 PM
Mar 2012
Chabe said:
Then again, the fights have dropped in quality significantly, it's mostly just hitting a wall with legs and getting little scenes of them jumping in the air and doing back flips with glowing swords.
Don't know what you're talking about. The quality of the fights are significantly higher than that of season one's, especially with the noticeable animation upgrade and special effects. The opponents may not be as interesting, but the fight quality definitely rose a few levels.
Nov 8, 2014 12:37 PM

Nov 2012
so motherfucker rosario is beginning?
i will just reading comment to find comrade who dislike this upcoming mellowdramashit too
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Nov 8, 2014 12:38 PM

May 2013
Reyxe said:
Brace yourselves, "this has no action, so boring, 1/10" comments are coming.
Admittedly... The franchise sort of got its footing off of having really exciting action.
Nov 8, 2014 12:39 PM

Dec 2012
So many cringeworthy moments with Asuna and Kirito.
The latter half of the episode was really good though.
Nov 8, 2014 12:40 PM

Jul 2007
lx_theo said:
Reyxe said:
Admittedly... The franchise sort of got its footing off of having really exciting action.

Because A1 decided its BRILLIANT idea to stuff ~30 Episode material into ~12 episodes.
Nov 8, 2014 12:41 PM

May 2013
CookingPriest said:
lx_theo said:

Because A1 decided its BRILLIANT idea to stuff ~30 Episode material into ~12 episodes.
Don't disagree, but point still stands
Nov 8, 2014 12:43 PM
Mar 2012
lx_theo said:
Reyxe said:
Because they realized properly adapting a series is actually a good thing.
Nov 8, 2014 12:44 PM

Jun 2014
LastChapter said:
Chabe said:
Then again, the fights have dropped in quality significantly, it's mostly just hitting a wall with legs and getting little scenes of them jumping in the air and doing back flips with glowing swords.
Don't know what you're talking about. The quality of the fights are significantly higher than that of season one's, especially with the noticeable animation upgrade and special effects. The opponents may not be as interesting, but the fight quality definitely rose a few levels.

They look prettier but there's less going on. The opponents are very immobile in this part of the series, hence my "wall with legs" analogy. An exciting opponent is a big part of a fight scenes quality. I don't consider a fight to be better just because it looks shinier.

A lot of the character attacking animations feel more like stock animations and less tailor made for that scene which also reduces the quality. When they do their attacks I keep thinking "oh it's the same as before".
Nov 8, 2014 12:44 PM

Jul 2012
Finally the quality steps up.

Asuna new main.
Nov 8, 2014 12:51 PM

Dec 2013
Seriously, SAO keeps trolling us ( me at least ). They give us a really good arc ( in SAO's standarts ) like Phantom Bullet and then it abruptly changes into something that's very filler like. I mean I know it's canon but it feels like it. I won't drop this, but it's tempting.
Nov 8, 2014 12:54 PM

Sep 2014
The flash back at the bar showed us the sword skills and some floors were added in Christmas eve. They use these sword skills to kill the floor 21st. Four days later the calibur arc starts and they were talking about said update mentioned in the flashback which added sword skills. I liked connecting that small detail lol.

Now Zekken is offering their sword kill to however defeats them in a duel. That is pretty cool you can teach people your own sword skills. Does it get explained why they have such a unique sword skill later on ?
Nov 8, 2014 12:56 PM
Apr 2014
robis798 said:
Seriously, SAO keeps trolling us ( me at least ). They give us a really good arc ( in SAO's standarts ) like Phantom Bullet and then it abruptly changes into something that's very filler like. I mean I know it's canon but it feels like it. I won't drop this, but it's tempting.

Youre totally wrong.

Caliber is side Story.

But this is Mother's Rosario and is equally as good or better than Phantom Bullet.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Nov 8, 2014 12:56 PM
Mar 2012
Bomb2chest said:
Now Zekken is offering their sword kill to however defeats them in a duel. That is pretty cool you can teach people your own sword skills. Does it get explained why they have such a unique sword skill later on ?

ALO implemented a new system called Original Sword Skills. Kirito has a pretty detailed monologue of it, but I'm sure it'll be cut in the anime. For more info: http://swordartonline.wikia.com/wiki/Original_Sword_Skill
Nov 8, 2014 12:58 PM
Oct 2012
Bomb2chest said:

It should, though I have found that A-1 isn't the best at providing the explanations from the books into the animation so who knows.

But if you really want to enjoy this arc I would advise to stop asking about what is going to happen, the enjoyment of this arc is in great part the revelation.

Edit: should add, the SAO novels are very good at filling in gaps, so if something about the animation annoys the novels go into far more detail. For instance those people Asuna met were not "potential fiancees". This isn't a "revelation", and it is the type of detail that all too often A-1 cuts (or does in such a way that you think the opposite of the writers intent was meant)
Takuan_SohoNov 8, 2014 1:01 PM
Nov 8, 2014 1:04 PM

Dec 2013
Reyxe said:
robis798 said:

Youre totally wrong.

Caliber is side Story.

But this is Mother's Rosario and is equally as good or better than Phantom Bullet.

How am I totally wrong? Nothing in SAO II was filler, everything was canon, even the Caliber arc. What I say is that it feels like filler compared to Phantom Bullet.

And well regarding the upcoming arc, well it's a taste thing. I liked Phantom Bullet for reasons why many people liked it and I dislike ALO, so I don't think it will be as great for me.
Nov 8, 2014 1:09 PM

Sep 2014
Relevant commentary:

FINNALY

YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKI

Not so relevant one:

Asuna talking about the house was heartbreaking bealtiful, I thought they wouldn't put a single romance atmosphere in this season (they hadn't until now and even started to ship KiritoXSinon for some reason).

It almost cried for something so silly, will probably die at the ending of the arc....

And sincerely, Asuna never fails to amaze me, she is so lovely and so badass when it comes to fighting.

The boss fight...
*boss not dying*
"Fuck it, you heal"
*grabs rapier*
Badass level 999.

Even less relevant one:

MR is the deepest arc and probably the most intelligent one in opinion, I can't say that the adaptation is flawless, but until now at least, it's great!

I'm worried about the number of episodes though.
DrArtoriusNov 8, 2014 1:17 PM
Nov 8, 2014 1:17 PM

May 2014
The lack of action may not be a problem, but it's not like it automatically makes the dialogue great either. It's relying on emotional investment pretty hard, so no wonder most people either love it or hate it.
Nov 8, 2014 1:21 PM

Dec 2013
DrArtorius said:

The boss fight...
*boss not dying*
"Fuck it, you heal"
*grabs rapier*
Badass level 999.

Actually I liked this quite a lot, since all Asuna has been doing is healing ( srsly? ). But it seems this arc will be all about her so I hope there will be some more badass moments.
Nov 8, 2014 1:26 PM
Jun 2011
robis798 said:
DrArtorius said:

The boss fight...
*boss not dying*
"Fuck it, you heal"
*grabs rapier*
Badass level 999.

Actually I liked this quite a lot, since all Asuna has been doing is healing ( srsly? ). But it seems this arc will be all about her so I hope there will be some more badass moments.
by this ending song i almost sure all the arc will be focused on her
Nov 8, 2014 1:29 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
The arc that we've all been waiting for, Mother's Rosario. I'm surprised Leafa battled Zekken.

Asuna thinking Zekken is some strong foe from SAO, and then gets jealous about the conversation between Zekken/Kirito.

Bar guy not letting Asuna/Kirito get in their lovey-dovey mood lol. Coughing each time they get into it xD. I've always wondered how he got into SAO, nice that they also added some back story to his character.

Sinon makes a brief cameo appearance during the fight early in the episode.

So Asuna has two characters in ALO. Her main blue haired one and the short haired green character. So players can have more than one character?

Nov 8, 2014 1:30 PM

Dec 2013
elior1 said:
robis798 said:

But will she be badass?
Nov 8, 2014 1:33 PM

Jul 2014
robis798 said:
elior1 said:

But will she be badass?

Find out next time on Dragonball Z.
[center][/center]
Nov 8, 2014 1:38 PM
Mar 2012
SweetKotomi said:
So Asuna has two characters in ALO. Her main blue haired one and the short haired green character. So players can have more than one character?

Well yeah, you're not just stuck with one avatar and that's it. Kazuto has two avatars, his original SAO one where you see him use it when rescuing Asuna in the second half of the first season, and his current one in the second season where he starts from scratch. Asada has two avatars, Sinon for GGO and another for ALO (she didn't migrate accounts). Remember people asked if they could buy Kirito's GGO avatar, and also multiple people were using Death Gun's avatar too. Asuna actually has three, her original SAO, her main ALO, and alternate nerf Erika.
Nov 8, 2014 1:40 PM
Apr 2014
robis798 said:
elior1 said:

But will she be badass?

She won a duel against Kirito, if he doesn't use Dual Blades, then Yuuki is the strongest in ALO.

Nov 8, 2014 1:43 PM
Apr 2014
robis798 said:
Reyxe said:

Youre totally wrong.

Caliber is side Story.

How am I totally wrong? Nothing in SAO II was filler, everything was canon, even the Caliber arc. What I say is that it feels like filler compared to Phantom Bullet.

And well regarding the upcoming arc, well it's a taste thing. I liked Phantom Bullet for reasons why many people liked it and I dislike ALO, so I don't think it will be as great for me.

ALO is a game, not Fairy Dance arc.

It's not even filler, its part of the main story, Caliber is all about Cardinal since

And Mother's Rosario is... well, im not going to answer, keep watching.

Nov 8, 2014 1:47 PM

May 2014
Yay! I finally get to see and hear Andrew Gilbert Mills again since the first season!

This leaves us with 6 more episodes for the Mother's Rosario arc. Will that be enough? I don't know. I've not read that far in the LN yet.
ArunumeriqueNov 8, 2014 1:51 PM
Nov 8, 2014 1:51 PM

Mar 2014
Aww no new OP but its fine since i really like the OP song anyway. At least we get a fabulous new ED by LiSA. I am hyped for the new arc.
Zanos1Nov 8, 2014 2:00 PM
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Nov 8, 2014 1:52 PM

Jul 2014
"Looking at him sleeping makes me feel sleepy" says the homework harem

I wonder if it has nothing to do with the fact that they're all head-over-heels for Kirito
Nov 8, 2014 1:54 PM

Dec 2009
Wow LiSA with the amazing ED song.

And now for the saddest of the Sword Art Arcs. Mother Rosario. Got me tearing up already
Nov 8, 2014 1:59 PM

Oct 2013
Don't underestimate short arcs and side stories.

In Season 1, episodes 2-8 and 11-12 were all side stories or short arcs. Only Episode 1, 9, 10, 13 and 14 were from the "Aincrad arc".
Nov 8, 2014 2:01 PM

Dec 2013
Reyxe said:
robis798 said:

ALO is a game, not Fairy Dance arc.

It's not even filler, its part of the main story, Caliber is all about Cardinal since

And Mother's Rosario is... well, im not going to answer, keep watching.

Google what canon means, because it seems you don't get me.
Nov 8, 2014 2:05 PM

Nov 2013
When did this anime get so bad... This was probably the worst episode I've seen from the whole show. I can't stand this cringe any longer...
Nov 8, 2014 2:06 PM

Jul 2007
Rinth said:
Don't underestimate short arcs and side stories.

In Season 1, episodes 2-8 and 11-12 were all side stories or short arcs. Only Episode 1, 9, 10, 13 and 14 were from the "Aincrad arc".

To add to this - most of those side stories or short arcs would be called as "filler" by people, yet stuff like Murder Investigation one was one of the MAJOR set ups for Gun Gale story arc.So yes, just like those episodes, Caliber still matters.
Nov 8, 2014 2:11 PM

Nov 2013
Reyxe said:

This is a 1/10 not because of lack of action but because of cringe dialogue and extremely cheesy characters like Asuna. Nowhere were there such horrible episodes in GGO during non-action scenes, nor from season 1 Asuna. I don't want to drop this after watching this series for so long, but it was a literal pain sitting through this episode.
Nov 8, 2014 2:14 PM

Oct 2012
I'm sorry, but...SAO is just getting wayyy too boring

but yeah, that ED, "that" girl. Hopefully next arc will be better
Nov 8, 2014 2:15 PM
Aug 2014
It is a side story, but it's a side story to build the characters (mostly asuna) and you'll see why you won't be calling it a filler once this arc ends. I swear to you, you'll be really really sad it ended. Mother's Rosario is most emotional volume out of all 14 volumes of SAO LN. And they started it off pretty well too (although it'll feel rushed to those that haven't read the LN).
Nov 8, 2014 2:20 PM

Jun 2013
Nov 8, 2014 2:22 PM

Jun 2014
These past 3 eps have been boring af..
Nov 8, 2014 2:22 PM

Jul 2007
Man, this thread is full of bait :/
Nov 8, 2014 2:23 PM

Sep 2014
y123y said:
HandsomeMan said:

This is a 1/10 not because of lack of action but because of cringe dialogue and extremely cheesy characters like Asuna. Nowhere were there such horrible episodes in GGO during non-action scenes, nor from season 1 Asuna. I don't want to drop this after watching this series for so long, but it was a literal pain sitting through this episode.

Yeah, dont drop it now. Im like you, ive already watched 3/4 of it, so only 1/4 to go.

My main issue is that ever since GGO, the thing that makes SAO different than any video games anime, the whole how does this relate to real life, is gone. Now its just them playing video games and being overdramatic

I would say that if anything this arc relates to life a lot more than others. I don't know the whole story to this arc but from what I know that's how it looks.
Nov 8, 2014 2:26 PM

Jun 2014
CookingPriest said:
Man, this thread is full of bait :/

Pointing out bad points of a show = bait?
Nov 8, 2014 2:28 PM
Mar 2012
Caliber does play a role in the development of Mother's Rosario. If they failed the quest, ALO would be taken over by those from the Norse mythology, thus no Mother's Rosario. Also, Excaliber
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 27, 2014

611 by Bruh69XD »»
May 10, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

546 by amf85 »»
Apr 30, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

432 by amf85 »»
Apr 29, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

286 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 6, 2014

418 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 3:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.