Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 24, 2014 2:04 AM
Mar 2014
Can't wait for the performance next week.
Oct 24, 2014 2:49 AM
Aug 2012
indeed, the hospital foreshadowing, the roof speech, and episode one... this is super foreboding, don't do this to me :'(
Oct 24, 2014 4:45 AM

Sep 2011
Kaori stopping by the hospital... Drama is coming. And now we need to wait 1 week to see their performance... *sigh* MOAR PLS.
Oct 24, 2014 5:23 AM

Oct 2013
Now I know what this anime reminds me of! Sakurasou no Pet no Kanojo! Just with music instead of art :)

Anyways, really liking it so far, one of the best anime this season
Oct 24, 2014 5:57 AM

Jun 2013
My 1000th Post! XD
Anyway, another fantastic episode!!! This anime keeps going above all my expectations, and all four main characters are really likeable and the art and animation is so beautiful :)
Oct 24, 2014 6:26 AM

Mar 2013
Please A1-animation, please remove the forced comedy out of this gem, pretty please?
Oct 24, 2014 6:39 AM

Jul 2011
Umm...no. This is...just no. They are pushing him to play, while he doesn't want to, for whatever reasons. And they claim it's for his own good, which I don't believe. They're all doing it for themselves, especially Kaori. This screams cliche; the crazy, violent, genius and beautiful girl who wants everyone to do as she says. You know what happens really with people like her who push others like that? They are hated and pushed away, not loved; that's why characters like her is not my thing at all.
When she was talking on the roof, in her every sentence I wanted to scream just how stupid and wrong she is.
Oct 24, 2014 6:46 AM

Jun 2008
Rayzer said:
MarikGr said:
ok so no one is mentioning that kaori is going to the hospital ..hmm this makes me worried , don't do this anime !

What are you talking about? It has a reason for that will be revealed later on.

Sense! That is what is his talking about, unlike you. His only an anime watcher and he saw something in the episode and comment on it. Why the hell are you asking him what his talking about?
No shit there is a reason, but please spare us the commenting we don't need spoilers. Although just from your answering i already suspect is not something terribly bad about her personal health. Maybe something small or just someone she knows. Yes for people with brains like us we can figure out so much just by little sentence like that and that's why is annoying having people like you commenting.

Draakisback said:
MarikGr said:
ok so no one is mentioning that kaori is going to the hospital ..hmm this makes me worried , don't do this anime !

Death flag. There was also another death flag on the roof when she said, "This is what I live for, living in peoples memories forever" or something to that effect.

Yeah that sentence seemed very suspicious if we combine it with the hospital visit just a moment before. Is like she saying she dieing and she wants to at lest leave her memory in people minds behind but it could just be the author slightly trolling us cause he knows we noticed the hospital stop.

MonadOct 24, 2014 6:50 AM
Oct 24, 2014 6:47 AM

Apr 2011
This anime just keeps better and better and better. The music is so beautiful and the animation was just top notch again.
5/5
Oct 24, 2014 7:37 AM

Jan 2014
Some parts are cliché, yes.
It's hard to avoid all the clichés anyhow.
I think this way pretty well done.
One of those must-watch anime of this season :)
And I have a feeling it's getting even better!
Oct 24, 2014 7:50 AM

Oct 2014
This episode is quite refreshing, tbh. One thing that now lingering on my mind, and it seemed to bother some people as well; why would Kaori wanted to force Kousei to accompany her that much to the point of bothering him? Somehow it is quite... exaggerating... I should say

Well, one thing we know that Arima kishou kousei is a well known prodigy by the young ghoul investigator musicians of his generation, and that includes Kaori. Can it be that Kousei is the one who inspire her or something? Or simply just because Kaori wants to look cool by having a prodigy accompany her? if it is the latter, I would be a bit dissapointed tbh... Make a character that is free-spirited, pretty, and genius just for a reason like that? No way, bruh...

Ah, well... I do read the manga, but it still not reach the point of answering that yet... The manga caught my attention, so I expect good things to come from both the manga and anime...

heavy spoiler here:

overall, 4/5

btw, I'm new in MAL, so..... Hi! :D
HOW TO SAVE ANIME IN THREE SIMPLE STEPS

1. To have Mars of Destruction, Skelter Heaven, and Pupa properly adapted in TV series form by Madhouse
  2. To have Inferno Cop properly adapted in TV series form by Bones, director: Urobuchi Gen
  3. An anime crossover of Mushishi x ARIA x Haibane Renmei.

Should even one of the above conditions cannot be done, anime is still at risk.
Oct 24, 2014 7:54 AM

Oct 2014
Jinrou said:
Umm...no. This is...just no. They are pushing him to play, while he doesn't want to, for whatever reasons. And they claim it's for his own good, which I don't believe. They're all doing it for themselves, especially Kaori. This screams cliche; the crazy, violent, genius and beautiful girl who wants everyone to do as she says. You know what happens really with people like her who push others like that? They are hated and pushed away, not loved; that's why characters like her is not my thing at all.
When she was talking on the roof, in her every sentence I wanted to scream just how stupid and wrong she is.

Ikr. It destroys her image a bit in my mind, and I started to like her :(
Oh well, there MUST be a reason for that. At least that is what I want to believe..
HOW TO SAVE ANIME IN THREE SIMPLE STEPS

1. To have Mars of Destruction, Skelter Heaven, and Pupa properly adapted in TV series form by Madhouse
  2. To have Inferno Cop properly adapted in TV series form by Bones, director: Urobuchi Gen
  3. An anime crossover of Mushishi x ARIA x Haibane Renmei.

Should even one of the above conditions cannot be done, anime is still at risk.
Oct 24, 2014 8:11 AM

Jul 2014
Ah shit that foreshadowing at the end, Dont tell me she will dies in the end I meant she is dying right now, CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE episodes

Oct 24, 2014 8:21 AM

Oct 2013
got dem feels near the end. Kousei 'n' Kaori gun 2 fug for true by the end

sweet episode, though I can't tell if Kaori is cute or annoying. Every time I think she's cute, she does something that reminds me how all modern anime girls are loudmouthed, bitchy, overly aggressive, and hostile for no good reason - and reminds me why I dislike most modern anime girls. Why is verbal abuse played up for comedy? Kousei went through some real nigga shit, and his friends should be giving him support, not screaming at him to get over it. shit

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Oct 24, 2014 8:34 AM

Jul 2012
surfboard_ said:
mayukachan said:
I didn't understand why Kaori needed only Kousei as the accompanist and why all three friends were bugging him so much.

From the point of view of Kousei's friends, he is only shy and pessimistic (no matter what Kousei says about playing the piano or his problems, they don't know about his background life, traumas and stress) so that doesn't feel wrong to be pushy towards him to play the piano, which is completely related to his life.
Kaori thinks highly of Kousei, she even mentioned that he is like her role model. You can guess she either wants to take advantage of him for things like impressing the audience, as well the judges ("hey look, Kousei is ACCOMPAINING me") or she just begged him to help her because she couldn't contact any other painist around her in that short time.

I thought the other female (sorry I don't remember her name) and the other guy knew that Kousei had been through a lot.
Oct 24, 2014 8:35 AM

Dec 2011
That foreshadowing on the bus stop. >_<

I know Kaori might be too pushy, but I am glad she is, so it helps Kousei to come back on this tracks. Can't wait for the duet performance.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 24, 2014 8:53 AM

Oct 2014
Too bad I read the manga so the events that transpired didn't make me as invested.
Either way this is a setup for the next episode which is pretty high drama that I can spoil but not gonna ^u^ still figuring out how its so colorful
My life is boring cause I'm boring
If you're not at school what can you do, you stare at a screen of bright pixels
Oct 24, 2014 9:07 AM

Sep 2014
All i have to say is that, This week is going to be soooooooooooooooo Loooooooooong!
Oct 24, 2014 9:22 AM

Aug 2013
Forced drama kind of ruined it. And the exaggerated facial expressions used for badly timed comedy... bleh :/
ittou_shuraOct 24, 2014 9:26 AM
Oct 24, 2014 9:34 AM

Aug 2013
chakracat said:
R.i.p sandwiches.

Lol

I already love the anime.
Oct 24, 2014 10:27 AM

May 2012
LOL. Funny way to convince someone :)))
Oct 24, 2014 10:50 AM

Mar 2012
Kaori is disturbingly manipulative and, on the whole, seems to be a pretty standard manic pixie dream girl. Kousei should've told her to save the waterworks and then he should've gone off that bike "jump" by himself. Would've been 10/10.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Oct 24, 2014 11:11 AM

Dec 2009
Kaori is a scary girl. Damn this is so good, I can't stop watching
Oct 24, 2014 11:20 AM

Apr 2014
Really good episode. The inner monologues were well-written and the hint given by Kaori leaving the bus at the hospital was pretty interesting. Now I'm really looking forward to hear their performance...
Oct 24, 2014 11:20 AM

Jan 2014
hands down, best anime of the season. :)
Emotions is really strong here.
Oct 24, 2014 12:20 PM

Oct 2013
While Shigatsu is still one of my favorites of the season so far,I believe this episode showed it at it's worst which is still decent,but hopefully won't become a trend.

Yea,the Manic Pixie Dream Girl in Kaori felt pretty strong here and both her & Tsubaki do come off as forceful BUT that won't an issue if the show is well-aware of that,which is something we'll find out eventually,probably starting with Kaori & Kousei's performance next episode. If the show is well-aware of how forceful they come across and uses it to it's advantage then I can see the character interactions,which haven't been very good so far tbh,benefiting along with the characters themselves,which aren't very likeable so far,IMO.

The other weak point of the show is it's attempts at comedy,which never made me laugh once and came off as abuse. Granted,I'm not much of a fan of "let's all abuse a certain character" slapstick comedy in the first place but even then,it really doesn't feel at home in a show like Shigatsu,coming off as annoying instead. I do hope it'll at least be toned down in the future since we'll probably never be rid of it entirely.
Oct 24, 2014 12:30 PM
Aug 2013
Loved the episode I hope he gets the confidence to play
Oct 24, 2014 12:31 PM

May 2009
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!!!!
THAT FLOCKIN AWESOME SOUNDTRACK!!!!
gyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

Reminds me of Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun's piano track.
fuwaaaa.

I'm lovin each moment. And I so identify with Arima.
They totally need each other. She got off at the hospital stop.. ominousss.
Can't wait for the next ep!! Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Oct 24, 2014 1:26 PM
Dec 2013
Dat 12 Variations on "Ah, vous dirai-je Maman," this anime gives me a classical boner.
Oct 24, 2014 1:46 PM

Feb 2014
mayukachan said:
I thought the other female (sorry I don't remember her name) and the other guy knew that Kousei had been through a lot.

I don't know about that either, but thats something you can assume. Its hard to understand or acknowledge something you can't feel, specially at their age. I doubt they know Kousei's mother was extremely strict and alienated about piano (Its not something you'll easily tell about someone you love, in the end), and if that was the case, then we have an unexpected case of inconsideration of others feelings (in that case, their friends being inconsiderate towards Kousei).
Oct 24, 2014 2:01 PM

Jul 2013
imo no need for all that crying but ok
good drama anyway
Oct 24, 2014 3:15 PM

Jul 2010
Foreshadow.
“Are there some unseen roles that we have unknowingly set ourselves into, dictating the rules of engagement whenever we see each other, inevitably leading to us hurting each other?”
Oct 24, 2014 5:02 PM

Feb 2010
Another week to wait. damn
Sent with Mal Updater
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Oct 24, 2014 5:21 PM

May 2009
This is one of the most interesting anime this season for me. I'm enjoying every episode and i have a good feeling about this series :)
Oct 24, 2014 5:29 PM

Aug 2014
Wonder what will be happen next episode.
Oct 24, 2014 5:50 PM
Oct 2010
From TVtropes on the Pixie Dream Girl "... a Manic Pixie Dream Girl exists to help the protagonist achieve happiness without ever seeking any independent goals herself." The entry proceeds to make an excellent case that without this condition, labeling a female character as such is completely bogus. Can we now stop the stupidity in this thread? Of course not! Carry on.
Oct 24, 2014 6:14 PM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
Hiding the preview for us eh? (Shit must go down) Kaori was pretty overpowering this episode but I'm starting to get a better feel for their characters, esp Kousei. It was a pretty good episode, and I didn't know it was against the law to ride on the back of a bike actually lol.
Oct 24, 2014 6:37 PM

Feb 2010
Pretty nice episode and even though the melodrama about his trauma dragged a bit I can forgive it since he seems to be over it (hopefully). Definitely looking forward to the improvised performance next episode!
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 24, 2014 6:58 PM

Aug 2014
"Twinkul twinkul lito staah.. How i wondah what chu ah.. Uff above the warld so high.. Like a diamond in the skaa-ayy.."

ENGRISHUU ENGRISHUU so cute! ♥
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Oct 24, 2014 7:27 PM

Apr 2011
brianez said:
Rayzer said:
That "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" that sung by Kaori (Risa Taneda) kinda ruined it for me.

Lol,I know right. I was cringing when she started singing. It would have been fine to leave the lyrics out
Btw, do many Japanese people know that song?

Most people know it in the Japanese version but I guess Kaori went with the english ^^;

Loved the episode! But still can't get used to the comedic elements +_+
Oct 24, 2014 10:15 PM

Mar 2008
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star not being sang by Takanashi Hina! Blasphemy!!!

Man I love this anime. Brings back memories of Nodame & La Corda.
Oct 24, 2014 10:55 PM

Aug 2014
This show got better in each episodes and I loved this. Looking towards their performance.
Oct 24, 2014 11:58 PM
Nov 2013
Kousei playing Twinkle Twinkle was really cool, I can't wait to see him play more. Kaori and Tsubaki blackmailing Kousei to became Kaori's accompanist was hilarious. Really glad he decided to, I expect great things from here on out with a lot of drama. AOTY so far!
Oct 25, 2014 3:19 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Episode gorgeous! That's why I love the TV show beautiful long, they have all the time, if properly exploited, the growth of the characters and interpersonal ties, as well as make them more appreciative of the spectators.
So far not even KimiUso fails, so if some catastrophe happens in the future, promotes it in my top ten autumn 2014.
The Studio A1 is a guarantee, is able to give that little bit extra to appreciate what is wrong.
Drawings and animations good, beautiful landscapes.

StormBoi said:
Kaori going to hospital = bad sign.

I agree !
Oct 25, 2014 3:48 AM

Dec 2012
Kousei's improvisation of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star was so good-
The art was really well done too. And Kaori stopping at the hospital, was a sign :/
Oct 25, 2014 5:34 AM
Apr 2013
brianez said:
I don't care what anyone says anymore, this is gorgeous. You can't tell me this isn't masterfully directed, the art is spectacular. The story is moving even though many parts are cliche or irritate me.

The flaws in this show, especially character wise, are out and easy to spot, but for some reason the charm outweighs everything. I am loving this

I don't care if it's emotionally manipulative, it's working! Manipulate me!

Every time I rewatch an episode of this show (and I'd rather rewatch this show than watch the many others I haven't watched yet) I think there are so many lacking elements and meh cliche scenes, etc ... and I just don't care, because more than any other, this show -feels- good.

The only way I can think to describe it is that it's like there's subliminal messaging running through the episode saying "this show is well made, enjoy its goodly goodness, feel warm and fuzzy."

And then Kaori pushes the button to stop at the hospital and you just think, "welp, she's dead."
Oct 25, 2014 9:14 AM

Apr 2013
AOTS.
Oct 25, 2014 10:08 AM

May 2013
They're desperate to get Kousei to be the pianist for Kaori. He's got a lot on his mind just by thinking of playing the piano. They were able to get Kousei to accept. It was all worth the wait and persuasion. They should get there on time after all that show of encouragement and determination.
Oct 25, 2014 12:43 PM

Mar 2013
Amazing episode :)
once again i fell in love with this series!

poor Kousei always end up bleeding.

And is comeback with Kaori began :)

Im guessing from the ending that they steal
the bikes and that end sentence "2 people riding
a bike is against the law", really get me laugh :) .
Oct 25, 2014 12:44 PM

Jan 2013
DEM LIPS

DAT DRAMA

DEM SAKURA PETTLES

ANO HANA 2.0 ACTIVATE
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2014

335 by RickHatake »»
May 1, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2015

234 by exho26 »»
May 1, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

1175 by Meztroz »»
Apr 28, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

331 by RickHatake »»
Apr 23, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2015

243 by Miyakirauhciyama »»
Apr 23, 4:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.