Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 8, 2014 3:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, and Tigre interfered in this fight. I see that Ellen isn't pleased. No surprise there.

Overall, an amusing episode. That silly dragon made me smile though after making Tigre fall into the river. Oh and I don't think Ellen likes what he said with Sofya on top of Tigre D:

Looks like Ellen had quite the trouble fighting this episode though.
Nov 8, 2014 5:14 AM

Mar 2013
Man that was rushed they missed out yet another battle......

Nov 8, 2014 5:57 AM

Feb 2009
>Black Knight
>armor is purple
Roland's hair is clearly black. His armor is not. Talk about messing it up.
At least they skipped that creepy Greast. Though they messed up that assassin's attack and left out a lot of things. Ah well, it was expected. They'll finish up volume 3 at this point. Time for
next episode.
Nov 8, 2014 6:32 AM

Sep 2012
Not a bad episode but it was clearly rushed ;_;
Oh god who are you people?
Nov 8, 2014 6:44 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
That was so rushed! >_< The dispute between the cloud was answered after the commercial break without Tigre's explanation...

Ludmila now announces that she is neutral on the current Brune upheavel. But Tigre is now labeled as a traitor. ._.

Hoho! Sofy-sama and that voluptuous body! <3 She's the third Vanadis whom Tigre has seen naked. xD

Roland looks so cool wielding that Durandal. He instantly reminded me of Guts from Berserk. :o Also, Roland's armor should have been completely black. >_>

Tigre's amazing archery skills manages to impress again. He shoots it upward but it lands exactly on the neck of Roland's horse piercing its neck. But Tigre is badly wounded. Sofy-sama arrives to help Tigre and Elen escape. I really love how well they designed Sofy in the anime. <3
Nov 8, 2014 7:02 AM

May 2013
Sofya on top of Tigre was a sight for sore eyes. That blue-ish little dragon seemed upset seeing that. Haha!
Figured he got hit by that giant sword. Still, his skill with a bow is unmatched. Although his defenses are weak.
Nov 8, 2014 7:14 AM

Jul 2014
It's not a bad episode and not actually a good one, so It's decent. We can totally see the episode is too rushed ;_;
Still going to wait for next one

Nov 8, 2014 7:22 AM

Jun 2014
The little dragon put up quite the scene....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 8, 2014 7:32 AM
Nov 2014
Boobs everywhere.

I think this series is actually done very well given its obvious budget limitations. Most of the legitimate complaints center around the pace, which is unavoidable since they have to cram 5 book volumes into 13 episodes. They had to delete a lot of character and their interactions, as well as world building. Also there was some questionable horse animation, which again was due to money issues.

But when money was less of an issue, the anime did things great. The opening sequence and ending were awesome, as wells as the various BGM and sound effects. You can make great music that fits the atmosphere on a limited budget, but you can't make flawless animation on the cheap.

They even got around showing expensive battle sequences with chess pieces - a novel idea that clearly explains the strategies and what's going on, which made things easy to follow and understand. Frankly if they just showed a bunch of high quality CG horses running into each other, a lot of people would be lost.

Also we learn about the personalities of the war maidens by their reactions when Tigre runs into them naked. I like how each of them handles it in their own unique way, and none of them gives the typical anime girl yelp.

Edit: For those who missed it, war maidens have to "recharge" after using their OP skills (think spell cooldown if you play DOTA or League of Legends), which almost got Ellen killed last episode during the siege. That's why the assassin could sneak up.

Also, LOL at Ellen being jealous and sour faced.
Nov 8, 2014 7:45 AM

Jan 2014
i feel like playing "Jeanne d'Arc" while watching this...With dragons and more boobs ofc...
Nov 8, 2014 7:55 AM

Jul 2010
So much for seeing "Urs" for a second time! It bringing Ludmila to become natural.

It was nice to see a little of the gathering troops thing and a small dispute on rather to side with the knights or Zhcted!

Roland, the black knight that seems to beat Ellen in terms of sword skills and managed to injure Tigre! That was quite the shot.
Nov 8, 2014 8:16 AM

Feb 2014
The start was really fast. In one moment they were fighting, in the next moment they were already at peace...
Nov 8, 2014 8:31 AM
May 2013
Seem like ludmila saying "why are you save me, with your skill you can kill the assassin after he kill me"(something like that), not very sync with her act. She just stood there, the assassin didnt attack her at all. If ludmila try to protect elen by move to elen back and facing toward the assassin then the sentence should fit in. That what i think anyways.
Nov 8, 2014 8:32 AM

Jul 2014
The only thing i hoped this adaption would do well is the Ellen vs Ludmila fight, which it didn't.

Roland is finally here, i thought i won't see him till the next episode. anyway

Ok episode.
Nov 8, 2014 8:40 AM

Jul 2014
Yet another battle that lasts for as long as this comment. Quite disappointed.
Nov 8, 2014 9:22 AM

Dec 2013
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Nov 8, 2014 9:24 AM

Apr 2013
decent but man that felt rushed
Nov 8, 2014 9:31 AM
Jul 2018
Eleonora vs. Ludmila was great.

Roland was pretty tough. Tigre got injured by him.
Nov 8, 2014 9:50 AM

Jul 2010
Sofya on top of Tigre, man no nipples?
yeo
Nov 8, 2014 10:18 AM

Mar 2013
shitty episode again,
some fighting action for a moment (which was ok),
and then Fan serice everywhere for at least 70% of the episode
mostly build from bouncing boobs all around on any size -
Ludmila,Titta - Ellen - Lim - Sofya......
(ranking by breast size from smallest to biggest more to come :P )

this new war maiden Sofya is a walking Fan serivce remind me
of Shizuka from Highschool of the Dead, They couldnt make her
look anymore stupid.

dont get why near the end of the episode when she fight
with this "God of war" guy she fight like this without using any of her
wind skills like she done while fight Ludmila.
NisxNov 8, 2014 10:24 AM
Nov 8, 2014 10:51 AM

Feb 2012
It's feeling a bit rushed, they didn't specify the fact that Ludmila recognized urs through the fletching of the arrow and just turned it into an assumption.
Nov 8, 2014 11:09 AM

May 2013
I like, how everytime I forget it even for a second, the show immediately reminds me that it is indeed a shitty LN adaption, with all the trappings which always come with shitty LN adaptions.

Nov 8, 2014 11:53 AM

Dec 2011
And we get to see our third war maiden. The whole politics is getting a bit confusing, but I guess it is true that Tigre is becoming a third force to compete to the existing two dukes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 8, 2014 12:20 PM

Feb 2013
This art is fantastic, and that sound:o
Jesus can walk on water. Cucumbers are 96% water. I can walk on cucumbers. I'm 96% Jesus.
Nov 8, 2014 12:44 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I've never read the source material, but it's clear they are rushing through things like there's no tomorrow. It's a shame really. This series has so many good elements that I would otherwise appreciate more.

The new antagonist looks honorable enough
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 8, 2014 1:00 PM

Dec 2013
Meh, boring ep.
Why does every ecchi show has to have a cow with Z-cup boobs ? ..
Nov 8, 2014 1:42 PM

Nov 2013
This episode just reminds you/makes you wish there were more than the 13 episodes it was getting. As everyone here has stated, was waaaaaaaayyyy too rushed. I need to re-read the manga to figure out what it all cut out. I remember Tigre saying something to Elen about not being able to ues her LA twice in a row and I'm pretty sure that Sarrash guy did more than just leap in and then get shot. Lol at the end of Elen & Mila's fight when the narrator's talking -
M- Oh are you jealous?
E - Shut your mouth pee-wee
M - What'd you call me?!? (subbed)

& the face Tigre & Elen make when Sofya's fallen, naked, on top of him was fantastic. Lunie might as well be the Accidental Naked Fairy Dragon for Tigre.

Elen doesn't use Ley Admos on people, even when almost getting beat huh? & Sofy is the peaceful one of the war maidens, so surprised to see her attack there at the end.
Nov 8, 2014 1:53 PM

Apr 2014
Just a quick reason why Ellen does not use Ley Admos very often or during battles. It's an attack that is short ranged and requires her power to charge up. As a result, she can't move and the wind shield is actually also all put towards charging Ley Admos. Basically she becomes a sitting duck.
Nov 8, 2014 2:04 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode, they jumped from a fight to another, but they could had prolonged a little more.
Nov 8, 2014 2:12 PM

Oct 2013
Man... I really want to love this anime but I can't stand some of the mistakes it continuously makes. Not only is it rushed, and choppy but the battle scenes (outside of 1 and 1 combat) just look awful and feel out of place.

I guess I should just read the LN instead
Nov 8, 2014 2:32 PM

Jun 2014
The show is nice to chill to so far but it's going to be one of those I forget.
Nov 8, 2014 3:10 PM

Dec 2011
So Ellen vs Ludmila eh...

A fight between two war maidens sure is epic.

Tigre... BOOM HEADSHOTZ!

Awww, Ludmila realized that Tigre is the hunter Urs.

So... the war between them just ended eh... and Ludmila declared her neutrality in the matter...

That black knight Roland sure seemed strong :o

ALL HAIL THE SILVER METEOR STORM!!! XD

I think Tigre is trying to see every war maiden naked XD.

LOL... treason...

That awesome shot came at a price, now Tigre's badly injured.

Awww, Sofy to the rescue T.T
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Nov 8, 2014 3:16 PM
Nov 2014
shawnofthedeadz said:
Man... I really want to love this anime but I can't stand some of the mistakes it continuously makes. Not only is it rushed, and choppy but the battle scenes (outside of 1 and 1 combat) just look awful and feel out of place.

I guess I should just read the LN instead

So it all comes down to money issues. Hopefully there is a season 2 with more funding so they can make a 24 episode season.
Nov 8, 2014 4:57 PM

Jan 2014
Five Volumes in 13 episodes is pretty fair unlike Mahou Sensou which was 11 vol. into 12 episodes.

and yes, I have read vol 1-9 of the LN.
Nov 8, 2014 6:44 PM

Aug 2013
I felt that the episode was pretty fast, and the protagonist was with fortunate to always, a naked Senki appears running and falls on it, and then she still becomes an ally
But now a difficult opponent appeared, want to see how will be the next battles

And the boobs jump even more during the fight, poor Elen, so it could not keep his balance on the horse ..
Nov 8, 2014 7:43 PM

Jul 2013
Nisx said:
shitty episode again,
some fighting action for a moment (which was ok),
and then Fan serice everywhere for at least 70% of the episode
mostly build from bouncing boobs all around on any size -
Ludmila,Titta - Ellen - Lim - Sofya......
(ranking by breast size from smallest to biggest more to come :P )

Get your shit out of your head, man. This show is clearly tagged as ecchi, what do you expect? girls wearing burqa?

There's nothing more stupid and more annoying than people complaining about fan service in an ecchi anime.
Nov 8, 2014 8:05 PM

Nov 2012
That boob jiggle when Ellen dodges the attack from the Black Knight...
Nov 8, 2014 8:36 PM

Aug 2013
Kyouraku-san said:
Meh, boring ep.
Why does every ecchi show has to have a cow with Z-cup boobs ? ..

Umm.. I don't know what to say to that complaint when your avatar is from High School DxD

That aside, I love this anime but jeez the pacing..
Nov 8, 2014 8:47 PM

Aug 2012
I am really not satisfied with they way they treat the assassin part, this greatly reduce the cuteness part of Milla. They didn't handle how she recognized Tigre=Urz too well either.

Besides that, it's a fine episode.
Nov 8, 2014 9:31 PM

Mar 2012
Despite that this is one of those series with a harem element and a decent amount of fan service, it's still one of the better ones out there (one where I thought the LN was at least worth reading) so I think it's a shame that it's getting absolutely destroyed by the anime. Not that this was the kind of series that would deserve multiple seasons, but by cutting it short like this the company adopting this is certainly making sure that it's underwhelming enough for only one. For the time being I can only hope that the scenes skipped over are being reshuffled for the future rather than cut out altogether.

Generally, it goes without saying that the LN tends to feature more content than the anime, but I can't think of any series with this much disparity between LN and anime. I actually feel like I'm following two different series as I read the LN and compare against the anime...
Nov 8, 2014 10:37 PM

Jun 2014
ive never seen the source material and even i could feel how rushed this was. Not much i really feel like saying about this episode.
More obnoxious tits.
More awesome bow skills from Tigre.
More mounted combat and map explanations.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Nov 8, 2014 10:39 PM

Mar 2013
It's not the content been cut thats the problem is the god awful pacing and to a lesser degree the directing.

The content is actually fairly solid, it's the pacing it rushes from one scene to the next with very little narrative or build up and frankly I wouldn't blame people who haven't read the novels for not having a clue what the hell is going on.

I'am still enjoying the series mainly because the main voice actors have done a fantastic job in bringing the characters personalities to life, but as it stands the best I can give the series currently is a 7 which is sad because if this series had been given a decent director and the budget it deserves it would easily be a 9.
NewhopesNov 8, 2014 10:49 PM

Nov 8, 2014 11:25 PM

Mar 2012
Newhopes said:
It's not the content been cut thats the problem is the god awful pacing and to a lesser degree the directing.

The content is actually fairly solid, it's the pacing it rushes from one scene to the next with very little narrative or build up and frankly I wouldn't blame people who haven't read the novels for not having a clue what the hell is going on.

That more or less sums up how I feel; I feel pretty lost, even with those chess piece explanations (though without those, I would be even more lost). I do like the characters and the general premise is pretty neat. I just don't really completely follow what's going on half of the time.
Nov 9, 2014 12:58 AM

Feb 2011
Jesus they are rushing at lightspeed any faster and I think I wouldn't understand the plot.
Nov 9, 2014 1:42 AM

Jul 2008
Haha, Tigre is one lucky guy with all his lady luck :D Wow, first tie Tigre injured badly and I wonder can a mere human like Roland actually defeat a war maiden when they are not holding back.
Nov 9, 2014 3:53 AM

May 2010
I like how decent Vorn is. This is how a harem protagonist should be.

Ah man I love this anime, it reminds me of all those real-time strategy gsames.

Yup, that's how I would have relaxeed if I was in Tigre's place.

The girl with weird hair is here, quite shameless.

Ah man, Vorn and his beyond-human bow skills.

Srsly I don't like how horriblesubs translate some parts without any effort. Saying "They're all yours" sounds so weird when it should have been "Sorry, I am leaving it to you." But then again, can't complain much when we are getting these for free.
Nov 9, 2014 4:56 AM
Feb 2014
dem boob physics
Nov 9, 2014 5:09 AM

Aug 2013
As someone who read the books I'm quite annoyed by the rush job they did
So much detail and info us missing making it hard for some people to follow. As stated by others they're skipping them in favour of the fan service/harem element.

But I digress.

The episode was ok on action and is hoping they do Roland justice for his role in this arc. But my guess will be the money will be blown on cg later on during the final battle, those that read the book might know what I'm.referring to.

I'll keep watching becuase the voice cast is doing jiatolice to the xharactas at least.
Nov 9, 2014 6:48 AM

Oct 2013
It's so easy to tell that this is so rushed,as many others already stated,without being familiar with the LN. It's a damn shame too because even as it is,it has a certain charm to it,a certain mood & atmosphere,with some interesting war politics & strategies,which means that if it wasn't so rushed,Madan no Ou to Vanadis could've been a really good or even great anime.

The events in this episode could've easily been stretched out in 2 or hell,maybe even 3 eps. I mean,we just got done with Ellen's attack on Ludmila's stronghold and there's barely little downtime before we move on to the next battle against Roland's knightly order. A little aftermath,downtime & build-up towards the next battles would add so much to this show.

It's one of those anime that you can appreciate & enjoy it for what it is but cringe and get a little frustrated when you know what it COULD'VE been. The rushed adaptation trend is something I don't really want to get used to,especially not when every now & then you see some that get it right even if they don't have an Unlimited Budged.
Nov 9, 2014 6:52 AM
Nov 2014
XPwnDEnd said:
Newhopes said:

That more or less sums up how I feel; I feel pretty lost, even with those chess piece explanations (though without those, I would be even more lost). I do like the characters and the general premise is pretty neat. I just don't really completely follow what's going on half of the time.

It's pretty simple. Duke Thenardier (father of the rapist douche a few episodes back) wants to destroy Tigre and his land, so he requests that Mila keep Ellen busy. Mila obliges because her family has long ties with the Thenardiers even though she hates him personally, and ends up declaring neutrality instead after Tigre saves her from an assassin.

Thenardier also uses the king's name to order Roland (the Black Knight) to go after Tigre. His official reason is that Tigre is a traitor because he invited in Ellen's foreign army. It's like Vermont using a Canadian army to defeat a New York invasion. Obviously otherwise Vermont would be flattened.

Also, busty blonde Sofy brings the news that due to Tigre's treachery, he is officially stripped of his noble title and his land confiscated. Tigre is defiant and sets off to find allies and build himself up as the third force in the civil war.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

181 by Talamare »»
Mar 28, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

141 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Oct 7, 2023 2:01 PM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

277 by Apratim »»
Jul 11, 2023 12:49 AM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

81 by Overcast93 »»
Dec 29, 2022 7:52 AM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2014

75 by 2life »»
Sep 10, 2022 3:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.