Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 25, 2014 12:31 PM

Aug 2014
Chabe said:
chickenonthepan said:

Yeah, an Archer just has to stay close so enemy can close in when he is reloading. Brilliant.

A real archer can fire around 12 shots per minute with a longbow, a superpowered servant should be able to fire even more. Anyway, who said anything about him being close enough to be hit by the berserker?
It's not like Saber is just going to let him be attack, they really didn't use their two servant advantage at all.

As was clearly seen, his "normal" shots did nothing.
Oct 25, 2014 12:33 PM

Aug 2009
Chabe said:
chickenonthepan said:

Yeah, an Archer just has to stay close so enemy can close in when he is reloading. Brilliant.

A real archer can fire around 12 shots per minute with a longbow, a superpowered servant should be able to fire even more. Anyway, who said anything about him being close enough to be hit by the berserker?
It's not like Saber is just going to let him be attack, they really didn't use their two servant advantage at all.

You saw how effective Archer's attacks were right?You saw Berserker's speed right?AND you saw Archer's comment about his power right?

Archer class strong point:long range attacks+planning.Unless if you have giant ego.

Jan 2014
Chabe said:
chickenonthepan said:

So instead of having Saber take care of him, he could just go far away and fire as he wants? Saber could not fight properly when she has to take care of Archer also.

Your logic falls short. :))

Dec 2007
Chabe said:

How is distanced cover fire not the optimal strategy? That's one of the best strategies ever invented.......

Beginning of the episode:
"That servant could face the other 6 alone".
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2018
Rin's face looked a lot better than last 3 episodes:

I love making gifs!
Oct 25, 2014 12:34 PM

Jan 2014
BloodRequiem said:

It did nothing against the big black dude. If he aimed for the albino midget he would have killed her right there instead of going through the hassle of climbing a building. Obvious plothole.

Your trolling is getting boring...
Oct 25, 2014 12:34 PM

Aug 2014
SO FUCKING GOOD
A guide to living with that one guys ugly signature on MAL.

1. See that SullyNathan has posted last in thread, abort thread.
2. After clicking quick reply, close eyes and type out reply.
3. Try to scroll as far down as possible before replying if you prefer to keep your eyes open.
4. Report said signature for being offensive to the eyes.
5. See he is active in thread, scroll through thread while trying not to have eyes burned, sigh, click back & lose interest.
6. Move to another part of MAL forums where he does not visit.
MAL Jesus where are you?
Oct 25, 2014 12:36 PM

Jul 2008
BloodRequiem said:
Ketuekigami said:

Everyone, its clear that this guy is trolling, or decided he doesn't like the anime already. So there's no amount of reasonable explanation that will answer his questions, even if they do ACTUALLY answer his questions.

Wow this rabid Fate fanboyism has started already. Can't a man point out some plotholes around here without getting flamed? God.

Complains that people don't fight realistically.
Berskers should not fight like wild animals.
Archers should stay close to their targets, preferably where a sword can reach him easily.

Not to mention that this user is one of those kinds who come to various forums with a suitcase filled with baits in wishes to attract fanboys of all kinds. He is a troll through and through, which gets clear if you check his posts on other forums.
Oct 25, 2014 12:37 PM

Jan 2014
It's funny how Chabe just throws out some low lvl bait and gets half the thread and priests to bite. He should just be ignored.
Oct 25, 2014 12:38 PM

Dec 2007
BeatzMe said:
It's funny how Chabe just throws out some low lvl bait and gets half the thread and priests to bite. He should just be ignored.

But but, the internet, and he's wrong, and and if he says it on the internet and no one corrects him its the truth!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 25, 2014 12:39 PM

Jun 2014
InsertPriestHere said:

Nothing to Berserker, but the master isn't as immortal as the servant.
Anyway, someone pm'd me the explanation which I'm still not very happy with but it explains some of it.
Oct 25, 2014 12:39 PM

Apr 2014
words can not tell how epic that was. i really liked the ost this eps. after this i stopped reading ubw but next eps
now i have to wait another painful week
Oct 25, 2014 12:40 PM

Aug 2009
Chabe said:
InsertPriestHere said:

Nothing to Berserker, but the master isn't as immortal as the servant.
It's like you ignored most of what was said here.

I will take the advice or the other users.
Oct 25, 2014 12:42 PM

Apr 2012
that animation holy fuck
so gewd

stay consistent pls

Oct 25, 2014 12:42 PM

Mar 2013
Chabe said:
FakePriest said:

Archer said that he can only sense Rin's location...or there may be another reason.

Then don't go miles away ¬.¬ Anyway, I thought he had awesome eyesight?

FakePriest said:
What actual combat practice do you except in a fight with a Berserker?

The idea that "berserkers" fought like mindless brutes is itself an asinine belief.
Even if that were the case, Saber didn't fight with any semblance of skill either.

I don't think you understand that this universe has a different set of mechanics than ours. No shit there's not an ounce of "real combat practice".

Also, the whole point of the Berserker class is the mad enhancement, which trades sanity for a powerup.
Oct 25, 2014 12:45 PM

Apr 2014
Zeally said:
that animation holy fuck
so gewd

stay consistent pls
it will this is based ufotable
Oct 25, 2014 12:45 PM

Mar 2013
I've been re-watching the fights like 5 times already. The animation is too godly, and so is the OST.
Oct 25, 2014 12:46 PM

Nov 2013
I don't think Berserker will let Illya get hit if her life is actually threatened.
Oct 25, 2014 12:49 PM

Jan 2011
InsertPriestHere said:
Kuremisago said:
Hnnnng

Also, this is kinda funny:

What are they saying?

Sorry, was rewatching
He says it was a gas explosion

Oct 25, 2014 12:53 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This has some film level animation, specially those combat sequences between Saber and Berserk. Holy crap. You can really tell where the budget is going on this show. Most impressed.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 25, 2014 12:53 PM

Oct 2014
Awesome!

So he didn't go full retarded in this one, nice!
Oct 25, 2014 12:56 PM

Sep 2014
Quite a few good scenes that weren't in the novel. I didn't expect the battle to last that long. Great episode!

I still think they could have portrayed Berserker a little better, but that's ok. And wasn't Shirou supposed to protect - that is, cover - Saber from the blast with his own body in this scene? I kind of missed that, it would have looked like a really Shirou-esque thing to do. It definitely would have made him look cooler. On the flip side, Shirou coughing blood at the end was awesome.
Oct 25, 2014 12:57 PM

Apr 2014
Awesome episode! The fight was glorious as expected. I like the addition of the new scenes with Kirei and
, and Rin and Illya. Shirou's reputation was certainly helped in this episode as well.
Oct 25, 2014 12:57 PM

Nov 2012
Animation and sound effects from magic per exemple were beyound great 10/5.
Oct 25, 2014 12:59 PM

Jun 2009
FlameseeK said:
I still think they could have portrayed Berserker a little better, but that's ok.

I honestly don't know how you couldn't be happy with Berserker's portrayal. He may be even more intimidating here than in the VN.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 25, 2014 1:00 PM

Jun 2014
RinPriest said:
I know the answer to your question. How ever if I answer it, it would be full of spoilers. It's like asking me to answer "Why the hell is the Ginger-Boy such a goody-two-shoes, why cant this guy just act normally and stuff". So I cant really answer this 3 episodes in. If you are still unhappy with the explanation, I will answer it properly after we get at least 16 episodes in.

The explanations have been pm'd to me already and though I understand them I don't find them satisfying. They still don't explain all of the stupid decisions of the masters and servants and their lack of martial ability. Also, if the anime never bothers to explain these things then it'll be a terrible adaptation and won't really stand up on its own.
Oct 25, 2014 1:02 PM

Dec 2011
Ohh man THAT EPISODE,I loved it from beginning to end,The fights,the OST the EVERYTHING. Also those two Original scenes with Illya fighting and Kotomine in the Church were nice.

Unlimited/5

Also for VN readers:
"Both love and happiness are the same as the air. Even though it fills the world, if you don't understand it, it's the same as if it doesn't exist." -ΛΔ

"Without love, it cannot be seen."

"Whatever you do, enjoy it to the fullest. Thats is the secret of life." -Rider (Fate/Zero)

Oct 25, 2014 1:05 PM

Jan 2011
Alfadios said:
Ohh man THAT EPISODE,I loved it from beginning to end,The fights,the OST the EVERYTHING. Also those two Original scenes with Illya fighting and Kotomine in the Church were nice.

Unlimited/5

Also for VN readers:

Oct 25, 2014 1:05 PM

Jul 2011
Hmmmm...
Oct 25, 2014 1:07 PM

Nov 2013
jaggery said:
Hmmmm...
Rank A, as Rin stated.
Oct 25, 2014 1:08 PM

Nov 2013
I've come to the realisation that the Fate fanbase could quite possibly be worse than the SnK, Akame ga Kill, Mahouka and SAO fanbases combined. Heck even the guys in the Kuroko threads can string a simple sentence together without trivialising opposing points.

Apparently anyone that isn't making Saber shrines and joining the priesthood isn't allowed an opinion. You're all like rabid attack dogs, it would be amusing if it wasn't outright alarming. Don't think I've ever witnessed this magnitude of autism in any other series.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Oct 25, 2014 1:09 PM

Sep 2014
Vexper said:
I've come to the realisation that the Fate fanbase could quite possibly be worse than the SnK, Akame ga Kill, Mahouka and SAO fanbases combined. Heck even the guys in the Kuroko threads can string a simple sentence together without trivialising opposing points.

Apparently anyone that isn't making Saber shrines and joining the priesthood isn't allowed an opinion. You're all like rabid attack dogs, it would be amusing if it wasn't outright alarming. Don't think I've ever witnessed this magnitude of autism in any other series.

Looooooooooooooool. But still, the Rin's fags are much more outspoken. :V
The sun is a deadly laser
Oct 25, 2014 1:10 PM

Apr 2012
Chabe said:
Zeally said:
>fantasy anime

>complains about realistic combat

>retarded or troll

Apparently fantasy requires no grounding in reality. All logic should be just thrown out of the window.

A writer once said "If you have to explain something illogical with 'it's fantasy' or 'it's fiction' then you're doing a terrible job." Stuff should still make sense and fit the world in which the story takes place, otherwise you're just spamming deus ex machinas.

I give a lot of leeway for these type of shows. I find these criticisms to be asinine at best, and I'm not even one of the circle jerking priests. What is there not get about noble phantasms? It's just an ability that each hero has.

Mod Edit: No need to add a slur in your writing
TyrelOct 25, 2014 7:27 PM

Oct 25, 2014 1:11 PM
Jul 2018
Berserker is one tough opponent. The fight between Saber and Berserker was pretty epic.
Oct 25, 2014 1:12 PM

Oct 2014
Excellent episode, animation, soundtrack, battles were epic as hell.

Fate isnt just hype, this actually might end up as anime of the year. Its a strong contender along with Hunter x Hunter, Parasyte and Aldnoah Zero.

Oct 25, 2014 1:13 PM

Mar 2013
Chabe said:
Zeally said:
>fantasy anime

>complains about realistic combat

>retarded or troll

Apparently fantasy requires no grounding in reality. All logic should be just thrown out of the window.

A writer once said "If you have to explain something illogical with 'it's fantasy' or 'it's fiction' then you're doing a terrible job." Stuff should still make sense and fit the world in which the story takes place, otherwise you're just spamming deus ex machinas.

The concepts of the Nasuverse escape you completely, don't they?

Anyway enough punching a brick wall, please do tell us what else you hated about this shitty anime.
Oct 25, 2014 1:13 PM

Sep 2014
y123y said:
Can Rin please change her hairstyle.... please...

Lol, nah. DBI
Oct 25, 2014 1:14 PM

Jul 2013
That berserker is as OP as ever I see
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Oct 25, 2014 1:14 PM

Oct 2012
I could feel my brain scraping at the back of my eyes wanting to be released from watching this torment.
Oct 25, 2014 1:16 PM

Jul 2009
mirakura said:
CookingPriest said:

DAT BAHSAKA~

DEM SKILLZ~

They actually surprised me at the time. Glorious mad man doing glorious thinking..

bare handed bahsacar is even more dangerous than the armed one...
it is over 9000!
bruh
Oct 25, 2014 1:21 PM

Sep 2014
y123y said:
mirakura said:

Lol, nah. DBI

She should change it to a ponytail

Don't worry, [spoiler]more ponytails in the future.Not on Rin's part tho..
Oct 25, 2014 1:22 PM

Apr 2012
Forgetfulness said:
Chabe said:

Must have been some retarded writer.

"Why does magic exist in Lord of the Rings ?" Because it's fantasy.
Whoa! I guess I can instantly dismiss the entire series as trash because of that one statement. As for actually being grounded in a universe's rules, I am fairly confident that the Nasuverse rules weren't broken in this episode.

lord of the rings confirmed shit for magic plotholes

Oct 25, 2014 1:22 PM

Feb 2013
Welp, I just came. Gonna hibernate till next week now I guess...
Oct 25, 2014 1:23 PM

Apr 2012
Forgetfulness said:
Chabe said:

Must have been some retarded writer.

"Why does magic exist in Lord of the Rings ?" Because it's fantasy.
Whoa! I guess I can instantly dismiss the entire series as trash because of that one statement. As for actually being grounded in a universe's rules, I am fairly confident that the Nasuverse rules weren't broken in this episode.

Anyway, I've looked through the threads and I'm pretty sure people have given reasons for your questions.
BloodRequiem said:

When fanboys stop calling people who find plotholes trolls.
Which plotholes are we referring to?

[spoiler]
>Why didn't Saber recognize Diarmuid
>Why didn't Diarmuid use his lovespot to charm Rin on the roof
>Why is Diarmuid wearing blue instead of green
>What happened to Diarmuid's yellow lance? he should be resummoned with 2 of them
>Why did Archer dye his hair white?
>Why didn't Saber recognize Lancelot
>Why did Lancelot get fat?
>Why did Illya summon Lancelot?
>Why didn't Lancelot wear his armour
>Why didn't Lancelot just corrupt Excalibur when Saber stabbed his hand?
>Why didn't the residents call 911 when the explosions happened?
>Why didn't Archer just get on his plane and carpet bomb Berserker like he did in F/Z?
>Why didn't Archer just shoot Illya?
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Oct 25, 2014 1:23 PM

Nov 2013
I think this was the best anime episode of this season, at least action-wise. SUCH good action moments. Can't wait until Emiya develops (learns the truth about the past/characters and becomes useful in battle).
Oct 25, 2014 1:24 PM

Sep 2014
insan3priest said:
FlameseeK said:
I still think they could have portrayed Berserker a little better, but that's ok.

I honestly don't know how you couldn't be happy with Berserker's portrayal. He may be even more intimidating here than in the VN.

I don't know. I've always thought of him as a bigger brute, though not that much bigger otherwise he would look kinda ridiculous lol. And while his design is indeed faithful, I believe it could be more polished - e.g. his "skirt" looks kinda weird. I'd say he's the least polished servant in terms of design. The episode was still great anyway.

Oct 2012
R.I.P Emiya Shirou

Jun 2009
I can't believe someone wants to change Rin's already perfect character design. Madness.

Also, no more LoTR talk please....
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Jul 2014
Got to see Gil, alright 10/5.
Pages (21) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by oilapqoi »»
Today, 12:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

707 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 14, 1:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.