Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 25, 2014 11:50 AM

Jul 2007
Tsundereppoi said:

> works out
> still gets dominated by a girl

These two need to have sex

O wait...

Well its a general rule of the whole universe that you to be a magus you need to be built as fuck, because doing magic is extremely tiring and hard procedure(you sort of see it when Shirou tries tracing first in EP1 where a failed attempt makes him sweat and catch breath and how Rin after summoning Archer wakes up with splitting headache).

We have seen that already in the Ep0 where Rin was quite easily pushing away the table in her summoning chamber.

So yes, it is a fair assumption that Rin is a wee bit more stronger than your average female(or male)

a
Marcusboy said:
looks awsome, but wasn't shirou supposed to get chopped up in half?

Not in this route.

Having Archer be there to help with things really is worth a lot.
Oct 25, 2014 11:51 AM

Sep 2010
Ah, this episode was the greatest.
Oct 25, 2014 11:51 AM

Jan 2014
CookingPriest said:

Well its a general rule of the whole universe that you to be a magus you need to be built as fuck, because doing magic is extremely tiring and hard procedure(you sort of see it when Shirou tries tracing first in EP1 where a failed attempt makes him sweat and catch breath and how Rin after summoning Archer wakes up with splitting headache).

We have seen that already in the Ep0 where Rin was quite easily pushing away the table in her summoning chamber.

So yes, it is a fair assumption that Rin is a wee bit more stronger than your average female(or male)

Question: does Rin have six packs?
Oct 25, 2014 11:52 AM

Oct 2014
Marcusboy said:

Only happens in the other 2 routes, where Archer was critically wounded by Saber at Shirou's house

....and in bad endings.
Oct 25, 2014 11:53 AM

Jul 2007
chickenonthepan said:
CookingPriest said:

Question: does Rin have six packs?

Not that much stronger I bet xDDDD

That would be stretching it quite a bit. But she is quite built for a female...in all the right assets as we already seen.
Oct 25, 2014 11:54 AM

Feb 2014

Holy Shit.

My jaw was dropped the entire time! BERSERKER!!!!!! :w00t: In the VN I just could not tell how fast they were moving, this is truly a fight between demigods! In the VN you could tell they were going fast, but Berserker never appeared to me to be that fast. I mean he was as fast as Saber! Fucking badass!

And then Saber!? My lady!!!!! Best sword fighter around, she fucked up Berserker with her mini-Excalibur attack, but too bad his Noble Phantasm is basically "9 lives" otherwise, that would have been an instant kill.

Then Archer's arrows. That was so badass! Archer definitely showed why he's called Archer! And I was just waiting for his last one to be shot, I loved that part in the VN. Archer is a force to be reckoned with.

Probably my favorite part was the inclusion of Ilya vs Rin. I do not believe that was in the VN, I do not remember that at all. The battle between two high class mages!? Yes please! I never fully understood Ilya's offensive attacks, so it was nice to see them animated. Makes much more sense now. She has a high dependency on familiars it seems. Also Rin's anti-gravity attack on Berserker was fucking sick! Then followed by Archer's arrows!? Dear lord.

Then Shirou coming in clutch at the end was good! They did a good job of showing his resolve to fight. "Doing anything is better than doing nothing."

Finally the animation. It is godly! There was never a dull moment. ufotable animated this segment up and beyond then what it was originally suppose to be. Even if they did half of what they did, it would have been awesome, but they really show just how intense and destructive these fights truly are.

Also the Kotomine scene took me by surprise because it wasn't in the VN, but I liked it. We need more insight on Kotomine since the Fate route hasn't been animated. I don't mind the extra tidbits with him, I hope we see more. I love Kotomine!
Oct 25, 2014 11:54 AM

Oct 2013
The fights in this are fucking awesome!!! This episode rocked.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Oct 25, 2014 11:55 AM

Jun 2009
Holy shit, when Berserk let go of the sword and starting kicking Saber......awesome moment. Like the new addition of the Rin/Illya fight as well, I never got why they didn't go after Illya during this battle in the VN so it was cool. Also, the glimpse of Saber's sword was pretty neat as well. I'm not sure if Shirou or Rin saw it, but maybe that's how they'll find out her identity here?
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Apr 2010
InsertPriestHere said:

F*cking Horriblesubs. -.-

Your hate is directed at the wrong source, as HS doesn't actually sub anything.

Oct 2014
meanwhile at studio DEEN:

"Ahhh... so THIS is how servants are supposed to fight? ehehehhe... SHIT, what have we done?"

antonn said:

But... they are a fansub group!
Oct 25, 2014 11:56 AM
Feb 2014
Grey-Zone said:
Marcusboy said:

Only happens in the other 2 routes.

....and bad endings.

crie

so this is going to have a different story between shirou and saber i guess, meh, loved the things between them.
Oct 25, 2014 11:56 AM

Jul 2007
antonn said:

Yeah its aniplex mistakes.

Not that CR is better considering they can't differentiate between Church and MA either.

Marcusboy said:

so this is going to have a different story between shirou and saber i guess, meh, loved the things between them.

Its more of story of Shirou, Rin and Archer. They are THE main important characters in this storyline as the show so far has quite clearly showcased.
Oct 25, 2014 11:59 AM

Aug 2014
antonn said:
InsertPriestHere said:

F*cking Horriblesubs. -.-

Uuuuh. Well then.
That's arguably worse, though. How half-assed.
Oct 25, 2014 12:00 PM

Sep 2014
LoomyTheBrew said:

>Glorious fluff
>Computer fucked up

Welp, time to re watch the episode :D
The sun is a deadly laser
Oct 25, 2014 12:02 PM

Jun 2013
DAT was freaking epic. I WANT MORE.

Jun 2014
A fight to the death with an archer who can snipe from miles away?
Yeah, let's only go for the servant and not the master.

The fights are well animated but mind-numbingly dumb. There's not an ounce of real combat practice anywhere in this series. It's worse than Hollywood for retarded combat tropes.

May 2014
mirakura said:
LoomyTheBrew said:

>Glorious fluff
>Computer fucked up

I repeat what I said after I saw OP for first time. Why do I feel that I am watching fate adaptation instead of UBW? XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 25, 2014 12:03 PM
Feb 2014
Marcusboy said:

Its more of story of Shirou, Rin and Archer. They are THE main important characters in this storyline as the show so far has quite clearly showcased. [/quote]
awhhh, my hopes we're on it being like the first Fate/stay night version but maybe with a different ending :(

May 2013
That was a great battle. Animation's awesome as always.

Mar 2011
BloodRequiem said:
WTF huge plothole.

What happened to Berserker's armour and why didn't he just grab Excalibur and make it his own?

Doesn't make sense at all.

This is not the same Berserker from f/0.
Oct 25, 2014 12:04 PM

Sep 2013
Sparteh said:
mirakura said:

>Glorious fluff
>Computer fucked up

I repeat what I said after I saw OP for first time. Why do I feel that I am watching fate adaptation instead of UBW? XD

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't this happen in UBW?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 25, 2014 12:05 PM

Sep 2013
Yes, this happens in UBW.
Oct 25, 2014 12:06 PM

Aug 2014
Marcusboy said:
Marcusboy said:

Its more of story of Shirou, Rin and Archer. They are THE main important characters in this storyline as the show so far has quite clearly showcased.

awhhh, my hopes we're on it being like the first Fate/stay night version but maybe with a different ending :([/quote]
No, it's a completely different route.

Nov 2013
Gotta hand it to Ufotable, they doing work with the visuals. I'm pretty fond of all the little particle effects they did with the magic.

I was hoping for a second when Kirei was talking that Berserker would come flying through the church window and crash out the other side :D
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include

Jul 2007
Marcusboy said:

awhhh, my hopes we're on it being like the first Fate/stay night version but maybe with a different ending :(

THe way FSN is structured, only prologue is the same for all routes. (The EP0 and Ep1), then all three routes are entirely different stories.
Oct 25, 2014 12:07 PM

Feb 2013
Grey-Zone said:
meanwhile at studio DEEN:

"Ahhh... so THIS is how servants are supposed to fight? ehehehhe... SHIT, what have we done?"

This pretty much nailed it.

Oct 25, 2014 12:09 PM

May 2014
mickdrew_99 said:
Sparteh said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't this happen in UBW?

I know that. I know stories of all routes, but still that feeling does not disappear. :D
Oct 25, 2014 12:11 PM
Oct 2013
DAMN that battle was intense and epic!!! 100/5

Have to wait another week (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Oct 25, 2014 12:13 PM

Sep 2014

Ilya does swordz in SN as well, so Ilya is best onee-chanimouto
TyrelOct 25, 2014 7:58 PM
Oct 25, 2014 12:14 PM
Jul 2018
RinPriest said:

No, Saber X Shirou would be the fate route, if you wish for anything more to be said would be a spoiler from me.

I think he is doing it wrong watching fate series for some kind of horrid romance.. Not that I mind it..
Oct 25, 2014 12:15 PM

Aug 2009
Chabe said:

The fights are well animated but mind-numbingly dumb. There's not an ounce of real combat practice anywhere in this series. It's worse than Hollywood for retarded combat tropes.
-
Archer said that he can only sense Rin's location...or there may be another reason.

What actual combat practice do you except in a fight with a Berserker?
Oct 25, 2014 12:17 PM

Jul 2007
FakePriest said:
Chabe said:

-
Archer said that he can only sense Rin's location...or there may be another reason.

This.

Archer can home-in on servants, but Masters are blind, unless he actually SEES where they are - if he is not in sight of Illya, he can do nothing, while he can feel locations of servants. As already said in EP0 servants can feel servants even if invisible, unlike servants to masters or masters to servants.
Oct 25, 2014 12:18 PM

Mar 2014
1000000/5 !! holy shit the fight was intense , godlike ost and animation
and dat ARCHER!!!!
Oct 25, 2014 12:19 PM

Nov 2012
hnnnng this was so goooood, god damn
the whole fight
and especially archer's NF in the end. archer is love <3

Dec 2007
FakePriest said:
Chabe said:

-

Ya, you cant really use traditional fighting techniques against someone who is faster than you, can kill you with a touch, and does random things.

It's like he completely forgot about episode 0 fight also.

Jun 2014
FakePriest said:
Chabe said:

Then don't go miles away ¬.¬ Anyway, I thought he had awesome eyesight?

FakePriest said:

The idea that "berserkers" fought like mindless brutes is itself an asinine belief.
Even if that were the case, Saber didn't fight with any semblance of skill either.
Oct 25, 2014 12:20 PM

Jun 2009
I always thought Saber taking the fight to the graveyard where she has a natural advantage was a pretty smart idea at least. Rin trying to take out Ilya as well, though this wasn't in the VN.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 25, 2014 12:22 PM

Apr 2012
FakePriest said:
InsertPriestHere said:
He means Archer not sniping Ilya.

The guy has a point. Why didn't Archer just go on his plane

[spoiler] like he did in Fate Zero and carpet bomb the place? I mean that was how he fought Berserker 10 years ago right? It makes no sense.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Oct 25, 2014 12:22 PM

Aug 2014
FakePriest said:
InsertPriestHere said:
He means Archer not sniping Ilya.

I noticed, hence why it was deleted. :p

And everyone else already explained that one.
Oct 25, 2014 12:23 PM

Dec 2007
Chabe said:

The idea that "berserkers" fought like mindless brutes is itself an asinine belief.
Even if that were the case, Saber didn't fight with any semblance of skill either.

"Just because he is a berserker class and literally has no thought about his actions doesn't mean he needs to fight that way. He is a strong independent servant who doesn't need you to tell him what he can and can't do"

/thread
Oct 25, 2014 12:23 PM

Jul 2007
Chabe said:

Ranged fight is his advantage. And he can still hit servants. When he went there, they had no idea that Illya can actually fight back that well by herself. And if there are obstacles he can't see her or masters, while he can still feel locations of servants.

Berserkers might not fight like mindless brutes, but Berserker class does. That's the point of it.

Saber used location to her advantage, hid behind tombstones as a way to dodge his attacks. How is that not skillful fighting? Its pretty much all you can do against someone who is entirely random at attacking.
Oct 25, 2014 12:24 PM

Jun 2014
RinPriest said:
Chabe said:

This really isnt a spoiler but Archers clairyvoyance is only at rank C

so he cannot see through objects (and certainly not through time), and considering Illya is moving around in a giant forest...

That doesn't explain why he didn't fire at the foreigner with the retarded name near the start of the fight.
That just explains why their decision to send him miles away was retarded.
Oct 25, 2014 12:25 PM

Sep 2014
The extra stuff were majestic. I wonder what the secondaries will say now :3
Oct 25, 2014 12:25 PM

Sep 2012
Berserker : Tatsumaki qcb+K
Oh god who are you people?
Oct 25, 2014 12:26 PM

Jan 2014
Chabe said:
RinPriest said:

This really isnt a spoiler but Archers clairyvoyance is only at rank C

so he cannot see through objects (and certainly not through time), and considering Illya is moving around in a giant forest...

That doesn't explain why he didn't fire at the foreigner with the retarded name near the start of the fight.

Yeah, an Archer just has to stay close so enemy can close in when he is reloading. Brilliant.
Oct 25, 2014 12:26 PM

Aug 2009
Chabe said:
FakePriest said:

FakePriest said:

The bridge wasnt miles away and didnt have a forent in between.And the objective was to be support for Saber.

Berserker class has nothing to do with actual berserkers.In Fzte/ it means it is someone with literally no sane thoughts and no specialized movements.

She used the terrain,her weight, TWO NPs, her small body for an advantage in close combat etc.
What exactly does "true combat skills" mean to you?
Oct 25, 2014 12:27 PM

Jan 2011
Hnnnng

Also, this is kinda funny:

Oct 25, 2014 12:27 PM

Dec 2007
Chabe said:

Everyone, its clear that this guy is trolling, or decided he doesn't like the anime already. So there's no amount of reasonable explanation that will answer his questions, even if they do ACTUALLY answer his questions.
Oct 25, 2014 12:30 PM

Jun 2014
chickenonthepan said:
Chabe said:

Yeah, an Archer just has to stay close so enemy can close in when he is reloading. Brilliant.

A real archer can fire around 12 shots per minute with a longbow, a superpowered servant should be able to fire even more. Anyway, who said anything about him being close enough to be hit by the berserker?
It's not like Saber is just going to let him be attack, they really didn't use their two servant advantage at all.
Oct 25, 2014 12:30 PM

Aug 2014
Kuremisago said:
Hnnnng

Also, this is kinda funny:

What are they saying?
Pages (21) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by oilapqoi »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

707 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 14, 1:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.