Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 2, 2014 2:49 PM
Nov 2013
Does anyone know if there is a season 2 to Ao Haru Ride coming out, and, if so, when? Also, do you think I can jump right into the manga after watching the show or should I have a cooling off period because the two are too different?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 2, 2014 7:58 PM

Aug 2013
read this:http://myanimelist.net/manga/7378/Strobe_Edge

then if still want more read the ao haru ride manga
Nov 2, 2014 8:00 PM

Jul 2011
The anime follows the manga exactly. Its still ongoing though so I doubt there will be a second season, or maybe there will be when it finishes.

I think it just reached the climax chapter so it could end soon
Nov 2, 2014 8:06 PM

Jun 2014
MasterDetective said:

I actually like aoharaido more. But strobe edge is a really good read too. They are both done by the same Mangaka.
Nov 2, 2014 10:09 PM
Nov 2013
Does anyone know what chapters the anime is comprised of? Is the manga any further than the anime at this point in time?
Nov 2, 2014 10:56 PM

Jun 2014
Princess9797 said:
Does anyone know what chapters the anime is comprised of? Is the manga any further than the anime at this point in time?

pretty sure but not 100%
i think the anime goes to chapter 14 of the manga. theres 40 something chapters right now
Nov 2, 2014 10:59 PM

Jul 2012
Once in a blue moon do shoujos receive sequels.

Where did it leave off btw
Nov 5, 2014 5:41 AM
May 2012
Illustration said:
MasterDetective said:

I actually like aoharaido more. But strobe edge is a really good read too. They are both done by the same Mangaka.

No wonder the art looks the same.
Nov 5, 2014 7:12 AM

Sep 2014
The anime adaptation follows the manga very well with some minor extra scenes thrown in and extremely minor changes being done to let the show run smoother or to add more to it.

The manga is currently - and hopefully - near the climax. With that being said, there is hope for a second season, as Production I.G can make it happen if a certain stretch of the manga is completed, similar to what they did with Kimi ni Todoke's second season.
Dec 6, 2014 6:17 PM

Jul 2014
I'm hoping for a 2nd season! <3

In the final episode, Touma (the guy with the orange hair who Futaba groped(?) by accident in the library) made his appearance. If you read the manga, he has a big part to play in the story later on. So I'm thinking (and mostly hoping) there will be a second season~!

This could be possible if Ao Haru Ride got good ratings for the anime.

But from the reviews I've read, people are giving Ao Haru Ride really low ratings and keep comparing it to popular shoujo animes like Kimi ni Todoke.... which I don't get. I thoroughly enjoyed watching Kimi ni Todoke but Ao Haru Ride was wonderful in itself.

For shoujo manga there are bound to be elements that end up being similar with each other but Ao Haru Ride was fairly unique in how it was delivered. Not to mention the characters are so lovable and relatable. Futaba is one of the very few female protagonists that I actually genuinely and wholly liked. How her character was created is so real unlike most manga/anime (not just shoujo) when characters come off as too unrealistic and exasperating.
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Feb 6, 2015 3:46 PM
Feb 2015
The manga is almost done..Finishes on Febuary 13th so that might lead to a season 2 in about a few months or a year..Depends on how the episodes go..im not sure but the anime season ended around chapter 20 something and in total are 49 chapters..so depending on how much season 2 covers from the manga..If it doesnt cover up most of the manga then a season 3 might be in store but based on the number of chapters in the manga and the number of chapters used to finish season 1, the show would probably end next season IF they cover the whole manga
Feb 16, 2015 12:11 PM

May 2014
I don't wanna be rude or hated, but this manga really isn't worthy of getting a sequel. Yes, it's good, but it's not great. It gets horribly cliche later on in the series. There are better mangas out there that should get adapted and animes that need a season two.

This isn't one of them.
Oscar and Andre deserved better
Feb 20, 2015 1:11 PM
Aug 2014
I heard there was going to be a 2nd season in winter 2015 :/ Not sure though. I hope there is!
~May The Force Be With You~
Feb 20, 2015 1:12 PM

Dec 2012
I doubt it, since the manga ended.

miradarkangel said:
I heard there was going to be a 2nd season in winter 2015 :/ Not sure though. I hope there is!

There isn't.
[right]
"The big secret to breaking the rules is to make it look as though you're following them."
Feb 22, 2015 1:40 AM

Oct 2014
miradarkangel said:
I heard there was going to be a 2nd season in winter 2015 :/

No It's not. Probably, Production I.G focuses on KNB season 3 and Junketsu no Maria for a While. But I hope that there's season 2 of this Anime >.<
Feb 22, 2015 1:47 AM

Oct 2014
AnimeZ0id said:
I don't wanna be rude or hated, but this manga really isn't worthy of getting a sequel. Yes, it's good, but it's not great. It gets horribly cliche later on in the series. There are better mangas out there that should get adapted and animes that need a season two.

This isn't one of them.

Uhmmmm.... This is Isnt about the Manga, It's about AHR's Anime Sequel
Feb 22, 2015 2:39 PM

May 2014
Uhmmmm.... This is Isnt about the Manga, It's about AHR's Anime Sequel

And I'm saying that where the manga headed after the OVA isn't good enough to get a sequel. The series isn't stellar.
Oscar and Andre deserved better
Apr 14, 2015 2:38 PM
Jan 2015
CAN SOMEONE SPOIL ME?, THEY WILL FINISH TOGETHER? :c
Apr 21, 2015 8:59 AM

Feb 2015
Something that really annoys me about anime similar to this is when they introduce a new character in the anime towards the end (e.g. the orange haired guy) and you can obviously tell that they have some significance in the manga but then they just finish the season and there may not (and probably won't be) a second season!

I guess they're just trying to get the audience curious enough to read the manga afterwards to find out more, but I LOVED the colours, the art and the voice actors in this show that i just really want a second season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2015 11:05 PM
May 2015
Could you give me an LINK of this manga? ..
i want it so bad :3
May 6, 2015 11:09 PM
May 2015
tankker5 said:
Princess9797 said:

pretty sure but not 100%
i think the anime goes to chapter 14 of the manga. theres 40 something chapters right now

could you give me a link of this manga :3
Jun 3, 2015 10:22 AM

Apr 2015
I agree, Touma makes his first appearance and have a big developed in the OVA ... on the mangá he is very important... so I hope that they make the season 2 soon.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 4, 2015 10:14 PM
Feb 2015
Just finished episode 13. The possibility of a season 2 is very likely since the anime is still new and the original manga recently ended. Hoping to see an announcement for it either in the Autumn or Winter anime list
If you expect me to function like a normal human, you have another thing coming
Jun 5, 2015 10:51 PM

Nov 2014
Heh, I really like AHR and really looking forward to another season of it if they are going to make it.
Jun 12, 2015 6:44 AM
May 2015
The manga ended in Febuary but it really matter if the novel continues. The novel is continuing so maybe there will be another season but most will still hate it. Idk why i really like the series but for that reason they probably wont make season 2.
Jun 26, 2015 6:09 PM
Jun 2015
I HONESTLY LOVE AO HARU RIDE! WHENEVER I REWATCH THE ANIME OR READ THE MANGA I ALWAYS FEEL HAPPY INSIDE <3 if you also like ahr id reccomend reading the manga
-hopefully there's a season 2!(:
Jul 12, 2015 8:08 AM

Mar 2014
Loved the first season, so would definitely like to see a second season made. Looks more likely that there would be another season as the manga is finished. If another season doesn't get made then I'll probably end up reading the manga.
Jul 27, 2015 9:54 AM

Jun 2015
hope so, i finished the manga and i was pretty good.

:3
Jul 27, 2015 9:59 AM
Jul 2015
AnimeZ0id said:

This isn't one of them.
oh yeah so animes like nisekoi deserves more seasons? Nisekoi first season was great while the second one was shit. The first one was great coz it focused less on fanservice while the second was the oppositte. The manga is full of fanservice. The first season deceives people. True slice of life anime and manga is like ao haru ride not nisekoi. Cliche or not its still great. Just coz its cliche it doesnt deserve a second season? Ao haru ride deserves to be finished in anime too and not the manga only.
Jul 28, 2015 12:22 PM
Jul 2015
NasHb0rd said:
Could you give me an LINK of this manga? ..
i want it so bad :3
Just search it in mangachapter.me
Aug 11, 2015 11:27 AM
Jul 2014
I agree. And since the manga has already ended, I hope that there will be a season 2 for AHR :)
Aug 13, 2015 1:43 AM
Jul 2015
Arko_Ouma said:
AnimeZ0id said:

This isn't one of them.
oh yeah so animes like nisekoi deserves more seasons? Nisekoi first season was great while the second one was shit. The first one was great coz it focused less on fanservice while the second was the oppositte. The manga is full of fanservice. The first season deceives people. True slice of life anime and manga is like ao haru ride not nisekoi. Cliche or not its still great. Just coz its cliche it doesnt deserve a second season? Ao haru ride deserves to be finished in anime too and not the manga only.

Thank you sir for speaking the truth, Ao Haru Ride is amazing and deserves it's glory, looking forward to a successful season 2.
Aug 22, 2015 6:11 AM
Aug 2015
ive finished the anime yesterday and i loved it! i thought it was great however the teasing was slightly annoying and the mannor in which the anime ended seemed like it was left open for a season two but am still not sure. have there been any announcements? what do u guys think? will season 2 or even a movie ever come to exist, will futaba ever be able to tell kou her true feelings? i am aware of the manga however i do not want to read it as if there is a anime in the future id rather not know whats coming next! any replies are appreciated. thanks! ^.^
Aug 22, 2015 6:13 AM

Jul 2013
The manga is over so go read that. You can start on Chapter 16.
Jul 2018
please no more
Aug 2015
i know but the anime brings it to life if u get me, so i dont wanna read that and then find out a anime is to be released
Aug 22, 2015 6:15 AM

Jan 2015
If you ask me, Gainax x JC Staff should adapt that shit. Maybe it will turn out better
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Aug 22, 2015 6:16 AM
Aug 2015
i dont get why everyone hates on it so much^^ i know it isnt perfect but at least it didnt have to get fans by being filled with fan service and etchiness! XD i know apparently the manga takes a turn for the worst but i hate watching an anime then it ends without things being cleared up and then your left with the regret of watching it cause u still wanna see so many things! ^^
Aug 22, 2015 6:17 AM

Jul 2013
Ryan_Hammond said:
i know but the anime brings it to life if u get me, so i dont wanna read that and then find out a anime is to be released

There's no way they're going to make an anime if the manga is over. There is nothing to promote anymore.
Aug 22, 2015 6:20 AM

Jan 2015
Ryan_Hammond said:
i dont get why everyone hates on it so much^^ i know it isnt perfect but at least it didnt have to get fans by being filled with fan service and etchiness! XD i know apparently the manga takes a turn for the worst but i hate watching an anime then it ends without things being cleared up and then your left with the regret of watching it cause u still wanna see so many things! ^^
Its not on "it has no echii" or "it has no fanservice" but real talk, it was reeeeeeeeaaaaaaallllyyyy annoying with illogical characters that I wanna punch them virtually. There were scenes that can be avoided if betacuck OPs use their logic
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Aug 22, 2015 6:20 AM
Aug 2015
i suppose thats true -_- i just hate unfinished animes they leave me feeling so disatisfied!
Aug 22, 2015 6:21 AM

Feb 2013
>sales 1,920
>production IG

not so likely, but the manga is rather successful, so who knows.. i wouldnt hold my breath
Aug 22, 2015 6:21 AM

Jun 2013
Ryan_Hammond said:
i suppose thats true -_- i just hate unfinished animes they leave me feeling so disatisfied!

i see that your new to this
Aug 22, 2015 6:22 AM

Jul 2013
Ryan_Hammond said:

You should stop watching anime if you dislike that because that's the case with most of them, very few actually get adapted fully.
Aug 22, 2015 6:24 AM

Apr 2015
I read the manga and I just want to end it IMMEDIATELY. I'm tried of DRAMA and SECOND guy scenarios. F*CK I lost interest, unless the ENDING is sure for the two of them.
#CHEXIT
Aug 22, 2015 6:24 AM
Aug 2015
im not new the anime ive been watching for ages but its the select few that make me fell like this ^^ like when i really get into them, even anohana left me with a little bit of a bitter taste although i really liked the anime and i know it was a good way to end it i still felt like it wasnt complete in a sense XD
Aug 22, 2015 6:25 AM

Feb 2013
Ryan_Hammond said:
im not new the anime ive been watching for ages but its the select few that make me fell like this ^^ like when i really get into them, even anohana left me with a little bit of a bitter taste although i really liked the anime and i know it was a good way to end it i still felt like it wasnt complete in a sense XD
new to manga then p=
Aug 22, 2015 6:26 AM
Aug 2015
yh ive never read manga before tbh cause i usually prefere to not know whats gonna happen as if the anime then releases it its not as entertaining as u know whats gonna happen next sorta thing
Aug 22, 2015 6:28 AM

Mar 2014
Hopefully never
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Aug 22, 2015 6:31 AM

Feb 2013
eh, i never got why people would watch anime of a manga they already read, when there's so many new stuff out there

but with older finished manga, it's a pretty safe bet they won't get adapted

if you really like an anime's story, it might be a good idea to pick up the manga; that's what most of these incomplete adaptation want you to do anyway
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2014

296 by Kotori-chama »»
Apr 13, 8:47 AM

» Season 2?

Roni1703 - Apr 3

27 by v4lerria_a »»
Apr 5, 3:03 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2014

377 by Fenyy »»
Feb 23, 1:25 PM

» What do you think of the anime?

7ohan - Nov 11, 2023

24 by earthborn »»
Nov 15, 2023 7:30 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2014

156 by n0t_4dy »»
Oct 30, 2023 2:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.