Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Nov 2, 2014 4:24 PM

Aug 2014
Epic Episode! I'm glad Kirito got the Excalibur and Klein got the hammer gold king of Asgard :) It's always funny when I see Klein trying to get along with a beautiful young girl...
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Nov 2, 2014 5:56 PM

Jul 2012
Well congrats to Kirito for obtaining Excalibur.

Great episode!!!
Nov 2, 2014 6:09 PM

Oct 2011
Definitely the OP scenes will change for MR next week.

OT:
Freiya becoming Thor and defeating Thrywn OMG.
So that what Joutemheim looks like
Klein asking Skuld her contact info. Awww. But it will never be TwT. But he did get Mjoinoier.
Sinon gaining points for Kirito <3 Giving back Exalibur, sitting next to him at the party and her knowledge of Calibur <3

So happy Yui can be with them in the real world <3

Mechatronics is amazing

Dat end photo.

Next week Forest House : 0

Edit:
What did Asuna and Silica get from Beldandy and Skuld???
AnimeFan500Nov 2, 2014 6:22 PM
Nov 2, 2014 6:15 PM

Apr 2014
I'm just glad this arc is over. Felt like a huge filler.
Nov 2, 2014 7:24 PM

Dec 2012
I'm happy that Kirito got the sword.
Nov 2, 2014 7:58 PM

May 2011
SimmianPrime said:
So maybe I missed or just plain forgot something but isn't a major feature of the game they're playing the fact that everybody has the ability to fly? wtf happened to everyone's wings?

Blizzard hit that zone with the WoD bat and disabled flying till the next major content patch if an overwhelming majority wants it. Kappa
Nov 2, 2014 8:33 PM

Jun 2009
jesus christ kirito is such a drama queen
Nov 2, 2014 8:36 PM

Nov 2013
ALO is fucking terrible
Nov 2, 2014 9:04 PM
Jul 2018
yukishiromei said:
That Kirito x Sinon moment was pretty disgusting. I'm lowering the score for this show everytime a new episode comes out. When the fuck will they stop those 'romance' hints? Geez.

Trust me. It's A-1 pictures fault. they oversexualized almost every part of this series so far. I swear they do this with Alicization and I will be done. The last thing Alicization needs is more fanservice.
Nov 2, 2014 9:06 PM
Jul 2018
gabyta07 said:
What the heck happened to Asuna???
Lately she is just on the sidelines, when Kirito fell in love with her, I felt it was bc she was on par with him, they could fight together, they were partners.
Lately she has been the damsel in distress while Sinon is showing Kirito what she got!
It should have been Asuna to give Kirito the excalibur not Sinon.
Anyway right now I am starting to ship more Sinon and Kirto, thanks to the passive behavior of Asuna.
Kind of frustrating.

The entire thing with Sinon was oversexualized. It's not supposed to be that way. It was supposed to be trolling Asuna, not showing love interest. Also they will explain Asuna's relationship next episode. If you read MR you know.
Nov 2, 2014 10:06 PM

Apr 2012
wow Freyja actually a manly male XD

Boss defeated and Joutemheim is back to normal :)

Kirito got Excaliber and Klein got Thor Hammer. :D

can't wait for Mother Rosario arc

Nov 2, 2014 11:46 PM

Apr 2014
The episode was cool, finally they beat Thrym and got the sword. Have to say it was kinda refreshing seeing such a story who relies on a North Saga.

Klein such a funny guy, you have to like him. I really wish that he will find sooner or later his love, real of course. He searches for it and deserves it so bad. It was cool seeing how that NPC gave him her contact datas.

Anyway, I miss the romance bond between Kirito and Asuna. C'mon, in SAO it was one reason or for me it was THE reason why SAO was so catching and great, they trusted each other and loved each other, had the romantic conversations on her Log House and their love influenced the whole story, in SAO and ALF. I don't wanna say that the love between Asuna and Kirito is gone. We know that they are shy kids and don't show the love openly, but I still miss it. Sinon wanted to charme Kirito, where is the gelaousy of Asuna? Not even one word of her, just an angry look (with all girls of course). Now Alicization will come and I hope there will be like a bit of the "old" Kirito and Asuna. Really really miss their love and I hope or pray that we will see more of it.

I agree what the most of the guys here say about the fanservice. I find the fanservice okay, it is not too sexual imo and it gives the comedy part of the series, but it is kinda weird when Sinon takes the sword for Kirito and askes him with love eyes to think about this gesture, making all other girls gealous. Wanna say that the ecchi moments between Asuna and Kirito were more funny. They fitted also better imo. Oh god, I remember that scene in SAO where Asuna teleported herself and landed just in front of Kirito, he touching her breast. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFPTrYXDvYc). Yeah, that was funny. Here in this episode it was, you know, just fanservice.
rumbleanimeNov 2, 2014 11:49 PM
"If the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
Nov 3, 2014 12:36 AM
Jul 2014
This is very innacurate in many ways. In norse mythology the "jotner" og Jotunheim are not giants. And what these couple of episodes showed was the tale of when Trym the king of Jotunheimen stole Thor's hammer to trade it for marriage with Freya. So Thor disguised himself as Freya and then when he got his hands on the hammer he singlehandedly defeated every "jotne" right after dinner. Besides, nobody but Thor can lift Mjolnir (the hammer). And the thing that bothers me the most is the fact that they are trying to incorporate Excalibur into norse mythology. Excalibur has absolutely nothing to do with norse mythology.

But it is not only bad, it seems that the show will go over to a "Quest of the week" kind of style. This seems like a good choice, seeing as trying to build on the main arc that was Sword Art Online has gone to shitville twice now. I honestly wonder if anyone liked the second arc that was Alfheim Online.
Nov 3, 2014 12:40 AM
Jul 2014
This is very innacurate in many ways. In norse mythology the "jotner" og Jotunheim are not giants. And what these couple of episodes showed was the tale of when Trym the king of Jotunheimen stole Thor's hammer to trade it for marriage with Freya. So Thor disguised himself as Freya and then when he got his hands on the hammer he singlehandedly defeated every "jotne" right after dinner. Besides, nobody but Thor can lift Mjolnir (the hammer). And the thing that bothers me the most is the fact that they are trying to incorporate Excalibur into norse mythology. Excalibur has absolutely nothing to do with norse mythology.

But it is not only bad, it seems that the show will go over to a "Quest of the week" kind of style. This seems like a good choice, seeing as trying to build on the main arc that was Sword Art Online has gone to shitville twice now. I honestly wonder if anyone liked the second arc that was Alfheim Online.
Nov 3, 2014 3:03 AM
Sep 2014
HeadzOrTailz said:

But I believe they had a scapegoat for that since it was mentioned in either 2/3 episodes ago that the AI randomly generates quests based on our myths and legends; combining/changing them to create infinite quests!

I think this aspect was pretty cool as it allows for crossovers of legends such as the one we saw in this Arc.

I wonder what the next Arc will be though, could be anything! I have a feeling its going to go back to hunting the followers of death gun though, unless I wasn't paying attention that episode and they had captured all of them already :S.
Nov 3, 2014 3:49 AM

Dec 2013
Sometimes i think everyone and even Asuna forgets that she is with Kirioto. WTF moments. But great episode.
Nov 3, 2014 5:34 AM

Mar 2011
Great episode. The arc was a bit short though.
Nov 3, 2014 5:58 AM

Sep 2014
reaper194 said:
HeadzOrTailz said:

But I believe they had a scapegoat for that since it was mentioned in either 2/3 episodes ago that the AI randomly generates quests based on our myths and legends; combining/changing them to create infinite quests!

I think this aspect was pretty cool as it allows for crossovers of legends such as the one we saw in this Arc.

I wonder what the next Arc will be though, could be anything! I have a feeling its going to go back to hunting the followers of death gun though, unless I wasn't paying attention that episode and they had captured all of them already :S.

The next arc focuses on Asuna only xD. I believe it was mentioned in the first episode of this small arc she was leaving for a little. I am hyped for the feels that everyone says it will bring.
Nov 3, 2014 6:13 AM

Aug 2014
reaper194 said:
HeadzOrTailz said:

There's one still on the run, but other than that, no, next arc is about Asuna.
Nov 3, 2014 6:17 AM

Jul 2014
HeadzOrTailz said:

Cardinal got rampant :v
Nov 3, 2014 7:22 AM

Jun 2010
Kinda made me wonder why he didn't just throw the sword onto tonki's back instead of into the air?

well at least MR starts next episode.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Nov 3, 2014 7:49 AM

Aug 2014
I loved the GGO part.The first half of the excaliber arc made me hyped but these 2 eps were a huge letdown for me.The only interesting part was Klein and Sinon. Also, I don't understand what's with Kirito and Asuna now, but if it's going to be explained then its okay..
Nov 3, 2014 8:49 AM

Aug 2014
richard360 said:
Kinda made me wonder why he didn't just throw the sword onto tonki's back instead of into the air?

well at least MR starts next episode.

It's actually too heavy for Tonki, IIRC.
Nov 3, 2014 11:35 AM

May 2011
salmon3669 said:
yukishiromei said:
That Kirito x Sinon moment was pretty disgusting. I'm lowering the score for this show everytime a new episode comes out. When the fuck will they stop those 'romance' hints? Geez.

Trust me. It's A-1 pictures fault. they oversexualized almost every part of this series so far. I swear they do this with Alicization and I will be done. The last thing Alicization needs is more fanservice.

Kirito x Eugeo fanservices for them fujoshis
Nov 3, 2014 1:10 PM

Sep 2014
There hasn't been nearly enough Asuna this season imo. But I still love that sinon fits in so well with the group considering all that's happened. this was a pretty short arc but I've got some high hopes for the rest of the season.
Nov 3, 2014 1:26 PM

Mar 2013
Great episode,
nice boss fight, so the princess is actully Thor, KiritoXShino moment
both kirito and Klein get a legendary weapon.
not even a moment of Kirito and Asuna just is sister saying
onii chan, onii chan, onii chan x1000.
Im just glad this over with.
Mother's Rosario next :)
Nov 3, 2014 1:36 PM

Apr 2013
As Kirito wasn't overpowered enough, he now gets the legendary Excaliber.
What's next, will he learn Saber's noble phantasm?
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Nov 3, 2014 3:35 PM

Aug 2014
geralt said:
As Kirito wasn't overpowered enough, he now gets the legendary Excaliber.
What's next, will he learn Saber's noble phantasm?

lol Obviously he's gonna get Ea and Dual Wield them.
Nov 3, 2014 3:56 PM

Feb 2014
Lowering the score.

I watched SAO I mainly because of its romance, and all I see is action/adventure crap on this new season. The GGO arc was indeed a little cool, but now it's just crap. I want to see romance. I want a love triangle on this shit. I want saltless Asuna to get the shit out of the series and Kirito turning out to be a Makoto from School Days!
DoctaLinker
Nov 3, 2014 4:10 PM

Jan 2014
An OK arc but nothing special, just like in the LN's. The only things of real interest for future arcs here was the mentioning of Kirito's new part time job (no, not the GGO stint but it will relate to Alicisation) and the digital camera that will be important to Mothers Rosario.

I'm really looking forward to MR, but I am a bit worried about whether A1 can pull it off, the drama side of things hasn't been their strong point so far and we've got some seriously heavy subject matter coming.
Nov 3, 2014 4:15 PM

Mar 2012
So the trap that wasn't a trap really was a trap... Heh...
Nov 3, 2014 5:17 PM

Sep 2014
Imateria said:
An OK arc but nothing special, just like in the LN's. The only things of real interest for future arcs here was the mentioning of Kirito's new part time job (no, not the GGO stint but it will relate to Alicisation) and the digital camera that will be important to Mothers Rosario.

I'm really looking forward to MR, but I am a bit worried about whether A1 can pull it off, the drama side of things hasn't been their strong point so far and we've got some seriously heavy subject matter coming.

At the end it didn't say he got a new part time job. They said he recently got paid for a recent short term job. Which I am guessing is from the GGO incident.
Nov 3, 2014 5:25 PM

Jun 2012
Kirito becomes a side character in Mothers Rosario right?
Nov 3, 2014 8:48 PM

Jul 2008
DoctaLinker said:
Lowering the score.

I watched SAO I mainly because of its romance, and all I see is action/adventure crap on this new season. The GGO arc was indeed a little cool, but now it's just crap. I want to see romance. I want a love triangle on this shit. I want saltless Asuna to get the shit out of the series and Kirito turning out to be a Makoto from School Days!

Wrong show.
Seriously there won't be more romance so you can just take your leave here.
Nov 3, 2014 11:46 PM

Aug 2011
Shuhan said:

More like in the sidelines, but pretty much yeah.
He still plays an important role nonetheless.
Nov 4, 2014 1:37 AM

Jan 2008
In the end, Freyja WAS a trap. For Klein, at least. Never expected her to transform into Thor even after knowing a little about the myth.

Two Legendary Weapons in one episode. Awesomesauce! Since I have yet to read the LNs, I wonder if they'll use those in an actual combat.

The Queen of The Lake's sister Skuld looked really cool. She could pass as an actual character in the series. Is it even remotely possible to do an OVA about her and her siblings? Haha! One can only dream. :)

Shuhan said:

Ack! Spoiler alert!
mitsukuni07Nov 4, 2014 1:41 AM
Nov 4, 2014 2:40 AM

Aug 2014
DoctaLinker said:
Lowering the score.

Then better stop watching.
Shuhan said:

Only for that arc temporarily, but yeah.
Nov 4, 2014 2:49 AM

Nov 2014
It was a good episode. I actually like how they're slowly progressing into bringing Yui to the real world.
I for one also want to see more Asuna + Kirito love action happening.
It feels like they've been really holding back the last few episodes and they don't seem to sit next to each other anymore. Kirito sitting next to Asada way too much.
Nov 4, 2014 4:15 AM
Jul 2014
TravSavage said:
So the trap that wasn't a trap really was a trap... Heh...

Yep, lol at that. Also half expecting "Quest Reward: NPC Contact Info" appearing in front of Klein at the end there.

mitsukuni07 said:
The Queen of The Lake's sister Skuld looked really cool. She could pass as an actual character in the series. Is it even remotely possible to do an OVA about her and her siblings? Haha! One can only dream. :)

Or you could watch Ah My Goddess!...
Nov 4, 2014 9:48 AM

Jul 2012
So, that's it.
That was the Excalibur route? owo
Well, I expected a bit more, but this was still pretty fun to watch.
All those big boss like monsters the whole gang had to fight, pretty cool. :3

And the final battle: Thor strikes in! With his awesome hammer. xD

Excalibur is a nice sword though, has a nice ring to it. :3

Hopefully the next Arc is good too. :3
Nov 4, 2014 9:55 AM

Aug 2014
It's Excaliber, by the way.
Nov 4, 2014 1:41 PM

Aug 2014
Asked it once, and I'll ask it again:

Could Kirito please start behaving like the married man he is and stop fliting around with everyone?

Sinon should hold her tits too...

Para los de la logse: Kirito Puta
GLORIA FORTIS MILES
Nov 4, 2014 6:21 PM
Apr 2014
Yngvar_VI said:

Could Kirito please start behaving like the married man he is and stop fliting around with everyone?

He's not married irl tho.

Also, if you can't notice Sinon was just teasing him, then you're the one with the problem.

It has been said countless times, they all know Kirito and Asuna are dating, Sinon included, in fact, she became a good friend of Asuna, she's just getting back at Kirito for all the teasing in GGO.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Nov 4, 2014 9:12 PM
Jul 2018
Yngvar_VI said:

I believe above person has stated, but basically A-1 did not do a correct impression of that scene. So it seemed like a love interest, when it was supposed to be a troll.
Nov 5, 2014 1:19 AM

Aug 2008
I ended up liking it alot, as it had that same sorta adventure feeling the first season had.

I swear, had the author had had the guts of taking his time and telling the story "floor by floor" and going all the way up to 100, it would've turned out epic. Such wasted potential.
Nov 5, 2014 7:21 AM

Jul 2014
Genix said:
I ended up liking it alot, as it had that same sorta adventure feeling the first season had.

I swear, had the author had had the guts of taking his time and telling the story "floor by floor" and going all the way up to 100, it would've turned out epic. Such wasted potential.

Don't worry m8
He is doing Progressive for that reason
Nov 5, 2014 7:58 AM

Aug 2014
Rolanddeschain said:
Genix said:

Don't worry m8

Progressive is to fill in the events, though, it's probably not a rewrite, the 75th floor twist will likely remain.
Nov 5, 2014 8:21 AM

Jul 2007
InsertPriestHere said:
Rolanddeschain said:

Don't worry m8

Progressive is to fill in the events, though, it's probably not a rewrite, the 75th floor twist will likely remain.

Hopefully.

Not reaching the last floor is THE WHOLE POINT of that arc for me.
Nov 5, 2014 8:30 AM
Apr 2014
salmon3669 said:
Yngvar_VI said:

I believe above person has stated, but basically A-1 did not do a correct impression of that scene. So it seemed like a love interest, when it was supposed to be a troll.

Seriously? I think that wink did the trick.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Nov 5, 2014 8:35 AM

Jul 2008
Genix said:

It's not about having guts or not, it's about SAO having been written as a one shot for a writing competition. At first it was never intended to even go beyond the first volume.

Also am I the only one that think that this would have been pretty bad? There is only a set amount of problem that could happen in an environment like SAO and for the story to stay interesting they would have to encounter problems. Meaning that either they are waltzing through the floors or they encounter the same problems every floor which make the whole thing damn repetitive.
I'm sure nobody want to see the leading team go farm for a 15th time because this boss is also too strong.

Anyway if they ever animate Alicization you'll see the only reason why SAO is even considered a decent novel because it's the best arc by far.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 27, 2014

611 by Bruh69XD »»
May 10, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

546 by amf85 »»
Apr 30, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

432 by amf85 »»
Apr 29, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

286 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 6, 2014

418 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 3:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.