Oct 26, 2014 5:24 AM

Jun 2013
The game no longer ban foreign players

their support also supports Englush now

and in some countries, like UK for example, doesn't need a VPN to play the game
TakunDesSep 29, 2018 12:32 PM

Oct 26, 2014 6:04 AM

Dec 2013
I never played Kantai Collection, but I'm willing to.

Why is Kadokawa Games preventing us overseas audience to play their game?
Oct 26, 2014 3:42 PM

Jun 2013
Apparently the game is only available for users who live in Japan. the game is region locked in Japan so it is not accessible for anyone who is outside of japan.

to play this game you either have to use VPN or proxy to bypass it. i heard from community saying that Kadokawa Games don't mind foreigners playing the game. but on the site of DDM (The site that hosted Kancolle) seems to have some strict policy regarding outsiders playing kancolle.

if you ever get banned they will copy paste a message saying you broke one of their rules and that it. they don't care and will not reply much to you since you are one of the outsiders

the game is great by the way, but it is not available in English. and those who are playing right now are always at risk of getting banned since we are not playing the game in Japan and are using proxies to bypass it

Oct 26, 2014 3:42 PM

Jan 2013
funtimesayshi said:

nobody would buy it here.
Oct 26, 2014 3:47 PM

Nov 2008
SolviteSekai said:
funtimesayshi said:

They could localize the Vita version coming to Japan in Spring.

Oct 26, 2014 3:49 PM

Jan 2013
Hoppy said:
SolviteSekai said:

They could localize the Vita version coming to Japan in Spring.

I hope they will but i honestly doubt it.

Even Grisaia has had to turn to kickstarter to get localized on steam.

Perceived western popularity is a tricky thing.

Kancolle reminds me of the Dragon Ball Z mmo that people still play to this day.

People wondered for years and years when it would come the the US and it just never did, despite Dragon Ball Z being popular as fuck here and selling console games like crazy.
Oct 27, 2014 11:21 PM
Mar 2014
Alexlung said:
You can get banned if you use API link/ Took since its like hacking the game. API bypassed KC server so you don't need to log in to play. by hacking the game it will automatically be notified by the staff's system and be at risk for getting banned

F5- too much will also get you banned if you try to do that in sortie etc.

Do not think using API is safe because its not. people who keep saying its safe doesn't know a thing about it. being lazy and forgot to update the api link after a patch will get you banned instantly.

also make sure your email doesn't show things like .uk, .ukr etc because it shows where your from

The developers on twitter already said that using API link is allowed but using tools aren't because of the hackings happened before(Abyssal Ships GET)

source : an old tweet from @kancolle_staff (look for it on their old tweets)
Oct 28, 2014 8:34 AM

Oct 2011
SolviteSekai said:
funtimesayshi said:

It's a free to play browser game.
Oct 28, 2014 10:56 AM

Jun 2013
aikido01 said:

The developers on twitter already said that using API link is allowed but using tools aren't because of the hackings happened before(Abyssal Ships GET)

source : an old tweet from @kancolle_staff (look for it on their old tweets)[/quote]

Yep, Using API sure is allowed, however if one day you forgot to update your API link and log into the game you are at risk of being banned. in the past several people got banned because they can still play the event after its over because they are using the API and forgot to update it.
TakunDesOct 28, 2014 11:00 AM

Oct 28, 2014 10:23 PM
Mar 2014
Alexlung said:
Try not to use any sort of Tools since they will send package to the server which will at some point increase the constraint on the server, which might lead to the risk of getting banned.

alot of people got banned in spring for using such tool.

What kind of tools? sorry I'm new in kancolle...
Oct 28, 2014 10:24 PM

Jan 2013
Eclairpse said:
SolviteSekai said:

it still has to make enough money from sales to sustain itself.
Oct 29, 2014 3:03 PM

Aug 2013
SolvitePriest said:
Eclairpse said:

it still has to make enough money from sales to sustain itself.

Shikihime Garden got an english release and is going probably fine (since it didn't shut down yet).
I can't see how Kancolle wouldn't do well if open for a Global scale.
Oct 30, 2014 8:22 AM

Dec 2013
DarkOkami said:
Shikihime Garden got an english release and is going probably fine (since it didn't shut down yet).
I can't see how Kancolle wouldn't do well if open for a Global scale.

Because of weird anthropomorphic World War II Japanese ships? Maybe... hehe.
Nov 2, 2014 9:10 AM

Jun 2013
Chances of the game releasing to western audience is extremely low, you can already see they are blocking IP from outside of japan which is why people like us use proxy to play 0.0

i've never enjoyed playing card games anyway, but this is the first thing that caught my attension. its a great game for people who like online strategy stimulation game.

anyway several players have asked them whether or not playing the game as foreigner will be banned, game developers said they do not mind and heres DMM response:
http://www.himeuta.net/f5-kancolle-discussion/2452-official-response-dmm-foreigners.html
TakunDesNov 2, 2014 9:28 AM

Nov 2, 2014 9:52 AM

Nov 2008
So the IP block is just them covering their ass in case of Shitkesian starts attacking the Japanese gaming industry, it makes sense and not really surprising.

Nov 2, 2014 11:49 PM

Oct 2010
Their logic is quite simple. First, having a truck full of Western weeaboos crowd an already strained server is the last thing that DMM wants. The game is hugely popular in Japan to the point where registration through a lottery system is required, and the servers are constantly full (sometimes lagging during the start of seasonal events). It's incomprehensible why they would add more players to a game that doesn't lack players.

Second, as it is a F2P game, they make most of their revenue from in-game purchases which require DMM points obtainable only through a Japanese credit card or some other loophole method. It's safe for them to assume that Westerners will spend less than Japanese gamers on a predominantly Japan-based game, so it's pointless to cater any of the precious spots to Westerners as it indirectly translates to less income.

Lastly, if you have ever played the game, the references and hints are blatant. Like wow Hime-class "Hellcat" fighters, it's like they aren't even trying to hide it anymore. The game stays in the East because people in the East can appreciate a work of art without dragging antiquated ideals from the last century into mix. Should this ever come to the West, there'll undoubtedly be good ol' 'muricans blinded by their own incompetence raising hell over why such a game is allowed to exist in the current era. Hell why not. There's already delusional feminists raging incoherently about how JRPGs sexualize women, and how the entire industry is a step back for their so-termed "equality" between the sexes.

And omake ni I hope the series never makes it here. Western weeaboos will ruin the fuck out of anything that comes to its shores. If someone wants to play kancolle that badly, there's nothing stopping him/her from jumping through the hoops and finding a way like tons of other people who are playing right now from oversees, instead of raging on forums complaining that it's not prepped, catered and spoon-fed to Westerners in Engrish. Not wanting to just means you don't want it enough. Yes I plan to import the VITA version as soon as preorders go up.

I swear to god if I'm ever forced to see my waifu Haruna-chan in the form of some abominable fatocalpyse of a weeaboo parading around cons...
Aug 14, 2015 8:19 PM
Jun 2011
HowTragic:
I understand most of that, and I play, and am perfectly happy to do so by as many of their rules as I can abide by.
That really is a terrible shame though.
I admit I started out on the WWII paranoia bandwagon too, which is why I never gave the game any attention.
Then the anime came out and I was able to humanize the characters, and if I can humanize someone, I can appreciate them.
I still get the rare twinge of morality due to coming from a family of veterans, but by and large I've gotten around it by understanding the characters as girls, not ships, and the ships as blameless for the actions of their commanders.
I found warships to be quite beautiful before I started playing, I couldn't be happier to see awesome technology, fantasy, and strategy, combined with pretty anime girls.

I wish I could see what you're afraid of. The only cosplay I've ever seen of the series is Shimakaze (you know feminism complaint bait). For God's sake, there are hundreds of other characters, just give me anyone else. Hell, I was excited with I thought I found people doing M/F teitoku, come to find out it was LoL or something like that. Give me a Kongou-class, give me a CV, any other DD, hell give me a big girl dressed as Atago or Takao! I don't even care if it's good at this point as long as I don't have to see that damn bunny.
Just so you know though, that Shimakaze was pretty hot.
I go by many names, some call me Hoshimaru, others call me Jiro or Aosou-Kun.
I believe myself a force for good, a papercrafter by trade, and one who seeks love and beauty animesque.

I am the host of the youtube show Who Would You Do?
Sep 2, 2018 6:10 AM

Aug 2014
When I was in japan i seen this game played in every arcade
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuyhevJ--fw
It was too hard for me :D I managed to play some shooters, driving games and other ;] there was also final fantasy arcade and dragoon ball too ;]
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2015

115 by Foreall908 »»
Sep 5, 2023 2:20 AM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2015

130 by Deazu »»
Aug 1, 2023 6:53 PM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2015

119 by Deazu »»
Aug 1, 2023 2:02 PM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2015

168 by Deazu »»
Jul 30, 2023 1:44 PM

Poll: » Kantai Collection: KanColle Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2015

261 by Deazu »»
Jul 30, 2023 12:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.