Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 5, 2014 4:52 AM

Jan 2013
Andreycs said:
Forever_A said:
By the name of the next episode, we will have 4 chapters being animated

Do you think they will mess with animate Gaiden Bandit Ban?

I'm hoping that they will have one episode just for his gaiden.
Nov 5, 2014 5:30 AM

Apr 2013
petty good episode

that chibi scene at the end
Nov 5, 2014 6:28 AM
Oct 2010
I like the artwork in this show.
Nov 5, 2014 12:01 PM

Jan 2013
I really wonder what's behind the mystery of Meliodas' sword.

Really great episode and incredibile animation and alright in some scenes, loving the overall atmosphere of this series so far. The MC is very good but the MC female is lacking, she's only there for fanservice.
Nov 5, 2014 1:47 PM

Nov 2013
-Klad- said:

Really great episode and incredibile animation and alright in some scenes, loving the overall atmosphere of this series so far. The MC is very good but the MC female is lacking, she's only there for fanservice.

True enough about the female. It really kicks my ass when a useless character says they're gonna try their best lol. You know you're shit when a pig is a better character.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Nov 5, 2014 4:28 PM

Aug 2012
Ah Jericho <3 Animation for fights is still good, but A-1's already starting to get lazy-face syndrome. That Mel 'serious' face was good though. I really liked the OST during Mel and Liz's resolve talk. Next episode should be pretty crazy.
Nov 5, 2014 6:36 PM
Jun 2014
-Klad- said:

I know what you mean, but I find myself being nicer to Elizabeth than a few other ineffectual female leads I have seen in other series. The thing with a lot of female lead characters is that they tend to get set up as some sort of tough as nails fighter whose competence dissolves whenever the audience sees her. Additionally, they tend to also have their own development sacrificed to make the male lead look better in comparison.

The thing with Elizabeth is that she has been set up from the start as a weak and vulnerable noble with next to no real world experience. While irritating at times, her helplessness and insecurity feels very in-character. What I find more irritating is when someone tries to make a female character all tough and awesome but then have her start acting like Elizabeth does to hype up the male lead. At least Elizabeth has room to develop more organically as she gains experience in her travels rather than oscillate wildly between tough girl and helpless damsel over and over again. In conclusion, she is naive, out of her league and VERY innocent but at least she is earnest and willing to do what little she can to help.
Nov 6, 2014 3:11 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Episode not bad, looks pleased, too bad for animations not too fluid.
The fanservice is reduced to the verbal and do not remember almost since the beginning of the section on the clashes, including one with Jericho is not so exaggerated.
The plot goes pretty well, leaving us still in the dark about certain secrets, I like!
The designs are not bad, the OST is well made.
I look forward to the next episode.
Nov 6, 2014 2:56 PM

Jun 2008
Will Elizabeth actually be able to fight or is she going to stay useless throughout the series?
Nov 7, 2014 3:34 AM
Nov 2011
Chibi-Alice said:
Will Elizabeth actually be able to fight or is she going to stay useless throughout the series?
She´ll probably never be a fighter, but she is going to be very useful as a supporting character. There were already some hints to what she´s capable of, if you paid attention ;)
Nov 7, 2014 5:39 AM

Oct 2013
that flashback scene where meliodas hugging dead women in middle of rain. I guess she was killed by meliodas? it's so sad:( the OST won me here. It's kinda remind me of some monogatari piano OST.
blackchannelNov 7, 2014 9:22 AM
"If you trip while running down a hallway, you will got nosebleed. If you trip in life, you cry" Minori Kushieda

"This world is merciless, and it's also beautiful" Mikasa Ackerman

"A lesson without pain is meaningless" Edward Elric
Nov 7, 2014 11:27 AM

Jun 2013
Chibi-Alice said:
Whatever happens, she'll probably blame herself as usual. Don't we all love a princess who thinks everything revolves around her? Gah. Just ditch her or something. She's only there for comical relief and fanservice anyways. Both pretty good selling points...
Nov 7, 2014 12:22 PM

Jul 2010
Ban is so fucking badass, really looking forward to seeing him with Meliodas.
The drama was a bit meh honestly, just hope Elizabeth won't cry for every death in the anime.
Nov 7, 2014 1:09 PM
Nov 2011
AnimeSweden said:
Whatever happens, she'll probably blame herself as usual. Don't we all love a princess who thinks everything revolves around her? Gah. Just ditch her or something. She's only there for comical relief and fanservice anyways. Both pretty good selling points...
Why are you answering someone who wants to know something from the readers of the manga when you clearly haven´t read the manga yourself?
Nov 7, 2014 1:51 PM

Aug 2012
blackchannel said:
that flashback scene where meliodas hugging dead women in middle of rain. I guess she was killed by meliodas? it's so sad:( the OST won me here. It's kinda remind me of some monogatari piano OST.

For some reason they didn't have him say her name there. Some stuff would have clicked.
Nov 7, 2014 3:36 PM

Oct 2013
Watashii said:
blackchannel said:

For some reason they didn't have him say her name there. Some stuff would have clicked.

she looks like wearing the holy knights armor isn't she? it seems someone who meliodas really care for, and he forced to kill her? anyway that's only my opinion though
"If you trip while running down a hallway, you will got nosebleed. If you trip in life, you cry" Minori Kushieda

"This world is merciless, and it's also beautiful" Mikasa Ackerman

"A lesson without pain is meaningless" Edward Elric
Nov 7, 2014 9:15 PM

Aug 2012
blackchannel said:
Watashii said:

she looks like wearing the holy knights armor isn't she? it seems someone who meliodas really care for, and he forced to kill her? anyway that's only my opinion though

You'll find out later what happened, although IIRC it'll be very late into what the anime will adapt. You should have found out her name this episode though, but if you want to know, it's
Nov 8, 2014 7:32 PM

Aug 2013
Awwwn, I wanted more Ban :(
We haven't seen much of him and he's already awesome. His face at the end... Someone is pissed :)

Damn, two Sins fighting. That sure is causing a big mess. But couldn't Meliodas see that something was wrong when the one he was fighting against was using the same power as Diane?

Meliodas made me really curious about that sin from his past. I had also forgotten that he was the sin of wrath. I really wanna see how he is when he get mad.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Nov 12, 2014 3:38 AM

May 2010
I don't like how Elizabeth cried for that doctor at all. Like wat the hell. It wasn't even her fault, the doctor FREAKING poisoned Mel.

... Are you an idiot, Ban? How the hell are you supposed to fit in a girl's armor esp. you can see it clearly that she is damn shorter than you... Unless he was trolling, just being a fox or wanted a girl in his harem. Not that would make the scene any better.

okay.
Nov 20, 2014 6:21 PM

Jul 2013
good episode
Nov 23, 2014 7:56 AM

Feb 2010
I hoped for more Ban this episode so I was kinda disappointed at first, but it was still a decent episode and in the end I got some Ban in the flashback so it's all good. Probably not the best episode but I still ended up enjoying it a lot which just shows how much I'm enjoying this show. My body is ready for a full Ban fight next episode (hopefully)!
I probably regret this post by now.
Dec 28, 2014 3:13 AM

May 2013
Lesson learned, never take Meliodas' sword. Never.
Lol, Hawk can smell leftovers while Meliodas can see exposed panties.

Golgius sucks. Such a coward.
Elizabeth, why you trying to save Dr. Dana? He just freakin' poisoned Meliodas.
Hmm, Meliodas has a backstory with someone dying. Hopefully more will be revealed.

Ruin fucking ruins everything.
At least we get to see Diane vs Meliodas! (^_^)

Meanwhile, Ban stole Jericho's armor, lol. Too bad it doesn't fit.
And Holy Knight Jude blocks the way. He better move.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Dec 29, 2014 5:00 AM

Oct 2009
Ban reminds me of Grimmjow :D

Man this is fun to watch!
Jan 7, 2015 8:15 PM

Jun 2013
Nyl685 said:
AnimeSweden said:
Why are you answering someone who wants to know something from the readers of the manga when you clearly haven´t read the manga yourself?
And you took his question seriously? He was just talking shit about her, which I believe is rightly deserved at this point.
Feb 6, 2015 11:20 AM

Jun 2013
Good episode! ^^
Apr 23, 2015 5:28 AM
May 2012
Heh, so Melodias is smart, too, huh. I like how they are living up to their names. When people said they are strong, they really are strong.
Elizabeth, you are just too kind <3 Is that Lil Gil's mom in Melodias' flashback??
LOL, they both got high ahahaha. Ban stripped Jericho :O Nice, man.
Apr 23, 2015 7:03 AM

Aug 2010
Hmm elizabeth is getting kinda annoying now... I hope she cries less
Apr 24, 2015 3:42 AM

Apr 2015
#meliodasabs
Took an hour to find this signature
May 2, 2015 3:21 PM

May 2012
Very nice, I really like where this is going!
May 30, 2015 6:16 PM

Jan 2015
Again, Elizabeth drama over nothing. You're useless, suck it !

And you'd think that being long-time comrades, Diane and Melioras would recognize their respective techniques. I mean, these stone pillars are pretty much a give away.

Dan seems like a fun character.
Jul 20, 2015 8:25 PM

Dec 2008
My goddess! Ban is just... WOW!!

Sent with Mal Updater
Oct 9, 2015 8:01 AM

Jul 2015
5/5
Nov 8, 2015 2:57 PM
Jun 2013
I like how the knight saw his face and was like "pfft fuck this". I hope we get info soon on that dead soilder who they keep flash backing to. Also nice fan service and fight.
Nov 11, 2015 6:49 AM

Apr 2014
Only started watching cuz it's on netflix hahah, not really in to it so far but that new guy seems interesting.
Nov 27, 2015 10:30 PM

Jul 2013
I swear if someone kicks Hawk again... one more time. I'm gonna be so pissed.

remind me.. why are the holy knights so freaking evil?

I just can't take Elizabeth seriously. No matter how much she cries. Whenever I hear her name I remember Elizabeth from Gintama hahaha!
Dec 1, 2015 2:02 PM

Aug 2015
You can't get more badass than Ban!
He needs more screentime though.
And why the fuck they made such a big deal from this random doctor's death, when elizabet cried i was like who is this dude again.
NameLessMofoDec 1, 2015 2:40 PM
Dec 5, 2015 2:54 AM

Dec 2015
Ban is definitely gonna be a fun character.
Dec 17, 2015 12:35 AM

Dec 2012
Man, I'd love to be in the walls of Jericho. Oh yeah, Elizabeth pantsu.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 29, 2016 3:28 AM

Jun 2009
this anime would be much better without elizabeth and hawk. they're both unbearable. why do battle shounen insist on having completely and utterly annoying characters.
Mar 4, 2016 9:37 AM

Sep 2012
good episode..................
Apr 3, 2016 11:23 AM

Sep 2012
this fight with ban and the weird fangs member in the prison cell is about to be sinister.

I wonder if the manga continues past the series.
May 15, 2016 4:51 AM

Feb 2016
oh i really don't like 'it's all my fault' - characters and elizabeth did this two times in one episode already. soon she'll probably be like 'it's all my fault if i weren't born there would have been less waste of mater'
May 30, 2016 9:26 PM

Jun 2013
Whoa, that's some heavy foreshadowing Meliodas. I hope Elizabeth doesn't die but who knows what will happen at this point.

Ban looks cooler with shorter hair.
臭い-
Jul 9, 2016 10:49 AM

Apr 2013
That must be some strong hypnosis if even Meliodas got caught by it :o
Jul 23, 2016 11:58 AM

Feb 2015
I don't understand how they were able to smell the invisible knight, but they couldn't hear his footsteps or breathing. Wearing all that armour, you'd think he'd make plenty of noise by just moving around.
I liked the battle scene between Meliodas and (illusionary?) Diane.
Oct 31, 2016 5:39 AM

Sep 2015
That typical man gets daughter taken away from him to do a bad deed... Rip Dr.Dana , I hope they get back your daughter safely.
Jan 2, 2017 10:23 PM

Aug 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I hate this episode because of Elizabeth. When Melodias was on his way to the prison after fighting that knight who transforms, she insists on going when she's utterly useless. Like really, bitch? You're just going to be a liability and Melodias will only be distracted trying to protect you. Her only purpose in this show is to be a sex object. An overall useless character.
Feb 26, 2017 7:41 PM

Dec 2016
I can already tell next episode is about to be very good!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Apr 17, 2017 2:11 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Diane and Elizabeth warming to each other was kinda cute, also Ban is such a funny guy (he reminds me of Greed from FMA).
PlaycoolApr 17, 2017 2:25 AM
Sep 26, 2017 7:28 AM
Jun 2017
Man, I hope Elisabeth doesn't turn into another Sakura( Stop whining already, it just takes up screentime and doesn't accomplish anything!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2014

327 by Klumbdolt »»
Apr 22, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 22, 2015

175 by SilverHawk13 »»
Apr 11, 11:29 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2014

143 by borodino21 »»
Apr 7, 12:07 PM

» Do people actually like this? (Spoilers)

infinite_Shadows - Mar 14

30 by _Krypteia_ »»
Mar 23, 8:25 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2015

328 by dianA6789 »»
Mar 5, 4:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.