Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 25, 2014 6:00 PM

Jan 2013
That went by pretty fast. Im surprised this seems like a straight forward in game quest
Oct 25, 2014 6:04 PM

Feb 2011
If this turns out as in the poem Þrymskviða from Norse mythology... AHAHAHAHA, I am so looking forward to the next episodes! XD

Oct 25, 2014 6:36 PM

Jan 2014
Well done episode. Damn, again it felt like 5minutes....

That fight scene with swordland in background was epic.

I would love to see animated Caliber failure side, where Klein didnt save this girl, that would be awesome as well...

So, time to torture myself one more week again, till next episode, ehh...
Oct 25, 2014 6:42 PM

Apr 2014
HollowIchigo58 said:
Its Jason Voorhees from Friday the 13th.
LoL, nice catch! :D
---------My Profile------------
Oct 25, 2014 6:47 PM

Dec 2013
Poor Asuna, became obsolete thanks to the NPC. I can't wait to see what new tricks GodKirito will bring us in the next episode.
Oct 25, 2014 6:53 PM

Aug 2014
Nice, just how much games and shows are getting influenced by Mythology. As an analogy to World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King, this episode reminded me of an equally influenced raid with that culture, Ulduar.
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Oct 25, 2014 6:58 PM
Apr 2014
Qans said:
This is retarded. Am i supposed to care if a game map is destroyed? ITS A G A M E fuck outta here with that shit. This anime is going down the drain please no season 3. And CookingPriest and others out here in another thread telling me how great this half will be.. Lmao

Uhhh... they were talking about MR that comes after Caliber.

Caliber is a mini arc and its just a solid 7, that's it.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Oct 25, 2014 7:04 PM

Oct 2012
I find it hard to believe they would go all that way for an npc
RRRRRRRRRR
Oct 25, 2014 7:14 PM

Jul 2008
Qans said:
This is retarded. Am i supposed to care if a game map is destroyed? ITS A G A M E fuck outta here with that shit. This anime is going down the drain please no season 3. And CookingPriest and others out here in another thread telling me how great this half will be.. Lmao

Yeah because no death threat = bad show.
Grow up kid, not everything have to be about people putting their life on the line to be enjoyable.
Oct 25, 2014 7:32 PM

Jun 2014
Shangetsu said:
Qans said:

Grow up kid, not everything have to be about people putting their life on the line to be enjoyable.

Not everything yes but that was essentially the whole premise of this show, drastically changing it is stupid to me
Oct 25, 2014 7:44 PM

May 2014
So let me get this straight. This is an MMO where:

- the game may arbitrarily decide to have its map implode
- there are no real backups of the game world
- the staff hasn't bothered to check the system thoroughly enough to realize this possibility
- the GMs aren't always on call, even though this game uses the same software as the infamous SAO

I can picture it now.
"Hey, something strange is going on. I'm trapped inside the game and can't log out."
"It is currently outside support hours. Please send your query during regular support hours."

And, yes, I know that they don't understand how it works because didn't build it from a scratch. But here's the thing: if you don't understand how it works, don't use it! Especially if it's software from an infamous death trap known to be full of surprises.

To begin with, there's no way this would realistically be legal after the SAO incident. Safer hardware or not, the following mass hysteria would have had it banned for years, if not decades. But that's more of a side note, I guess.
Oct 25, 2014 7:45 PM

Aug 2013
Haven't read the light novel but

Oct 25, 2014 7:53 PM

Dec 2011
If we could have more battles like that
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 25, 2014 8:01 PM

Sep 2014
So far, they have been adapting Jotunheimr decently. I was visualizing Thrym's boss room (fourth floor) as more square shaped when I was reading the light novel, and not as a hall (as adapted in this anime).

Couple of stills spotted. Winced at the couple of instances of filler talk.

Not much else to say here.

This episode was mediocre at best 3/5.
I don't consider myself a good judge.

trying not to be an obnoxious otaku
Oct 25, 2014 8:09 PM

Jul 2014
That was a good eps ... I think ??

Glad to see Kirito harem in action.
Oct 25, 2014 8:49 PM

Mar 2014
I laughed at the Klein part where all the girls immediately said it was a trap.
The fight scene as awesome with the OST and all even if it was kinda a rip-off of the fight from season 1.
Calibur arc is gonna end next week so let's see how it ends.
Zanos1Oct 25, 2014 8:55 PM
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Oct 25, 2014 9:25 PM

Jul 2008
Qans said:
Shangetsu said:

Not everything yes but that was essentially the whole premise of this show, drastically changing it is stupid to me

And I don't remember that premise changing.

Aincrad arc was about putting your life on the line to survive a death game.
Fairy dance was about stopping a madman using people's life as a tools to gain money, power and fame.
Gun Gale Online was about stopping a group of murderer indiscriminately killing people.
While the next arc, Mother's Rosario, will not as action heavy as the other arcs it will also be a story about people struggling against death to live, picturing how really powerless our group of protagonist is.

This arc, in term of length, isn't even a volume long. It's a side story that is meant to be lighter than the rest of the story. Every story need some kind of relief, you need to see the characters living in the light to truly appreciate the deepness when it's dark.

When people told you to expect great thing after GGO, they never meant this arc, they either meant Mother's Rosario or Alicization. Mother's Rosario will start in two episodes starting from this one. Alicization, while being the best arc by a ridiculous margin, probably won't be adapted because of it's sheer size.

Mother's Rosario won't be an action packed arc and it'll feature a lot of scene from the real world but it's also one of the heaviest character development arc in the entire novel. It might not be to your taste either way.
Oct 25, 2014 9:33 PM

Jun 2013
Klein annoys me.
Oct 25, 2014 9:48 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Kirito telling Klein to not give Yui any ideas xD

Kirito's expression when he saw the final boss pretty much said it all. "What have we gotten ourselves into."

Good to see Asuna show off her sword skills. Been a while since we've seen her do that.

Oct 25, 2014 10:11 PM

Jan 2009
the battle scenes is not much well done as the first season, is this even made by the same team as season 1?
Oct 25, 2014 10:21 PM

Oct 2013
SweetKotomi said:

Good to see Asuna show off her sword skills. Been a while since we've seen her do that.

Oh, you are so going to enjoy the rest of this season.
Oct 25, 2014 10:27 PM

Jun 2014
SweetKotomi said:

I know right, I almost forgot she could do other things besides being the main whore in the harem. I loved her in the first season of SAO.

Shangetsu said:
Qans said:

And I don't remember that premise changing.

Aincrad arc was about putting your life on the line to survive a death game.
Fairy dance was about stopping a madman using people's life as a tools to gain money, power and fame.
Gun Gale Online was about stopping a group of murderer indiscriminately killing people.
While the next arc, Mother's Rosario, will not as action heavy as the other arcs it will also be a story about people struggling against death to live, picturing how really powerless our group of protagonist is.

This arc, in term of length, isn't even a volume long. It's a side story that is meant to be lighter than the rest of the story. Every story need some kind of relief, you need to see the characters living in the light to truly appreciate the deepness when it's dark.

When people told you to expect great thing after GGO, they never meant this arc, they either meant Mother's Rosario or Alicization. Mother's Rosario will start in two episodes starting from this one. Alicization, while being the best arc by a ridiculous margin, probably won't be adapted because of it's sheer size.

Mother's Rosario won't be an action packed arc and it'll feature a lot of scene from the real world but it's also one of the heaviest character development arc in the entire novel. It might not be to your taste either way.

Fair enough, I guess I'll just continue and see for myself
Oct 25, 2014 10:47 PM

Sep 2014
Rinth said:
SweetKotomi said:

Oh, you are so going to enjoy the rest of this season.

Just started the LN and not sure if I should slow down or not lol. Really excited to see Asuna back in action again. I might just stop right before MR so I can see the anime first then read it. Even though this sounds backwards lol.
Oct 26, 2014 12:00 AM

Jul 2014
How do you get so immersed in a game till you fall in love with an npc =.=
How do I signature?
Oct 26, 2014 12:29 AM

Dec 2013
dat HP buff is OP.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Oct 26, 2014 12:35 AM
Jun 2009
Great episode other than the animation quality. It was nice seeing some good old MMO PvE.
Oct 26, 2014 12:37 AM

Nov 2012
morroc city was destroyed and become really ugly, fuck dem thanatos.
morroc was beautiful and big city for trading and buy/selling stuff, payon is too small for that damn it
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Oct 26, 2014 1:42 AM
Dec 2013
That infinite quest system is crazy. love the OP for this arc
Oct 26, 2014 2:32 AM

Oct 2013
cool how its related back to norse mythology
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Oct 26, 2014 2:33 AM

Aug 2011
Shut the fuck up Yui you are spoiling everything and ruining the fun, sheesh.
Oct 26, 2014 2:56 AM

Jun 2013
Pretty boring episode. What's with all the "flavor text"?

I shouldn't have watched this after fate
Oct 26, 2014 3:09 AM

Jan 2014
Is that Articuno flying around with all of them? Lol
Oct 26, 2014 3:56 AM

Apr 2014
Now Ii remember why Klein is listed to my Favourite Characters in my profile long time ago... He is like the funny part of the Series... but he has also this romantic streak that I appreciate so much... I see a little bit of myself in him.. And who cares if it is a NPC character? Just watching that he wanted to rescue her reveals his very truth character. And love exists everywhere, even beyond reality ;)

But I unterstand that for some it is weird falling in love with a person that doesn't really exist

It brought a little bit of memory when all fought against the two montsers, with the same music ("Swordland") Ohhh... great.... marvellous....

I agree with most of the guys here... In every story, a little bit of something "little" does good to the story and i mean, even though... this Caliber side-arc has still a relation to the game and the main storyline itself..
"If the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
Oct 26, 2014 3:57 AM
Jan 2012
how boring low quality crap, even compared with ggo arc, this drop in animation quality is kinda surprising. how long this ALO boring stuff will be btw, to the rest of the season? then i shall consider moving this to droplist.
Oct 26, 2014 4:04 AM

Jul 2014
Klein is like Brock of SAO
Oct 26, 2014 5:30 AM

Aug 2013
Translation of what Klein said: "I don't care if everyone's effort and time will just be wasted. I need to get in this virtual woman's pants. My D demands it."
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 26, 2014 5:33 AM

Feb 2014
Just watched this and I'm speechless... at how the standard has dropped. It has been on a steady decline since the first series first cour and I'm not even sure why I bother holding onto my hopes for SAO to make a comeback by the end of this cour.
Oct 26, 2014 6:03 AM

Aug 2012
getting boring
Oct 26, 2014 6:20 AM

Jul 2014
the old team fight? and above it all, there's sinon in it? o.0

the joke about "trap" and the other's expression really made me laugh hahaha

i love the combat of this episode, basically i miss it, because it's one of the good point of SAO series.

can't wait to see Thyrm on his feet, and what will kirito do though
a dual-sword wielder, fire element in right arm and ice element in left arm
Oct 26, 2014 7:14 AM

Sep 2014
Definitely a great episode. Enjoyed it thoroughly. I can safely say SAO II's second half won't be as abysmal as SAO I's. :D
Oct 26, 2014 7:34 AM

Jul 2011
The combat in this episode sucked total ass compared to the other episodes.
And whats with this story so far like, why were we suddenly transported through the whole dungeon to witness two shitty mini boss battles that also made no sense, If all it takes to kill a boss is "Trying a little" and using all you're special abilities then it would be way too easy.. In a real mmo that would probably do like 10-15% damage not even. (With a party with 6+ theres no way they do that much damage)
The trap joke scene was pretty funny but they didn't play the rest of it out well, it was way too damn cliche and annoying. "I can't leave her.. I have to go back."
Why would they introduce the npc if they were going to walk past it and ignore it, so why drag the scene out for so god damn long!? Also the npc shouldn't give buffs without having to work for it or theres no point in having them.
3/10 for shit episode. All three points go to making the boss battle look intriguing and the Npc buff thing was pretty cool but it only works if you have to work for it in their game or whatever
GhosttOct 26, 2014 7:39 AM
Oct 26, 2014 7:43 AM

Jan 2008
It never dawned on me that ALfheim was based on Norse Mythology. Even though the "heim" part was a not-so-subtle hint.

Freyja and King Thrym meet again. If it's based on Norse Mythology, then the stolen treasure must be

Lots of action in this episode. The build-up was also great, albeit rather slow and pointed to an obvious huge cliffhanger. Expecting an action-packed episode with Kirito and his party versus The King of jötnar.

Teehee!
Oct 26, 2014 7:51 AM

Jan 2014
My fave episode so far! Fantastic :)
Oct 26, 2014 8:05 AM

Oct 2011
This episode's adoptation was very bad - if I hadn't read the visual novels I woudn't have understood most of the stuff that happened. Also I believe it would have been a good idea to show the alternative ending first and then say "Now let's see what really happened" show how they win, because now their win won't surprise anyone

Oct 26, 2014 8:45 AM

May 2010
shionkara said:
Just watched this and I'm speechless... at how the standard has dropped. It has been on a steady decline since the first series first cour and I'm not even sure why I bother holding onto my hopes for SAO to make a comeback by the end of this cour.

i'm not sure as well why i'm still watching this, juste because i don't like to drop animes maybe. The temptation is hard here
Oct 26, 2014 8:56 AM

Oct 2014
Interesting episode. I wonder how the next one is going to turn out. I really hope that for Klein's sake, Freyja isn't deceiving the group. But we all know that Klein has terrible luck with women. XD
Oct 26, 2014 9:11 AM

Jun 2012
Meh - not quite sure why I keep watching this. I really loved the Aincrad arc and was mildly interested in the Fairy Dance arc - but all the stuff after that has felt...unnecessary. When I read through the stories, they didn't bother me quite as much as now that I'm watching them - but it's telling when I can't sit down to watch a 20 minute episode without skipping a bunch of stuff.
Oct 26, 2014 9:17 AM

Dec 2013
Hm, I wonder if there will be emphasis on Kirito and Asuna's romance because it seems that they are not more than just some friends.

Also, I hope future arcs also have real world events and real world characters' backstories intertwined with the virtual games like GGO, because only that way it is interesting.

So far this mini arc is kinda torture.
Oct 26, 2014 9:34 AM

Nov 2013
Some cool action and funny moments with Klein. This mini arc is fun.
4/5
Oct 26, 2014 10:29 AM

Aug 2014
Blitzkriag said:
How do you get so immersed in a game till you fall in love with an npc =.=

1.He's a desperate guy.
2.Dismiss the 'She's an NPC' thought and she looks perfectly like a girl. This is an VR, your in the game, you don't see the game from ur screen anymore. Also as stated above, he's desperate, it's just like when one can't get a real one, they must keep up with fake one. One of these example is.. EHEM.. 'hole' Get what I mean?
I love Minimalist Arts. Such Simplicity, yet hold so much Meanings to me.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

546 by amf85 »»
Apr 30, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

432 by amf85 »»
Apr 29, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

286 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 6, 2014

418 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 3:22 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

515 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 2:33 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.