Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 18, 2014 12:04 PM

Jun 2014
OkarinPriest said:
No, it is really difficult to know if this is sarcasm if I don't see your expressions.

"They are criticising my favourite anime, must be sarcasm!"
Oct 18, 2014 12:04 PM

Sep 2013
I don't think there is any doubt now that this FSN UBW anime is meant to be where newcomers should start, then go onto Fate/Zero.

The way the Holy Grail war was explained was clearly meant to be in a "first time you hear of it" kind of way, if you get what I'm saying.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2014 12:06 PM
Jul 2018
Chabe said:
OkarinPriest said:
No, it is really difficult to know if this is sarcasm if I don't see your expressions.

Not my favourite anime. It is Steins;Gate.
But the first 10 min were necessary. Information is important.
Oct 18, 2014 12:07 PM

Sep 2014
Chabe said:
OkarinPriest said:

"YOUR FAVOURITE ANIME IS SHIT! SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTT!" - Seiba
The sun is a deadly laser

Jul 2007
Vexper said:
CookingPriest said:
PERFECT pacing so far.

Yes the first 10 minutes were completely necessary, it's not as if they could have head straight to Kirei and got the exact same exposition... with a better voice giving it. Holy fuck, the pacing was awful, how on earth is this your definition of perfect? These threads genuinely worry me.

Yes it is necessary as establishment of Rin's character around Shirou.
It also contained very different information that complemented what you learned from Kirei.
Most of people who are hyped for this WERE waiting for the explanations, because one of major plus points for nasuverse is that stuff is explained and justified.

Mar 2014
Tsundereppoi said:
sullynathan said:

Damn, shake that ass girl.

That sig of yours and that post

lmao.
Oct 18, 2014 12:08 PM

Jun 2014
OkarinPriest said:
Chabe said:

Not my favourite anime. It is Steins;Gate.
But the first 10 min were necessary. Information is important.

If Stein's Gate is your favourite anime then why isn't it in your favourite animes on your profile?

The information was redundant when they went to the church.
Oct 18, 2014 12:08 PM

Sep 2013
Vexper said:
CookingPriest said:
PERFECT pacing so far.

Yes the first 10 minutes were completely necessary, it's not as if they could have head straight to Kirei and got the exact same exposition... with a better voice giving it. Holy fuck, the pacing was awful, how on earth is this your definition of perfect? These threads genuinely worry me.

It was necessary, they had to explain the basic lore to the viewer somehow. It doesn't matter who does the exposition, I liked how it was Rin at first.

Regardless, it didn't even take that long. I can't see the problem here.
Oct 18, 2014 12:09 PM
Jul 2018
stAtic91 said:
I rejoiced.

Kuremisago said:
[WALKING IN CIRCLES INTENSIFIES]

Haha

Great build up, as Stark said.
Hyped for next episode. More Bahsahkah
Oct 18, 2014 12:09 PM

Nov 2013
CookingPriest said:
Vexper said:

It also contained very different information that complemented what you learned from Kirei.
Most of people who are hyped for this WERE waiting for the explanations, because one of major plus points for nasuverse is that stuff is explained and justified.

They could have established that in any other way than being sat in a room dumping info whilst Saber looks on like a statue.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Oct 18, 2014 12:10 PM

Jun 2014
Vexper said:
They could have established that in any other way than being sat in a room dumping info whilst Saber looks on like a statue.

They need to give Saber screen time so that fans can fap over her and give it 10/10.
Oct 18, 2014 12:13 PM

Jul 2014
YOROKOBE! Everyone's favourite priest is back.

I can't ever get enough of best girl Rin... and even Shirou seems less annoying. I can't wait for next week; Berseker looks incredibly intimidating.
Oct 18, 2014 12:13 PM

Jul 2010
sullynathan said:
Tsundereppoi said:

That sig of yours and that post

lmao.

Rin, best girl, best ass, just everything best.
Oct 18, 2014 12:14 PM

Apr 2014
dat kirei dat berserker dat rin ass. REJOICE BOY.

Jun 2013
I really liked the episode, Rin is best girl, and can't wait for next week.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Sep 2014
Vexper said:
CookingPriest said:

Chabe said:
Vexper said:

They need to give Saber screen time so that fans can fap over her and give it 10/10.

FINALLY, WE'RE MAKING SENSE HERE!!

Oct 2013
There are so many priest and saber avatar pics in this thread. lol
Oct 18, 2014 12:15 PM

Feb 2014
Hmmm....
Oct 18, 2014 12:16 PM

Jul 2007
Vexper said:
CookingPriest said:

That worked perfectly to establish Saber's character and personality too.

Expect a whole lot more of people sitting in a room and talking.

HereticPriest said:
Hmmm....

Already posted few pages by by our resident spammermirakura.

Also spoilahs.

Jun 2014
keragamming said:

Don't worry, they're perfectly unbiased and capable of judging Fate Stay Night critically.

CookingPriest said:

Her personality? There isn't one. Just a couple of character traits with a sword.

Jul 2014
Rin ass > Sinon ass.
"Hi!"
Oct 18, 2014 12:17 PM

Sep 2013
Chabe said:
Vexper said:

It's funny watching people who obviously haven't read the VN pretend like they know what they're talking about.
Oct 18, 2014 12:17 PM

Sep 2014
M3k4toku said:
Rin ass > Sinon ass.

Lol, battle of the asses!
Oct 18, 2014 12:18 PM

Jun 2013
keragamming said:

I'll change to a Rin avatar since Rin is best girl :v
Oct 18, 2014 12:20 PM

Feb 2014
CookingPriest said:

Also spoilahs.

should have known

Well hadn't thought that a simple gif would tell so much to newcomers but just to be safe I 'tagged it.
Oct 18, 2014 12:21 PM

Feb 2014
HereticPriest said:
Hmmm....

Like father like son!!!

Sep 2014
CookingPriest said:
Vexper said:

HereticPriest said:
Hmmm....

Also spoilahs.

Nah, wasn't me.

Aug 2013
''Yorokobe shounen.''

They are following the VN pretty faithfully so far. The talk was a bit longer in the VN, but they sum it up nicely.

Kirei walking in circle in the church reminded me a certain scene in Fate/zero... I thought that it was a funny reference.

Someone had to do that gif, and it wasn't me who did it :

Tohsaka proving again that she's best girl by shamelessly mocking Shirou and his overprotective behavior.

Here you have also angry Tohsaka, facepalming Tohsaka, lurking Tohsaka, tsundere Tohsaka and embarassed Tohsaka.

I loved that handshake. THe handshake between an innocent schoolboy and a mythic warrior.

We also have the badass entry of Berserker and his Master.

Dis gon b gud

Mod Edit: Put pictures in spoiler
sarroushOct 18, 2014 12:36 PM
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Oct 18, 2014 12:22 PM

Apr 2014
Really disappointed with the return of 23 minute episodes. Instant 1/10.
Nop.
Oct 18, 2014 12:23 PM

Sep 2014
Illyasviel makes this anime 10x better than it already is. She is so cute.
Oct 18, 2014 12:24 PM

Sep 2013
Vexper said:

That was the way in which the conversation took place in the VN - and it makes perfect sense. Tohsaka is explaining the grail war to Shirou, while Saber looks on. How else was that conversation supposed to go?

Mod Edit: Quotes of deleted posts removed. Derailing characterization of another poster removed.
rodacOct 19, 2014 12:04 AM
Oct 18, 2014 12:25 PM

May 2013
Chabe said:
keragamming said:

Don't worry, they're perfectly unbiased and capable of judging Fate Stay Night critically.

CookingPriest said:

Her personality? There isn't one. Just a couple of character traits with a sword.

Of course she has a personality. The heck? >_> This is you being objective?

And go ahead and dissect my list of favorite animes to see what animes are my favorites to see my bias.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Oct 18, 2014 12:25 PM

Apr 2010
What a boring episode. What happened to the battles? 1/10 dropped.
Oct 18, 2014 12:26 PM

Jun 2014
mickdrew_99 said:
Great, another pretentious dumbass. That was the way in which the conversation took place in the VN - and it makes perfect sense. Tohsaka is explaining the grail war to Shirou, while Saber looks on. How else was that conversation supposed to go?

A good adaptation is supposed to make the source material palatable, not copy it word for word.

Sep 2014
mickdrew_99 said:
That was the way in which the conversation took place in the VN - and it makes perfect sense. Tohsaka is explaining the grail war to Shirou, while Saber looks on. How else was that conversation supposed to go?

Well she's just thinking, whilst Rin flirts with tells Shirou about stuff.
rodacOct 19, 2014 12:06 AM
Jul 2014
Chabe said:
keragamming said:

lol

Anyways, loved the pacing and Kirei was marvelous. The rejoice part was a little anti-climatic though.

5/5
I'M GONE NOW
Oct 18, 2014 12:28 PM

Jun 2014
ijuka said:

And go ahead and dissect my list of favorite animes to see what animes are my favorites to see my bias.

Sorry, she does have a personality. A very shallow and boring one. I forgot hyperbole is never to be used online.

rodacOct 19, 2014 12:12 AM
Oct 18, 2014 12:29 PM

Nov 2013
@mickdrew_99

So your logic is that, if it was present in the VN... that makes it good? Perfect? They could have avoided the entire scene and moved straight to Kirei to receive a much more entertaining explanation and avoided rehashing the same exposition. They wasted half an episode on establishing a level of character interaction they could have do in a minute or two on the way to the church.

You're not worth my time anymore.

Mod Edit: Derailing comments removed. Quotes of deleted posts removed.
rodacOct 19, 2014 12:11 AM
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Oct 18, 2014 12:31 PM

Jul 2007
SlothPriest said:
Chabe said:

lol

Anyways, loved the pacing and Kirei was marvelous. The rejoice part was a little anti-climatic though.

5/5

I liked it. It was more subtle than
Oct 18, 2014 12:31 PM

May 2013
Chabe said:
ijuka said:

Sorry, she does have a personality. A very shallow and boring one.

What list? You have nothing.

Exactly my point! It's the only defense when whenever you make an argument someone goes to your list of favorites, picks one anime you rated highly that's not supposed to be amazing, and calls you dumb due to it.

While Saber's not nearly one of my favorite characters, I don't think she's that shallow and makes much more sense than your average anime character.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Oct 18, 2014 12:32 PM
Jul 2018
Vexper said:

So your logic is that, if it was present in the VN... that makes it good? Perfect? They could have avoided the entire scene and moved straight to Kirei to receive a much more entertaining explanation and avoided rehashing the same exposition. They wasted half an episode on establishing a level of character interaction they could have do in a minute or two on the way to the church.

You know, not everyone can be happy? If they skipped it, some people will complain if they didn't some people like you will complain. Can't we just all be friends and live together?
rodacOct 19, 2014 12:14 AM
Oct 18, 2014 12:32 PM

Sep 2013
Vexper said:

I'd argue it was better this way. Rin explaining shit and Saber also saying what she had to say was a good introduction of them both to Shirou. If they went straight to Church it would've felt rushed.

And they did drink tea, if that makes you feel better. Not sure what you expected, some sick circus action?
rodacOct 19, 2014 12:14 AM
Oct 18, 2014 12:33 PM

May 2013
CookingPriest said:
SlothPriest said:
lol

5/5

dont see how that's a spoiler but whatev
Oct 18, 2014 12:33 PM

Jun 2014
ijuka said:
Exactly my point! It's the only defense when whenever you make an argument someone goes to your list of favorites, picks one anime you rated highly that's not supposed to be amazing, and calls you dumb due to it.

While Saber's not nearly one of my favorite characters, I don't think she's that shallow and makes much more sense than your average anime character.

When did I pick someone's favourite anime and call them dumb because of it?
Shallow and boring characters can make sense, but they're still shallow and boring.
Oct 18, 2014 12:34 PM
Jul 2014
CookingPriest said:
SlothPriest said:
lol

5/5

VN is better.

Kirei rape voice makes me climax
Chabe said:
ijuka said:

Sorry, she does have a personality. A very shallow and boring one
Subjective...
I'M GONE NOW
Oct 18, 2014 12:35 PM

Apr 2010
darkreaver94 said:
Massive info dumped but necessary. Berserker looks like he is out of breath.

You see that hill they're on? It's no wonder.
Oct 18, 2014 12:35 PM

Feb 2014
CookingPriest said:
SlothPriest said:
lol

5/5

I actually liked how
Oct 18, 2014 12:37 PM

Sep 2014
HereticPriest said:
CookingPriest said:

I actually liked how

fix'd
SlothPriest said:
CookingPriest said:

VN is better.

Kirei rape voice makes me climax
Chabe said:

Sorry, she does have a personality. A very shallow and boring one
Subjective...

No, she DOES have a personality.
Oct 18, 2014 12:37 PM

Sep 2013
@Vexper

And no, I never said since it's in the VN that means it's perfect. I said it makes perfect sense. Sorry if the show isn't as efficient as you would like.
rodacOct 19, 2014 12:16 AM
Oct 18, 2014 12:38 PM

Oct 2014
Was Rins ass really that big in the old anime/novel? Thats huge for a 16 year old girl.

Good episode with a nice cliffhanger in Berserker showing up.

Pages (18) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by oilapqoi »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

707 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 14, 1:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.