Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Oct 25, 2014 1:25 PM

Jul 2013
RinPriest said:
Forgetfulness said:

"Why does magic exist in Lord of the Rings ?" Because it's fantasy.
Whoa! I guess I can instantly dismiss the entire series as trash because of that one statement

While were at it, why the hell didnt Gandalf just get one of those flying 'Murican Eagles, get the stubby little boy with the ring, and make him throw the ring into the Volcano so Mordor would lose.

The Eagles were like "nah fuck that, i ain't goin' to no evil eye volcano with black-cloaked possibly-immortals riding evil dragons."
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.
Oct 25, 2014 1:27 PM

Sep 2014
RinPriest said:
Oh, I almost forgot thanks to this hype train

why did Berserker not shout like he did in the VN? I kinda miss that, here it sounds like he is just being quiet most of the time and being 'welp I have brawns but no mouth'.

May be saving it for later urrr.....scenes.
The sun is a deadly laser
Oct 25, 2014 1:28 PM

Mar 2013
Forgetfulness said:
BloodRequiem said:

See? If you work your brain a little bit, you can clearly find all the answers right in the show. Dumb secondaries...

Shh, don't encourage him. His jokes are getting old and I'd prefer he move to a new schtick before his current one becomes completely boring.

Jul 2013
Vexper said:
Apparently anyone that isn't making Saber shrines and joining the priesthood isn't allowed an opinion.

There's only like one big Saber fan among the VN readers though.

Dec 2013
Well hello MAL, I am late to the party and there is already conflicts over this fabulous episode. Honestly, if you know the Fate fanbase so well why on earth would you even express your opinion here then. Though I don't see how can anything can be expressed after this episode other than ''Wow'.

Regarding the episode, the animation was even more breathtaking. I even had chills at some scenes... How can this be so fucking beautiful?

And people really dislike this series? They are disappointed? Bored? It's shit? Meh, going to go all offensive and call in shit taste.
Oct 25, 2014 1:29 PM

Jun 2009
Pipoko said:
insan3priest said:
Yo, people. BloodRequiem isn't serious, if past experience tells me anything.

You don't say.

Come on, you could at least use the meme.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Sep 2012
Amazing animation. great OST (the one when Archer uses Caladbolg and Saber "kills" Berserker in particular) and well done pacing.Finally an animated fight that gives F/SN Bahsaka the menacing and skillful look it deserves.

I'm satisfied thus far, excited to see how they animate Caster now.

Sep 2014
Forgetfulness said:
BloodRequiem said:

Open the spoiler to see what I'm answering. Since when?
Oct 25, 2014 1:30 PM

Dec 2013
Beastly episode. I LOVED the action in this episode. So many awesome moments.
Oct 25, 2014 1:30 PM

Dec 2007
JabonHR said:
Vexper said:
Apparently anyone that isn't making Saber shrines and joining the priesthood isn't allowed an opinion.

I'd rather have a Lancer shrine than a Saber shrine. Dat blue jumpsuit mmmmmmmmm.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 25, 2014 1:31 PM

Dec 2013
JabonHR said:
Vexper said:

Pff, liking Saber is a sin here. :D
Oct 25, 2014 1:31 PM

Mar 2013
mirakura said:
Forgetfulness said:

Open the spoiler to see what I'm answering. Since when?

That wasn't for srs you numpty.
Oct 25, 2014 1:34 PM

Jun 2014
Forgetfulness said:

"Why does magic exist in Lord of the Rings ?" Because it's fantasy.
Whoa! I guess I can instantly dismiss the entire series as trash because of that one statement

Nothing in Lord of the Rings is illogical. It all makes sense within the world and is well explained. My criticisms of the way they act and fight in FSN have nothing to do with magic anyway, just simple logic.

That writer quote basically says that your magic should be well explained and make sense so that you can't just pull deus ex machinas out of your arse, not that magic shouldn't exist.

RinPriest said:
While were at it, why the hell didnt Gandalf just get one of those flying 'Murican Eagles, get the stubby little boy with the ring, and make him throw the ring into the Volcano so Mordor would lose.

That's actually explained in the world. Something like the eagles couldn't really see the threat that the rings posed to them early on and they were also at risk of falling under it's influence due to their prideful and selfish nature.
Oct 25, 2014 1:36 PM

Jul 2013
Pipoko said:
Fuck no. We all know Archer is the best servant and Rin the best master.

and I haven't read the VN. Inb4 bullshit elitist "you're not a real fan".

I'll leave now.

MAL still being MAL.

you could have just said the first part of the post by itself and it wouldn't have provoked any aggressive response
Oct 25, 2014 1:36 PM

Oct 2010
Anyways getting off that, fucking amazing episode, really action packed all the way through, great visuals, great music, just a joy to watch.
TyrelOct 25, 2014 7:15 PM
Oct 25, 2014 1:37 PM

Mar 2013
Chabe said:
Nothing in Lord of the Rings is illogical. It all makes sense within the world and is well explained.

Well technically it's from The Hobbit, but...

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/78114-the-hobbit-a-long-expected-spoiler-movie-thread/page-20#entry3985923

Chabe said:

That writer quote basically says that your magic should be well explained and make sense so that you can't just pull deus ex machinas out of your arse, not that magic shouldn't exist.

I can't even begin to comment on the irony of this statement in the context of Nasuverse.
Oct 25, 2014 1:42 PM
Nov 2011
why is archer standing on a fkin building instead of going after illya whos by herself.

Jul 2014
why do these episodes feel so short? i want more!!!!

Dec 2013
EsIjuka said:
BloodRequiem said:

So pointing out flaws of the show is trolling now? Wow this is like the Sword Art Online fanbase.

Generally if you dislike something you should just not post about it / go away. What are you even trying to accomplish?

Honestly, where did anyone see any flaws in this episode? Where? :DD
Oct 25, 2014 1:43 PM

Jul 2013
ufotable is taking animation to a whole other level
Oct 25, 2014 1:43 PM

Sep 2014
Oh, one thing I've always thought is that Ufotable goes a bit overboard with all of those ridiculous jumps. Not that I care much though, but it's kind of odd since you'd never see people jumping that high in battles against...
Oct 25, 2014 1:44 PM

Dec 2007
thanush said:
why is archer standing on a fkin building instead of going after illya whos by herself.
If he tried to go after Illya, Saber would have lost by herself. The idea of distanced cover fire is a very time tested and effective war strategy.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Feb 2014
LOL those haters votes even if i was a hater i couldn't vote this episode with 1
THIS WAS EPIC!

Saber showing why she is the King of Knights, great battle, and Archer with those nuclear arrows

Loved Rin vs Ilya, that show that Magi CAN do something in this war.
ItalodeMOct 25, 2014 1:47 PM
SCREW THE RULES, I HAVE MONEY!

Aug 2012
Amazing fight
Oct 25, 2014 1:45 PM

Aug 2009
thanush said:
Who will support Saber?

Why do you think tat Berserker would still keep fighting Saber.He has the power and speed to overpower both,especially if Archer is close by and Archer knows that,he said it himself.
Oct 25, 2014 1:45 PM

Oct 2010
BotatoPriest said:
Shintai said:
Stuff
Aside from spoilery names, let me just point out that Blood Requiem isn't being serious.
My bad I'll put a spoiler tag and yeah it seems I misunderstood Blood Requiem, but it's not just BR, I've seen other people say the samething -_-
Oct 25, 2014 1:46 PM

Sep 2014
Anyone else like that Berserker theme song? It kicked some serious ass.
Oct 25, 2014 1:47 PM

Apr 2012
FakePriest said:
thanush said:
Who will support Saber?

Why do you think tat Berserker would still keep fighting Saber.He has the power and speed to overpower both,especially if Archer is close by and Archer knows that,he said it himself.

But according to Rin, Saber is the strongest servant.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Oct 25, 2014 1:47 PM

Dec 2012
Whoa Berserker breakdancing- Holy shit.
Whoa Saber activating Excalibur- Holy shit.
Whoa Archer firing off Calagbolg II- Holy shit.

5/5
Oct 25, 2014 1:48 PM

Nov 2013
RinPriest said:
thanush said:

Maybe this is the reason why ufotable should have done fate route and shown what happens if Archer is not helping Saber fight Berserker in this scene.
^ This.
But hey, UBW is awesome..

Oct 2014
People generally should not complain about plot-holes until the show is finished. It just baits source material readers into posting spoilers.
Oct 2014
One thing I'll need to say is that the soundtrack is pretty lackluster so far. It has lacked impact. Battle themes aren't nearly as epic as in just about everything. There's some rare parts with like 5 seconds of decent background music but it's probably the biggest weakness I can think of.
Oct 25, 2014 1:49 PM

Sep 2014
FlameseeK said:
Oh, one thing I've always thought is that Ufotable goes a bit overboard with all of those ridiculous jumps. Not that I care much though, but it's kind of odd since you'd never see people jumping that high in battles against...

It was Rider. Not Cyaster
Oct 25, 2014 1:49 PM

Oct 2012
They did even better than I was expecting, this was sure on big epic fight!
Saber really was badass (and so was Rin, Berserker and even Illya). And I don't even care that most of this episode was filler.

It seems I was right when I was saying they would show all POVs, not just Shirou's one.

If following fights are even better than this then it would be pure bliss!

And now I can finally say that IS Fate/Zero sequel by Ufotable, at least they did everything to connect both shows together (mainly with Illya and Kirei scenes).

I liked those little details, like Saber holding grudge and stepping aside for a while when hearing name 'Einzbern'.

I liked the music, it was done and incorporade really well, I would say even better than in F/Z.
TyrelOct 25, 2014 7:13 PM
Oct 25, 2014 1:50 PM

Dec 2013
Pipoko said:
robis798 said:

Honestly, where did anyone see any flaws in this episode? Where? :DD

The thing is that the complaint about Archer not going after Ilya does have some weight. It's just that it starts shit by this guy because he doesn't listen to the possible explanations. I think it was because Rin realized how powerful Berserker was and wanted Archer to use what he's the strongest at - archery. Nobody knew what the enemy really was capable of.

Well that is sort of a flaw, some may consider it as one, but it's kinda explainable. And I did not see any priest abusing or harrasing anyone yet, because someone pointed out. Buy anywho, it's a very minor flaw. I was too immersed into action and jizzed so I haven't thought of it till now.
Oct 25, 2014 1:50 PM

Dec 2007
Grey-Zone said:
People generally should not complain about plot-holes until the show is finished. It just baits source material readers into posting spoilers.

I mean honestly, how do you know it's a plot whole when you don't know the entire plot for one thing lol

But ya, rabid fans aren't the only ones to blame, but people still will.
Oct 25, 2014 1:51 PM

Oct 2014
I really want to hear that track that played at the end of EP0 again, after the opening music.
Oct 25, 2014 1:51 PM

Jun 2009
If something can be explained/makes sense in-universe, it is not a flaw. Point blank.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 25, 2014 1:52 PM

Oct 2013
I'm starting to think that this particular adaptation may actually work as a sequel for Fate/Zero.

While obviously F/SN is still intended to be read/watched/dealt with before Fate/Zero, ufotable's willingness to give unlimited nods to Fate/Zero beyond what the VN described may at least allow watchers of Fate/Zero enjoy the show as a fair sequel.

The nods are usually very small, but here's a few examples thus far:
Oct 25, 2014 1:54 PM

Mar 2013
Rinth said:
I'm starting to think that this particular adaptation may actually work as a sequel for Fate/Zero.

Better get your fireproof overalls ready.

Nov 2013
Archer's smile is just too gar for me.

Apr 2014
http://gyazo.com/9d803b4ca3f601251fa36ba2744628b4

Rin doesn't know Archer's full abilities since she doesn't know who he is or really anything about him aside from the fact that he's of the Archer class, and here she basically allows him to do whatever he wants in terms of providing support.

http://gyazo.com/83b45f01f1d0b819e255f6e02850dd56

He does this smirk after nearly killing Saber in his attempt to kill Berserker.

If you're to exclude every other possible explanation, then it just comes down to Archer has plans other than the most efficient way of helping his master win the war. But what plans? Well, there's still 22 episodes to go.
ZeroDragonOct 25, 2014 1:59 PM
Oct 25, 2014 1:55 PM

Jul 2007
Rinth said:

While obviously F/SN is still intended to be read/watched/dealt with before Fate/Zero, ufotable's willingness to give unlimited nods to Fate/Zero beyond what the VN described may at least allow watchers of Fate/Zero enjoy the show as a fair sequel.

The nods are usually very small, but here's a few examples thus far:

Those nods are in VN too in fate route, just in different forms.

Its more like they are doing those things to compensate for lack of fate route since Illya, etc, are BIG mysteries in fate. So they are adding that build up here since we do not have fate adapted.
Oct 25, 2014 1:55 PM

Jul 2013
Rinth said:

Oct 25, 2014 1:56 PM

Oct 2013
fst said:
Rinth said:

Better get your fireproof overalls ready.

This show has already ceased being a pure VN adaptation, but in a good way.

F/SN was written before F/Z, so inevitably there will be many things later conceived in F/Z that cannot be referenced in F/SN. However, ufotable seems to be creative enough to fill those gaps now.
Oct 25, 2014 1:56 PM

Apr 2010
Rinth said:

Oct 25, 2014 1:58 PM

Oct 2014
Episodes need to be longer...
16 min felt like 5 min. xD

Lives up to its Hype until now :D
Oct 25, 2014 2:00 PM

Dec 2013
RinPriest said:
Shrimperor said:
Episodes need to be longer...
16 min felt like 5 min. xD

Lives up to its Hype until now :D

Now you know how it felt to watch attack on titan while it was still airing.

I would have killed myself if AoT was airing right now and I had to watch it weekly. :D
Oct 25, 2014 2:01 PM
Oct 2014
Hmm, Ilya is what, 4 foot 4? Yeah that's pretty short. I believe it's average height for 9-year-olds or something.
Pages (21) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2750 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

707 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 14, 1:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.