Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 23, 2014 3:34 PM

Nov 2011
The English during the "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" was surprisingly good. I was worried they would ruin it.

For all of the comedy and gags this show throws (and, admittedly, I don't care for it), I think it's blending pretty well with the narrative at this point. Kousei's is a dramatic person by nature, as his thoughts often show, and Kaori's deduction that Kousei's inability to hear the piano wasn't literal was spot on. (In fact, I was going to note that in this discussion before she even mentioned it. Not bad.) She seems like the perfect balancing factor for someone like him, even when it comes to stuff like chasing him around the school. For such a depressing guy, I still doubt he hated it all as much as his complaints might make it appear.

The only part I'm not sure about it Kaori's crying at the end. I don't think she's bi-polar or anything, so such major mood swings seems a little odd to me. Hopefully there will be some sort of explanation for that.

Tsubaki used the sibling card. She better not cause romance drama later. >.>

Solid episode overall.
Oct 23, 2014 3:40 PM

Jan 2013
I thought it would take longer than 3 episodes for the first step to recovery.
So many sakura petals.
Oct 23, 2014 4:08 PM

Apr 2014
Am I the only one not liking Kaori?
I mean she's Forcing Kousei to take up Piano again disregarding his past.
"I heard he's insanely good at Piano" " Do it for me!"
Oh f*** you.
At least Tsubaki is doing it for the sake of Kousei.
On the other hand I'm under the impression that Kaori is doing it for her own selfish needs.

Why did Kousei even fall in love with this Shallow girl.

Also is She having mood swings?
What a mood ruiner suddenly getting violent.

Anyway I hope there's a good reason for this and in reality Kaori trying to help Kousei.
For now I am not liking her as a character.

Oct 23, 2014 4:11 PM

Nov 2012
Hmm, I found this episode to be quite annoying for several reasons. The first was the engrish that ruined twinkle twinkle little star. The show seems to be trying to give the feel of 'an artist's depression' but comes off as trying to be deep for the sake of being deep. Also, I haven't read the manga, but if her visit to the hospital is because she's terminally ill and will soon die and the rest of the show will be how he is so surprised with 'how she smiles knowing she'll die' I'm going to be disgusted.

'This is what I live for, living in peoples memories forever'
Also, this quote is so disgusting on so many levels. Maybe it's because she's dying or something, maybe it'll make more sense. But seriously, she should have continued: 'This is what I live for, living in peoples memories forever... because I'm a self-loving piece of shit that plays it for adoration instead of you know, because the music is amazing in itself.'

Oct 23, 2014 4:12 PM

Dec 2011
Dem eyes craving dat food doe...

Kousei should be happy that he's moving up the ladder towards boyfriend XD (if that'll ever happen).

Damn, freaking Kaori sure likes to mess around with our poor Kousei...

Awwww, the faces of the kids were really cute :3

Damn, Kousei... bro T.T

So Kousei won a lot of awards and was considered a real prodigy that even played with an orchestra at the age of 8... wow...

So he can't hear the sound of the piano, they vanish to be exact.

Ohooo, Kaori just named Kousei to be her accompanist in the 2nd round of the competition.

Hahaha, a shoe headshot XD.

Tsubaki and Kaori are haunting Kousei it would appear XD.

She pressed the button for the stop at the hospital hmm...

Manly man tears have been shed this episode T.T

I feared that the episode would end before we got to hear their performance... meh... great episode overall and I can't wait to hear them play together in the next episode.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Oct 23, 2014 4:26 PM

Oct 2014
Don't really like any of the characters so it's a little bit boring for me

Actually, I hate both Kaori and friend A so far

Was expecting much more from this show...
Oct 23, 2014 5:01 PM

Aug 2008
I just listened to Saint Saens : Introduction and Rondo Capriccioso. It's a really impressive piece, can't wait for the next ep!
Oct 23, 2014 5:13 PM
Jul 2014
Those trees sure release a lot of petals.

I'll also board the "I have an aversion for the MCs" train.
Oct 23, 2014 5:20 PM
Jul 2018
Karoi and Tsubaki came up a good way to get Kosei to play piano again.
Oct 23, 2014 5:29 PM

Jul 2010
The sweets scene with that round head ^^ The piano playing too.
Kaori is quite forceful but her goal to reach a good consequence!

I'm enjoying Kousei's monologue along with the metaphors and similes!
To not be able to hear the sounds he himself plays!
That sudden declaration of Kousei being Kaori's accompanist xD

Tsubaki joining in to "persuade" Kousei with all those music sheets!
Tsubaki wanting Kousei's time to move again :/

Kaori stopping in the hospital enterance!?! :O
Kaori going all the way to the roof to find him during the day of the performance!
That sudden change from showing that confidence to suddenly crying, hope it isn't related to the hospital thing :/ That was quite the emotional scene and Kousei agreeing!

Tsubaki and Ryouta with those bikes xD
Oct 23, 2014 5:46 PM

Nov 2011
Are there any native speakers of English here who thought Kaori's singing was bad?

I'm a native speaker, and it sounded quite good to me. The accent was much less noticeable than most cases I've encountered.
Oct 23, 2014 5:53 PM

Dec 2013
Oh my God. This show. Is. AMAZING.

I seriously love how Kaori forces Kousei to play for her. Also Kaori going to hospital... makes me worry, did something happen to her parents as well or to her!?!? Dang.

I love how the characters are designed, they look so colorful and pretty, especially Kaori, I'm in love with her already. She is beautiful, and nice, can be sometimes bruteful but overall perfect.

Kousei playing twinkle twinkle little star in that cafe was epic~ the look on the people's faces. I feel bad for him when he stopped. But it was awesome that Kaori did know about Kousei afterall. Guess it can save them the introductions about how good Kousei is at piano. Right into being an accompanist eh? This will be good.

Next episode will be just as freakin awesome I bet. As a piano player, I can't wait to see what'll happen because I've only ever done solo pieces never with a violinist.

5/5 this episode. SOOOO GOOOD.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Oct 23, 2014 6:02 PM

May 2013
Props for Risa Taneda for singing an English song! You worked hard.

Anyways, Kousei being forced to be an accompanist in the manga was funny but in this episode, I found it very irritating because of Kaori, I think? But other than that, can't wait for their performance

DAT KAORI GOING TO A HOSPITAL THO.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Oct 23, 2014 6:05 PM
Jul 2018
This is my favorite series this season. I. AM. IN. LOVE. WITH. THIS. SHOW.
It has become the highlight of my week.
Oct 23, 2014 6:05 PM

Apr 2009
Without a doubt, best show this season for me, possibly even best anime this year, if it continues this good. Providing they don't manage to fuck it up later on in the anime, this'll be an Instant buy for me, when this gets licensed in the AU/NZ or UK.
Oct 23, 2014 6:06 PM

Apr 2013
shirozuki said:
Way too cringy in this ep:/
i actually thought the drama wasnt forced and not cringy at all.. at least compared to most rom-com-drama anime.
Oct 23, 2014 6:33 PM

Mar 2008
"I Guess she's at a similar level to them mentally."
This guy, I like.

Always gonna love Mozart's Variations.
Oct 23, 2014 6:38 PM

Feb 2013
Mystery behind Kaori's going to the hospital....
Hope she's not sick because she was crying to Kousei and said that this will be her last chance or something.
Oct 23, 2014 7:03 PM

May 2009
Guy, I just warn you.
Oct 23, 2014 7:21 PM

Dec 2013
klasmiit-gamay said:
Mystery behind Kaori's going to the hospital....
Hope she's not sick because she was crying to Kousei and said that this will be her last chance or something.

She'll probably die in the last episode. RIP
Oct 23, 2014 7:28 PM

Jun 2013
holy fuk she's going to die.....
Oct 23, 2014 7:31 PM

Jul 2013
That Engrish...

Kaori's death flag was so obvious. As expected though since the setting is middle school even the drama/conflict is at middle school level.. at times it felt a bit exaggerated and it feels like watching Hanayamata without the cute girls. Well I'm still looking forward to the performance though, hearing the sample through the school's speaker it's quite an amazing piece.
Oct 23, 2014 7:39 PM

May 2010
Forced crying scene at the end.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Oct 23, 2014 7:56 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
TripleSRank said:
Are there any native speakers of English here who thought Kaori's singing was bad?

I'm a native speaker, and it sounded quite good to me. The accent was much less noticeable than most cases I've encountered.

Here! :P I thought it may not have been the worst, but I still thought it was kind of bad. Mostly because it sounded like Taneda Risa was pronouncing the words Japanese style. "twinkulu twinkulu littu stah." It got less noticeable though as it went on, but first impression sticks, and the first line she sang was just too noticeable imo. But Taneda Risa has a nice voice though. Isn't there a Japanese version of the song? I think that might've been better...unless they were going with the manga which I have not read.

Draakisback said:
There was also another death flag on the roof when she said, "This is what I live for, living in peoples memories forever" or something to that effect.

I thought was reading too much into that line, but I guess someone else thought it as well. And unless Kaori is just a super emotional person which I'm alright with, I feel like that could explain why she cried at the end...why she wanted him to accompany her so much and why there seems like a sense of urgency.
Oct 23, 2014 8:01 PM

Aug 2013
The physical abuse doesn't sit well with me but I'll let it slide since I like this show so much :p
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 23, 2014 8:07 PM

May 2009
xchee said:
The physical abuse doesn't sit well with me but I'll let it slide since I like this show so much :p

Jesus Christ, it's Slapstick
Oct 23, 2014 8:07 PM

Sep 2013
Y'all might not care but if the me from 2 years ago saw this, i would of loved it but the me from now kind of despise it. I really don't like when someone is really pushy to someone like the MC that is having problems, most likely mentally problems like trauma and cannot play the piano. Also, like i said, he is a pushover, he lets them do what ever they want with him, and all that physical violence, my god. But in the end, it is all just anime.
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Oct 23, 2014 8:23 PM

Jul 2012
That friendship moment at the end ;x; Oh man, I want some friends like these that biked me to my concerts and recitals!

As usual, the OP is so great and fitting. Thank you, based Goose House! Another solid episode. Gonna be honest, it was a bit too dramatic for my taste (like come on, it's only the third episode) and I didn't understand why Kaori needed only Kousei as the accompanist and why all three friends were bugging him so much.

Anyways...Looking forward to next Thursday for another adventure.
Oct 23, 2014 8:30 PM

Mar 2012
Some good feels this episode. I hope this keeps it up.
Oct 23, 2014 8:32 PM

Apr 2014
bastek66 said:
xchee said:

It isn't funny when the Mood was Sad and depressing and they insert slap stick humor in it.
They did it Two times..
I'm beginning to think Kaori is a shallow and selfish girl who only need Kousei as a Accompanist.
I mean at the end She basically said "Do it for me" Oh please F--- you...
Be understanding of what the guy has been going through.

Oh well I guess she has some sort of sickness when she's going to the hospital.

Oct 23, 2014 8:35 PM

Aug 2012
Why the play is not in this episode , they could've inserted it instead of the ending. Anyway ... great ep .. love it , can't get enough of it.
Oct 23, 2014 8:58 PM

Jun 2013
Kaori heading to the hospital makes me wonder if someone in her life is dying. If that's the case, it's going to be so sad to watch that episode.
The scene on the roof where Kousei was in the shadow while Kaori was in the light was a nice piece of symbolism.

Hearing more of the OST in this episode, the piano pieces really stick out even just as background music. I seriously cannot express in words how much I absolutely LOVE this anime though.
Oct 23, 2014 9:17 PM

Jul 2009
my god...
this girl is a storm. arashi.
i think i may have found a new favourite character...
Oct 23, 2014 9:32 PM
Jul 2018
AOTY nuf said
Oct 23, 2014 9:35 PM

Dec 2012
Cannot get enough of that OP song. Just love it.
Kaori singing twinkle twinkle little star was adorable.
Love how she is not standing by and letting Kousei deal with his issues alone.
She is great.
Lol at all that sheet music.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Oct 23, 2014 9:36 PM

Jun 2010
damn that opening stirs up so many feels.

when a 24 min episode feels like 5 that's when u know you're enjoying it.

well there goes my love drama theory, they both see each other as fam.

can't wait for next weeks episode.
TheLastKing360Oct 23, 2014 9:42 PM
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Oct 23, 2014 10:01 PM

Feb 2014
mayukachan said:
I didn't understand why Kaori needed only Kousei as the accompanist and why all three friends were bugging him so much.

From the point of view of Kousei's friends, he is only shy and pessimistic (no matter what Kousei says about playing the piano or his problems, they don't know about his background life, traumas and stress) so that doesn't feel wrong to be pushy towards him to play the piano, which is completely related to his life.
Kaori thinks highly of Kousei, she even mentioned that he is like her role model. You can guess she either wants to take advantage of him for things like impressing the audience, as well the judges ("hey look, Kousei is ACCOMPAINING me") or she just begged him to help her because she couldn't contact any other painist around her in that short time.
Oct 23, 2014 10:20 PM
Sep 2012
NeutralSide said:
bastek66 said:

It isn't funny when the Mood was Sad and depressing and they insert slap stick humor in it.
They did it Two times..
I'm beginning to think Kaori is a shallow and selfish girl who only need Kousei as a Accompanist.
I mean at the end She basically said "Do it for me" Oh please F--- you...
Be understanding of what the guy has been going through.

Oh well I guess she has some sort of sickness when she's going to the hospital.
Kaori is a bitch who doesn't care about anyone's feelings but her own. I mean she literally runs around and abuses the hell out of the poor guy for not doing as she commands. Tsubaki is just as bad for helping Kaori make his life miserable by stalking the hell out of him because she says she know what's best for him. F--- you too.
Oct 23, 2014 10:26 PM
Oct 2010
Damn that rather big death flag...

Now I see Kaori's personality in another light. This anime kind of reminds me of the film "sweet november", and it may even end in a similar way...

... Still, like others here, I don't think the comedy parts fit well. Especially if the story is going the way I think it is. Not that a comic relief isn't needed, but cheap slapstick kinda breaks the mood too hard.
AjunkyOct 23, 2014 10:29 PM
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Oct 23, 2014 10:44 PM

Apr 2010
God damn I can't wait for next week.

Such high production values too. But I guess when you have a real life piano manufacturer featured in your anime that isn't a huge problem.

Oct 23, 2014 10:49 PM
Apr 2012
MarikGr said:
ok so no one is mentioning that kaori is going to the hospital ..hmm this makes me worried , don't do this anime !

Foreshadowing what will happen later in the series and trust me the feels are real.
Oct 23, 2014 10:52 PM
Apr 2012
Rayzer said:
Draakisback said:

Death flag. There was also another death flag on the roof when she said, "This is what I live for, living in peoples memories forever" or something to that effect.

Don't make some stupid assumptions! This wasn't an anime/manga with that type of thing.
Mod Edit: Spoiler removed.

Are you sure about that?
Oct 23, 2014 10:57 PM
Jan 2014
Hamelin said:
Kaori heading to the hospital makes me wonder if someone in her life is dying. If that's the case, it's going to be so sad to watch that episode.
The scene on the roof where Kousei was in the shadow while Kaori was in the light was a nice piece of symbolism.

Hearing more of the OST in this episode, the piano pieces really stick out even just as background music. I seriously cannot express in words how much I absolutely LOVE this anime though.

I caught the light and dark thing at the roof too. Immediately after Kousei agreed he step out and both of them were in the light. They're really paying attention to the details!
Oct 23, 2014 11:53 PM
Aug 2012
What really makes me enjoy this show, music aside, are the main characters - Kaori and Kousei duo.
Kousei being in a standstill, has hit a plateau and is stuck in the same place for years. And now he just got pushed in the right direction to break it. Overcoming obstacles, breaking personal limits, moving out of their comfort zone - I'm a big sucker for such themes. And Kaori is right - grinding through it is the only way to overcome it. It's realistic in this matter.
And classical music is the icing on the cake.

Oct 24, 2014 12:09 AM

Jun 2013
I am so digging Kaori, + many points for being blonde first of all, then +many more points for awesome personality. Just don't ever sing in english again please.
Oct 24, 2014 12:24 AM

Jul 2012
Kaori can get scary when she is angry.

I need more episodes. Every episode to me seems like it is a tease because I need more of this show. If they could just make the episodes like 45 minutes per episode that would make me so very happy.

So they are finally of to their competition about dang time. It was only a matter of time until he finally broke down and became her accompanist. I am looking forward to the next episode where those two shine on stage... together.

Great episode!!!
Oct 24, 2014 12:49 AM
Dec 2013
Another great episode. I was wondering how they were gonna get him to play again. Lots of feels again. Definitely one of my top choices for animes to watch this season.
Oct 24, 2014 1:03 AM

Mar 2014
gonna go out and say AOTS

but that short hospital clip makes me wonder
Oct 24, 2014 1:15 AM
Aug 2012
@dtjohnson232:
If there was no shadow in the background then this show would end in about 3-4 next episodes. It's good to see that, it ain't gonna be another happy-go-lucky show, characters will get more depth.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2014

335 by RickHatake »»
May 1, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2015

234 by exho26 »»
May 1, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

1175 by Meztroz »»
Apr 28, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

331 by RickHatake »»
Apr 23, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2015

243 by Miyakirauhciyama »»
Apr 23, 4:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.