Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 8, 2008 10:15 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yay! A not dissapointing ending! I had almost forgotten that those existed in animé! :P
Feb 24, 2008 10:53 PM

Jan 2008
I enjoyed how they associated the "parental series" of Onegai Teacher into this series. Was very enjoyable. Those that have not seen Onegai Teacher and watched Onegai Twins, you missed out :( sorry.
The last few episodes dragged out a bit when the answer to the sibling question was quite apparent. Still, a nice story indeed. Plus Haruko's little scheme was totally unexpected.

Apr 8, 2008 12:36 PM
Jun 2007
I loved the ending of Onegai Twins 8/10. I really enjoyed this series even though I thought things were moving way too fast with Maiku proposing (albeit unintentionally saying those words). turns out it was a scheme by Haruko.

lastly, why does it seem that everyone seems to be present whenever Maiku, Miina and Karen are in a compromising situation? :D

Dec 5, 2008 8:55 AM

Jun 2008
I didn't like the ending. He would have chosen whichever one wasn't his sister -_-

I wanted him to be with Karen
Dec 15, 2008 5:02 AM

Dec 2007
Honestly, i thought Mina was the sister cause of the picture. The hair that isnt covered by the hat is pink xD
Feb 18, 2009 11:42 PM
Sep 2008
Not the best series I've seen, but not the worst also. This is a 7/10 for me. I like how characters from Onegai Teacher make appearances through the series. Thing rushed way too much at the end. "huhuhu lets play lottery: oh karen wins so she be tha sister oh wow so then minna be tha girlfrend prob solved lol" end.

What would have happened if all three of them were actual siblings?

Also how did they really find out who was in the picture through the diary? I mean they were hardly 1 or 2 years old, and probably had a different name before the incident were they got separated. Oh and before I forget, why are there so many copies of the same damn picture, why is even one on a notebook in an abandoned house???
Jul 19, 2009 5:08 AM

Jun 2009
Maybe the answers are in their Mother's dictionary. The anime didn't let us read that though. Still 8/10 ending! Few anime nowadays have a non - disappointing ending!
Aug 22, 2009 12:43 PM

Jun 2009
Not the most satisfying ending, but not a bad one either i suppose, overall i really enjoyed this series, But not quite as much as Please Teacher :) 8/10.
Sep 18, 2009 3:49 PM
Dec 2008
I want more... excellent anime Funny & Entertaning! I want a Please Twins 2!!
Sep 18, 2009 3:50 PM
Dec 2008
xKana said:
Honestly, i thought Mina was the sister cause of the picture. The hair that isnt covered by the hat is pink xD
I agree, but I think it makes a nice twist
Oct 9, 2009 9:00 AM

Apr 2008
quite an okay ending ... but sadly i feel the sister would be a better couple =(

Oct 28, 2009 11:24 AM

Jul 2009
Edit:

never mind.. rewatched it and it made sense hhaha

good ending.
nanaki254Oct 28, 2009 12:01 PM
Nov 27, 2009 1:01 AM

Mar 2009
nice ending
love the triangle drama
and it seem that he get them both anyway
lol i sense incest from there
he must sleep with a lock in his pants now
i am going to be the i the one with the biggest manga pocket collgection

url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/enerjak&sclick=1][/url]
Dec 28, 2009 5:27 PM
Mar 2009
ooh miina was actually in the picture hangin out with maiku
lol karen was taking a nap

True or False
Anime + Manga = Chuck Norris / Chuck Norris
Dec 30, 2009 12:15 AM
Oct 2008
xKana said:

i also thought of that too...i thought miina was the sister.
Jan 3, 2010 6:54 PM

Nov 2009
I must be the rarity that actually preferred how he wound up with Miina as his girlfriend over Karen. Dont get me wrong I like Karen too but I'm glad that she was the sister, she has far more qualities supporting that.
Jan 25, 2010 6:49 PM

Dec 2009
Isn't a litte confusing that Miina was also given away (with the same blue eyes) as a child? Just seem like they've met there to be given away...

Would like to have some information on Miinas history!
Feb 15, 2010 12:11 PM

Jan 2009
kkmaster1337 said:
ooh miina was actually in the picture hangin out with maiku
lol karen was taking a nap

Hearing that at the end cheered me up a *lot*.

The whole one stranger, one relative thing would've been depressing.
We're the same. Nuisances with nowhere to go.
Mar 16, 2010 7:54 AM

Oct 2008
OOOoooohhh.. Okay. So that was Miina in the picture... ~ lolol They lost me for a second at the end there. xD

Jun 13, 2010 6:51 PM

Dec 2009
i don't get this episode. like at all. okay so Karen says shes the sister but Miina ends up being the sister...? right?
Jul 1, 2010 4:37 PM

Apr 2010
love this series~<3
Oct 2, 2010 1:22 PM

Nov 2008
This kind of anime should have had one of this two endings:

First: Miina and Karen were twins and unrelated to Maiku.
Second: The three had always been siblings.

With and ending like this, it seems that Karen will surely be the saddest of the three.

Anyway, I love this series.
Feb 9, 2011 10:04 PM
Dec 2010
i think the ending is not enough to satisfy the story because there are many questions left behind specially if the ending tells that minna is the girl in the photo how are they related ???? with Karen and Maiku it is not enough to just imagine that they are childhood friends .......
Apr 20, 2011 8:50 PM
Jul 2018
u guys are confused...

karen and maiku were in the picture original baby picture

but they made a "joke" that miina was "sleeping outside the picture" to allude that they were all technically family before then

cute series, cute ending, 8/10 for me as it was nice and light :D

no homo but kousei was HILARIOUS. never seen a male friend like that in a series..
Jul 30, 2011 8:57 AM
Jul 2010
No, Miina was the girl from the picture, even though Karen is the sibling.

Would have preferred if Karen ended up with Maiku, though she makes a better sister than Miina, and it seemed as though Maiku wasn't romantically interested in her the way he was in Miina.

Nice series (better than Teacher). 6/10
Jan 24, 2012 1:47 AM

Sep 2011
I don't know about you guys but that ending sure made me happy. I am so glad she wasn't actually a "stranger". :D

For anyone that is confused: Miina was actually the one in the photo and Karen was in the house sleeping. So everything turns out great! >:D

7/10 - I am a sucker for romance... :)
funkotakuSep 30, 2012 10:57 AM
Jun 25, 2012 9:26 AM

Jul 2011
It's FINALLY over. I really want those 6 hours I wasted on this tripe back. I hated everything from its one-dimensional, annoying characters to its shallow plot.

3/10
Check out my anime reviews or my pet will get you: Mezase Pokémon Master
Sep 22, 2012 9:47 AM

Mar 2009
great story~ nice ending~ shooting two birds with one stone~
Jan 13, 2013 6:43 PM
Jan 2013
I was disappointed, Both Miina and Karen were in love with Maiku. I have a hard time believing that learning who was the sister would just make any feelings go away. And while she did say she was in love with him after learning the truth, I felt that the show just kind of forgot about that afterwards and decided to focus on shipping Maiku with Miina. I mean, there's nothing wrong with Miina, though I did prefer Karen, I still can't help but feel like the sister was going to get shafted no matter who it was. Had neither of them been related, the show would have probably ended up with them realizing that even if there is no blood relation, that they had still become family. And also they could resolve the triangle with nobody being the loser. Maiku was falling in love with the both of them, and they were both falling in love with him, and they were also close with each other. Things would have probably worked out if that was the case.

Alternatively, I think it was strange to believe there was only twins, instead of triplets. They would still all end up on equal footing, and perhaps a good amount of drama could be shown of them finding out and dealing with their emotions, whether they succumb or not to their struggle to keep things platonic, or to give in and let romance decide.

But since one of them did end up being a sibling, and the other a "stranger" (this got to me, because even unrelated by blood the other person still would have been family, family isn't bound only by blood, but friends are also family), nobody was ever really equal after the reveal. Karen became the "loser" in the deal, unable to be with the one she loved, in that way. The show tried to portray her as okay, but is she really okay with never being loved by the person she loves? I really doubt it. And the part after the credits lends to it as well.
"There is perhaps no phenomenon which contains so much destructive feeling as moral indignation, which permits envy or hate to be acted out under the guise of virtue."
— Erich Fromm
Jan 24, 2013 9:12 PM

Mar 2012
Spin-offs live up to their reputations, although this one failed to even reach that already lowered bar....the plot was way too straight forward and little to no conflict until the final 3 episodes, i would have rather just watched those 3 episodes than have wasted my time with relatively boring and quite terriblely written episodes, reusing elements like the beach in episode 7 from the parent series ruined my memories from the same episode in the parent story...would have probably been so much more interesting if they used one of the already introduced characters from the main series, Karen and Miina were the least interesting female characters and love interests i've ever seen in an anime....should have made a sequel....atleast Yōsuke Kuroda got it right in Waiting in the Summer last year, this one was bad 5/10

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Mar 30, 2013 2:46 PM
Mar 2013
Avarice said:
I loved the ending of Onegai Twins 8/10. I really enjoyed this series even though I thought things were moving way too fast with Maiku proposing (albeit unintentionally saying those words). turns out it was a scheme by Haruko.

lastly, why does it seem that everyone seems to be present whenever Maiku, Miina and Karen are in a compromising situation? :D

It's because of Marie and ichigo's information.
Dec 11, 2013 12:50 AM

Apr 2008
Dat last minute cop-out. Well it was okayish....
Dec 21, 2013 7:38 PM

Jun 2013
This anime, along with it's OP, will forever have a special warm place in my heart being one of the first shows I ever watched back when I was a kid :)
Mar 21, 2014 4:18 PM

May 2012
Pretty satisfying ending especially that kiss was lovely! The overall story was rather lovely as both development of characters and story was really well done and the fact that it was set into another universe in the same timeline with also introducing the parent story's characters was a nice touch to the story.

All by all I rather loved this series together with the parent story and well I do wonder what the OVA will offer us but this ending satisfied me enough for this series!
Apr 29, 2014 12:44 PM

Apr 2013
It was a good heartwarming romance with an easy-going atmosphere.
May 1, 2014 3:04 PM
Dec 2012
Definitely not as good as it seemed when I first watched it years ago. One episode in particular was just plain bad. The rest was good enough to make it not feel like a complete waste of time, but it still lacked the emotional depth of shows that focus on drama and the pure entertainment value of shows that focus on comedy.

All in all, it wasn't really worth a re-watch. Well, at least it had good music; the music of I've Sound really gets to me.
Jul 23, 2014 2:27 PM

Feb 2012
Onegai Teacher was complete garbage to me, which was why I was hesitant to watch this for so long. Glad I did, this anime is decent, but miles better than its predecessor. Off to the next series!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 23, 2014 8:42 AM

Jul 2010
BurntFlower said:
It's FINALLY over. I really want those 6 hours I wasted on this tripe back. I hated everything from its one-dimensional, annoying characters to its shallow plot.

3/10

Couldn't agree more, I feel like I could use my time much better for anything else. Not a good sign when you just want it to be over.
Apr 12, 2015 7:21 AM

Sep 2013
Pretty entertaining but could have been better. Though I like this way better than please teacher and ano natsu (written by the same author who is obessesed with aliens) maybe its because the main protag isnt a loser midget and the the two main heroines arent voluptous aliens.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Apr 28, 2015 7:14 AM

Mar 2013
Beautiful to see throughout all 12 episodes. Never was disappointed, as it constantly exceeded my expectations from other Romance/Sibling anime.

Such an awesome and likable/admirable Male Mc, who is responsible, logical, caring, not a pussy, respectable, perceptive, and doesn't skirt around the truth or his feelings. Truly one of a kind, I can only think of a handful of Male Mc in the same league as him, and he is at the Top in the romance department. Not hurting matters is the fact that he has one of the best male character designs ever, that even as a guy was appealing eye candy. His awesome character design is commensurate with his super cool and praiseworthy character traits.

Kamishiro, Maiku we love you!!

This is a True 10, from episode 1 to episode 12 I had no doubts that it was constantly a 10 and was pleasantly surprised that it avoided the pitfalls of all the lesser anime that start off promising and pick up some flaws or ultimately get train-wrecked along the way. One of the Very Best Romance Anime I have seen, and Imo in existence.

Of note is a fitting host of side characters, some that tie in and crossover nicely from the otherwise unimpressive Onegai Teacher and are at their best here. Also the final pairing was perfect in terms of the twin sister and "stranger", as was the confession and solution of their 3 member "family" household forever, with all the glory that it implies.

The DESPICABLE 7.12 rating on Mal is one of the most CRIMINAL ratings on the site and is a true embarrassment. Sadly it shares company with another woefully underrated and similar anime that involves siblings who live together after not being in each other's lives for over a decade, namely Koi Kaze. I would HIGHLY recommended checking that out for more realistic sibling romance anime.
SlickDApr 28, 2015 7:18 AM
Jul 20, 2016 11:20 AM

Jul 2014
Definitely better than Onegai Teacher.

I really liked the whole series and the end was good for me.
Oct 23, 2016 9:20 AM

Nov 2013
I laughted then i saw Matagu with tears still waiting an alien from outer space :D
"Yesterday's enemy is somehow... today's enemy as well..."
-Gintama
Jan 15, 2017 8:54 AM

Jun 2016
BurntFlower said:

3/10

A Godawful anime indeed,The Student Council were f#kin' annoying especially the President sooo dumb. This Anime was a waste of time. Teacher > Twins.
Oct 12, 2019 3:52 AM

Oct 2019
Not a big fan of this series, a bit confusing at times, but somewhat decent overall. 6/10. Didn't really do much for me. It did remind me that I once watched Onegai Teacher, funny enough, what with the characters appearing out of nowhere. Yay, another forgettable anime I'll remember to add to the list...
May 23, 2021 12:32 PM

May 2018
Finally we get the resolution! Too bad we never got a proper kiss with Karen. And Matagu was done dirty in Twins wow

5/10
Jun 17, 2021 11:44 AM

Jun 2019
My 63rd completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 6/10 rating.
Jul 20, 2021 1:10 PM
Oct 2019
Does anyone know the translation of maiku's mother's notebook which had the truth behind those three?
Feb 4, 2022 11:45 AM

Nov 2020
Completed it, Loved it, wayy better than its prequel Onegai Teacher. Good sibling romance anime
Jun 19, 2022 3:35 AM

Jul 2011
I like this kind of old school anime, anyway why the sci-fi tag i was expecting some WTF ending
Sep 10, 2022 5:49 PM

Jun 2019
Dort said:
I like this kind of old school anime, anyway why the sci-fi tag i was expecting some WTF ending

It has to do with the presence of this alien character:

Apparently it ties more into some lore and worldbuilding of its sister series and predecessor, Onegai Teacher. They take place in the same shared world. This character is included here almost in a cameo-like role, but it isn't really explored further here.
WatchTillTandavaSep 10, 2022 7:05 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Onegai Twins Episode 11 Discussion

Clobclark - May 13, 2009

17 by Buttermilk_Bunny »»
May 3, 8:43 AM

Poll: » Onegai Twins Episode 8 Discussion

brinan - Aug 22, 2009

18 by Buttermilk_Bunny »»
Apr 30, 8:18 AM

Poll: » Onegai Twins Episode 6 Discussion

Blaz - Aug 9, 2009

20 by Buttermilk_Bunny »»
Apr 28, 9:19 AM

Poll: » Onegai Twins Episode 10 Discussion

kaizer11 - Feb 18, 2009

10 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 9, 6:09 PM

Poll: » Onegai Twins Episode 9 Discussion

orangehouse - Oct 9, 2009

10 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 9, 2:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.