Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Oct 19, 2014 5:01 AM

Jun 2013
damn they're back to that crappy ALO setting
Oct 19, 2014 5:09 AM

Jun 2008
minouneetzoe said:
Ohh, not only Kirito is a OP swordman and ladykiller, he's now fucking Kind Arthur?! Didn't saw that coming.

You forgot he is also Matrix Neo and Jedi.
Oct 19, 2014 5:26 AM

Jun 2011
I don't stomach the whole ALO stuff very well, so hopefully this arc won't take long or it will get enganging, serious and stop looking so filler-like in terms of plot and how the characters act (I know this wasn't filler but it still looks darn so).

Liked the OP more than the previous one. At least the animation. It even kinda reminded me of Fate Stay Night at the beginning. This new OP style is refreshing.
Oct 19, 2014 5:32 AM

Mar 2011
I quite like this little arc.

Also.

http://i.imgur.com/kPmMA7W.png?1
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Oct 19, 2014 6:01 AM

Feb 2013
I like the new op's animation.
Jesus can walk on water. Cucumbers are 96% water. I can walk on cucumbers. I'm 96% Jesus.
Oct 19, 2014 6:02 AM

Oct 2013
Khaledwx said:
damn they're back to that crappy ALO setting
Agreed.

Oct 19, 2014 6:12 AM

Jul 2008
BregasSa said:
Rinth said:

Eh, you are wrong. The current order of events is actually correct. May want to check your facts again.

Wait... no no no... GGO = VOL 6, MotherRosario = VOL 7, A murder case & this arc = VOL 8
Are you already read the LN ?? or i'm misunderstand something here

Chronologically Caliber arc happens before Mother Rosario just like how the side stories in Vol 8 happens before the SAO arc is over.
You should go give it a read again, Kirito does have excalibur in MR.
Oct 19, 2014 6:13 AM

Jul 2014
My worst dreams just came true.... as i predicted imminent death threat is gone and once again we have just kids playing games. The sentimental return of old group exploring new areas feels pretty much like the underwater ova. I am not sure that it is the right way to go about the whole new arc. In the end of the day people seeking quality will move on and moe zombies get what they want. Companies will earn their merits so the world will keep spinning and everybody will be happy.
Oct 19, 2014 6:46 AM

Jul 2013
AnimeElitist said:
My worst dreams just came true.... as i predicted imminent death threat is gone and once again we have just kids playing games. The sentimental return of old group exploring new areas feels pretty much like the underwater ova. I am not sure that it is the right way to go about the whole new arc. In the end of the day people seeking quality will move on and moe zombies get what they want. Companies will earn their merits so the world will keep spinning and everybody will be happy.

This arc/side story will end with episode 17.
Oct 19, 2014 6:51 AM

Jul 2008
AnimeElitist said:

Because obviously dead threat = quality.
That's a pretty shallow statement.

I'm not going to say that this arc will be good because I know it won't but disregarding a story simply because there is no death threat is pretty stupid. MR will not have any death treat either but it'll also be the arc with the deepest and most meaningful character development up to date. It also has the most insight about how VR can tie to other things than game and how your sense of reality can be shaped around it.

Obviously MR won't be an action packed arc so kids coming here for fight to the death will be disappointed.
Oct 19, 2014 6:56 AM

Jan 2014
Shangetsu said:
AnimeElitist said:

Because obviously dead threat = quality.
That's a pretty shallow statement.

I'm not going to say that this arc will be good because I know it won't but disregarding a story simply because there is no death threat is pretty stupid. MR will not have any death treat either but it'll also be the arc with the deepest and most meaningful character development up to date. It also has the most insight about how VR can tie to other things than game and how your sense of reality can be shaped around it.

Obviously MR won't be an action packed arc so kids coming here for fight to the death will be disappointed.
Because obviously death makes every story mature,right?Amount of prejudgment is really strong when it comes to SAO :I
Oct 19, 2014 7:16 AM

Jan 2014
Yay, nice episode, build up tho.

New OP is really OP, especially the animation, wow.
Oct 19, 2014 7:22 AM

Nov 2013
I miss the lightsaber action already.
Oct 19, 2014 7:50 AM
Aug 2014
The second part of SAO II has begun and it starts in ALO, which in my opinion makes me think about the second part of SAO I and I only hope that it won't turn out that way.

Then I wonder you Kirito will end up with, since we haven't seen much Kirito and Asuna moments and Kirito has been teasing Sinon in this episode.

Furthermore this is a new arc where we get introduced to the quest that Kirito and co. is going to do. This episode is pretty much the set-up for that mission. I hope the second part will be better than that of SAO I and as good or maybe better than this first part.
Oct 19, 2014 7:59 AM

Dec 2012
I'm surprised. New arc soon :O

Oct 19, 2014 8:18 AM

May 2013
New OP and ED. Quite good in my opinion. The quest for Excalibur is underway. Seems that they're hunting the king of the frost giants and his lackeys. Sinon's avatar in ALO is a catlike humanoid. Cool. I wonder if Kirito will acquire Excalibur after all this. That would be sweet. I hope this won't be the end of GGO. Things were good back when those stuff happened.
Oct 19, 2014 8:29 AM

May 2011
You know, I'm really starting to ship Lizbeth x Klein they seem like they'd make a good pair. Age difference aside. They seem like they'd make a good the second best pairing to Asuna x Kirito. The girls with no shot for Kirito's affection need love too. It gets tiring watching harems where girls swoon over just one guy and don't move on.
Oct 19, 2014 9:41 AM

Oct 2013
Well, that episode was just ok. New OP & ED themes aren't much to write home about, especially the OP - though the animation wasn't bad for it. I hope the quest for the sword doesn't take too long, since it seems kinda lame so far anyway.
Oct 19, 2014 10:16 AM

Apr 2013
This episode was very boring. I think that the new OP and ED are not really good, but I actually didn't know anyway, what will await me.

It can be better, but I think that it won't happen.
Oct 19, 2014 10:53 AM
Jun 2012
This was very meh. The only good part about this are the visuals and audio as usual. ALO backgrounds are amazing, and the music really fits the atmosphere. The story however seems like a bad filler arc, and the harem-ness has been turned up to 11. The OP is fucking awesome though, can't believe they're gonna switch that out after one more episode. As for the ending, the song is awesome, but the rest, ehh. They seriously used fanservice scenes to describe their characters.
Oct 19, 2014 10:56 AM

Sep 2014
Really funny to see Kirito teasing Sinon, also the character designs are nice.

Will this be a long arc or it's just a filler?
Oct 19, 2014 11:02 AM

Mar 2009
That was pretty average. The animation was as lazy as it gets:
Whole team meets to discuss the quest and then we are supposed to get good scene where they suit-up but we get freaking 5 static frames! same goes to new ED, static images one after another. I am not asking for ufotable class effort but this is just too much.

Plot wise though I can see some nice potential. New, lighter, short arc with potential support characters development is exactly what I think would be best.
Oct 19, 2014 11:20 AM
Apr 2012
Excellent setup episode. Really liking that Asuna is back as a major player, Sinon was great and all that but she pales in comparison to Asuna. Speaking of Sinon, like her ALO avatar. Interesting threat and equally so for the quest for Excalibur. OP and ED did not leave a great impression, hoping it grows on me.
Oct 19, 2014 11:26 AM

Aug 2010
Damn, that was boring.
I've never liked ALO too much...
At least the OP and ED are nice as always.
Oct 19, 2014 12:36 PM

May 2013
Eh, I miss GGO already. If this is as straight forward as it seems (and with the conflict being as exclusive to ALO world as it is posed to be), the this might get real boring.

Episode itself didn't have much happen. Worked better in the first half of the season when they were introducing new characters, they were introducing a mystery storyline, and it felt like real stakes were on the line. Here, not all that much.
Oct 19, 2014 12:52 PM

Sep 2013
CujoFoxtar said:
Old_Raven said:
Aaaaannnndd were back to elf-shit again. Ok I gave it a second chance even though I knew since July Id be disappointed. Fuck you SAO and fuck you author. Im done.

I'm guessing her royal bitchiness Leafa (AKA Taketatsu, Successor to Her Royal Bitchiness Kugimiya) is the biggest reason why you think the Elf arc is shit.

If you were paying attention in S1, Sugou's gone. Therefore, B-Grade Hentai plot is gone with him. Same with Shinkawa and his sociopathic rapeyness (and that just recently got done with). Meaning that Leafa's been reduced to nothing more than a teenage twat who fantasizes about a romance that can never be.

I'm no SAO lover, but even I can see the subtle hints of how SAO is trying to modernize the MMO cliques that .hack once helped to promote.

'sides, if you wanna bitch about ALO and its super lewdness, then in exchange you should go bitch to China about the incessant WoW clones they seem to pump out daily (and they're quite arrogant about it as well - "WoW Killer" my ass).

Wow youre complicated. Simple is big, mate, and theres a simple answer for my dislike of the elf-shit: character designs were painful to look at. I was also severely disappointed that the potential of Aincrad was abandoned for goddamn long-earred characters.
Oct 19, 2014 1:14 PM

Jun 2008
Drinking coffee(or milk or tea or whatever) the Kirito way.
Oct 19, 2014 1:45 PM

Dec 2012
Whats the name of that track that starts playing at 11:27? Anyone realize it besides me?
Oct 19, 2014 2:37 PM

Oct 2013
new op is nice.
new quest seems pretty cool
death gun forgotten lol?
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Oct 19, 2014 3:20 PM

May 2011
AnimeElitist said:

chill out. life and death has been the underlying factor for the entire series so far. I know things will get more serious before the season is over.
Oct 19, 2014 3:52 PM

Jan 2011
So Sinon only made that char two weeks ago, and yet she is participating in some kind of high end world changing secret quest..

Either the guys over at Log Horizon are slacking off, or leveling in SAO (yeah yeah, it's ALO, thats not the point, and they use the same system anyways) is that much faster.

If they'd countinue with ALO, she'd get her legendary before poor Akatsuki...

Besides that, nice to see (nearly) everyone together again for once.
Oct 19, 2014 4:09 PM

Nov 2013
NwAurion said:
Either the guys over at Log Horizon are slacking off, or leveling in SAO (yeah yeah, it's ALO, thats not the point, and they use the same system anyways) is that much faster.

If they'd countinue with ALO, she'd get her legendary before poor Akatsuki...

I wonder if Akatsuki will forget about poor Shiroe once she lays her eyes on the hunk that is Kirito.

Oct 19, 2014 4:23 PM

Jul 2012

This was pretty cute. xD

Anyways! NEW ARC!
Woot, that was a nice first episode.
I kind of miss GGO, but at the same time I'm glad it's over. :P
So....we get an intro to how Kirito and Suguha tamed that....weird and creepy Jellyfish and Elephant type monster? o-o
Ok.....that was pretty weird, but cool.

And then--
HOLY SHET!
Hot naked Asuna taking a bath~! :O
Nice fanservice there......

*Cough*
Then, we get a REALLY long intro to this quest that everyone is know doing....to what, get the Excalibur sword I guess? o-o Who knows?
It might be really to stop the destruction of Alfheim... :P
But, still a pretty informative episode, hopefully we'll get some awesome action episodes later on~! :3
Oct 19, 2014 4:48 PM

Jan 2012
This is what I've been waiting for, I like GGO but these medieval styled games like
SAO and ALO are what I'm really into. Plus, its awesome to see most of the gang
partying up for an epic quest, unlike the first half of this season where it was just
Kirito and Sinon.
Oct 19, 2014 5:39 PM

Oct 2014
Btw did anyone find Kiritos Alo avatar design better than Season 1?

Sinon Ass Online will never die!!!

Oct 19, 2014 5:40 PM

Dec 2012
Am I supposed to get hyped? -_- So boring. This is the new arc?! Very disappointing. I hated Alfheim Online in the first place. I don't like those characters returning as main cast. 2/5
Oct 19, 2014 6:48 PM

Nov 2012
Lots of butthurt all around b/c we return to Alfeheim and Sugu huh?

Well I personally thought it was a decent episode, not bad but not all that great either. It was nice seeing all of these characters Kirito became friends with interact as a whole big group and go on a quest together and have some silly moments. Fanservice was pretty nice. I'm actually one of the last people on MAL you'll ever see complaining about fanservice, although I will say Asuna's tits are pretty big for her having such a slender frame I suppose haha.

I'm hearing this arc will last 3 episodes total..hmm

I have to admit I was kinda zoning out when that lady appeared and started explaining the quest to them, that was kinda longer than I expected.

Hopefully this mini arc will have some cool action and a few more enjoyable silly scenes before we go to the next major arc. Wonder what it will be about..
Oct 19, 2014 7:48 PM

Aug 2007
boring setup episode . . .
Oct 19, 2014 8:11 PM

Aug 2012
The new opening... I gotta say, it feels a lot like the classic SAO opening. It just reminds me of when everything felt like a videogame still. GGO was realistic, I forgot they were playing games at certain moments.

As for this arc, I'm hoping it's better than the Fairy Dance arc. It's already off to a good start. Hopefully this plays out well.
Oct 19, 2014 8:23 PM

Jul 2012
Kirito and the gang are finally all back together in ALO.

Great episode!!!
Oct 19, 2014 8:33 PM

Oct 2012
eh it was ok
RRRRRRRRRR
Oct 19, 2014 9:11 PM

Sep 2014
The reason I love SAO so much is because of how dramatic deaths are in-game. Now that they can't actually die, there's no appeal for me.. Especially since there's no more Kiritio x Asuna stuff happening. This Excalibur quest is kinda boring
Oct 19, 2014 10:18 PM

Nov 2012
I hope this isn't where the anime takes a dive, but now that the debilitating duo are back I'm not holding my breath.
Oct 19, 2014 10:42 PM

Apr 2012
Calibur episode now :D
lol that Klein lean to Kirito *yaoi intensified* xD

imo the second OP animation is really good but the song doesn't fit.
the second ED is fine.

let the Quest begin :D

Oct 20, 2014 5:22 AM

Dec 2013
Am I the only one around here who actually enjoys ALO?

It's not the best but damn it's not so bad that u have to drop the entire series?? :/

Oct 20, 2014 7:59 AM

Jun 2010
Well shit, here it is.. the inevitable.. A-1 fucking it up. That's a very awkward transition to Calibur arc. Tonkii doesn't deserve a freaking slideshow flashback. It's like the best part of ALO arc. Sigh.

Dat Sinon fanservice though. I was kinda waiting for that.
Oct 20, 2014 8:57 AM

Jul 2014
Just something
Is tail sensibility in ALO like in To Love Ru?
You know, I got the theory that Sinon kinda felt excited at Kirito grabbing her tail
Oct 20, 2014 9:52 AM

Nov 2013
This was alright. ALO looks like a cool game this time.
4/5
Oct 20, 2014 9:54 AM

Aug 2014
Rolanddeschain said:
Just something
You know, I got the theory that Sinon kinda felt excited at Kirito grabbing her tail

It's supposed to feel "really weird" from the LN's.
Oct 20, 2014 10:14 AM

Nov 2013
InsertPriestHere said:
Rolanddeschain said:
Just something

It's supposed to feel "really weird" from the LN's.
Considering people don't have tails in real life, yes of course it will feel weird...
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 27, 2014

611 by Bruh69XD »»
May 10, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

546 by amf85 »»
Apr 30, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

432 by amf85 »»
Apr 29, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

286 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 6, 2014

418 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 3:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.