Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 19, 2014 10:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It was okay for an episode although I find Shiina to be a bit ecstatic. Erena on the other hand is a girl I think most people can get used to easily.

Nothing special this episode though besides the common hanging out together at school. Also, enjoying life to the fullest.

Stark700Oct 19, 2014 10:52 AM
Oct 19, 2014 11:12 AM

Jul 2010
Worrying about diets with the other girls.
Do exercises together and facing the diet's worst enemy together!

Building new friendships on a common interest ^^
Oct 19, 2014 11:17 AM

Nov 2008
They all lost to melon bread including Kokomi and my lovely Matsuri, diets are truly the pits and it's just so easy to screw up and ruin it by temptation. I'd like to see Matsuri play tennis in a future episode, it's always nice to hear Rie's voice on someone who isn't a violent tsundere, my heart loves it and it loves Matsuri.

Oct 19, 2014 11:38 AM

Jan 2011
As a man, I don't know if I can go on with this show lol. It's so peaceful but so damn girly. Considering next episode is about the camera girl (and I can't stand how she talks) I might have to tap out next week. But who knows.
Oct 19, 2014 11:39 AM

Jul 2014
Another good episode introducing another bunch of interesting characters and giving a surprisingly high amount of screen time to Nao Miyoshi (at least in my opinion).

I also find it interesting how a lot of characters from the game who weren't announced for the anime have been appearing in the background every now and then in this series. Last episode it was Hana Yamada and Rui Kamijo (who was in this second episode too), and this episode it was Eri Minaguchi (the one with a bandage on/near her nose).

Now we just need to see the rest of the announced cast get decent amounts of screen time soon. In that regard, it is unfortunate that the next episode preview suggests that it will focus mostly on Mochizuki and Murakami, though at least a couple of new character appearances were confirmed as well.
Oct 19, 2014 11:47 AM

Jan 2013
This time tbere was some intereting characters.
Can't have enough of that French Engrish Japanese.
Oct 19, 2014 11:51 AM

Nov 2008
IZEROII said:
As a man, I don't know if I can go on with this show lol. It's so peaceful but so damn girly. Considering next episode is about the camera girl (and I can't stand how she talks) I might have to tap out next week. But who knows.

Hang in there.

Oct 19, 2014 11:53 AM

Nov 2013
What am I even watching :D
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Oct 19, 2014 12:12 PM

Oct 2012
Non-French people might not know that each small region in France has a local
dialect which is spoken by the people who have lived there for generations. Even
young people will speak in the dialect when no outsiders are present. There are
dozens of local dialects in France. They differ in pronunciation and vocabulary as
well. Somebody from Paris cannot understand the dialects at all. Nearby regions
speak similar dialects, so that they can understand each other even if they realize
that they are different. These dialects are all descendants of ancient languages.
Most often, they have no written form and therefore no written literature. They
switch to speaking standard French if they meet somebody who is obviously an
outsider. Recently, there are movements to promote these local languages.

So, I can totally believe that Chloe comes from some small town in France where
everybody speaks French as if it is a mixture of English and Japanese.
Oct 19, 2014 12:36 PM

Nov 2008
Shaniyaz said:

Average episode. I feel like the anime isn't exactly following the mobile game, but rather concentration each episodes on different girls about daily life issues.

You are correct, also without an mc it can't even follow the game whatsoever, I just wish there was a few themes mixed into the anime such as a focus on specific clubs because all the girls in the series belong to a certain club.

Oct 19, 2014 12:40 PM

Jun 2014
It's cute and nothing makes sense, something is strangely appealing about it to me.
Oct 19, 2014 12:52 PM
Jul 2018
Nothing really special in this episode.

A episode about the girls are going on diet.
Oct 19, 2014 1:02 PM

Mar 2009
Cute girls, sure, but there needs to be a little more substance here...
Oct 19, 2014 1:41 PM

Apr 2010
This is incredibly mediocre.
Mormegil said:
Yep this is exactly what i am missing right now the only thing this anime has going for it is that it might be shoujo ai or yuri but other then that there is nothing off interest at all.
What i saw this episode was basically setting down a stereotype example of girls, at least how a certain group of males see them.
And setting down a clueless foreigner like people don't care about their weight her in Europe...
Oct 19, 2014 3:13 PM

Aug 2013
Lol. Whole episode about going on diet.
I think, I am not a target of this anime :D
But. .. Not dropped yet.
I'm waiting for shoujo ai vibes ^^
okanagan said:
dialect which is spoken by the people who have lived there for generations. Even
dozens of local dialects in France.

ROTFL, man, it applies for every country, including Japan (in Poland we have 2 dialects that are not understandable for other regions - in Silesia and Pomerania) . France is not special by this.
rsc-plOct 19, 2014 3:22 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 19, 2014 3:15 PM

May 2013
Well, that was garbage.

Oct 19, 2014 4:28 PM

Mar 2013
Episode about girls doing diets.

I have enough of this at home :P
Oct 19, 2014 5:45 PM

Jan 2011
This episode gave me flash backs of some show that i can't even recall at the moment where the whole ep focus was also just about going on a diet!, i don't dislike this but as Mormegil stated this show needs some more substances because it's lacking that even on SoL standards it nailed the cute girls doing cute things but it needs a little more than that.

at least Miyoshi which seems like she pretty chill kind of person had a decent amount of screen time but than ton of girls showed up at the end and i had no clue who any of them were lol

next week might be tough since it's the camera girl with the god awful VA
Oct 19, 2014 7:09 PM
Oct 2010
Cute lovely calm anime is not getting love. Oh well.
Oct 19, 2014 8:27 PM
Sep 2014
I think this anime was very well constructed and adorable. XD too bad it's just me.
Oct 19, 2014 8:38 PM

Jun 2013
Another page taken out of the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things plots. It was fine and all but what I'm really concerned is the fact that all these 20 or so girls have no boyfriends. Seriously, I see that they exist. Maybe they the school has a rule against it and they all follow the rules lol.

Oct 19, 2014 9:04 PM

Feb 2013
wellthatsucks said:
why is this anime so bad and boring, i dont get it, it's sol, moe and no male mc, sounds like something that i couldn't possibly dislike, like something that was made exactly for me, but yet somehow it doesnt work at all, such a big disappointment, will give it 2-3 more eps, maybe it will get better

I can answer that. The MC is boring she is just there to lead the plot along. She is the most mellow person ever.
Although the bad voice acting currently does not help it out.
Oct 19, 2014 9:07 PM

Feb 2013
katsu044 said:
This episode gave me flash backs of some show that i can't even recall at the moment where the whole ep focus was also just about going on a diet!, i don't dislike this but as Mormegil stated this show needs some more substances because it's lacking that even on SoL standards it nailed the cute girls doing cute things but it needs a little more than that.

at least Miyoshi which seems like she pretty chill kind of person had a decent amount of screen time but than ton of girls showed up at the end and i had no clue who any of them were lol

Hey but think of the possibility. With the Camera Girl the show might reach the "So Bad it is Good" because it looking to go that way.
Oct 19, 2014 9:11 PM

Nov 2008
katsu044 said:

This anime reminds me of Love Plus Girls Talk a spinoff manga that just features the daily lives of the 3 girls you date in the game.

Oct 19, 2014 9:17 PM
Jul 2018
I don't hate this and I understand what is the purpose of this anime. Dropped.

To the fans of the game: have fun! :)
Oct 19, 2014 9:22 PM
Sep 2014
5.86, I understand how people dislike this anime, but is it really that bad???
Oct 19, 2014 9:37 PM

May 2009
The melon buns part was the only decent thing in the episode
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Oct 19, 2014 9:38 PM
Jul 2018
Mormegil said:

Substance=melon bread ;)

I find this show sickeningly adorable and relaxing. Love it.
Oct 19, 2014 9:41 PM
Oct 2010
bubblyblue said:

No, not at all, especially compared with other anime of the same genre with much less polished presentation. Even kitakubu has a much higher score on MAL and is much less well presented than this one (by the way, I kind of liked kitakubu even with all its faults, but I think this one is a better anime).
Oct 19, 2014 9:51 PM
Sep 2014
hentai_proxy said:
bubblyblue said:

No, not at all, especially compared with other anime of the same genre with much less polished presentation. Even kitakubu has a much higher score on MAL and is much less well presented than this one (by the way, I kind of liked kitakubu even with all its faults, but I think this one is a better anime).

I think Kitabuku was great, at least it gave me a good laugh every week. But yeah Girl Friend is better anyhow. Though I think I may have shit taste cause I tend to like anime like Locodol and Girlfriend.
Oct 19, 2014 9:56 PM
Oct 2010
bubblyblue said:
hentai_proxy said:

I think Kitabuku was great, at least it gave me a good laugh every week. But yeah Girl Friend is better anyhow. Though I think I may have shit taste cause I tend to like anime like Locodol and Girlfriend.

Oh don't worry, very soon the Objective Critics of Anime with Correct Opinions will inform you of your Objectively Bad Taste as part of their carpet bombing of the thread to Officially Announce that This Anime is Objectively Awful.
Oct 19, 2014 10:10 PM
Sep 2014
hentai_proxy said:
bubblyblue said:

Oh don't worry, very soon the Objective Critics of Anime with Correct Opinions will inform you of your Objectively Bad Taste as part of their carpet bombing of the thread to Officially Announce that This Anime is Objectively Awful.

LOLZ.... I supposed Locodol strike me as these girls volunteer to improve the town well being which is really enjoyable itself. I can view their actions as really noble, not to mention that Locodol is very ingenuity with subtext. For Girlfriend, episode 2 was refreshing cause it kinda remind me of Girlfriends(the manga) as it potrays high school girls trying to be more beautiful because they want to be beautiful, not impressing male. And yes, more yuri subtext XD.
Oct 19, 2014 10:23 PM

Jun 2013
Cute episode, Shiina too cute being diet conscious hahaha

I love how all the girls are so friendly towards each other.

The ost really does make it sound like a mobile game xD

I lost it laughing when Akane brought out the melonpan

Anyone else really love the way Chloe speaks? Her voice is vury cute
Oct 19, 2014 11:26 PM

Sep 2014
man i dont get why this is so boring, lol. i dont really care for any of the characters and can't even remember them after just watching them. that's the thing, at least in other cute girls doing cute things animes, the characters are actually interesting and appealing. meh.
Oct 19, 2014 11:30 PM

Apr 2011
Cute Girls Doing Cute Things eh...

All those hard exercises were destroyed by melon bread. lol

Kokomi is <3
Oct 19, 2014 11:59 PM
Oct 2011
Why I'm even watching lol
Oct 20, 2014 12:29 AM

Aug 2013
I see so this is just a show about the daily lives and common worries of girls. Cute Girls Doing Mundane Things haha. Not complaining. The tag says school and slice of life. It's been consistent so far :p

SNAP! I know the feeling, Kokomi XD! The melon bread they ate after the exercise probably has more calories than what they burned. Life is cruel.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 20, 2014 1:16 AM

Jul 2014
ThreePointer said:

^The best scene in the entire episode for me. Gotta love flexible girls

Kinda okay episode, nothing really happened. this show needs some story or some substance to keep me interested tho.
Oct 20, 2014 1:59 AM

Aug 2012
Chloe time not enough, me sad. 3/5.
Oct 20, 2014 6:29 AM
Dec 2013
I'm with Chloe on this, we need more chubby anime girls who understand the joys of being soft & squishy.
Oct 20, 2014 8:52 AM

Oct 2012
Last week, I commented that I could not find any indication that they are selling
Blu-rays and DVDs. Now they have updated the official website, as seen here:
http://girlfriend-kari-anime.jp/category/dvd-blu-ray
Strangely, Volume 1 includes Episodes 1, 2 and 3. Volume 2 includes Episodes
4, 5 and 6. I have never seen a BD/DVD which contained three episodes rather
than two. Apparently, there are a total of only four volumes.

Looking at Amazon Stalker, it seems that they were all only just listed today
(Monday, October 20th), and they have not accumulated any points yet.
okanaganOct 20, 2014 9:00 AM
Oct 20, 2014 10:22 AM

Apr 2013
Cute girls are doing cute things. No more, no less.

French girl is quite annoying though.
Oct 20, 2014 12:39 PM

May 2014
2 eps in and I still don't know know what to think of this anime. For now, I'll keep it as I seem to know every single seiyuu by voice in this series. All 64 of them! :3

Also, can anyone enlighten me as to why Miss Monochrome is in the character list?
This seems to baffle me the most.
Oct 20, 2014 1:00 PM

Jun 2013
It was a good episode but it kind of irritated me how they all wanted to go super dieting when they are all super skinny as it is, but nothing wrong with it i guess.
Cute episode though :)
Oct 20, 2014 1:26 PM

Jul 2013
this sucked... they didn't even show the competition

ps. her tits are too big for a gymnast (and any normal girl tbh)
Oct 20, 2014 1:41 PM

Dec 2012
a1l2d3r4e5d6 said:
Also, can anyone enlighten me as to why Miss Monochrome is in the character list?
This seems to baffle me the most.

LOL, apparently she's a character in the game as well: http://gfbeta.wikia.com/wiki/Miss_Monochrome
Oct 20, 2014 1:55 PM

Nov 2008
okanagan said:
Last week, I commented that I could not find any indication that they are selling
Blu-rays and DVDs. Now they have updated the official website, as seen here:
http://girlfriend-kari-anime.jp/category/dvd-blu-ray
Strangely, Volume 1 includes Episodes 1, 2 and 3. Volume 2 includes Episodes
4, 5 and 6. I have never seen a BD/DVD which contained three episodes rather
than two. Apparently, there are a total of only four volumes.

Looking at Amazon Stalker, it seems that they were all only just listed today
(Monday, October 20th), and they have not accumulated any points yet.

4 vols, hmm I may consider it if the series gets a bit better, I did preorder a Matsuri Acyclic card last night though.

Oct 20, 2014 5:33 PM

Jul 2013
This may worth sticking to just for Chloe and that sleepy model... or you can play "guess the VA" game.

Otherwise it's just really boring and neither relaxing nor funny like the usual CGDCT anime
Oct 20, 2014 6:47 PM

Aug 2014
This isn't even a romance it's school and slice of life, officially. It's just about the different type of girls you can end up with in the visual novel...
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Oct 20, 2014 8:31 PM

Jun 2012

okanagan said:
dozens of local dialects in France.

So, I can totally believe that Chloe comes from some small town in France where
everybody speaks French as if it is a mixture of English and Japanese.

A dialect of French as if it is a mixture of English and Japanese? I'm not really sure what you're imagining here, but I'll go ahead and say that it's not really something believable. I've talked to plenty of French people from all around France, and I have never heard anything even remotely resembling what you describe. Same when it comes to people here in Quebec or from New-Caledonia.

Chloe is kind of getting on my nerves. Her accent is funny and all, but the stuff that comes out of her mouth... stupidity. But not funny stupid, just stupid stupid. Otherwise, nothing special going on here, just a CGDCT kind of thing. I do not find that bad actually.
TynkerOct 20, 2014 10:41 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Girlfriend (Kari) Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2014

34 by starshinesMonet »»
Dec 16, 2023 4:49 PM

Poll: » Girlfriend (Kari) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2014

50 by Kirigayami »»
Nov 18, 2022 10:05 PM

Poll: » Girlfriend (Kari) Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2014

34 by Serafos »»
Jul 18, 2021 1:27 PM

Poll: » Girlfriend (Kari) Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

38 by Serafos »»
Jul 18, 2021 1:19 PM

Poll: » Girlfriend (Kari) Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2014

34 by Serafos »»
Jul 18, 2021 12:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.