Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 18, 2014 5:25 PM

Apr 2011
Love the new opening and ending. Though I don't care for ALO it should be a alright story arc.
Oct 18, 2014 5:47 PM

Jul 2014
No more hype *_*

Still, better to watch ^_^
Oct 18, 2014 5:55 PM

Dec 2013
Yay, we're back to fantasy RPG settings. Too bad I hate ALO.
Oct 18, 2014 6:16 PM

May 2010
This felt more like SAO.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Oct 18, 2014 6:26 PM

Sep 2012
From what I see, Calibur sidestory is better off as a one hour long OVA or something. They made the flying elephant meeting a flashback which kinda stinks, and they're wasting 2-3 episodes on this.

They instead could have start Mother Rosario for the rest and tease for the fourth arc at the very end (depending on how they did MR) and then we'd probably be set for SAO III. But whatever, if they do start Mother Rosario in this season, they better not butcher the crap out of it. :/ 70% sure that they will though.
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Oct 18, 2014 6:37 PM

Mar 2014
The ED was pretty lame, but that OP was gorgeous. Also, Sinon looks pretty awesome with cat ears.
Liked the part where Kirito pulls Sinon's tail and then later Silica looks at her own tail with a sad face. xD
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Oct 18, 2014 6:52 PM

Aug 2014
The new OP is awesome and the ending's too! This new Arc is in Alfheim and just for this episode I liked a lot. Everyone is back again, it's the sword art online team together now with Sinon too! ;)
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Oct 18, 2014 6:56 PM

Nov 2013
hawk222 said:
did we really need to see Asuna in the bathtub, or a butt shot of Sinon, or the flashback scene from season 1 where Silica almost flashed her panties? Did we really need any of that??

The one in bold is a yes.
Oct 18, 2014 7:01 PM

Oct 2013
StrawberryRain said:
The ED was pretty lame, but that OP was gorgeous. Also, Sinon looks pretty awesome with cat ears.
Liked the part where Kirito pulls Sinon's tail and then later Silica looks at her own tail with a sad face. xD

To be fair, the current OP and ED will only be in place for three episodes. It'd be strange if they spent any more money on them.
Oct 18, 2014 7:03 PM

Jul 2014
i love the concept of the new OP, but the song isn't really

so we got back to ALO and there's sinon with cat ears :3 and that scene when kirito grab sinon's tail, LOL

always, i always loved the sword design in SAO series, this excalibur isn't bad and a bit resemble the sword that liz made for the first time.
a dual-sword wielder, fire element in right arm and ice element in left arm
Oct 18, 2014 7:06 PM

Feb 2014
Why they make LiSA to sings the Ending ? She always do her best in the Openings.
Oct 18, 2014 7:29 PM

Aug 2014
Meh episode I think the only thing I really enjoyed was Tonkii. OP and ED were also pretty meh which is a shame since Crossing Field from season one was pretty great and I don't remember the visuals with that being that bad. The visuals from the ED are pretty much just all the girl's embarrassing moments from past seasons? I was pretty much facepalming by the point they got around to Sinon and her changing room scene -_-'.
Oct 18, 2014 7:42 PM

Aug 2013
Great OP and ED, but I'm not so sure about the arc...
Oct 18, 2014 7:47 PM

Apr 2014
A nice refresher with a nice OP.

looket all them demons
oh boy am i scared
i better run

Oct 18, 2014 8:06 PM

Dec 2011

In this world, bows have more range than spears, but less range than magic

So let me get this straight Liz: you're telling me that all the bows in ALO work off the Shortbow formula? They really slanted it towards magic users didn't they (which reminds me - the magic system seems to work similar to .hack's keyword system used to generate map data)?

And then she goes and says this:

In RPGs, a Samurai has been a 'warrior plus black magic' class for a long time.

Thinking of Dark Knights much, Lizzy? Though to be fair, she's not 100% off the mark - Samurai do have elemental skills, but they're still hybrids with more emphasis on melee stats. The element part is merely an enchant to assist the Samurai with killing enemies that have low MDEF and high PDEF.

Samurai are basically Warriors with less defense and more damage to make up for the tradeoff (as Warriors generally lose to magic users in a 1v1).

And as for Kirito's gang... they pretty much just turned the stereotypical D&D party on its head, didn't they? Only two dudes and the rest are maidens (whereas its the reverse for most stereotypical D&D parties - more men than women, and none are in the higher endurance roles).
Oct 18, 2014 8:15 PM

Mar 2012
A-A-A-A-A-Asuna in the bath?! *dies*
Oct 18, 2014 8:28 PM

Oct 2013
CujoFoxtar said:

In this world, bows have more range than spears, but less range than magic

So let me get this straight Liz: you're telling me that all the bows in ALO work off the Shortbow formula? They really slanted it towards magic users didn't they (which reminds me - the magic system seems to work similar to .hack's keyword system used to generate map data)?

That's the case in practically all the MMORPGs though. Bows usually have equal or less range than magic, and there is rarely any distinction between shortbow, longbow, crossbow, etc. They are all just dumped into one "ranged weapon" category usually.
Oct 18, 2014 8:30 PM

Sep 2013
why did they skipped 1 week? wasn't episode 15 due on the 11th?
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Oct 18, 2014 8:42 PM

Apr 2013
Like the OP and ED, good song and visuals
Oct 18, 2014 8:59 PM

Mar 2013
Nice new OP and ED
This seems like a small filler arc tbh, hopefully it's not and much more bigger than that.
So, they're doing this for a tentacle-like creature, a cliché named sword, and for publicity?
Okay, I can work with that.
Asuna and Sinon fanservice was much appreciated.
Oct 18, 2014 9:04 PM

Jan 2014
For me this is the worst arc in SAO.... and why the hell they adapt this arc first ??? It should be Mother rosario,
*sigh* I hate SAO season 2... i'll wait for season 3... wait for the best arc in SAO "Allizization" I wonder when they gonna release it..
"Eye for an eye
a tooth for a tooth
and eternal sleep... for the Dead."

Heike`Code;02`

Oct 18, 2014 9:06 PM

Oct 2013
BregasSa said:
For me this is the worst arc in SAO.... and why the hell they adapt this arc first ??? It should be Mother rosario,
*sigh* I hate SAO season 2... i'll wait for season 3... wait for the best arc in SAO "Allizization" I wonder when they gonna release it..

Eh, you are wrong. The current order of events is actually correct. May want to check your facts again.
Oct 18, 2014 9:11 PM

Sep 2014
I loved the new OP and ED. Especially the visuals! Its just Beautiful!

And YaYYYYYYYYY, finally the other characters are shown more :-D i hope it last to the end, since my hype for GGO fell, but this one picked it back up.

I like Sinons design

Asuna! Its been a long time since i saw those 2 cuties.
Oct 18, 2014 9:13 PM

Dec 2011
Rinth said:
CujoFoxtar said:

That's the case in practically all the MMORPGs though. Bows usually have equal or less range than magic, and there is rarely any distinction between shortbow, longbow, crossbow, etc. They are all just dumped into one "ranged weapon" category usually.

If I'm not mistaken though, in Mabinogi (which had a crossover with SAO not long ago) bows had more "literal" range than magic.

Magic has more "effective" range, but that's because usually the higher end spells cover more territory (thus why magic users are also known as "AoE all the things and die because you were reckless and hit the insta-death aggro mob" class), but bows have more "literal" range in that they can hit targets from a further distance but generally can only hit one thing at a time (exceptions are in cases where they have abilities designed to work around this at a tradeoff; i.e. an arrow rain ability that hits more enemies at a cost of less range/damage).

Basically, Magic>Ranged in terms of raw damage output, but Ranged>Magic in terms of speed and flexibility.

Thus why I thought it would've been a no-brainer to have a set of bows that use the Longbow formula - AKA higher range and power but a huge penalty to firing rate via either speed or stamina loss. Such a thing would've fit Sinon to a T, as Longbows fit her Sniper-esque playstyle better.
Oct 18, 2014 9:16 PM

Jun 2014
Blerg. that NPC talked way too much.
This arc seems even more lame the others. No lives stake? boring. Hopefully theres some new catch next episode..
Oct 18, 2014 9:19 PM

Sep 2013
Aaaaannnndd were back to elf-shit again. Ok I gave it a second chance even though I knew since July Id be disappointed. Fuck you SAO and fuck you author. Im done.
Oct 18, 2014 9:29 PM

Dec 2011
Old_Raven said:
Aaaaannnndd were back to elf-shit again. Ok I gave it a second chance even though I knew since July Id be disappointed. Fuck you SAO and fuck you author. Im done.

I'm guessing her royal bitchiness Leafa (AKA Taketatsu, Successor to Her Royal Bitchiness Kugimiya) is the biggest reason why you think the Elf arc is shit.

If you were paying attention in S1, Sugou's gone. Therefore, B-Grade Hentai plot is gone with him. Same with Shinkawa and his sociopathic rapeyness (and that just recently got done with). Meaning that Leafa's been reduced to nothing more than a teenage twat who fantasizes about a romance that can never be.

I'm no SAO lover, but even I can see the subtle hints of how SAO is trying to modernize the MMO cliques that .hack once helped to promote.

'sides, if you wanna bitch about ALO and its super lewdness, then in exchange you should go bitch to China about the incessant WoW clones they seem to pump out daily (and they're quite arrogant about it as well - "WoW Killer" my ass).
Oct 18, 2014 9:30 PM

Sep 2013
Old_Raven said:

Goodbye...

We are back to the elf world of ALO and I do say, I like Sinon's character design.

A new quest to recieve the excalibur sword starts now!!

Oct 18, 2014 9:52 PM
Mar 2014
This Arc seems interesting.

Glad the whole gang is gonna participate in this Arc :D
Oct 18, 2014 9:55 PM

Jan 2014
Rinth said:
BregasSa said:

Eh, you are wrong. The current order of events is actually correct. May want to check your facts again.

Wait... no no no... GGO = VOL 6, MotherRosario = VOL 7, A murder case & this arc = VOL 8
Are you already read the LN ?? or i'm misunderstand something here
BregasSaOct 18, 2014 10:00 PM
"Eye for an eye
a tooth for a tooth
and eternal sleep... for the Dead."

Heike`Code;02`

Oct 18, 2014 10:12 PM
Nov 2010
I also was kinda surprised they skipped them coming across the sword before. When I saw the OP I realized that this arc is gonna be longer than I expected. There were a lot of hilarious moments for me, like when Kirito had to keep changing his adjectives of Tonkii and when he pulled Sinon's tail.

I'm starting to think I must've skipped this arc in the LN cuz I didn't remember the queen of the lake describing all that backstory to the quest.

LOL @ the ppl who always never read the quest details. I know exactly what ya mean. Whenever I go through my first play through though I like to read it. xD
Oct 18, 2014 10:29 PM

Aug 2013
It seems like they paid a lot of attention to detail this episode, which was a good thing. You don't just see them in a dungeon slaying shit and wonder how and why they are there.

Idk how I feel about the new Op/ED. They weren't bad, but not great. And I feel like having LiSA doing the end is just a waste of her talents. When you think about the first season of SAO, the first things that come to mind are power couple Kirito x Asuna, and Crossing Field. The song is an incredibly iconic part of the franchise, and then you just have her do a mediocre ED song after not having her do a single song for two separate arcs.

Anyway, cant wait to see how this arc progresses.
Oct 18, 2014 10:33 PM

Jun 2010
wow that opening had me like (°0°)

lol we all know shinon didn't mean nostril when she mentioned those fire arrows.

finally we get to see a proper raid from the minions to the boss.

P.S. the fan service was delicious. =P
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Oct 18, 2014 10:37 PM

Dec 2013
At long last I can say. GGO. Its done.

Whew thank GOD. We're FINALLY back on track! New Arc! Team Harem! #SinonsACat!!!!

Then theres Asuna in the shower, Kirino's voice from Sugu going "Onii-chan", 1 neko loli, 1 neko tsundere with super soft tail (i know you liked it Sinon), 1 little girl - Yui, 1 lizabeth and 1 Klein. Kirito you lucky guy.

THE.HAREM.IS.REAL.

Wow... Tonkii wtf lol~ Hes sooo weird and big and creepy and tentacles. Like holy shit.

Can't wait to see them start fighting. No more guns pls. I hope to see more Kirito and Asuna romance but I think there'll be almost none since this Harem is REAL.

Anyways, i give this episode a 5/5 because it was REFRESHING AS FUK. Felt SOOOOOO good its no more Sinon x Kirito in GGO with guns and Kirito with Long hair. I think that was my least favorite arc of all.

The new songs are pretty good~ Every song by LiSA is good~
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Oct 18, 2014 11:46 PM

Aug 2011
Yay Caliber arc!
Saves us a few weeks from the hellish Mother's Rosario
Oct 18, 2014 11:52 PM

Jul 2014
Sinon's ass is still the shit.
How do I signature?
Oct 19, 2014 12:14 AM

Jul 2007
REKT said:
From now on SAO the rest of the Season will be equivalent to filler episodes. Just look, for sure this arc wont be serious. No bad guys, no nothing. This arc will suck so bad. Just saying.

Wrong.

Also your definition of 'filler' is broken.
Oct 19, 2014 12:16 AM

Aug 2011
Blitzkriag said:
Sinon's ass has shit.

Fix'd
Oct 19, 2014 12:19 AM

Oct 2011
Awesome !!!!

Will the Op scenes change for MR arc?

Since a new ED is also for MR arc
Oct 19, 2014 12:31 AM

Dec 2008
If this is filler, I'm still interested in seeing where it goes.

I like it when SAO kind of kicks back and goes into the chill, game-focused vibe, especially after heavy the last three arcs have been (Aincrad and GGO in particular), so I hope this part is enjoyable, regardless of how short it is.
Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

Oct 19, 2014 12:34 AM

Oct 2013
I don't understand why people are calling this a filler.

How can it be a filler if it's based on source material? It's rather short, but that's the nature of this short story from source material.
Oct 19, 2014 12:49 AM

May 2013
Dat OP, I like it. And the ED's pretty cool too.

So, we have a flying elephant jellyfish named Tonkii, some Asuna in a bathtub fanservice, and some Sinon tail-pulling action.
All before the quest for Excalibur happens.
It's Thrym vs Urd. All for Excalibur and/or Caliburn.

Kind of cool that if Thrym gets Excalibur, it'll change the entire game by having frost giants take over the surface world.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Oct 19, 2014 1:29 AM
Oct 2014
an epic start to ALO (new) from GGO
Oct 19, 2014 1:44 AM
Dec 2013
loved it. OP and ED were awesome. cant wait for what happens next
Oct 19, 2014 2:04 AM

Jan 2009
the OP and ED songs are nice
Oct 19, 2014 2:48 AM

Jun 2013
Are you fucking kidding me??? WHY THE FUCK DOES SUGUHA NEED TWO CUPS TO DRINK MILK WTF
Oct 19, 2014 3:00 AM
Aug 2014
New arc! And it's about ALO! Really looking forward to it.

Also, that face Suguha made was hilarious!:
Oct 19, 2014 3:07 AM
Apr 2013
This was much better. I still don't like most of the characters, but the plot is finally interesting and exciting.
Oct 19, 2014 3:48 AM

Dec 2011
Fireego said:

Kind of cool that if Thrym gets Excalibur, it'll change the entire game by having frost giants take over the surface world.

Waaaaaait a tic... that plot point seems familiar.

Also:
kingsheep812 said:
THE.HAREM.IS.REAL.

Yeah, that's what it appears on the surface. But woe betide any of those girls if they try to make an attempt on Kirito's meat at night. Hell hath no fury like the married Asuna scorned (though Kirito's probably a better harem protag in that he made his claim from the get go, and sticks to his guns - "fidelity", a long lost trait in males that appears to have vanished recently).
Oct 19, 2014 4:43 AM

Jul 2014
I like the ALO world a lot, it certainly is better than SAO in terms of everything it has to offer in terms of the game setting and its potential. Really itching to see the ALO cast in some action again, and I can already see that Sinon is looking good and mixing in well. That tail grabbing scene is the lol, but I'm more so impressed by her remark about wanting the legendary bow and sniping enemies from 200 metres away... sasuga Sinon hahaha
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 27, 2014

611 by Bruh69XD »»
May 10, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

546 by amf85 »»
Apr 30, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

432 by amf85 »»
Apr 29, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

286 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 6, 2014

418 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 3:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.