Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 30, 2014 12:00 PM

Apr 2011
Shit was getting real in this episode. I cant believe Aoyanagi got fucked up like that in this episode.
And Mika is still annoying little bitch.
Oct 30, 2014 12:01 PM

Oct 2010
That was a pretty... intense episode at the ending there....

Also is it me or did the opening seem a bit altered?
With some parts/faces blurred out?

Oct 30, 2014 12:02 PM

Apr 2014
skudoops said:

Also the scene where they all instantly saw when her dominated was activated.. I mean.. what happened with that when it was activated on the mia detective in episode 3? Why didn't the sniper rifle identify Aoyanagi as an inspector like dominators normally do?.. I dunno about you guys but there's a lot of inconsistency that's bothering me in this season.

This what happens when the original writer (Creator) wasn't present in the sequel series.
Obviously he didn't know what was the whole Sibyl System present on the First Season and I Think he only knows the basics of PSYCHO-PASS?
Haters always gonna hate.
Oct 30, 2014 12:03 PM
Apr 2014
FateHero said:
Shimotsuki: "Chief Kasei pulled me off? Why?"

Me: (Shouting at the screen) "BECAUSE YOU SUCK AT YOUR JOB!"

loled so hard
Oct 30, 2014 12:04 PM
Oct 2014
Well, that was the most intense and cathartic episode this season. I am left speechless after the full scale massacre, and the voluntary suicide by the man this episode just drove it up to another level altogether. This is a prime execution of the idea of "show" rather than "tell".

Aoyanagi is in the wrong world, and in the wrong genre. In another anime, or even in another medium, her actions would be considered an expression of committed, noble heroism. Sadly, in Psycho Pass, there is no room for heroes of her type. Any charge of idiocy cannot be laid on her - she did as well as she could in the situation she found herself.

My main problem is with Mika. She's the main source of inexcusable stupidity in this epiosde. This girl has no shred of initiative - with her passivity, you could replace her with a Drone, and there'd be no difference. This was an amazing level of incompetence, but sadly, I fear she's being set up to die in an ironic and horrific manner. I agree with the sentiment - of course, the other purpose was to stop Akane from being able to legally intervene, but the other reason why it was done in this manner, was a message to Mika that she sucked hard at her job.
Oct 30, 2014 12:06 PM

Aug 2009
KOUGAMI
KUGAMI
KUAMI
KAUMI
KAMUI

Coincidence? I think not.

Oct 30, 2014 12:07 PM
Oct 2010
Also maybe there's a reason for this and I have no clue (and seriously this is my last QQ about this episode) but why when that dude zoomed through the sniper rifle the old guy was marked for execution and not stun? In episode one it showed that under 300 < = stun. I really want to doubt that the sniper rifle can only be in lethal mode, because then what would be the point if it's going to kill everyone regardless of hue.

Oh and also mikas unwillingness to believe in Kamui.. like 3 different people who aren't connected at all mention this dude and she still doesn't believe that he may possibly exist? Just lol.. I guess in the upcoming episode her character will have a change of opinion after seeing this massacre. Man I also hope I'm just jumping the gun here and everything is cleared up later one because I'd enjoy it a lot more that way.
GD1551Oct 30, 2014 12:10 PM
Oct 30, 2014 12:08 PM
Jul 2014
the investigators and enforcers need to wake up and question the sibyl system.
Oct 30, 2014 12:10 PM

Jul 2014
Man that old can certainly lift. I bet he physically overpower superman.

Good episode 4/5.
Mar 2013
skudoops said:
Also maybe there's a reason for this and I have no clue (and seriously this is my last QQ about this episode) but why when that dude zoomed through the sniper rifle the old guy was marked for execution and not stun? In episode one it showed that under 300 < = stun. I really want to doubt that the sniper rifle can only be in lethal mode, because then what would be the point if it's going to kill everyone regardless of hue.

aoyanagi dominator wasn't in lethal mode either

Apr 2014
novalysis said:

My main problem is with Mika. This girl has no shred of initiative - with her passivity, you could replace her with a Drone, and there'd be no difference. This was an amazing level of incompetence, but sadly, I fear she's being set up to die in an ironic and horrific manner.

Oct 30, 2014 12:11 PM
Oct 2010
deadsea said:
skudoops said:

aoyanagi dominator wasn't in lethal mode either

Yeah I missed that, when she took it from his waist it should have been in at least paralyzer at 280 hue, but going by the sniper rifle it should have been in eliminator.
Oct 30, 2014 12:15 PM

Jan 2013
This was painful to watch. Not only how brutal that man was to all the victims, but the police as well, and worst of all....Mika. For an inspector who's supposed to be a leader, she's the epitome of a failure in the fields. She's had no accomplishments to support the vast amount of pride within her.

Rayzer said:
novalysis said:

My main problem is with Mika. This girl has no shred of initiative - with her passivity, you could replace her with a Drone, and there'd be no difference. This was an amazing level of incompetence, but sadly, I fear she's being set up to die in an ironic and horrific manner.

No, not really. She became an inspector to prevent such things from happening, like what happened to her best friend, yet she has no initiative to do so. She refuses to take any initiative on the case, because she doubts Akane's ability to enforce, yet she's done nothing significant so far, so where is all this pride coming from?

Akane in the first season is a much more realistic character. Actions through instinct, not pride.
210125Oct 30, 2014 12:21 PM
Oct 30, 2014 12:17 PM

Oct 2009
Rayzer said:

Considering she's an Inspector already for more than a year and no young girl anymore... nope, not realistic.
Oct 30, 2014 12:20 PM

Jan 2013
Ringlord said:
Rayzer said:

Considering she's an Inspector already for more than a year and no young girl anymore... nope, not realistic.
It wasn't realistic to begin with either, tbh.

With her feelings to become an inspector after her friend's death, she should want to enforce action, not sit by and watch it happen to a whole group of victims, but of course, that's exactly what she did.

I honestly can't stand watching her.
Oct 30, 2014 12:21 PM

Oct 2013
Ringlord said:
Rayzer said:

Young as in young age, therefore still rebellious and hardheaded in her own ways which are actually the sibyls.
7thVoidOct 30, 2014 12:26 PM
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Oct 30, 2014 12:24 PM

Oct 2009
7thVoid said:
Young girl as in young age wise therefore still rebellious and hardheaded in her own ways which are actually the sibyls.

As Everonica also said... her behaviour makes no sense, considering her reason to become an Inspector.
Oct 30, 2014 12:24 PM
Sep 2013
Man Kamui is way more sadistic then Makishima. All those innoncent victims plus inspector Risa that was so messed up. Shot while doing her job. But uncourse sibly and its messed up system will even kill its own inspectors.
Oct 30, 2014 12:25 PM

Jul 2009
Shiyu said:
KOUGAMI
KUGAMI
KUAMI
KAUMI
KAMUI

KAMUI
KAMUILL
KAMILLU
KAILLUMIN
ILLUMINATI

;p
Oct 30, 2014 12:25 PM

Aug 2011
I didn't like this ending. Left me with a really bad after taste..
Oct 30, 2014 12:27 PM

Jan 2013
hantere said:
Man Kamui is way more sadistic then Makishima. All those innoncent victims plus inspector Risa that was so messed up. Shot while doing her job. But uncourse sibly and its messed up system will even kill its own inspectors.
It kind of concerns me that their special weapon could shoot through walls, but can not identity the people lol.

Taking a gamble with that weapon every time.
Oct 30, 2014 12:27 PM
Mar 2013
skudoops said:
Yeah I missed that, when she took it from his waist it should have been in at least paralyzer at 280 hue, but going by the sniper rifle it should have been in eliminator.

Uhm maybe this rifle can only act be in Lethal Eliminator like you said or that was a mistake.
Oct 30, 2014 12:28 PM

Jan 2013
Kurogashi said:
Shiyu said:
KOUGAMI
KUGAMI
KUAMI
KAUMI
KAMUI

KAMUI
KAMUILL
KAMILLU
KAILLUMIN
ILLUMINATI

;p

ILLUMINATI
ILLUMI

HxH related to PP confirmed.
Psycho x Pass coming.
Oct 30, 2014 12:29 PM

Jan 2013
deadsea said:
skudoops said:

Uhm maybe this rifle can only act be in Lethal Eliminator like you said or that was a mistake.
Well, I think it was only lethal when they shot Aoyanagi since her hue was 300+ iirc, and the guy said he chose the target with higher stress levels.
Oct 30, 2014 12:30 PM
Sep 2013
Everonica said:
hantere said:
It kind of concerns me that their special weapon could shoot through walls, but can not identity the people lol.

Taking a gamble with that weapon every time.

Its like shoot first asks questions later xp
Oct 30, 2014 12:33 PM
Mar 2013
astro said:
[UBUKATA INTENSIFIES]

Though actually this episode felt kind of hamfisted and very Urobuchi in its delivery throughout the first 2/3rds. I'd like to know how much he worked on each individual episode vs. Ubukata and the other guy that helps write the script.

Overall I'm much more pleased with Ubukata's work and delivery. I hope it continues and that the Urobuchi infodumps don't kick in later on. So far this season is much better and is making up for the disaster that was S1.

ANYWAY

Edit:
surfboard_ said:
Needless killing scenes are okay since its written by Urobochi

It's not written by Urobuchi.

A hint about his past? airplane accident? or maybe Makishima in disguise lol

Nov 2012
That was intense but i still don't understand if the old woman in her office is still the same person we saw on the 1st season and still one of the villains or a new complete character.
Oct 2014
Everonica said:
This was painful to watch. Not only how brutal that man was to all the victims, but the police as well, and worst of all....Mika. For an inspector who's supposed to be a leader, she's the epitome of a failure in the fields. She's had no accomplishments to support the vast amount of pride within her.

Rayzer said:

No, not really. She became an inspector to prevent such things from happening, like what happened to her best friend, yet she has no initiative to do so. She refuses to take any initiative on the case, because she doubts Akane's ability to enforce, yet she's done nothing significant so far, so where is all this pride coming from?

Akane in the first season is a much more realistic character. Actions through instinct, not pride.

That doesn't excuse Mika's utter incompetence.
Oct 30, 2014 12:35 PM

Oct 2013
Ringlord said:
7thVoid said:
Young girl as in young age wise therefore still rebellious and hardheaded in her own ways which are actually the sibyls.

As Everonica also said... her behaviour makes no sense, considering her reason to become an Inspector.

Believe me I don't like her character by any stretch.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

May 2008
Ringlord said:
surfboard_ said:

That's because a sequel isn't needed at all. They're only doing it for the money. Needless killing scenes are okay since its written by Urobochi, it is their own fanservice. You can even laugh because there are "serious" animators doing this kind of thing.

Season 2 isn't written by Urobochi, it's by Ubukata (Mardock, GitS Arise).

No, it's not. This season is written by Kumagai Jun. The writer of masterpieces like Valvrape, Galilei Donna(remember DAT finale people? Yup, this guy was responsible for that clusterfuck) and Hamatora. Ubukata is credited for "series composition".

Regarding the episode itself - absolutely horrendous. Cringe worthy, fan fiction level of writing. Shallow questions/dilemmas, awful shounenesque dialogue, sub-par production values. Pitiful attempt at imitating Urubuchi's style by simply adding "edgy" violence and "suffering". He should at least have the fucking decency to read-up on Urubuchi's older Nitro+ works before trying to emulate his style.
OwaruSekaiOct 30, 2014 12:39 PM

Jan 2013
darkreaver94 said:
hantere said:

Its like shoot first asks questions later xp

Kind of defeat the purpose of a dominator if that is the case.
yup.
novalysis said:

That doesn't excuse Mika's utter incompetence.
Yeah, that was my point.
Oct 30, 2014 12:36 PM
Jan 2011
Wow! I felt cold just watching this!
Oct 30, 2014 12:37 PM

Jan 2013
OwaruSekai said:
Ringlord said:

No, it's not. This season is written by Kumagai Jun. The writer of masterpieces like Valvrape, Galilei Donna(remember DAT finale people? Yup, this guy was responsible for that clusterfuck.) and Hamatora. Ubukata is credited for "series composition".

Regarding the episode itself - absolutely horrendous. Cringe worthy, fan fiction level of writing. Shallow questions/dilemmas, awful shounenesque dialogue, sub-par production values. Pitiful attempt at imitating Urubuchi's style by simply adding "edgy" violence and "suffering". He should at least have the fucking decency to read-up on Urubuchi's older Nitro+ works before trying to emulate his style.
to be fair, s2 so far has been better than all of those series by far, so he's not doing TOO bad, haha
Oct 30, 2014 12:39 PM

Mar 2014
best episode so far
i feel sorry for the hostages
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 30, 2014 12:40 PM

Oct 2009
OwaruSekai said:
No, it's not. This season is written by Kumagai Jun. The writer of masterpieces like Valvrape, Galilei Donna(remember DAT finale people? Yup, this guy was responsible for that clusterfuck.) and Hamatora. Ubukata is credited for "series composition".

Man, i liked Valvrave and Galilei (well, that's the problem with shows getting it's runtime cut in half).
But Uro also did the Series Composition for Season 1... and the job of the series composition is to check the scripts, before they go further into prodcution, So yes, in this case it's also Ubukata's fault.

Oct 2013
Everonica said:
OwaruSekai said:

to be fair, s2 so far has been better than all of those series by far, so he's not doing TOO bad, haha

Regardless, this season is putting s1 to shame as it stands.

Jan 2013
A good episode, intense and interesting.
But, as I said on the previous episode, it's freaking stupid people following the system without questioning it.
Oct 30, 2014 12:42 PM

Oct 2013
Silver4000 said:
A good episode, intense and interesting.
But, as I said on the previous episode, it's freaking stupid people following the system without questioning it.

If there is no need there can only be want, which no one can have as sibyl decides that. Quite the dictatorship I say.

Oct 30, 2014 12:45 PM

May 2012
WTF!

Great episode and I think (once again I think) I can see where the plot is going. Okay so I think Kamui plan is to show the world what color it is. Blue meaning your hue has not rise or red meaning it's clouded. What thought was to be something perfect is not. This episode was proof of this. Those people in that building were innocent, but since they hue was high (red) that got killed. Seems like Kamui is trying to expose Sibyl or at least (from episode 2) find someone like Akane to see this. The dominators can also kill investigators. I feel like that going to come into play later.

5/5 for me.
AntearionOct 30, 2014 12:55 PM
Oct 30, 2014 12:47 PM

Oct 2014
oh

As much as I loved first season, if by the end Mika doesn't get brutally killed or better, just assaulted, I will drop my score to 7

Writer(s) are trying so hard to make us hate her character that in the end it can be ultimate satisfaction to see her suffer

So now about this episode

well...

It's true that people are brought up to not question sybil system, control their stress level and under no circumstance use violance, but god... it was awfully pathetic to watch some old man overpower more than 10 people so easily

but but

what an old man <3

crushing skulls with his bare leg like they are nothing

0__o

don't really like it so far

I can't even recognize more than half of the characters

there are so many of them

can't really understand who is who

and everything seems so forced...
Oct 30, 2014 12:49 PM
Sep 2013
The problem with Mika right now based on this episode is, she is too much of a "Yes-Man". Its not bad of her to have obeyed her orders and follow the rules but there are times when you need to take the initiative yourself without someone else having to tell you exactly what needs to be done. Hopefully from this experience she might try to act more on what she believes to be the right decision rather than the systems.
Oct 30, 2014 12:49 PM
Aug 2011
Well that was crazy. I'm not sure I like it though.
This season is very conflicting for me.

Shiyu said:
KOUGAMI
KUGAMI
KUAMI
KAUMI
KAMUI

OMG Y U DO THIS?!
Oct 30, 2014 12:50 PM

Nov 2009
Rayzer said:
skudoops said:

Also the scene where they all instantly saw when her dominated was activated.. I mean.. what happened with that when it was activated on the mia detective in episode 3? Why didn't the sniper rifle identify Aoyanagi as an inspector like dominators normally do?.. I dunno about you guys but there's a lot of inconsistency that's bothering me in this season.

This what happens when the original writer (Creator) wasn't present in the sequel series.
Obviously he didn't know what was the whole Sibyl System present on the First Season and I Think he only knows the basics of PSYCHO-PASS?

I don't remember if that happens all the time. Do they always introduce the holder even in S1? Or is there something they press?

Also, though Urobochi isn't the script writer, he's one of the overseers in this sequel. The writer could ask him personally about these plot points/information about this world.

darkreaver94 said:
SaveTheAralSea said:
Omg, wtf??? Aoyanagi....>_<

And seriously, how can you squish someone's skull by simply stomping on it? It was like that guy's skull was a grapefruit or something.

Anime logic. Akame ga Kill have Tatsumi splitting someone into half from head to toe.

My mother said there's a major/large(?) artery/capillary(?) in the nose. I'd also had profuse nosebleeds that seemed unable to end. The blood may be exaggeratedly a lot in this ep, but we can't be sure where else he was wounded on the face.

I feel like the stupidity in this episode was meant to be a social commentary. Sybil has made these people act like children. They are absolutely dependent on Sybil's judgment that they couldn't do anything without it. If this was like our world, fight or flight response should have kicked in for all of them, but in a world wherein they were so protected that they don't get exposed often in fight or flight situations, what instincts of theirs will still work? What other instincts do they have except never let their hues get clouded?

This episode also reminds me of the Stanford(?) Prison experiment, wherein the guard (or hostage taker in this ep) in power acts out his role in its possible extreme way, and the prisoner/hostage acts more like a prisoner/hostage (obedient in the face of authority). In short, in the time that Sybil couldn't work/have authority, they believed in the authority of the old man.

Again, they become like children.

"Belief is the death of intelligence." ~Robert Anton Wilson~
Oct 30, 2014 12:55 PM
Mar 2013
it feelt lacking and i don't know but animation wasn't great in some scenes
Oct 30, 2014 12:59 PM
Mar 2013
OwaruSekai said:
Ringlord said:

No, it's not. This season is written by Kumagai Jun. The writer of masterpieces like Valvrape, Galilei Donna(remember DAT finale people? Yup, this guy was responsible for that clusterfuck) and Hamatora. Ubukata is credited for "series composition".

agree its decent until now but S1 was like only ten floors higher
Oct 30, 2014 1:03 PM

Mar 2010
Wow, this episode was truly amazing. So far, I'm loving this season much more than the first one. It's much more intense and isn't afraid to tap into the real cruelty of Sybil. While in S1 Sybil was something I definitely agreed with, now I realise just how messed up it can get when someone has cheat codes. Seriously though, this is a huge epic mindfuck where Sybil looks like nothing else but a prison for those who are in the wrong place at the the wrong time. I love it!

It's also showing how messed up the inspectors are. Truly powerful anime. Hopefully, the ending will be just as good because the way Kamui is doing what he does will be the key in whether I like this anime or not in the end.
Oct 30, 2014 1:05 PM

May 2008
Ringlord said:
OwaruSekai said:

Man, i liked Valvrave and Galilei (well, that's the problem with shows getting it's runtime cut in half).
But Uro also did the Series Composition for Season 1... and the job of the series composition is to check the scripts, before they go further into prodcution, So yes, in this case it's also Ubukata's fault.

Which show was "cut in half"?

"Liking" a show does not translate into the show being well written or objectively "good" for that matter. I didn't say Ubukata is completely blameless, I simply said he's not the writer as you've stated before. Urobuchi was both, the script writer and responsible for the composition, so I don't see how this is of any relevance.
OwaruSekaiOct 30, 2014 1:20 PM
Oct 30, 2014 1:05 PM
Nov 2012
Shiyu said:
KOUGAMI
KUGAMI
KUAMI
KAUMI
KAMUI

lel
Oct 30, 2014 1:06 PM

Apr 2014
Everonica said:

I was just saying that It could be It wasn't her ambition to be an Inspector in the first place and she just forced herself to do it.
And she can't trust anybody because of what just happened to her friends, It's a simple logic to think of.
But most of you was pissed of with her without thinking of any possibilities of her reasons.

And well 1 year huh? That's a big problem because they just hinted it without showing what happened, It's really impossibly that nothing happens on one year and we can't even see what was the progress of their operations. So I blame it to the New Writer who randomly think of ideas.
RayzerOct 30, 2014 1:24 PM
Oct 30, 2014 1:11 PM

Oct 2009
OwaruSekai said:
Which show was "cut in half"?

Galilei was actually planned with 22 Episodes.

OwaruSekai said:
"Liking" a show doesn't not translate into the show being well written or objectively "good" for that matter.

Double Negative? @.@
Okay, my fault.

OwaruSekai said:
I didn't say Ubukata is completely blameless, I simply said he's not the writer as you've stated before. Urobuchi was both, the script writer and responsible for the composition, so I don't see how this is of any relevance.

Ubukata could still rewrite before giving the OK considering he stands higher in line, but nope... or he did, which makes it even worse :(
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Riri- - Dec 18, 2014

641 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 7, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

264 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 7, 5:44 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2014

336 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 7, 5:06 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2014

354 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 7, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2014

272 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 7, 4:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.