Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 4, 2014 5:29 PM
Apr 2014
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Turns out she ends up with...

That kiss though.
Sweet ending, can't really complain about it.
Thanks to wtfitsmegaman for the link to the ending!
Nov 5, 2014 3:07 AM

Nov 2013

Good ending, it was cute,
Nov 6, 2014 4:44 AM
May 2009
MAMURA WINS

SUZUME LOVE MAMURA . Happy Enjoy Celebrate

You can see It and YUYUKA Watching SUZUME A MAMURA Extra Chapter must be YUYUKA And TOGYUU
latest manga raws/spoilers/covers/colour pictures updates at https://www.facebook.com/Manga.Utopia
Nov 7, 2014 1:06 AM
Oct 2013
yea I found one a few hours after posting. now I need it translated so I can understand 'WHY?". I mean for the last few issues the clues were so its sensei so this ending so not believable. [Not that I cared one way or another I just like well established thought process]
“How strange and foolish is man. He loses his health in gaining wealth. Then, to regain his health he wastes his wealth. He ruins his present while worrying about his future, but weeps in the future by recalling his past. He lives as though death shall never come to him, but dies in a way as if he were never born”
― Imam Ali as
Nov 7, 2014 4:00 PM

Oct 2011
MY HEEART! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!
MAZUME IS REAL! FINALLY MY SHIP BECAME TRUE!

Seriously, I wasn't expecting this. I was sure that she would end with Sensei. Seeing the protagonist choosing the second guy is so refreshing! I'm almost crying here, still can't believe it
The only thing that made me sad was that people spoiled it in chapter 77 discussion. That made me really sad, but at the same time I started to look everywhere to see if it was true. I found a translation in spanish, and read it.
Now I'm waiting for the extra chapter. Seriously I'm so happy that can't even write more. I need to stabilize my mind first.
MAZUME IS REEAL QvQ
DeskachanNov 7, 2014 5:20 PM
Nov 7, 2014 6:12 PM

Mar 2012
shishio ;_;

idk i have a few problems with this chapter. i really don't like the way mamura's mom is shown, like a ~ devil ~ it makes me feel kinda confortable. also the last 4 chapters were too rushed (and i missed the side characters so much) so it wasnt as enjoyable as i wanted it to be.

that being said, im really okay with the ending. mazume wasnt my otp but it's a cute pairing (and it isn't a random forced couple thanks god) so im happy for them. im also glad that sensei's relationship with yukicchi is okay again but seeing his ~smile~ after being rejected is so heartbreaking ;_; no bae

but overall i'm gonna miss this manga so much, thank you sensei <3
Nov 9, 2014 4:13 PM

Feb 2011
I FAKING HATE THIS
IM
IM
IM
;_;
Y U DO THIS
SOME MOTHS AGO WHEN I WAS READING THE SHISHIOX SUZUME PARTS I WAS SO HAPPY
AND I RLY LOVED ZE MANGA AND THIS BROKE MY HEART
although i was expecting ittttt
but stttttttiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllllll
Nov 11, 2014 2:56 PM

Apr 2010
Thread cleaned

Links to copyrighted material removed.
Spam posts removed.
Please don't post links to manga readers or other copyrighted material.
Nov 18, 2014 12:12 PM

Jan 2011
So... is this the last chapter. If is then why 90?

@topic I FINALLY HAVE SENSEI FOR MYSELFFFFFFFFFF LOL
but really, I'm happy for those two <3

hope this thing gets an anime~~~

Nov 20, 2014 10:37 PM
Dec 2013
I want moreeee... why did they end such a beautiful manga so soonnn?
honestly the ending really surprised me cuz i didn't expect this at all.. i always thought that she will end up with sensei. BUT i'm totally satisfied with the ending! ,,>__<,,
Nov 29, 2014 8:50 PM

Sep 2013
I am so happy with this ending. I was so frustrated when she initially left him to run to Sensei and was about to drop the Manga. LOL rage quit. But Mamura was the best guy for her and is probably one of the best shoujo manga male leads. I am so satisfied with this conclusion. We all thought she'd end up with Sensei because of the title, nice twist <3 Our hopes were rewarded. Fave shoujo manga. Hope they make an anime adaptation

9/10
Dec 1, 2014 10:14 AM

Jul 2010
I am so glad that the mangaka got it "right". Not doing the creepy teacher/student relationship ending and having the "nice guy" win instead of the jerk! When Mamura sent her off to Tokyo to see sensei in the hospital, that was totally a "If you love something, set it free" moment. I am so glad that it returned to him! (The kiss scene was awesome!)
Dec 1, 2014 2:41 PM

Nov 2011
Aww a happy ending. Good to know although I found it a bit predictable. But nonetheless, I'm happy with the way it ended. 7/10.
Dec 1, 2014 3:15 PM
Jun 2013
I'm sad about something: I saw spoilers about the last pages with Mamura everywhere, but I didn't see even a single time the part where she says "But this was really love. No matter what people say, you are my first love". That part was the best, at least for me. She admits she is now in love with Mamura, but Shishio was and will always be an important chapter in her history.
Dec 1, 2014 5:06 PM
Jun 2012
i was not expecting that outcome at all cant believe its over had a really fun time reading this. kinda hope they do extras with the other girls relationships.
Dec 1, 2014 5:51 PM

Sep 2011
Well, this turned out better than I thought it would.
For a while I was quite upset with this manga with her vasiliating, but it had the ending I wanted so I'm glad I stuck with it. I really liked the last chapter a lot.
Dec 1, 2014 5:52 PM

Sep 2013
i liked the fact that mazume was endgame, and I feel sorry for sensei poor guy
also, the ending felt kind of rushed imo.

Dec 2, 2014 12:07 AM

Nov 2009
Awesome ending, so glad she chose Mamura in the end. Nothing like seeing the MC in a rom choose the character you pull for throughout the series.
Dec 2, 2014 1:55 AM
Jul 2014
I wanted it to be Sensei, WAHHHH. Even when he started being flaky and it made me so frustrated, I still rooted for him. I wanted her to choose him and then have the author write several more chapters with how their relationship would develop really focused on love, and not everything that was inhibiting them.

Which would mean Mamura could experience being around other girls; I always thought he just liked Suzume because she was the first girl who wasn't scared off by his hostile attitude. That said, I don't hate Mamura, I do really like him.

I think this is the only love triangle manga I can think of where I had the exact opposite reaction of what I usually do. Most always I end up falling in love with the secondary love interest along the way, and root for him. Then in the end, when the girl ends up with the main character I feel cheated. But in this one I remained a FIRM supporter of Sensei from day one, and then, of course, IT DOESN'T HAPPEN. whomp whomp whomp
morphinupDec 2, 2014 1:58 AM
Dec 2, 2014 2:36 AM
Jul 2014
This was good. Sad to see it end though.
Dec 2, 2014 2:51 AM

Mar 2013
The ending was so forced. I believe she still loves Sensei, i can't feel her love for Mamura at all..
Dec 2, 2014 3:50 AM

Sep 2014
She thought she loved Sensei but realized it was just nostalgia and she had a change of heart. Her first love is Sensei but her true love is Mamura. Great ending.
Dec 2, 2014 4:07 AM
Aug 2014
Sweet~ ^^ Really liked this chapter and I'm kind of glad she chose Mamoru-kun :D
Dec 2, 2014 4:37 AM

May 2010
I told you guys, didn't I? MaZume would be the ED couple, I believed in it. And it finally happened! Best end this could ever have!

I really liked the last page, Suzume becoming Mamura's daytime shooting star when she was looking for one in the beginning. It hints her character development, I really liked her. Gonna miss it.

9/10
Dec 2, 2014 5:33 AM

Apr 2013
I actually can't believe that it ended like this, I expected the total opposite. I've always loved Mamura and liked him more than Shishio but I felt sad bc I liked sensei too and I wish he'd be happy~ Anyway the ending was really cute and it made me really happy and surprised, I loved this manga from the very first chapter and it didn't disappoint me~ >.<

[color=f5b5c6]you and the start of summer and the dreams of the future.[/color] ::
Dec 2, 2014 5:58 AM

Aug 2013
Soo... Mamura hated all the girls just because of a divorce? And then he fell in love with Suzume just because she was persistent? Hmmm, okay.

I guess this is first shoujo manga that I regretted reading. They all don't make sense anymore.
Dec 2, 2014 6:26 AM

Apr 2008
This ending was really rushed and unexpected. I don't mind her choosing Mamura, but a little development might have been better.
Though my personal opinion is that it would have been better if she ended with sensei, but at the same time I know that no editor would ever let that be published (in order not encourage such situations). Eh..
Still for me it was one of the best mangas that I have ever read.
10/10
Dec 2, 2014 6:42 AM

Sep 2013
I want a timeskip.
Glad she ended up with Mamura.
Dec 2, 2014 8:52 AM

Mar 2012
angelica89 said:
Soo... Mamura hated all the girls just because of a divorce? And then he fell in love with Suzume just because she was persistent? Hmmm, okay.

You are oversimplifying it. Mamura did not hate girls, he was fearful of them. The magnitude of the trauma he experienced was so profound that he had built a barrier between himself and girls as a defensive mechanism. If he outright abhorred girls, he would not blush at their touch or force an aloof countenance in order to keep them away.

You may say that it was just a divorce, but at the time he was still a child, and the only woman he was close with shattered his trust in order to be with another guy. Let me reiterate, his beloved mother chose to abandon him and his family for her selfish whims. The unexpected situations he encountered with girls as a young child had gradually shaped his uncertainty about them. Events you experience as a child really affect what kind of person you become later on. Him lacking experience with girls and living in a family of all guys did not really help either.

Mamura fell in love with Suzume because she willingly penetrated the barriers he had constructed even though he kept rejecting her. To him, Suzume is an existence that was capable of pulling him out of the stalemate with his fear of girls. Or as the ending of the chapter illuminates, her existence is like Mamura’s daytime shooting star. As someone with social anxiety, I can assure you that persistence reveals that the person cares about you regardless of your faults and that you can trust the person.
Dec 2, 2014 1:35 PM

Oct 2012
That felt good - finally the second guy gets a chance to end up with the heroine :D
Dec 2, 2014 2:45 PM

Mar 2013
I was really going to quit when I read and found out that Suzume left to go see Sensei. I really thought that Suzume would end back with Sensei, but I was wrong!

It was finally completed today and with only 2 more chapters I had to read, I decided to continue.And I am SUPER HAPPY! I really love Mamura. I don't hate Sensei but I didn't really like him. MAMURA FOREVER!! ♥

Thank you Yamamori sensei for this awesome manga! Although I really hope that there will be a side story for Yuyuka's love story.
Dec 2, 2014 4:13 PM

Jun 2008
good ending!! looks like that most of the ppl wanted mamura xD

| LastFM |
Dec 2, 2014 9:07 PM

Aug 2013
Nice, iI almost hated the chapter but then when it became evident that she didn't love the teacher anymore I was really happy.

side note: I picked the manga up today, literally just spent the last 4 hours reading this and just my luck that I picked it up the same day the last chapter came out
Dec 2, 2014 9:59 PM

Jul 2012
Who's crying? I am.

I mean, in a good way.

BEST SHIP. ♥

Yeah, so this was a really fresh and delightful series with really unique characters and nice symbolism! 8/10

Looking forward to the extra chapters (hopefully more MaZume dates and kisses)

Kogi18 said:
That felt good - finally the second guy gets a chance to end up with the heroine :D

I have more of that (those types of manga) if you need it. It's fantastic when the author can write second loves well~
Dec 3, 2014 1:39 PM

Jun 2008
Finally some original story where the girl doesn't end up with the first guy she meets , loved it , a breath of fresh air and the ending scene was too cute <3
Dec 5, 2014 2:47 AM

Jul 2013
This made me so happy, I actually thought she would end up with Sensei ;u;
The ending caught me by surprise, but I love how Suzume has developed and realized who had always been there by her side~
Mazume love ♥
"I want to protect that smile"
Dec 5, 2014 4:07 AM

Apr 2012
Okay, let's face it. This was the best choice Suzume would have made.
BUT MY SHIP JUST SANK AND IT BROUGHT MY HEART ALONG WITH IT.

but this tho:
KaoreenT said:
The ending was so forced. I believe she still loves Sensei, i can't feel her love for Mamura at all..

I hope she makes a one shot or a one-volume thing for sensei.
The ending was quite fast for a 'closure'. Love u sensei.

I still wish it ended with Sensei. :(((((((
Oh well. Can't please everyone with the ending ughhhhhh
daisy-Dec 5, 2014 4:11 AM

My forum picture is awesome. #sorrynotsorry (tumblr)

Dec 5, 2014 11:19 AM

Jul 2012
There's been a considerable amount of time for her to change her love over to Mamura actually. Like the love for sensei wasn't even beyond admiration and platonicness in the first place >__> To have an even stronger and harder to break love, they would have had to experience something between them.
But I kind of agree that it's hard to see why she likes Mamura. I mean, I like Mamura but does she? xD
Dec 6, 2014 12:26 PM

Feb 2014
Wow. Dat ending though..... I had a feeling she was going to choose Mamura, but I really wanted SuzumexSensei. I mean, she came all the way from Okinawa for sensei's little injury. And all those great chapters about them. Oh well, it was a good ending. Mamura got the one he cared about, Suzume moved on and Sensei will always be her first love.

I just realized, there was never any closure for Yuyuka and Togyuu. I NEED TO KNOW!!!!! ( ≧Д≦)

Excellent manga. 9/10
nanoflowerDec 6, 2014 12:33 PM
Dec 7, 2014 5:26 PM

Mar 2014
B-but I was rooting for Shishio-sensei all the time! Why-y-y-y!?

But at the same time I am glad Yamamori didn't choose the same old ''studentxteacher'' route and went with the boy most people thought were the obvious underdog. Mamura is probably a better choice considering that he probably is more responsible than Shishio. I would most likely have disliked the ending if I hadn't liked Mamura.

Yamamori could've made Suzume and Shishio kiss at least once though
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Dec 8, 2014 2:51 PM

Aug 2010
Ahh finally! One of the very few mangas when the second "nice" guy gets the girl! SO VERY HAPPY! I put off reading the final chapter for so long cause I thought she was going to end up with sensei. BUT OMG THAT BEACH KISS SCENE.

and I agree with everyone else that wants another extra chapter to tie loose ends. (and maybe see more of Suzume and Mamura lol)
Dec 9, 2014 9:02 PM
Mar 2013
I feel like her love for Shishio was deeper and more compassionate as opposed to her love for Mamura (I can't feel their love...it's more....eh...getting along? ._.). Welp I guess the Sensei-student relationship is not really well regarded :/ Still though, that last chapter was way too rushed (I mean what's the point on focusing 50/78 chapters on Shishio if she's just going to jump to Mamura within one or two chapter -_-).
Overall a great manga, Glad I read it :D
Dec 9, 2014 9:17 PM

Jul 2012
Siinon said:
I mean what's the point on focusing 50/78 chapters on Shishio if she's just going to jump to Mamura within one or two chapter -_-)

This story was depicting first loves, second loves, and how timing plays into love. The point was that Shishio was too late to get her after he let her go and she ended up falling in love with Mamura instead, even if she still sees Shishio as her first love. It also means first loves aren't necessarily the person you love forever but just someone special in your heart, that changed you. She's been liking Mamura ever since they started dating (technically, a bit after that time for her feelings to grow into genuine ones).

And if you didn't catch the symbollism at the end, she became the daylight shooting star for Mamura instead of Sensei being hers.
Dec 10, 2014 3:14 PM
Mar 2013
Ehh I dunno man I just don't feel it... yes I know she became his shooting star by talking to him and (somewhat) reaching out to him but one chapter for Mamura's backstory (and the last one on top of that)? I dunno man it feels way too rushed and Yosano did clearly state that she wasn't sure of her feelings towards him and I didn't see anything that would've made her realize them either...
aaanyway there's no point in debating over something that's already over I mean we can't change the manga and well yeah. That's that.
Dec 10, 2014 10:26 PM

Jul 2012
I agree the backstory was rushed and placed at a bad time. :/ In the end, that's how it ended and I'm not disappointed at the slightest. :P
Dec 15, 2014 7:07 AM

Nov 2012
Somehow i feel very dissapointed with the ending .__. I still want her to be with Sensei =/ But..if she end up with Sensei. I feel bad for Mamura -_- DAMN! BOTH OF THEM ARE SO HAWT! IKEMEN *_*
Dec 16, 2014 8:56 AM

Jan 2014
OMG, That was so unexpectedly amazing!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE <3333
Dec 22, 2014 3:34 AM

Jun 2011
I totally disagree with people saying that the ending was rushed. You guys should reread the whole manga again, you will notice a lot of things you've missed earlier.

I came to love Mamura a lot since he decided to let go of Suzume, and I am glad that things worked out well for him. Shishio is good looking, but I just cannot come to really like him, and it's definitely not because he's Mamura's love rival. I don't really dislike him though.

Now, as for the manga, I have a lot of problem with it, mainly in the beginning where people just fall in love so fast, I wondered if I have missed a chapter or two, Suzume just seems to fall for Shishio almost immediately, and I see no reason for Shishio to like Suzume back at all. They are not the only ones.

I liked Yuyuka, despite the problem I had with her because of the author's poor writing (no offense), but the moment she just seemed to get over Mamura and fall for Tagyuu instead was just so.. ehh. Like I said, I really wondered if I missed something, it didn't flow well, and until the very end, I just couldn't care about the Yuyuka x Tagyuu ship at all.

I have a lot more problems with the series, but these are the main ones. I can't say I haven't enjoyed reading 78 chapters of Hirunaka no Ryuusei though. I wish there was 1 or 2 more chapters (/epilogue) for the Mazume fans.

I am also searching for a manga like this one, where the 2nd and the best guy ends up with the girl, if you guys know more, please do drop me a message. I appreciate your effort.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Dec 24, 2014 5:55 AM
Dec 2014
Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy????????
i hate this ending
hate it!
but the whole manga was good
Dec 27, 2014 5:37 PM
Sep 2013
ToG25thBaam said:
Now, as for the manga, I have a lot of problem with it, mainly in the beginning where people just fall in love so fast, I wondered if I have missed a chapter or two, Suzume just seems to fall for Shishio almost immediately, and I see no reason for Shishio to like Suzume back at all. They are not the only ones.

I liked Yuyuka, despite the problem I had with her because of the author's poor writing (no offense), but the moment she just seemed to get over Mamura and fall for Tagyuu instead was just so.. ehh. Like I said, I really wondered if I missed something, it didn't flow well, and until the very end, I just couldn't care about the Yuyuka x Tagyuu ship at all.

I have a lot more problems with the series, but these are the main ones. I can't say I haven't enjoyed reading 78 chapters of Hirunaka no Ryuusei though. I wish there was 1 or 2 more chapters (/epilogue) for the Mazume fans.

I am also searching for a manga like this one, where the 2nd and the best guy ends up with the girl, if you guys know more, please do drop me a message. I appreciate your effort.
j

It's great that I'm not the only one who noticed that there was absolutely no reason for Sensei to fall for Suzume. I actually understand why Mamura loves her, but not sensei. That was poorly executed.

Oh well, still one of my fav.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Grooming?

smurdles - Feb 5

1 by LucielEsford »»
Feb 5, 10:52 AM

Poll: » Hirunaka no Ryuusei Chapter 29 Discussion

ImNotLulexiaa - Oct 14, 2013

13 by is_eee »»
Jul 5, 2023 11:51 PM

» Best shojo manga

Nineshiru - May 22, 2023

2 by anudit_05_singh »»
Jun 2, 2023 5:37 AM

Poll: » Hirunaka no Ryuusei Chapter 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2013

7 by BlazeFireball »»
Jan 5, 2023 12:08 PM

Poll: » Hirunaka no Ryuusei Chapter 41 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

10 by SakuraCheri »»
Oct 27, 2022 5:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.