Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 20, 2014 7:49 AM

Jan 2013
And who is the best director for it? None other than Michael Bay!

Now before you say anything, I enjoy Michael Bay's films. Sure they aren't the best out there but they are still entertaining and I enjoy watching them.

Now, why do I think Michael Bay is the best one for this one? Because the anime is so fitting for his style! It's a mindless action flick with racist looking space aliens and starring national stereotypes from all over the world and they got little to no character development before they die. The exact things everyone criticize Michael Bay for doing in his films! The only thing missing are the explosions... they can make the cockroaches explode, right? Either with weapons or with other bug abilities?

And speaking of the roaches, think of how awesome they'd look like in live action with today's current technologies. Have you seen Rise and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes? The motion capture was so excellent and so real you get to really wonder if they are CGI or not! And say what you want about the turtle designs in the latest movie, the effects were incredible so at least we know that Michael Bay can give us excellent visuals for the roaches (And for the last time people, TMNT is NOT a Michael Bay movie. Can't you read the credits?!)

But it will bomb anyways, right? It's a Michael Bay movie so that's the first nail in the coffin, two it'll be seen as a racist propaganda the same way everyone said about the manga already, and three everyone will call it a Starship Troopers ripoff just because it's about soldiers going to a bug planet and exterminate them. And the only ones who may appreciate it are those who knows the source material or casual moviegoers.

So while previous attempts to make live action adaptations in anime weren't great for straying away from their original source, this one I can see it staying as close as possible because it's not that deep or complex to begin with. Hell, maybe it'll even be better than the actual manga because the screentime will go the human characters since the aliens are not characters we need focus on.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Oct 22, 2014 8:42 AM

Sep 2013
I'd watch it, but no explosions please and I still want the Japanese to be the master race, the Chinese sh!tted on and the roaches being roaches in the live action version regardless.
Oct 22, 2014 8:49 AM
Oct 2013
i dont think micheal bay would add HEAPPPSS OF ripping heads and blood spurting out everywhere. not to mention the amount of censoring in this anime.
Oct 24, 2014 2:05 AM

Jan 2013
eggroll said:
i dont think micheal bay would add HEAPPPSS OF ripping heads and blood spurting out everywhere. not to mention the amount of censoring in this anime.

Then you've probably haven't seen his Transformers movies yet. They rip each other apart like crazy! Optimus himself tore off the Fallen's head, ripped of Shockwave's throat with his bare hand, decapitated Megatron's head with his axe, Bumbelebee pulled off Ravage's full spinal column, Lockdown took Ratchet's spark out of his chest, Decepticons ripped one of them to shreds for spare parts and for human violence we have in the third movie people get vaporized leaving their bones rolling on road and these are just PG-13 movies! Imagine what he could do with an R-rated movie!
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Oct 24, 2014 8:16 AM

Mar 2013
All those are metal parts being broken. Very different from ripping a jaw and leaving the skin on the face just hanging in the air.
Oct 24, 2014 8:18 AM
Oct 2013
it's not blood though lol.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2014

194 by JVskunkape »»
May 16, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2014

250 by JVskunkape »»
May 14, 11:04 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2014

348 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 30, 2:59 AM

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2014

125 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 29, 10:41 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2014

73 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 29, 10:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.