Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 29, 2014 9:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that was intense. This Mr.A is definitely not messing around.

It looks like Migi's plan worked with that pipe they were hiding earlier. Nice. Tamiya's got some nice hair too, the parasite type. RIP Tamiya's real mom. Overall, good balanced episode imo. Idk how well that gun will work for Migi and Shinichi though. The feels of this episode was strong. Sooner or later, their parents might get involved as well..
Oct 29, 2014 11:02 AM

Sep 2013
Art/Animation: Quality overall dropped a bit but the animation was still fluid and the art overall was well done.

Music: More atmospheric music! Yay! A nice lighthearted piece as well in the middle there when it dealt with Shinichi's mom.

Story+Characters:

That action scene at the start was great, pretty much exactly what I wanted, maybe even above what I wanted out of it. Strategic, exactly how a fight sequence should be. The added Tamiya blowing up the one classroom to kill Mr. A though, ugh, so badass.

I love the scene where Tamiya is fired from her teaching position, any normal person would either have a fit or get stressed out and cry but because she is a parasite she just finds the behavior ridiculous and laughs at the stupidity of humans for actually caring about that stuff and just decides to move on as if nothing important was lost. Great.

We get some more insight into the parasites and why they kill, it's basically just their instinct that tells them to do so. They were put here to kill humans or whatever species they take over. I also love the part where she so casually talks about experimenting on her baby or even eating it. She threatens Shinichi but it seems like it wasn't an actual threat, she was just testing him. Foreshadowing!!

Ah yes, finally an anime that does the, "He's a teenager, of course he doesn't make sense" thing right. Of course, most of the ridiculous behavior from Shinichi comes from Migi interfering with his life. Nice drama and good back story for Shinichi's mother.

Migi turning part of himself into a gun was great, haha. I wonder if it would actually work... probably not since it would require something to be shot out, maybe if they got bullets it might work though. Doubt they will use it for anything but still cool.

Overall, well balanced episode, some action, some suspense, some sci-fi, some drama. Good Good Good.
Oct 29, 2014 11:03 AM

Dec 2013
Hmm. Fight was good, blood pouring out of the chair leg pipe was brutal.
Shinichi's parents left for the countryside. Foreshadowing there? (the countryside is supposedly "safer").
Tamiya is now an enemy and pregnant... might use the baby for experiments or just eat it. Yum.
Migi can detach for Shinichi, pretty cool, like a pet dog that can literally rip people to shreds.
Seems like we only get 1 fight per episode or maybe its just keeping us hooked as the plot develops.
If I forget to reply feel free to drop a message or comment on my profile!
Oct 29, 2014 11:11 AM

Aug 2010
If I wanted to summarize this ep in 2 words they'd be "Motherly love"!!

Ryouko being shocked at how "Her" mother realized she wasn't the real Ryouko was nice. I can already see her developing a lot in the near future.

I really felt bad for Shinichi's mom :( She really cares about her son. Why do I have a bad feeling that sth will happen to the parents D:

Not much to say about the start of this ep though. A was killed (Or was he?) way easier than I thought he'd be. Dat blood through the tube though :O XD Nice aiming there Shinichi XD

Interesting to see Migi can detach for a while. And was also nice to see Tamiya notice how Shinichi isn't a pure human anymore.
Oct 29, 2014 11:12 AM

Jan 2013
DROP THE BASS

Just finished the episode. Techno and Edgy shounen shit.

10/10
SolviteWoTaberuOct 29, 2014 11:40 AM
Oct 29, 2014 11:13 AM

Jan 2013
Great Episode, as usual.

SolvitePriest said:
DROP THE BASS

"comment reserved for after i finish this generic shounen show with dubstep and gore to make it "different""

wtf are you even talking about?
A piece of my brain just shot out of my weiner!- Onodera Punpun
Oct 29, 2014 11:14 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Intense fight in the beginning! Those rapid movements between the parasytes were amazing! Props to Shinichi for having the guts to move up and stab A. Nice teamwork!

So, the parasyte inside Ryouko finally took over her whole body? Damn, she appears even more vicious now. :O
But it also seems that she's a bit confused about how humans operate; seeing how Ryouko's mother was able to realize that she's not the real Ryouko.
Hopefully, she'll turn good after learning more about humans.

Shinichi on the other hand, continues to change slowly as his mother also took notice once again. But I didn't like how she said that Shinichi doesn't care about his parents anymore, just because he changed his opinion too soon. To me, that wasn't the right way to think that he has really changed. More like, if she based it solely on her instinct, that would've been more appropriate; like how Ryouko's mom figured out that Ryouko wasn't her daughter Ryouko.

Good episode overall. I hope Ryouko doesn't end up using her baby for experiments though..

Oct 29, 2014 11:15 AM

May 2009
Oct 29, 2014 11:16 AM

Jan 2013
The animation quality decerased a bit imo, but not surprised since the animation in first three episodes was top notch and almost flawless.

This episode was a really good and peaceful one, well removing the first half of first half, that is. I kinda felt sad for the mother of Ryoko. Given the fact that the fake Ryoko asked herself how the mother noticed it wasn't the real Ryoko leads me to believe that the fake Ryoko will come to understand human's nature, but when she does that it will be too late. This episode added a new development to the parents too, in the previous three episodes we would always see the mother washing the dishes and the father sitting on the chair and surfing the net, like what the fu*k. Nice Shinichi's mother flashback too, and some backstory of her. Now though, that the parents are gone and Shinichi is all alone by himself, makes me believe that something big will happen which permanently will create a huge distance between Shinichi and his parents.

4/5
Oct 29, 2014 11:16 AM

Jan 2013
bbboi90 said:
Great Episode, as usual.

SolvitePriest said:
DROP THE BASS

"comment reserved for after i finish this generic shounen show with dubstep and gore to make it "different""

well, this show is a generic battle shounen but with ALIEEEENS and DUBSTEEEEEP

But hey, its got gore so you teens just eat this shit up.

bastek66 said:

isnt it crazy how they can animate gifs in anime and people call it good animation?

like seriously, in the second gif neither of them is even moving.
SolviteWoTaberuOct 29, 2014 11:23 AM
Oct 29, 2014 11:22 AM

Jun 2008
I can't wait for next week because we will finally see Kana. Her anime design is so cute.
Oct 29, 2014 11:23 AM
Sep 2013
Good episode. Mother worry about Shinichi and some back story. A got killed and everything back to normal well as normal as thiongs can get. Lol at him waking up with no arm. Also the spank the monkey joke XD
Oct 29, 2014 11:24 AM

Jan 2013
Cant wait to see which Monster Shinichi fights in the next exciting episode of PARASYTE ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ,
Oct 29, 2014 11:25 AM

Sep 2013
SolvitePriest said:

I can tell you right now that the battles of this series are sidelined in exchange for psychological drama and sci-fi horror. Though you likely won't take my word for it until the show shows you itself. It is not a battle series(most of the time, it is sometimes) nor is it generic. Even if it was a battle series all the time, it wouldn't be generic, I think you are confused as to what a "generic battle shounen" actually is.
Oct 29, 2014 11:25 AM

Apr 2014
Nice episode.And yeah the spank the monkey joke was incredible lol XD
Oct 29, 2014 11:28 AM

Jan 2008
The mom was really the highlight of this episode, showing what mothers can do when protecting their child (in her case, not even noticing the scolding hot oil burns until the dad pointed it out).

The dad was pretty funny on his own: "What, was he spanking the monkey?" I couldn't help laughing like a mad man. Masturbating with Migi must be really awkward.

Was also interesting to see that Migi can also detach itself temporarily, and walk around like a dog. It also showed us that Migi didn't only take over his right hand, but Shinichi's entire right arm, maybe even more than where Shinichi tied it off with his headphones.
Estoy_GordoOct 29, 2014 11:35 AM
Oct 29, 2014 11:32 AM

Jun 2014
I already love this anime
Oct 29, 2014 11:34 AM

Jan 2013
Step 1: Take some teenage douchebag who almost has a girlfriend.
Step 2: Give him Super Powers
Step 3: Have monsters attack him and his family.
Step 4: Add "Horror" and "Psychological" elements, which are actually just the mc crying like a bitch and/or his friends dying randomly.
Step 5: Add dubstep cause all the kids like dubstep.

Boom 8.0 on mal.

BTW, this formula works for Tokyo Ghoul, Akame Ga Kill, Mirai Nikki and any other generic trash gore shounen anime.
Oct 29, 2014 11:35 AM

Sep 2013
SolvitePriest said:
Keten said:

I can tell you right now that the battles of this series are sidelined in exchange for psychological drama and sci-fi horror. Though you likely won't take my word for it until the show shows you itself. It is not a battle series(most of the time, it is sometimes) nor is it generic. Even if it was a battle series all the time, it wouldn't be generic, I think you are confused as to what a "generic battle shounen" actually is.

Wait this is the akame ga kill forum? shit i forgot.

Erm... no... What does this show have in common with Akame Ga Kill? I can provide you examples of things that make this NOT a generic battle shounen if you like. I didn't know I'd have to spell it out for you though but okay.

1. The characters actually develop (Something most battle shounen don't do because people get attached to the established personality).
2. The battles are quick and use strategy and actually are used to gather information or provide character growth (As opposed to mindless action, yelling out moves and causing explosions).
3. The music is atmospheric and suspenseful rather than over the top.
4. There are only a select number of characters (Not dozens of reoccurring ones that go no where).
5. The focus is on the characters and suspense building, not the fighting.

I haven't even watched Akame Ga Kill so I cannot confirm or deny if it's good or not but these are all examples I used to differ it from a battle shounen or at least a generic battle shounen. Sorry to say that I didn't include gore there because that is not all this show is.
Oct 29, 2014 11:35 AM

Jan 2013
Keten said:
SolvitePriest said:

Wait this is the akame ga kill forum? shit i forgot.

Erm... no... What does this show have in common with Akame Ga Kill? I can provide you examples of things that make this NOT a generic battle shounen if you like. I didn't know I'd have to spell it out for you though but okay.

1. The characters actually develop (Something most battle shounen don't do because people get attached to the established personality).
2. The battles are quick and use strategy and actually are used to gather information or provide character growth (As opposed to mindless action, yelling out moves and causing explosions).
3. The music is atmospheric and suspenseful rather than over the top.
4. There are only a select number of characters (Not dozens of reoccurring ones that go no where).
5. The focus is on the characters and suspense building, not the fighting.

I haven't even watched Akame Ga Kill so I cannot confirm or deny if it's good or not but these are all examples I used to differ it from a battle shounen or at least a generic battle shounen. Sorry to say that I didn't include gore there because that is not all this show is.

LOL is migi one shotting the bad guys strategy now?

Is dubstep atmospheric now?

at least refute my points.

in what way is out of place dubstep atmospheric?

Hey bro, i have a really atmospheric song for you.

Imagine this playing while Migi one shots the next Angel when it shows up.

Mod Edit: Double post created by removing intervening comment has been combined.
rodacOct 29, 2014 2:55 PM
Oct 29, 2014 11:40 AM

May 2009
SolvitePriest said:

0/10
It's over 20 years old seinen manga.

rodacOct 29, 2014 8:47 PM
Oct 29, 2014 11:40 AM

Apr 2013
SolvitePriest said:
bbboi90 said:
Great Episode, as usual.

bastek66 said:

isnt it crazy how they can animate gifs in anime and people call it good animation?

like seriously, in the second gif neither of them is even moving.
hilarious how you try to act like an elitist yet you have shit taste.. pls stop trying so hard.
Oct 29, 2014 11:41 AM

Sep 2013
SolvitePriest said:

at least refute my points.

in what way is out of place dubstep atmospheric?

Hey bro, i have a really atmospheric song for you.

Imagine this playing while Migi one shots the next Angel when it shows up.

God damnit, fine, I will refute your points and then ignore you forever.

1. Migi didn't even kill the parasite this episode, the strategy was using the opponents overconfidence against them and having Shinichi step up and make it 2 against 1. 1 shot 1 kill isn't exactly far fetched and even if that was the case, you saying that means it's not a generic battle shounen because a generic battle shounen would have the fight last either the entire episode or several episodes.

2. There was no dubstep this episode or last episode.
rodacOct 29, 2014 3:14 PM
Oct 29, 2014 11:41 AM

Jan 2013
bastek66 said:
SolvitePriest said:

0/10
It's over 20 years old seinen manga.
Guys, guys, it's just Solvy, he slightly changed his nick and is shitposting again.

the fact that my name is SolvitePriest makes it really hard to tell who I am. Its part of my clever disguise.
How is saying this anime is gore fan service and dubstep baiting?
Those are both facts.
Keten said:
God damnit, fine, I will refute your points and then ignore you forever.
1. Migi didn't even kill the parasite this episode, the strategy was using the opponents overconfidence against them and having Shinichi step up and make it 2 against 1. 1 shot 1 kill isn't exactly far fetched and even if that was the case, you saying that means it's not a generic battle shounen because a generic battle shounen would have the fight last either the entire episode or several episodes.
2. There was no dubstep this episode or last episode.
Oh I'm sorry. Trapstep.
Its totally different.
Sourire said:
hilarious how you try to act like an elitist yet you have shit taste.. pls stop trying so hard.
Nice ad hominem.
But i mean, youve got nothing to actually defend Skrillex Presents: Scary Parasytes and Nice Shinichi's with.

This isnt the most popular anime of the season.
It does have wonderful designs and excellent source material though.
Madhouse has just turned it into a joke.

Mod Edit: Triple post created by removal of intervening comments merged.
rodacOct 29, 2014 3:13 PM
Oct 29, 2014 11:46 AM

Feb 2014
Good episode!

Lol this is not shounen it is seinen
Oct 29, 2014 11:49 AM

Jan 2013
The anime is shounen shit. Adults dont listen to dubstep.

Sourire said:
SolvitePriest said:
"facts", the point you're trying to debate are idiotic and irrelevant.. why would I try to argue over this with you? lost cause.

Arguing that the music and tone of the series are shit is idiotic?

Am i required to like it now?

I'm not insulting anyone here.
rodacOct 29, 2014 3:02 PM
Oct 29, 2014 11:50 AM

Apr 2013
SolvitePriest said:
and adults don't watch and enjoy a dude giving his little sister a toothbrush orgasm, yet you fanboy over that.

oh and parasyte isn't shounen, nice try.
Oct 29, 2014 11:50 AM

May 2009
SolvitePriest said:

Music is what makes a demographic? Haha
rodacOct 29, 2014 2:33 PM
Oct 29, 2014 11:51 AM

Jan 2013
Sourire said:
SolvitePriest said:
and adults don't watch and enjoy a dude giving his little sister a toothbrush orgasm, yet you fanboy over that.

what does that have to do with parasyte?

please stay on topic dude, this is a parasyte episode discussion thread. discuss parasyte.

Can nobody actually defend parasyte without directly insulting me as a person?

I'm not insulting you. I'm not being a dick. I'm insulting an anime.

Anime dont have feelings and arent protected by the rules on mal.

Having a negative opinion about something you like doesnt make me a troll.

Either refute my opinions with actual shit about parasyte, or stop talking to/about me, because unlike you being offended by my opinion about anime, i actually have a right to be offended when you insult me here to my face.
rodacOct 29, 2014 2:32 PM
Oct 29, 2014 11:53 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Good episode, Tamiya showing just a little understanding of the humanity? I liked the scenes with the mother the most in this.
rodacOct 29, 2014 2:31 PM
Oct 29, 2014 11:54 AM

Jan 2013
Smudy said:
Meh, i thought, this place was without annoying trolls, guess i was wrong. Really hard to ignore you.

Good episode, Tamiya showing just a little understanding of the humanity? I liked the scenes with the mother the most in this.

Explain how I'm trolling.
Oct 29, 2014 12:00 PM

Apr 2013
SolvitePriest said:
Smudy said:
Meh, i thought, this place was without annoying trolls, guess i was wrong. Really hard to ignore you.

you're baiting people with 1 liners. "shounenshit" yet this anime isn't shounen.. then you say madhouse turned this into a joke yet you have no idea what the manga is like.. then you say they use dubstep yet its not dubstep and theres nothing wrong with it.. you also called parasyte generic which is actually an hilarious statement.
Oct 29, 2014 12:03 PM

Jan 2013
Sourire said:
SolvitePriest said:

you're baiting people with 1 liners. "shounenshit" yet this anime isn't shounen.. then you say madhouse turned this into a joke yet you have no idea what the manga is like.. then you say they use dubstep yet its not dubstep and theres nothing wrong with it.. you also called parasyte generic which is actually an hilarious statement.

show me one post where i posted a one liner. Also find me a post where i said "shounenshit"

lets go man, if you are going to accuse me of trolling at least have some proof.

And it is dubstep. Oh im sorry, trapstep, which is totally different. Totally.

I'm allowed to say im unhappy with the adaptation, i'm allowed to say the anime sucks.

IDGAF what demographic the manga targets, this anime is clearly aimed at male teenagers who listen to EDM.

Thats shounen.

But keep thinking you are cool for knowing about a famous manga that everyone knows about.
Oct 29, 2014 12:06 PM

Apr 2014
Good episode with some good 'O SHIT' moments. Fight in the beginning was good, but felt a bit short. Migi is turning more and more bad ass. The OST of this episode was perfect, a bit techno, but no more dubstep like in the beginning. Next week look promesing.

Man, i like this anime

Apr 2013
do you even read what you post?
SolvitePriest said:
DROP THE BASS

10/10
^

who cares what music they use in like 1 scene for 15 seconds each episode?

you haven't even read the manga, how can you be unhappy about the adaptation?

"male teenagers who listen to edm" yeah sure great point there.

once again, you try to debate and act like you know everything, yet you have no idea what you're talking about and just rambling and annoying everyone with random statements.

Jan 2014
What? Was he spanking his monkey? OMG HAHAHAHA XD. Busted out laughing. Great episode as usual
Oct 29, 2014 12:09 PM

Jan 2013
Sourire said:
do you even read what you post?
SolvitePriest said:
DROP THE BASS

10/10
^

who cares what music they use in like 1 scene for 15 seconds each episode?

you haven't even read the manga, how can you be unhappy about the adaptation?

"male teenagers who listen to edm" yeah sure great point there.

once again, you try to debate and act like you know everything, yet you have no idea what you're talking about and just rambling and annoying everyone with random statements.

are you watching the same anime as me?

episode 2 had dubstep during slice of life scenes.
Oct 29, 2014 12:15 PM

Jan 2014
Okay episode. Had its moments, the battle was more on the underwhelming side of things.

Shinichi's mom is quite the annoying one, tbh. So whiny, but I think what's really rubbing me the wrong way with her is her voice. :S

lol @ these three pages already.
Oct 29, 2014 12:16 PM

Jan 2013
BeatzMe said:
Okay episode. Had its moments, the battle was more on the underwhelming side of things.

Shinichi's mom is quite the annoying one, tbh. So whiny, but I think what's really rubbing me the wrong way with her is her voice. :S

i really like her character
Oct 29, 2014 12:18 PM

Feb 2012
SolvitePriest said:
bbboi90 said:
Great Episode, as usual.

Fate is a bigger shoenen. Fights, and Asses
Oct 29, 2014 12:19 PM

Jul 2009
okay episode i guess.
the mc starting to annoy me now. i know it's suppose to be 'character progression' and he's suppose to be a bad ass somewhere down the line but right now, it's almost unbearable. either my morality is incredibly low, or i personally value my own life a lot higher than the mc, but these 'internal conflicts' are incredibly illogical.
Oct 29, 2014 12:20 PM

Jan 2013
BeatzMe said:

Its just the voice, didnt consider her whiny at all.
A piece of my brain just shot out of my weiner!- Onodera Punpun
Oct 29, 2014 12:21 PM
Jun 2014
Shinichi's parents are so great. Nice to see that motherly love and also his father's joke was funny.
Oct 29, 2014 12:23 PM

Feb 2014
I hope nothing happens to his parents or I'm gonna be really mad at this.
Oct 29, 2014 12:23 PM
Nov 2010
The teacher alien had to give up from its job pretty fast. Some interesting stuff about being told to kill off the human race.
To me, Migi being able to separate and possibly switch hosts(by going into other's hand) is worrisome.
Oct 29, 2014 12:26 PM

Jan 2014
bbboi90 said:
BeatzMe said:

Its just the voice, didnt consider her whiny at all.

She started crying just because he changed his mind on their trip within a day and got a little irate at her for barging into his room, I found that a little... well...

But yeah, I think my actual problem with her is her voice. Like she was yelling with a hoarse voice or something. Felt unpleasant to listen to, for me at least.
Oct 29, 2014 12:26 PM

Jan 2013
Ok so anyone who doesnt like parasyte is a troll.

Guess ill remember that.

MFK said:
SolvitePriest said:

Fate is a bigger shoenen. Fights, and Asses

What does fate have to do with parasyte episode 4 discussion?
Oct 29, 2014 12:29 PM

Aug 2012
SolvitePriest said:
BeatzMe said:

Me too, and it's mainly her voice rubbing me the right way.
Oct 29, 2014 12:30 PM

Jan 2013
AlexTheRiot said:
SolvitePriest said:

Me too, and it's mainly her voice rubbing me the right way.

Shes a sexy mom.

Probably takes care of her man.

>on topic

I like all the girls in this show. Just not pussy boy Shinichi and his constant crying about his situation.
Oct 29, 2014 12:30 PM
Sep 2014
Animation seemed to drop significantly this episode. I did enjoy the episode overall. I wonder when Shinichi will lose the glasses and spike his hair.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2015

276 by RapidPhantom »»
May 21, 7:36 AM

» What is better? Manga or Anime?

treverse - May 13

20 by ST63LTH »»
May 21, 5:13 AM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2015

277 by lazypanda666 »»
May 18, 9:34 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2014

638 by CELEXIA_ »»
May 11, 3:40 AM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2015

381 by yarwe »»
May 3, 1:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.